international donor - Canadian surrogate - Ask The Fertility Lawyer - Forums

Jump to content


international donor - Canadian surrogate

international egg donor surrogate

  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 sana0912

  • Just Hatched
  • 1 posts
  • Dx:N/A

Posted 22 October 2015 - 07:16 PM


I have my donor in a clinic in Ukraine. embryo (donated egg and my husband's sperm) will be transferred to our Canadian surrogate in Ukraine too. However, the baby delivery will be in Canada. I am wondering if we can get the birth certificate , etc under our name. I appreciate your thoughts on the Canadian surrogacy laws regarding this process.



#2 SherryLevitan

  • Advisor
  • 105 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Toronto
  • Dx:N/A

Posted 27 October 2015 - 02:58 PM

The laws of parentage  will be governed by the jurisdiction of the province in which the child is born. Typically, a court application is required for your parentage to be recognized, but the process varies from province to province.  If the baby is born in Canada, or if you and/or your husband are Canadian citizens, the child will be Canadian. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: international, egg donor, surrogate