#51 Reena28

Reena28
  • Global 100+
  • 175 posts
  • Interests:Reading, working out
  • Dx:Endometriosis
  • My Clinic:First Steps

Posted 03 January 2016 - 06:57 AM

Jody, I'm not quite there yet but I think I will be. DH always gets the brunt. I'd be watching tv and he would ask me something and I'd start giving him a deadly evil stare asking why the heck is he talking to me when I'm watching tv. Lol oh boy. Thanks for the laughs. I read laughter lowers the stress hormones and that's really all we can do while going on this emotional roller coaster. I really hope this year works out for you. :) thank you for sharing/ranting!
TTC since March 2014; Me 34 - DH 37; never conceived

March 2015 Joined clinic for Cycle monitoring - Sx for polypectomy in June 2015, found Endometriosis (I'm assuming mild, stage 1-2) - 2 failed IUIs

Jan 2016 (funded) IVF (15 retrieved, 1 last blast was abnormal as per PGS)

IVF #2 - beginning of April 2016
4 mature eggs retrieved April 19th
4 blasts for freezing!!!!! FET to be done July 2016

July 21 - hatching blast transferred (close to perfect 1ab)
July 27 - HPT+!!!!!
Aug 2 - 385 *happy dance*
Aug 4 - 1408 (14dp5dt)
Aug 6 - 3202
Aug 8 - 5947 (??not double)
Aug 18 - first ultrasound
Oc 2016 - due date moved from April 8th to 7th!

#52 Melissa182

Melissa182
  • Global 100+
  • 242 posts
  • Dx:N/A

Posted 03 January 2016 - 05:11 PM

I think I am getting sick and I am worried that I won't be able to do the transfer on Jan 29th. I know I need to tell my doctor, but I hate to give up this round. I want a baby. I am also concerned that I will lose my $3,250 since it was non-refundable and paid on Dec 15th. I have my first ultrasound on Wed. I am stressing. My symptoms:

cough, stuffy and runny nose, post nasal drip and extreme shortness of breath. I am walking much slower due to shortness of breath. I was trying to gather up laundry the other day and my chest felt so tight and I just couldn't breathe. I had to stop walking, put the basket down and just be still until my breathing was normal. 

I am debating telling my doctor...I dont want to face up to being sick. I just want to wake up and feel better and move forward with my transfer

#53 Seems like forever

Seems like forever
  • Global 100+
  • 807 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor

Posted 07 January 2016 - 10:57 AM

Good morning ladies!

It looks like I'll be joining you here. I was supposed to do a fresh cycle this month but that didn't work out so I'm going to transfer my one and only snow baby th_acold.gif

this will be my 5th cycle. two fresh two frozen and a third frozen cycle that was cancelled.

Me: 33DH: 38 

Dx: DH-Severe Male Factor Me-Thyroid antibodies, low AMH, Insulin resistance 

TTC: 6+ years

see more under the about me page

#54 StarSapphire

StarSapphire
  • Global 100+
  • 181 posts
  • Dx:PCOS
  • My Clinic:RFP

Posted 07 January 2016 - 02:01 PM

Good morning ladies!

It looks like I'll be joining you here. I was supposed to do a fresh cycle this month but that didn't work out so I'm going to transfer my one and only snow baby th_acold.gif

this will be my 5th cycle. two fresh two frozen and a third frozen cycle that was cancelled.

Hello and welcome, Seems like forever! I'm sorry you didn't get to do a fresh transfer, but high hopes for this transfer! :D

I just wanted to pop in and say hi, I've been a bit MIA with the holidays and also nothing is really happening. I started my Suprefact on December 30th and Jody and Reena I really GET what you are saying. The other day my husband found me crying at my desk and he goes "What's wrong?!" and I sobbed, "I can't - get - my glasses cleaaaan!" Hahah.

He's just, "Okay. That's okay. Here, why don't you give them to me and I'll clean them..." I guess you have to just laugh about it all because what else can you do? All we can do is hang in there. <3 I hope you're all doing really well, and those of you getting close to your transfers, I'm excited for you! Happy 2016!

Me: 33 Husband: 43

TTC since November 2011

8 cycles of Clomid, one Femara

3 IUIs (also Clomid)

IVF #1 - November 2015

60 follicles, 19 eggs retrieved/14 mature/11 fertilized

Freeze all to avoid OHSS

FET #1 Jan/Feb 2016 - thawed 6, transferred 1 day 5 blast, 3 day 6-7 blasts frozen - BFN

FET #2 July 2016 - thawed last 5, transferred two early day 5 blasts, 2 day 6 blasts frozen - BFP

19/08/16 - u/s with heartbeat! :D

My IF blog: Cake It So

#55 MGC

MGC
  • Global 100+
  • 431 posts
  • Dx:Tubal
  • My Clinic:Conceptia

Posted 08 January 2016 - 01:08 PM

Hello Ladies! 

I am jumping into the thread a little later than usual but it's never too late to join a forum that is certainly a great line of support.

Here is a little about me...

We are currently going for our second FET after a successful FET turned miscarriage in August. I had to undergo some additional testing which lead to another lengthy wait - almost 3 months of torture trying to wonder why the continuous miscarriages. Once the results were posted, we were told that we would only be able to get the followup / results in February. After the crushing news, the stars aligned and we got a cancellation call and I had my consult near the end of November. I just finished up my BCP, started Superfact and had my ultrasound and blood work done yesterday. Everything looked great. Started Estrace (how lovely!) and our FET is planned for January 26th. 

That's me in a nutshell. I look forward to following you girls along and hearing about your adventure. I'm going to try and go through the thread and catch up on everything.

Take care!

• ButterflyBaby likes this

TTC since 2011
Dec 2011 - M/C
Aug 2012 - Ectopic pregnancy ~ 10w, laparoscopic sx, left tube removed
May 2013 - Ectopic pregnancy ~ 8w, laparotomy sx, right tube removed

IVF #1 - April 2015 - 1st cycle, 5dt blastocyst 3AA 29Apr15 - BFN

FET #1 - August 2015 - Transferred one perfect 4AA 6day Blastocyst - BFP, miscarried Aug 26th

Hysteroscopy - Sept 2015 - NSF. Additional B/W requested (8-12wk wait for results - UGH!)
Results complete. Consultation complete - Lovenox introduced into new protocol.

FET #2 - Jan 2016 - 4AA 6day Blastocyst - BFN

FET #3 - May 2016 - Transferred 4BB and 3BA embies. - BFN

FET #4 - December 15th, 2016 - last frostie (4AA 5d blastocyst) - BFP

December 31st, 2016 - Miscarriage 

IVF #2 - May 2017, Antagonist Protocol

BCP started May 20th / Estimated CD1 ~ June 22nd / Retrieval July 4th

#56 ButterflyBaby

ButterflyBaby
  • Global 100+
  • 215 posts
  • My Clinic:Olive

Posted 08 January 2016 - 05:54 PM

Welcome MGC!!  You are not late to the party!  I am on Synarel and estrace right now and find out transfer plan on Jan 14th.  I just increased the estrace the other day to twice a day and now I am not liking it so much!  The things we do to have a baby!! 

Glad you are joining us!

Mar 2015 - IUI #1 th_abfn.gif

Apr 2015 - IUI #2 th_abfn.gif

May 2015 - IUI #3 th_abfp.gif - turned out to be chemical cry.gif

Aug 2015 - IUI #4 th_abfn.gif

Sep 2015 - IUI #5 th_abfn.gif

Oct 2015 - IVF #1 prep month

Nov 2015 IVF #1.1 - actual IVF stim cycle - Freeze all dt OHSS high risk  - 3 excellent embryos frozen

Jan 20 2016 FET #1 - 2 beautiful embryos transferred! th_abfp.gif  -miscarriage at 8w2d 8388.gif

June 1 2016 FET #2 -- 1 beautiful (and final) embryo transferred. . . 

June 13th 2016 Beta 1 -- 337!!  th_abfp.gif

June 20th 2016 Beta 2 --2743!!

Now viability scan on June 24th!!  Fingers crossed! All looked good!

US# 2 heart beat heart yay!!

US #3 -- no heartbeat -- waiting miscarriage 8388.gif

Oct FINALLY miscarriage and all pregnancy tissue passed cry.gif

Nov 26th -- Mini Stim IVF started as last resort before donor eggs or donor embryos... sadly only one embryo and was abnormal so discarded

2017 -- donor egg or donor embryo, traditional adoption or give up sad.png

Didn't give up but had a horrible experience with Donor Embryos and the clinic that I went through :(

Returned to my original clinic for Donor Egg and got a th_abfp.gif and stayed preggo.gif and had a babygirl.gif !!

​                          

#57 If at first

If at first
  • Global 100+
  • 373 posts
  • My Clinic:Mt Sinai

Posted 10 January 2016 - 10:00 AM

Hi ladies
Jumping in to join you this month. This will be my first cycle after the stars aligned for us with dd... Feeling all the old familiar IF feelings rushing back suddenly.
Looking forward to supporting everyone and cheering you all on.

MGC, we have been through some very similar and unfortunate experiences. Crossing all my fingers and toes for you this round. You got this mama.

Journey on 'about me' page

#58 Stargirl72

Stargirl72
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 January 2016 - 12:52 PM

Hello Ladies, 

Jumping in a little late and not really sure where I fit in. 

2 eggs transferred Jan. 4th so am in the two week wait and not really sure what to do with myself. 

I am using a vitrified egg donor as our first attempt with IVF was not successful and we are both in our forties.   

Trying to be hopeful and realistic. 

I am on Estrace 6mg twice a day and crinone gel twice a day. 

Positive thoughts to you all. 

Me: 43 and tubal issues, DH: 46

April 2015 - IVF - 2 - 3 day embryos transferred - bfn

Jan 4th, 2016 - Vitrified Egg Donor with DH sperm, 2 embryo transfer - 1: 5AA and 1: early blast 

Jan 14 - POAS positive

Jan 15 - HCG 616! 

Jan 17 - HCG 1647! 

Jan 19 - HCG 4451...

Feb 3 - 7 wk ultrasound

#59 jodycser

jodycser
  • Global 100+
  • 206 posts
  • Dx:Other
  • My Clinic:Regional Fertility Clinic

Posted 11 January 2016 - 08:27 PM

Had my second ultrasound today. Transfer is scheduled for the 18th...although my lining was only 6.5. My dr seemed confident about it, so here's hoping!
  • MGC and ButterflyBaby like this

ET Aug 2014 - 19 retreived, 6 made to 5 day blasts - sent to PGD Lab (freeze all)...4 blasts good to go!

November 2014 - 1st FET cycle...cancelled due to bad uterine lining

December 2014 - 2nd FET cycle....cancelled due to bad uterine lining

February 2015 - 3rd FET cycle...uterine lining got to 0.8mm...transferred 2 blasts...BFN

June 2015 - 4th FET cycle (only 1 blast left to transfer...one didn't make it through thaw).....we'll see...nope BFN

Oct 2015 - 31 retrieved, 8 made to 5 day blasts - sent to PGD Lab (freeze all)....6 blasts good to go!

Jan 2016 - 5th FET cycle...lining got to 6.5mm, not great, but Dr seemed confident...transferred 2 blasts...just waiting...finished waiting

Beta #1 13dp5dt 1960 th_abfp.gif yahoo.gif

Beta #2 18dp5dt 14,950 th_aholysheep.gif

#60 ButterflyBaby

ButterflyBaby
  • Global 100+
  • 215 posts

Posted 11 January 2016 - 09:06 PM

Welcome Ifatfirst and Stargirl!

Judycser - AWESOME!  I am so excited for you!  I am eagerly waiting for the first US on Jan 14th.  No idea what is happening after but it will be day 15 of this cycle!

Nov 2015 IVF #1.1 - actual IVF stim cycle - Freeze all dt OHSS high risk  - 3 excellent embryos frozen

Jan 20 2016 FET #1 - 2 beautiful embryos transferred! th_abfp.gif  -miscarriage at 8w2d 8388.gif

Nov 26th -- Mini Stim IVF started as last resort before donor eggs or donor embryos... sadly only one embryo and was abnormal so discarded

Didn't give up but had a horrible experience with Donor Embryos and the clinic that I went through :(

Returned to my original clinic for Donor Egg and got a th_abfp.gif and stayed preggo.gif and had a babygirl.gif !!

​                          

#61 ButterflyBaby

ButterflyBaby
  • Global 100+
  • 215 posts

Posted 11 January 2016 - 09:35 PM

Since this group is getting bigger and busier I thought I would try and list us all :)  I hope it makes sense and I hope that I haven't missed anyone or mixed up where we are at LOL!  Please feel free to add or fix :)

Waiting

Butterflybaby - Dec 31, AF and start of full on prep :)

StarSapphire

Kits29

Andi-Dandi

Annababy

Lily84

Polish

Newone

Reena28

Seemslikeforever

Ifatfirst

Planned transfer

Jodycser - Jan 18

Pearljam1997 - Jan 18

AngelRays - Jan 18

MCC - Jan 26th

Melissa182 - Jan 29

PUPO (pregnant until proven otherwise after transfer, aka 2WW!)

Stargirl72

1st Beta

2nd Beta

In our thoughts

• If at first likes this

​                          

#62 pearljam1997

pearljam1997
  • 1000+
  • 1532 posts
  • My Clinic:Heartland/ Now VFC!!

Posted 11 January 2016 - 10:51 PM

Had my lining check today, 7.3mm and triple stripe. They pushed transfer back to the 19th which is fine and changed my evening estrace to both orally and vaginally, yay lol. Thursday I start all the other meds and pio shots. Hope this all comes together FINALLY!

And I'll be honest, that list scares me......the 2 times I've joined a buddy group I've always been at the bottom, mind you everytime except for last time I would have been at the bottom anyways had i joined ......I hope to not be there again. I hope none of us have to be there.

Good luck everyone!
  • MGC likes this
Me 35, DH 39, DS 1-18, DS 2-16, m/c July 1999 and Oct 2015, failed reversal. See about me page for history.

#63 PMM

PMM
  • 51 posts

Posted 12 January 2016 - 04:30 PM

Hey girls! I've been hesitant to join a group, since last time I felt I was connected to so many but had to step back due to our circumstances. We had a lining check last Thursday- lining was at 13 with no cysts- transfer scheduled for Friday the 15th. After reading through, sounds like I'm right on the same track as many.. So thought it'd be fun and encouraging to join in again!

This is our second FET. The first one was sept 1 (one AA transferred) but resulted in a blighted ovum miscarriaging oct 9. This time we are transferring 2! Blessed to say we had10 embryos left (8 after this transfer)
  • pearljam1997 and MGC like this

#64 Polish

Polish
  • Global 100+
  • 126 posts

Posted 12 January 2016 - 05:28 PM

Hello Ladies,

So this morning I had my transfer, my husband and I are both anxiously waiting our two week wait. The doctor had some difficulty as I didn't drink enough wAter prior to the procedure but they were able to do. I have some cramps, I slept all afternoon. So I would like to say that am PUPO.
  • pearljam1997, MGC and ltvixen like this

#65 ButterflyBaby

ButterflyBaby
  • Global 100+
  • 215 posts

Posted 12 January 2016 - 05:36 PM

PMM. Welcome! That is nice you have lots of frosties! Good luck on your transfer this Friday!

Polish - Congrats on being PUPO!

​                          

#66 Seems like forever

Seems like forever
  • Global 100+
  • 807 posts

Posted 13 January 2016 - 06:14 PM

Congratulations polish on being pupo 😊

#67 tmcdou

tmcdou
  • 49 posts
  • My Clinic:MUHC Montreal

Posted 14 January 2016 - 01:50 PM

Hi Ladies,  I'm with you! AF just showed up and we will be doing our first US tomorrow morning. If all is clear, (and I have zero doubt it will be) then we start our drugs ASAP.

I'm really looking forward to it. We did our first IVF cycle in October / November, and it ended in BFN. My Dr has high hopes for this cycle. for those of you that have done it, how are FET cycles? I took a second contract job teaching this semester and it means working more hours than normal, but i LOVE teaching, and it does mean a bit more travelling than I'm used too, but I think keeping me busy will be a positive for our family. (I tend to focus too much and get stressed out)

Thinking of all your lovely ladies. 

#68 Seems like forever

Seems like forever
  • Global 100+
  • 807 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 05:24 PM

Welcome tmcdou.

A fet is super easy. You start estrogen on day three take it for about two weeks at that point you get a us for a lining check. If all looks good you'll start progesterone and take it for however many days old you embaby is. Your doc will schedule you for a transfer. You'll go to the clinic full of pee get up on the table they'll set you up almost like a pap burl they'll use an us on your tummy to watch everything they'll do the transfer you'll go rest for 15-30 then you leave. You continue taking progesterone until you've had your beta.

Good luck to you.

#69 ButterflyBaby

ButterflyBaby
  • Global 100+
  • 215 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 07:07 PM

Seemslikeforever, thanks for the info re: actual FET. It is timely as has my lining check today and lining was 9!! I start progesterone tomorrow, stop Synarel and have transfer Wed!! Excited and nervous at same time!! It's getting real now!!
  • Seems like forever likes this

​                          

#70 lily84

lily84
  • Global 100+
  • 136 posts
  • Dx:Vasectomy
  • My Clinic:Heartland/ Now VFC

Posted 14 January 2016 - 08:56 PM

Congrats and best of luck to those that have already transfered!

Afm- had my lining check today and I'm at 6 mm with a triple stripe. My transfer is rescheduled for the 22nd to give my lining a bit more chance to fluff up.
Me: PCOS DH: failed reversal
Oct '15 - PESA successful!
Nov '15 - Freeze all IVF w/ ICSI due to high OHSS risk = 4 embryos on ice.
Jan 22, '16 - FET 1 beautiful blast BFP on HPT at 7dp5dt!!! - Beta 682 at 12dp5dt!
7w3d U/S showed baby right on target with a HB of 150.
21w1d U/S showed lively yet stubborn baby with a HB 139. Team Green!
Edd - Oct 9th
Baby girl born Oct 17th! 6lbs14oz

#71 Jvhoff

Jvhoff
  • 38 posts
  • Dx:Endometriosis

Posted 14 January 2016 - 10:52 PM

Hey everyone! I just started this cycle of my FET on Jan 11. I did my IVF cycle in October and ended up with 5 good embryos. One was transferred but didn't work. The other 4 were frozen. I had to take November off for a break on my body and then December they close down cycles end of November for starting so I had to wait until this cycle. They are giving me the option of assisted hatching vs regular transfer. Anyone else have any experience with this? My reading has shown no increase in pregnancy success but the clinic recommends it. I unfortunately have had really bad luck with our clinic here. I work with them for other aspects at my job and know they do good work but they have constantly messed up cycles for me and forgotten to tell me I need follow up appointments or given me medicines I am allergic to. They are all so nice but I feel like I have been not very well supported so I'm nervous about this upcoming month. What is everyone doing for meds? I am on Estrace, Aspirin, Folic Acid, Vit D for this week. Good luck to everyone!

#72 Stargirl72

Stargirl72
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 January 2016 - 12:09 PM

Good morning Ladies, 

I am super excited and cautiously optimistic for my second HCG

14 Jan 2015 - positive pregnancy test x 3 (different brands - have been faint positive since 5 days post transfer), yes I am a nut!

15 Jan 2016 - first beta 616 - 11 days pt 5dt  

Jvhoff - have done the assisted hatching with both my own eggs and vitrified donor eggs, my perspective was anything that would assist the process of implantation. There is of course the small risk that the egg is damaged but I had several mishaps throughout my donor process and had the senior embryologist working on my eggs. My last ET was a 5AA and it was text book hatching picture and an early embryo. 

I am cautiously optimistic but it is hard not to feel that you move from one wait to the next. 

2ww, HCG series, ultrasound looking for heart beat, genetic testing, etc. etc. 

Do you ever relax in the process? 

What are people's thoughts on genetic testing and what do you recommend? 

Positive thoughts to you all. 

• lily84 and ButterflyBaby like this

Me: 43 and tubal issues, DH: 46

April 2015 - IVF - 2 - 3 day embryos transferred - bfn

Jan 4th, 2016 - Vitrified Egg Donor with DH sperm, 2 embryo transfer - 1: 5AA and 1: early blast 

Jan 14 - POAS positive

Jan 15 - HCG 616! 

Jan 17 - HCG 1647! 

Jan 19 - HCG 4451...

Feb 3 - 7 wk ultrasound

#73 ButterflyBaby

ButterflyBaby
  • Global 100+
  • 215 posts

Posted 15 January 2016 - 12:26 PM

Stargirl72 CONGRATS!!

​                          

#74 Seems like forever

Seems like forever
  • Global 100+
  • 807 posts

Posted 15 January 2016 - 04:07 PM

congrats Stargirl72!

Jvhoff I'm on the same meds as you plus my thyroid and bp meds oh and of course omega 3 I hate those horse pill LOL

I haven't had to do AH yet but I might this time I won't know until transfer day. I go for my lining check on Sunday.

#75 PMM

PMM
  • 51 posts

Posted 15 January 2016 - 05:30 PM

We had our transfer! The doctor said everything looked perfect on paper.. They were both starting to hatch, so we are spending a lot of time in prayer.. And I plan to rest all weekend. Hope everyone else is doing well. Good luck to the group who goes on Monday!

Anyone else starting lovenex?
  • lily84 and ButterflyBaby like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: fet, Ivf, 35+