16 replies to this topic

#1 Natiko

Natiko
  • 1000+
  • 1074 posts
  • Dx:N/A

Posted 17 January 2005 - 09:18 AM

Hey buddy,

Just wanted to say good luck for your u/s today. I can't wait to hear the results and for you to hurry and start taking your injections! :banana: Let me know how it all goes, ok? Just an update for me: I felt my ovaries lastnight, I was actually a tad uncomfortable for a bit but then it went away, soooo woo hooo! I start my daily b/w today, it has a question mark beside the u/s, so I don't know if I'll get one today or not. I'll keep you posted! :drinks:

Shawn

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 18 January 2005 - 01:06 PM

Hey Shawn! :wavey: looks like we have a new file...cycle buddies! cool.

The u/s went well yesterday...as far as I know I will be starting the injections today...the guy who did the u/s said I looked normal and everything looked good to go...so now I have left 2 messages at my clinic waiting to see what I do today...if I cut down on my sniffing, start injecting and start the antibiotics...it's 11 am now and I would be taking my second dose of Suprefact but I don't know if I should be because I haven't heard yet from the clinic....jeez. I wish they would let me know here....I am also reading they preferably like you to do your injections around 1 pm everyday...so I would like to know if I do that today on my lunch break while I am at home. I would rather do my first injection in the comfort of my own home rather than at my desk at work... :icon_question:

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 18 January 2005 - 01:08 PM

off topic....LOL :laugh:

A bear walks into a bar in Billings, Montana and sits down. He
bangs on the bar with his paw and demands a beer.
The bartender approaches and says, "We don't serve beer to
bears in bars in Billings."

The bear, becoming angry, demands again that he be served a beer.

The bartender tells him again, more forcefully, "We don't serve
beer to belligerent bears in bars in Billings."

The bear, very angry now, says, "If you don't serve me a beer,
I'm going to eat that lady sitting at the end of the bar."

The bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve beer to belligerent,
bully bears in bars in Billings"

The bear goes to the end of the bar, and, as promised, eats the
woman. He comes back to his seat and again demands a beer.

The bartender states, "Sorry, we don't serve beer to
belligerent, bully bears in bars in Billings who are on drugs"
The bear says, "I'm NOT on drugs."

{.........You're gonna love this.}........

The bartender says, "You are now ........

That was a barbitchyouate

hope you liked it as much as me....lol :rofl:

#4 Natiko

Natiko
  • 1000+
  • 1074 posts

Posted 18 January 2005 - 02:08 PM

I love it!!! :rofl: That is TOO cute. I'm really bad with telling jokes, I always forget the punchline :blush: .

Why are you taking antibiotics? Now thats a new one :icon_question: , hmmm. I was told to do my injections between 1-7, but because I have SO much stuff on the go with all the animals and their medications, I had to pick the same time that I gave my dog, Timber, his Phenobarb and KBR (for his epilepsy). I'd been doing that for over 2 years, so when it came time for his meds am and pm, I would remember to take my injections in the pm. I'm always too busy before that. So, up until lastnight, I was giving him his meds at 7pm, so I do my injections then. Although yesterday was a really bad day, we had to have him euthanized :tears: , so when it came time to do his meds at 7pm, I only did my injections but I felt like I was forgetting something. Then at 8pm I do my Synarel and because I was out of routine, I forgot that, I was a mess.

Now, thismorning :( :sigh: , I was taking my Metformin at the same time I'd do his am meds, of course I forgot my Met. Oh boy. All I could think of was getting his meds ready so I lost track of thought.

How often do you do your injections? Is it twice a day, too? I'd rather be at home, too, doing my injections. I know I am, but if I was working I'd hate to do it then. One of the nurses told me because you have better readings on your b/w if you do your injections around then. But, they gave me between times, I just picked the latest, hopefully that's not too late for them... now I'm wondering. :dontknow: I have to call them at noon anyhow to get my results, I think I'll ask if 7 is too late. Hope not. MY E2 level yesterday was 987, I have to be at 2000 before they do the e/r, so I'm almost there. I wanna be more excited but I miss my pup. :icon_cry:

Let me know how your first one goes, ok, I'm dying to know!

#5 Soralis

Soralis
  • 1000+
  • 1276 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:Foothills - Calgary

Posted 18 January 2005 - 02:32 PM

Hey babes that was a great joke... It took me a while but I finally 'got it'!! I am a little slow with jokes some times!! :)

Hey N... I am soooo sorry to hear about your dog, that must have been awful!

Hope everyone is doing well with their meds!!

Kellie
10.5 yrs TTC (since 1994)
3 years clomid (on and off)
1st IVF - Jul 04 - BFN
1st FET - Sept 04 - BFN
2nd FET - Dec 1/04 - BFP!! (TWINS - 2 boys born July 21/05 at 35weeks, 7lbs and 5lbs 5ozs)

Trying for another
3rd HSG - DONE - March 20 06
3rd FET - 3 day txfr May 5/06 & 5 day Transfer May 7/06 - BFN
No more frosties
2nd IVF - 3day Transfer Oct 9/06 (2 transferred, 6 frozen) -BFP!! (TWINS!!)
Nov 22/06 - Twin A doing well, Twin B passed away
(It's a Girl! - June 21/07, 2 days shy of 39 weeks - 7lbs 12 ozs)

After 13 years we are now very lucky to begin figuring out how to put Infertility behind us...

soralis.blogspot.com

#6 Natiko

Natiko
  • 1000+
  • 1074 posts

Posted 18 January 2005 - 05:45 PM

Thank you for the kind words, Kellie. I'll miss him a lot. How are YOU feeling Kellie?? Can you feel the baby move yet or is it too soon?

As for our meds... my ovaries HURT :ouch: . I talked to the nurse today and my E2 is 1798 now!! I'm responding well and get an u/s (along with daily b/w as usual) tomorrow, she said she figures my e/r will be on Sat or Sun, latest is Monday!! :banana:

Shawn

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 18 January 2005 - 06:17 PM

:o Holy poop Shawn! Sat or Sunday!? whoo hoo! Are ya ready "freddie" lol... that is awesome!

Well...first of all I am soooo sorry to hear of your pup...big huge hug for ya. :icon_cry:

The antibiotics are to rid any type of bacteria or infection that we may have unknowingly, so we take that twice a day (one pill) with food.

I gave myself my first injection today at work! The nurse told me to start as soon as we hung up and then at 1pm every day afterwards. They like 1 pm for the bloodwork...works best that way I guess, so I will be doing it at 1 pm...well, I am going to do it before I go back to work from lunch at home...so around 5 to 1... ^_^ and only 1 injection per day... I am cut down on my sniffing now to 3 times a day instead of 5... and Friday will be my first bloodwork and u/s in Calgary, then again on Monday and then we have to play it by ear after that.

Sounds like you are progressing along very nicely! I am soooo excited for you. You get to go in before me and tell me all about it! :drinks: I can't wait to hear how many follicles you have! How many do you have? Do you know yet? You should, right? ok...no more questions...

I will see if I can check back later tonite at home...our computer is acting weird because of our babysitter on Sat...she downloaded a tool bar and we can't get rid of it... :wall:

#8 Natiko

Natiko
  • 1000+
  • 1074 posts

Posted 18 January 2005 - 11:00 PM

Thank you for the big hug :D , I needed that :icon_wink: , my poor boy. I said to Pete tonight, "I'm going to go do Timber, back in a bit." Right when I said it, I realized what I had said and of course the tears came. It's going to be hard. :icon_cry: My son Jacob is taking it pretty hard, the dogs started howling earlier and he noticed right away that Timbers howl was missing, neither of us took that well at all. I guess day by day.

Anyways, you did it hu?! Good for you! :banana: You didn't even tell me how it felt, did it hurt you? It's getting harder to jab myself, so now I'm getting a little more aggressive with it cause I just want it over faster. :lol: And NO, I am SO not ready, nervous as all you-know-what! I can't wait, but I'm still nervous. :blink: I wonder how far you'll be behind me?

Antibiotics hu? Good idea. :pill: And you cut your sniffing down, I can't wait to stop that stuff! Let me tell you, I'm sure building up a nice 6-pack sneezing all the time after that stuff!!! :rofl:

As for my follies... my last u/s showed 3-9 on either side, I'll find out tomorrow how many I have now! That's so exciting, I can't wait! I guess then I'll have a better idea of my e/r, I want it to be on the weekend so hubby can look after me! :dance:

For your new toolbar, did you try that thing where you can go back and have your comp the way it was however many days ago (before she installed it), crap, I can't remember what that's called now! :wall: :dontknow: , duh. I'm sorry, I'm such a blank today. I do have to go and get stuff together for tomorrow tho, maybe I'll be better then! I hope :pray: .

Talk to you soon, have fun at 12:55 tomorrow :banana: :banana: , oh gotta go sniff! yay I remembered!!

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 19 January 2005 - 11:17 AM

Hello,
I am on my 3rd day of gonal F injections , but I don't feel anything no side affects nothing. I don't go for my bloodwork until Friday. What should I be feeling????

Just one more question I am on 150iu of Gonal F, does that seem normal. :dontknow:
:banana: :banana: :banana: babybananadance

Sarah

#10 Natiko

Natiko
  • 1000+
  • 1074 posts

Posted 19 January 2005 - 01:04 PM

Hi Sarah,

I started my injections of Gonal at 150IU on Thursday. I'm 3 days ahead of you? I guess it's been the last 2 days or so that I have started to feel my ovaries, today they're even more uncomfortable, but as is expected I guess :) . I get my b/w done everyday and it's rising fast, so don't worry about how much you're taking right now (Gonal) cause they will up or down your dose as per your estrogen level. You'd be surprised at how fast it works! Here, these are my levels at 150 IU everyday:
E2 (estrogen)
Thurs. 13th - 167
Fri, Sat, Sun skipped
Mon. 17th - 985
Tues. 18th - 1793
Wed. 19th - I'll find out at noon today.

See how fast they rise, although everyone is different. It was probably day 5 of the injections that I started feeling my ovaries, but just a little, not pain just a slight squeezing sensation. Now on day 7, I can definately feel them, lastnight it was bearable but quite uncomfortable. I've heard that this is nothing tho, right before and after the e/r is's supposed to be painful, so I've heard :dontknow: . As for any other side effects, I just get chronic headaches but that started with the Synarel nasal spray, they're not as bad now with the injections. Oh ya, and my boobs hurt!!! :thumbup: lol, I totally forgot about that one :bang: .

Let us know how it all goes, you're one of our cycle buddies now!! :drinks: Whoo hoo! Good luck Sarah! What do you think of the injections?? Do you go tummy or thigh? :ouch: Still hurts me :blush: .

Shawn

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 19 January 2005 - 02:02 PM

Another cycle buddy! WElcome Sarah! :banana:

I guess I forgot to mention that Shawn...no, it didn't hurt...just right afterwards that area was a bit tender...but that went away. So how come it is getting harder to jab yourself? Getting tired of it? I was amazed at how easily a needle goes through the skin...I was so afraid of it getting stuck or not going in on the first poke...silly huh? My headaches are getting tiresome, but it will all be over soon. I am trying to mentally physce myself up for the retrieval...picturing myself laying there...calm...no heart race...and saying...get in there and get those eggs! Cheer each time they get one....and try to relax and make it fun... :blink: I sound absolutely crazy now :wacko: lol. But I need to do this to make myself relax about it all... what is your plan?

anywhoo...I will check back later for replies! :wavey:

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 19 January 2005 - 03:11 PM

Thanks for the encourgement ladies :thumb: :thumbup: :thanks:

I don't mind the injections, I do it in the thigh. I will go for my first blood test friday at 900am, then I am to call my RE for further instructions, he goes day by day. Which day you normally go for egg retrievel. I know everyone is different.

:flowers: :flowers: :flowers:

Sarah

#13 Natiko

Natiko
  • 1000+
  • 1074 posts

Posted 19 January 2005 - 04:01 PM

Hey Kelly and Sarah,

So much for feeling better today, like you two; I am so tired, I want to do nothing but :zz: . I'll never get anything done, then :huh: :sigh: . I cannot get it together, I even forgot to take my Synarel today, I didn't remember until 10:45! That's almost 3 hours late :bang: !!

Anyhow, no u/s today, the Dr. said I should be fine until tomorrow and to stay at 150 IU of Gonal. That's a relief, I honestly didn't feel up to it to drive 40 minutes into the city again, no way. I'm getting a sore throat, too :icon_exclaim: , I don't want to get sick!!!!

Kelly, your injection didn't hurt, that's great! Ya, the area does get tender afterwards the more injections you do, all around my belly button is tender, hey but I'm not bruised!! :dance:

I'm not getting tired of injecting myself really... it's just getting harder to inflict pain on myself :pardon: , I don't know how to explain it :blush: . I had to laugh when you said that you were suprised how it goes in so smoothly and that it doesn't get stuck, it DOES if you do it slowly, it bounces right off! :oops: I guess that's why I'm somewhat more aggressive, like just GET IT IN AND OUT as FAST as I can!

And Kelly, you SO do NOT sound crazy about your e/r! Don't be silly!! :icon_exclaim: The more I think about it the more I have to psych myself up, too... although I don't think I'll cheer everytime they get an eggie :icon_wink: , haha. Ha, knowing me I'll probably cry :icon_cry: I'm such a softie.

Hey Sarah, I forgot where you said you were going for your IVF. When do you start your u/s's? As for the DAY of the e/r, everyone is different. For me, because I have PCOS, they want to grow my follies slower because that makes for better eggs. If they do it too fast, my eggs won't be mature enough. The longer that I'm on the Gonal with PCOS, the better, they say. So as far as my e/r, I could go in at day 13. But as you know, everyone is different, one can actually go in at day 4!! :o Amazing hu? And as late as day 16, too. It all depends on the u/s results, I guess, man, now I wish I had mine today, I want to know! What's one more day?

There has been a helicopter flying around our fields all morning :dontknow: , hmmm, maybe they're checking to see if the dyke is holding up! AHHH :blink: ! I'm living on Noah's Ark right now, it's so flooded out here. Stupid farmers, who sets up a community BELOW sea level?! :bang: Have either of you watched the news and seen the lower mainland's flooding? Scary stuff.

OK, off to find something for dinner. Take care both of you and we'll talk to you soon! :flowers:

Shawn

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 19 January 2005 - 04:58 PM

Yes I have seen and heard about the mud slide and flooding! Holy cow...how close are you to it all? :o

I can imagine how the area will get tender after days of injecting...maybe will have to try the thigh a time or two. :icon_wink:

I will probably :icon_cry: too during the retrieval...hopefully not from pain..just from the emotion of it all... :cry:

The u/s tech said my ovaries didn't look pco...so we shall see how they do in the days to come! I hope they aren't and that is one less thing to worry about. Except for the small fibroid on my uterus...but I was told that is nothing to worry about.

:drinks: later girls!!

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 653 posts

Posted 20 January 2005 - 10:27 AM

Good luck ladies coming up to retrieval...

Shawn sorry to hear about your pup, I had two dogs and both of them are gone now... it is so hard when they are gone.

How many dogs do you have?

Nat

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 20 January 2005 - 12:11 PM

Well we are off to Calgary for the night tonite so we are there bright and early at 8 am tomorrow morning for my u/s and bloodwork...I will post later on tomorrow what the results were... :dance:

#17 Natiko

Natiko
  • 1000+
  • 1074 posts

Posted 20 January 2005 - 01:19 PM

KELLY!!
Have a nice trip, good luck with it all, I can't wait to hear what happens!!!!! :banana: As for how close, I'm about 45 minutes away from it, but we are on the flat and below sea level so all of us around here are pretty worried about flooding. We've been lucky so far as most of the farms around here are under water now :blink: .

NAT,
Thank you very much for caring :wub: . I have 4 more dogs here at home but two of them are up for adoption, knowing me I will probably end up keeping them seeing as I keep all the rest of them usually! (4 more at the ex's house). They are so much like my kids except they have fur and four legs :icon_wink: . What kinds of dogs did you have? I'm sorry they're gone, it's pretty tough but all worth the love they give, isn't it?
Thanks for the "good luck" for the e/r, getting pretty nervous!! :blink:

Shawn