• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

#51 JanisG

JanisG
  • 52 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor
  • My Clinic:Conceptia

Posted 30 July 2008 - 11:00 AM

Yes, I buy all my meds at Costco too, they seem to be the cheapest that I have found. I was covered for $1500 of drugs for the fresh IVF cycle but that was a once in a lifetime thing....no more $ after that from insurance. Needless to say that was used up pretty quickly after buying a couple of Gonal-F pens! So...FET will be completely out of pocket. I might be able to get special authorization from Blue Cross for more Suprefact but I'm not sure. Maybe the Conceptia ladies should schedule a bikini carwash to raise funds?!? :P Bah ha ha!!!!
Me 36 DH 47
Me no kids, DH 2 kids (DD and DS)
Sept '06 - Vasectomy reversal
TTC since reversal but no luck!
June '08 - IVF with ICSI - BFN
Oct '08 - FET - BFN
What now?!?

#52 do re mi

do re mi
  • 202 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 07:58 AM

JanisG,
Ha ha!!! Yeah...we should think of some way to raise $$$! :) Good luck with the suprefact...let me know what Blue Cross says.
Just to let you in on an interesting fact....so far, we are 4 IVF women at Conceptia who all drive VW's! We all met via this website and discovered that we all drive a Volkswagon! We're trying to see if there's a link! ha!
It sounds as if we have a similar Blue Cross plan. My plan covers 1500$ per calendar year twice in a lifetime. So, I timed my cycles pretty darn well. My first cycle was in Dec/Jan, so I paid for my Gonal pens in 2007 so that I would have another 1500$ to put towards another Cycle if needed in 08. I'm glad I planned it that way! Cause here I am....going for round 2! So, technically, I have 1500$ left for my next Gonal pens. I used 2 the last time...hopefully that's all I'll need this time around.
I'm getting ready to call Costco to price out the Gonal. I just left the clinic this morning....Baseline visit. Everything looks ok. I have fewer follicles this time around though....7 on each side. As long as they can fertilize the eggs...that's all I want!!
Have a great day ladies!
Doremi
[color="#0000FF"][size=1]Me 32, DH 38
TTC: 6 years
Male Factor IF
1st IVF/ICSI Jan 08 - BFN
March 2008 - FET - M/C at 6 weeks
2nd IVF/ICSI - Summer 2008 - BFP!!
DS born May 2nd 2009
August 2010 - FET - BFN
3rd and final IVF/ICSI - Jan/Feb 2011

#53 JanisG

JanisG
  • 52 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 10:07 AM

Darn, I drive a Honda...

I think I paid $871 for one 900unit Gonal-F pen at Costco. I should double check with Blue Cross about the 1500 limit...I just assumed it was once in a lifetime but maybe it is once in a calendar year. You've got me thinking now...

Follicle count doesn't sound too bad. If they all produce eggs then you're laughing! What is the date of your retrieval?
Me 36 DH 47
Oct '08 - FET - BFN
What now?!?

#54 do re mi

do re mi
  • 202 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 10:23 AM

Yes, check your Blue Cross for sure!! If it helps you out, I've got the Basic Plus policy I think. I'm not with a group or with a company plan. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!
My estimated Retrieval is Aug.13th and Transfer is Aug.16th. We've opted for Assisted Hatching. If you don't mind telling me...did you do this? I know they didn't offer this procedure when I went in Jan and April. DH and I discussed it and decided to go ahead with it.
doremi :)
Male Factor IF
DS born May 2nd 2009
August 2010 - FET - BFN

#55 JanisG

JanisG
  • 52 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 10:27 AM

Yes, check your Blue Cross for sure!! If it helps you out, I've got the Basic Plus policy I think. I'm not with a group or with a company plan. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!
My estimated Retrieval is Aug.13th and Transfer is Aug.16th. We've opted for Assisted Hatching. If you don't mind telling me...did you do this? I know they didn't offer this procedure when I went in Jan and April. DH and I discussed it and decided to go ahead with it.

No, we didn't do assisted hatching...it wasn't suggested or even brought up. I wonder if it would be mentioned if we end up doing another fresh cycle. Not sure.
The 13th will be here before you know it! Last day of July today....is it wrong to be excited about this?!?
Me 36 DH 47
Oct '08 - FET - BFN
What now?!?

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 02 August 2008 - 11:31 AM

:rolleyes: apparently they just started doing the assisted hatching at conceptia in May I think...that's what Lise said anyways.
And we too are going for the assisted hatching! Anything that helps things along!!
Ofcourse...it's an x-tra $500...not sure if that's per embie...or just the rate to do the procedure at all.

#57 do re mi

do re mi
  • 202 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 07:49 AM

Hi Girls!

Sorry, I've had a crazy week and haven't checked the site since last Friday. Patience, thanks for the info...and yes, it's only 500$ no matter how many embryos.

Well, I'm at day 6 in my cycle. Went for another U/S this morning and the follies are growing well. Dr's say I'm responding well to the stims just like last time so I'm happy about that! I'm still scheduled for next Wednesday for my ER. Time is sure flying by! I'm getting sick and tired of the Luveris shots though...they're the worst! Oh, well, it's all for a good cause! :)
How are things going with you?
Doremi
Male Factor IF
DS born May 2nd 2009
August 2010 - FET - BFN

#58 JanisG

JanisG
  • 52 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 07:24 PM

Yes, what is it about that darn Luveris that makes it so annoying!? If only the injections were all as easy as the Gonal-F pens with the little itty bitty needles...
I am anxiously awaiting for the arrival of AF next week so I can call the clinic and get this party started! Bring it on!!
Me 36 DH 47
Oct '08 - FET - BFN
What now?!?

#59 do re mi

do re mi
  • 202 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 08:32 PM

Hi JanisG,

Got "so so" news today. I'm overstimulating. My E2 levels were too high today, so they're bringing my Gonal dose down. Last time my cycle was perfect....I'm just hoping they get it under control again and my follicles don't go into overdrive!! My ovaries are working double time tonight and my stomach is realy bloated (fun, fun!)
Did this happen to you with your first cycle? I'm looking for comparison stories. Hope your AF arrives soon!!..you must be excited to start this process again!
G'night!
doremi
Male Factor IF
DS born May 2nd 2009
August 2010 - FET - BFN

#60 JanisG

JanisG
  • 52 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 12:08 PM

I stayed on the same dose of Gonal-F the whole time and I ended up having to delay a couple of days in the end just to give my follicles a few more days to grow. I certainly felt bloated by the time I got to the retrieval so I can't imagine how you must feel! Look on the bright side...you're saving money because you won't need extra Gonal-F like I did. I had to buy another pen and I didn't even need that much out of it. Do you still have the same follicle count?
Me 36 DH 47
Oct '08 - FET - BFN
What now?!?

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 09:54 AM

do re mi...Did you have your ET yesturday?? How did it go?? Get lots of fabulous embies??!
Well...I had my FET on Monday...we had 5 frosties in total...3 made the thaw,
The assisted hatching went well and all 3 were transfered.
So...now the dreaded 2ww!

#62 do re mi

do re mi
  • 202 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 01:24 PM

Hi Patience!!
I'm thrilled to hear that your FET went well! 3 embryos with assisted hatching...you brave woman!! :) I would've done the same thing!
My ER was bumped up one day so yes, it was yesterday. Dr. Rob found 18 eggs!! They called this morning to tell me that 16 eggs were mature and that 11 had fertilized normally. 4 didn't survive and 1 could still go either way. I'm ecstatic! Now, I wait for tomorrow's call to see how many are growing (cells/fragmentation).
I hate to know the fragmentation %...it just makes me nervous.

The ER went well, although I had more pain this time around than last time. I was more alert and aware during the whole procedure (which I prefered) so I endured the pain vs. being too drugged and asleep. I'm taking tylenol every 4 hours to numb the pain.

Are you taking time off from work during your 2ww? I took 2 weeks off starting yesterday. I'm such a busy body that I find it extremely hard to sit still and relax though. Friday is my ET so I'll be taking to the couch for a few days with a few good books and movies....especially if this rain keeps up!!
How are you spending your 2ww?

JanisG, how are you feeling?

Doremi :)
Male Factor IF
DS born May 2nd 2009
August 2010 - FET - BFN

#63 JanisG

JanisG
  • 52 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 08:26 AM

I am so excited for you guys!! Sounds like everything is going really well for you both.

Patience - Good to see you had 3 to survive the thaw and transfer, that's awesome. I am a little worried when it comes time to thaw ours because we only have 3 frozen to start with.

Doremi - Excellent numbers for your retrieval, you will have lots left over to freeze by the sounds of it (not that you'll need them). These ones will do the trick! Good luck today for the transfer. Let us know how it goes.

Good luck to you guys both during the next 2 weeks...don't go too crazy...take it easy and enjoy the last 2 weeks of summer!
Me 36 DH 47
Oct '08 - FET - BFN
What now?!?

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 11:19 AM

:D Do Re Mi...well..today is your big day to put your little embies back where they belong!
Hope that you have a relaxing w/e...and get waited on hand and foot!
For my IVF in March I also took the 2ww off...
This time I only took 5 days...So..I go back into work tomorrow. Although...I could use the distraction right now!I work shift work...so just Sat...and next Sun night. I took off some shifts for summer vacation...the weather sucks for it..but..it works better for this fertility stuff...this way I don't have to explain my long absence.
These 2ww drive me nuts! And I can't even drown my sorrows in a good glass(right now I'd like the whole bottle)
of wine!
Praying those embies latch on for you!
Best of luck!!!

#65 do re mi

do re mi
  • 202 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 02:16 PM

Hello fellow Conceptia Queens! Bonne fete des Acadiens! (don't know if any of you are Acadian, but I am!). I tell myself it's a sign!! ha ha! If this works, they'll have been implanted on the 15 aout!

Well, I'm back from the clinic with 2 beautiful embryos in the oven! 1 is 8 cells and the other is 7 cells. They're both only 5% fragmentation!! I have a feeling this is going to be the time for us! I could really go with a Spring baby (or 2)!
Dr. Bing did Assisted Hatching and then told us that he'll be freezing the remaining 5 embryos. All of which are between 5 to 7 cells (5-20% fragmentation). I'm just relieved they made it this far!!

So, my 2ww has officially started!! I rented 6 movies last night! I went for my last walk downtown to walk the streets before I have to settle on the couch for 3 days. I'll let you know if any of the movies are worth renting.
Patience, when is your Beta test? Did you POAS the last time?
Have a great day everyone! The sun is FINALLY shining!!
Male Factor IF
DS born May 2nd 2009
August 2010 - FET - BFN

#66 Sara33

Sara33
  • Cyclebase
  • 705 posts
  • Dx:Other

Posted 15 August 2008 - 04:20 PM

do re mi-Congrats on a great transfer! I feel this is it for you & DH. Now the dreaded 2WW. I hope it goes fast for you. Good luck!

Sara

#67 do re mi

do re mi
  • 202 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 10:42 AM

Thanks Sara!
I'm dying to get out of this house!!! Tonight I may get DH to bring me out for a drive :) (my excitement for the day!!)

Have a good Saturday everyone!
Male Factor IF
DS born May 2nd 2009
August 2010 - FET - BFN

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 17 August 2008 - 09:56 PM

DO Re Mi..Congrats on a great transfer!!!
My beta is for Mon,Aug.25!!
As of tomorrow I will have 1 week down...with 1 VERY long week to go!! <_<
I did POAS last time......2 days before my beta. CAuse I just couldn't wait..
Not that it helped any...cause it was BFN...still I hoped that I had a "bad" stick!
So far...no symptoms for me...which has me worried..OFCOURSE...cause worry is all I seem to do!
Mostly I'm worried cause my boobs don't hurt at all!
And that was always my #1 sign that I was!
So...I will continue "feel myself up" daily. Could this IF make us anymore NUTS!!
Good luck with your 2ww...I'll be talking to ya,I'm sure!

#69 JanisG

JanisG
  • 52 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 09:46 AM

Doremi, those are great numbers...I think these embies are the ones!! I have all fingers and toes crossed for both of you gals...very exciting!
One more week, patience....hold on!
:)
Me 36 DH 47
Oct '08 - FET - BFN
What now?!?

#70 sketches

sketches
  • 137 posts
  • Dx:N/A

Posted 19 August 2008 - 09:29 AM

Do Re Mi and Patience,
I am praying for both of you. We have our ICSI procedure scheduled for late September and I'm finding the wait almost impossible to handle. I'm trying to be mature about it, but all I want to do is curl up and sleep until the day we can get started! Hopefully I'm not alone in feeling these crazy feelings!

Keep us posted - and good wishes to all!
Me-36, DH-47
The Facts: TTC 5 years, 3 IUIs, 4 IVFs, 1 FET, 2 DE cycles in Argentina ... and success on the final try. Gideon and Grant were born on November 10, 2011.

#71 do re mi

do re mi
  • 202 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 08:05 PM

Welcome Sketches!
I understand you completely...when you know you're going ahead with the procedure, you just want it to start. But you'll see that time will fly by! (Get ready, because this wait is NOTHING compared to the dreadful 2WW!

Hi Patience! Only a few more sleeps for you (less than a week!!) Don't worry too much about the symptoms...our body's are screaming "What the heck are you doing to me" with all the hormones we've taken and are still taking, that we have no clue what "symptoms" we're getting. For my FET, I stopped having sore breasts...and I was pregnant! It's soooooo hard to tell.

Hi JanisG! What's going on with you lately?

Well, my mother decided to steal me away for a girls only trip to Halifax for a few days. We've been eating, shopping and sleeping!! (oh, and a little bit of gambling too!!...I won 125$ tonight! This is the best way to make the 2ww go by faster!!
I still have sore breasts and i'm HUGELY bloated!.

Keep us updated!
Male Factor IF
DS born May 2nd 2009
August 2010 - FET - BFN

#72 JanisG

JanisG
  • 52 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 11:53 AM

Hi gals,
Well, I have finally been talking to the clinic and I am officially started but gosh, it still seems like a long wait. I have started BCP and I start Suprefact around the middle of September and then transfer somewhere around the end of September.

Sketches, we might bump into each other in the waiting room one morning in September! Oh, and if you're crazy then I must be too. Just waiting to get things moving is driving me nuts!! What kind of dog do you have? I am just wondering if you are the girl that I had a chat with in June/July about our dogs while we were waiting...

Patience, only a few more days! One little weekend to get through. Fingers and toes crossed for you. :crsd:

Doremi....so happy that you are finding lots of good distractions during your wait. $125 - BONUS!!

Have a great weekend gals!

Janis
Me 36 DH 47
Oct '08 - FET - BFN
What now?!?

#73 sketches

sketches
  • 137 posts
  • Dx:N/A

Posted 22 August 2008 - 12:26 PM

[Sketches, we might bump into each other in the waiting room one morning in September! Oh, and if you're crazy then I must be too. Just waiting to get things moving is driving me nuts!! What kind of dog do you have? I am just wondering if you are the girl that I had a chat with in June/July about our dogs while we were waiting...

Hey Janis - I imagine we will bump into each other. When I look at my schedule it appears I will be LIVING at Conceptia through the month of Sept. My first visit is on the 12th, then the 17th, 19th thru to 23rd, then ER on Sept 25. Not sure it was me you met before, but I do have a lovely Jack Russell doggie :). Do say hello if you are there some morning - i have brown hair down below my ears, brown eyes and I always wear sunglasses perched on the top of my head!
Me-36, DH-47
The Facts: TTC 5 years, 3 IUIs, 4 IVFs, 1 FET, 2 DE cycles in Argentina ... and success on the final try. Gideon and Grant were born on November 10, 2011.

#74 do re mi

do re mi
  • 202 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 07:58 PM

Janis G!! Glad to hear you've starting cycling again! Congratulations! September will be a busy month for you both!

Sketches...sounds like we could be twins!! ha ha! I've got the same hair color and lenght, I have brown eyes and always have sunglasses on my head too! .... you don't drive a VW by any chance?!! lol....we actually discovered that quite a few ivf women at Conceptia drive VW's!

Patience: I'm praying this is our time! Are you having any symptoms? I just have sore breasts...too early to tell!

As for me...time is s-l-o-w-l-y ticking away! One week to go! I'll be going back to work on Monday (should make the days go by faster with work distractions).

Take care ladies,
doremi
Male Factor IF
DS born May 2nd 2009
August 2010 - FET - BFN

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 08:25 AM

B) Well..tomorrow is the big BETA day!!!
And I didn't even POAS this time! Quite impressed with my self restraint!
Still...no symptoms....RRRrrrrrrr.
Oh well...there really is nothing that can be done but wait for tomorrow!!!
Janis G...believe it or not...the month of BCP goes fairly fast.....and I was always the same way...
as long as I was doing SOMETHING about this baby making business...I felt like I was making some progress!
The FET protocol is soo very much easier than the IVF...only 1 needle a day! Now that's progress!
And no ER...you don't get all bloated either like you do with IVF cause they aren't super-sizing your ovaries!
I swear I gained like 8 lbs when we cycled in March....and I'm only 5'3''...so...it was noticable!
Anyways.........til tomorrow!