DO'S AND DONT'S DURING CYCLING - Page 9 - IVF/FET/IUI Cycle Buddies - IVF.ca Forums

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

DO'S AND DONT'S DURING CYCLING

• Please log in to reply
204 replies to this topic

#201 LifeUnpaged

LifeUnpaged
  • Global 100+
  • 139 posts
  • Dx:Genetic
  • My Clinic:Ottawa Fertility Centre

Posted 05 October 2016 - 07:32 AM

From my last period up to ET, I drank Pure Organic Raspeberry Leaf Tea (2cups/day-4c/day), to tone and cleanse the uterus, makes the lining stronger and richer with vitamins...helps with implanting I think. But you must stop because it is known to cause uterine contractions, and could cause miscarriages if you are pregnant.

You have to steep it for a long time, you want it strong.

I also had the pineapple...eating the core...it has to be fresh pineapple too.

Always told my self this will work, kept the positive thinking.

Followed the dr's instructions, and tried to stick as close to a schedule as possible.

Never dieted, but tried to eat healthy. Cut out alcohol, and limited coffee. No hot baths/hot tubs...didn't want to cook the eggs either...if it can happen to sperm I thought it could happen to the eggs too.

Joined this forum smile.gif

For the tea, should it be loose leaf or are bags ok? I am on day 4 of my current cycle and am planning to start stims the next. Is now a good time to start drinking the tea?

Undergoing IVF with PGD to prevent passing on Neurofibromatosis Type 1

Emoticons09780.gif

heart.gif Our Journey:heart.gif 

• ??/??/10 -  I am diagnosed with Neurofibromatosis Type 1, we discover I have a 50% chance of passing it on. Upon learning more about the   disorder we decide IVF with PGD would be our route to have kids in order to prevent passing it on. We consult with Dr. Haebe at  OFC to learn more, but aren't yet ready to start. We make a plan to save up.
  • 06/02/12 - Our Wedding Day!
  • 12/??/15 - Ontario announced funded IVF cycles, we can get the ball rolling!
  • 11/25/15 - Consultation @ OFC.
  • 01/08/16 - IVF and PGD Consent Signed for Ontario Funded Cycle. (We pay for the PGD)
  • 01/14/16 - Nurses received chart, put on wait list for funded IVF. 
  • 05/26/16 - Name came up on wait list, OHIP consents received! 
  • 09/21/16 - Genesis completed gene probe, ready for embies! Awaiting call from scheduling nurse.
  • 09/30/16 - Start BCP for 21 days, Booked to start Stims (Antagonist Protocol) on October 28th
  • 10/28/16 - Start Gonal F pen injections 150 iu
  • 11/07/16 - Egg retrieval, 34 eggs retrieved, 17 mature 
  • 11/08/16 - 12 eggs fertilized, letting them grow to day 5
  • 11/13/16 -  5 embryos biopsied and frozen - awaiting PGD testing results
  • 12/??/16 -  One embryo tested positive for Neurofobromatosis gene mutation. Genesis to re-biopsy to ensure probe is working
  • 01/12/17 -  Results for re-biopsy received, meeting with Dr. Haebe tomorrow to discuss.
  • 01/13/17 - Results are good, mock cycle is the next step before transferring one of our 4 healthy embabies!
  • 01/13/17 - All is well with the mick cycle, nurses called. Next step is to call with late March day 1 and then blood tests until I surge, then ultrasound. We are looking at transfer the week of April 10th.
  • 03/28/17 - Called in CD1 - final round of testing before transfer is about to begin!
  • 04/13/17 - SURGE! Transfer will be April 17 yahoo.gif 
  • 04/17/17 - Transferred day 5 blast, icon_stickyvibespink.gif  BETA will be May 1
  • 4/24/17 - 7dp5dt poas and got a faint positive!  Emoticons01015.gif th_abfp.gif
  • 05/01/17 - Beta results are in (925) we are officially pregnant! stork-baby.gif

#202 treasuretroll

treasuretroll
  • Global 100+
  • 136 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained

Posted 24 August 2017 - 07:37 PM

Hey I'm currently just 2dp5dt and I am in need of a hot drink.
I don't do coffee or tea and now that I am thankfully not drinking the raspberry leaf tea anymore I do miss a hot drink in the morning.
Is hot lemon water safe to drink?

#203 babyeden

babyeden
  • 28 posts
  • Dx:Tubal

Posted 17 December 2017 - 12:43 AM

Avoid cleaning cat litter 

Is it safe to change the cat's litter box when I'm pregnant?
bc-experts-jennifer-shu.jpg,qwidth=50,3B
Jennifer Shu
pediatrician

You can change the litter box safely while you're pregnant, but it's better to have someone else do this chore if possible. The concern here is toxoplasmosis, a parasitic infection that can be transmitted through cat poop (such as in kitty litter or outdoor soil where cats have defecated).

If you had toxoplasmosis in the past, you're generally considered immune, which can protect your unborn child from getting the infection. The Centers for Disease Control estimates that about 20 percent of people in the United States age 12 and older have had toxoplasmosis – often without even knowing it. Toxoplasmosis can cause flu-like symptoms in adults, but sometimes there aren't any signs of the illness.

But if you first get toxoplasmosis when you're pregnant, it's possible you could get sick and pass the illness on to your baby. And if a baby catches toxoplasmosis in the early stages of pregnancy, it can cause serious birth defects, such as eye and brain damage.

These possible effects sound scary, but before you resort to giving away your kitty, take comfort in knowing that indoor cats are very unlikely to carry toxoplasmosis. Also, if you've been around cats for a while, you may be immune. If you're worried that you may have the condition, ask your provider to check with a blood test.

If you've been infected during pregnancy, you can be treated with medication, but you and your baby will have to be closely monitored during pregnancy and after birth.

You can reduce your chances of getting the infection during pregnancy by taking these precautions:

• Have someone else change the kitty litter – you'll never have a better excuse!
  • If you have to change the litter yourself, do it once a day. It takes at least 24 hours for the litter to become infectious.
  • Wear gloves while changing the kitty litter or gardening.
  • Wash your hands thoroughly afterward.

By the way, cat feces isn't the only way to contract toxoplasmosis: Eating raw or undercooked meat, or fruits and vegetables that haven't been properly washed, peeled, or cooked also puts you at risk. Be extra careful to wash and cook food thoroughly.

#204 babyeden

babyeden
  • 28 posts

Posted 30 December 2017 - 10:26 PM

Does anyone know if it is ok to take Red Raspberry in capsule form instead of tea?

#205 Ellehat

Ellehat
  • 29 posts
  • My Clinic:OFC

Posted 13 November 2019 - 06:29 PM

1dp5dt and I am so nauseous from the endometrium progesterone suppositories. Does anyone know if other progesterone supplements have less side effects? Also what can I do to relieve the nausea? On top of the nausea I feel queasy and weak.