Anyone signed their IVF consent after the funding was announced? - Page 5 - Ottawa Fertility Centre - IVF.ca Forums

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Anyone signed their IVF consent after the funding was announced?

• Please log in to reply
779 replies to this topic

#101 CeeCee

CeeCee
  • Global 100+
  • 190 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor
  • My Clinic:OFC

Posted 29 January 2016 - 08:54 AM

Hi Mar87 - going through testing took absolutely forever for us in 2012. It was agonizing. It seemed we wait had to wait at least 2 months between every appointment, and my husband's test results were lost on 2 separate occasions. I don't know what other people's experiences are like - but I'd say that it was for sure over 6 months from our 1st appt to get to IVF. And this was before funding! We also had to schedule a procedure for my husband with a urologist before my IVF too which probably contributed to the delay.

CBAVD diagnosis in January 2013

IVF May 2013 - Patch Protocol

[Me: 37 DH: 31]

May 7 - CD1 

Dosage: 250 iu Gonal-F + 75 iu Luveris (for 10 days)

May 20 - ER - 15 eggs, 7 fertilized

May 25 - Transfer of 2 perfect blasts, 2 good ones left over to freeze

June 1 - BFP on HPT!!! (7dp5dt) 

June 5 - Beta... BFN

FET August 2103 - Unmedicated

Aug 5 - CD1

Aug 22 - Transfer of a single 5 day blastocyst (the other did not survive the freeze/thaw)

Sept 5 - BFP!!! Beta at 999!

Sept 23 - 1st u/s at 7 weeks 2 days - One perfect little embryo, with a perfect little heartbeat!

Oct 10 -  2nd u/s at 9 weeks 5 days - All is well. Phew!

Oct 28 - NT screening u/s - Baby's growth is right on track and I counted little fingers!

DD born in May

IVF March 2016 - Patch Protocol

[Me: 40, Dh: 34]

March 7 - CD1

Dosage: 400 iu Gonal-F + 150 iu Luveris (for 10 days)

#102 LifeUnpaged

LifeUnpaged
  • Global 100+
  • 139 posts
  • Dx:Genetic
  • My Clinic:Ottawa Fertility Centre

Posted 29 January 2016 - 09:11 AM

Another call to my RE's office today. Since we are doing PGD Genesis Genetics has been in touch with me asking for my Genetic Report diagnosing my NF - I never had genetic testing done but was diagnosed from a dermatologist looking at me and doing a biopsy.

I called the dermatologist clinic and they can't get my information without the Dr's name - which I don't remember because it was an unusual name and is not listed on their site from what I can tell. I called my family Dr. thinking they could tell me who I was referred to but cant find reference to that referral at all. Now I am thinking I might have still been with the Algonquin College clinic and my files were never transferred - so now to call them to dig up information from 2010. Thank goodness there is time for this! 

My second blood test revealed my thyroid is too high so Dr. Haebe put me on thyroid medication for the next six weeks - then another blood test. I have been stressed out because I was afraid they wouldn't put us on the wait list until that was clear. His assistant cleared that up. The nurses got our chart on January 14 and she said we would have been added to the list. 

Ladies - in your experience how long after your chart had been received did they contact you?

And congrats to everyone's awesome news!

Undergoing IVF with PGD to prevent passing on Neurofibromatosis Type 1

Emoticons09780.gif

heart.gif Our Journey:heart.gif 

• ??/??/10 -  I am diagnosed with Neurofibromatosis Type 1, we discover I have a 50% chance of passing it on. Upon learning more about the   disorder we decide IVF with PGD would be our route to have kids in order to prevent passing it on. We consult with Dr. Haebe at  OFC to learn more, but aren't yet ready to start. We make a plan to save up.
  • 06/02/12 - Our Wedding Day!
  • 12/??/15 - Ontario announced funded IVF cycles, we can get the ball rolling!
  • 11/25/15 - Consultation @ OFC.
  • 01/08/16 - IVF and PGD Consent Signed for Ontario Funded Cycle. (We pay for the PGD)
  • 01/14/16 - Nurses received chart, put on wait list for funded IVF. 
  • 05/26/16 - Name came up on wait list, OHIP consents received! 
  • 09/21/16 - Genesis completed gene probe, ready for embies! Awaiting call from scheduling nurse.
  • 09/30/16 - Start BCP for 21 days, Booked to start Stims (Antagonist Protocol) on October 28th
  • 10/28/16 - Start Gonal F pen injections 150 iu
  • 11/07/16 - Egg retrieval, 34 eggs retrieved, 17 mature 
  • 11/08/16 - 12 eggs fertilized, letting them grow to day 5
  • 11/13/16 -  5 embryos biopsied and frozen - awaiting PGD testing results
  • 12/??/16 -  One embryo tested positive for Neurofobromatosis gene mutation. Genesis to re-biopsy to ensure probe is working
  • 01/12/17 -  Results for re-biopsy received, meeting with Dr. Haebe tomorrow to discuss.
  • 01/13/17 - Results are good, mock cycle is the next step before transferring one of our 4 healthy embabies!
  • 01/13/17 - All is well with the mick cycle, nurses called. Next step is to call with late March day 1 and then blood tests until I surge, then ultrasound. We are looking at transfer the week of April 10th.
  • 03/28/17 - Called in CD1 - final round of testing before transfer is about to begin!
  • 04/13/17 - SURGE! Transfer will be April 17 yahoo.gif 
  • 04/17/17 - Transferred day 5 blast, icon_stickyvibespink.gif  BETA will be May 1
  • 4/24/17 - 7dp5dt poas and got a faint positive!  Emoticons01015.gif th_abfp.gif
  • 05/01/17 - Beta results are in (925) we are officially pregnant! stork-baby.gif

#103 nero

nero
  • Global 100+
  • 308 posts
  • My Clinic:ottawa fertility centre

Posted 29 January 2016 - 09:30 AM

We started to see doctor in October 2015 then immediately started to the tests. In 1and half month we got the tests results and on 24th of November we signed the consent. But apparently my husband's one test was missing (which is the first blood test where they test for diseases, etc). So on 24th he also gave the blood. And after that our waiting started. I realized everybody who signed consent received a confirmation call but we never received it so at the end yesterday we learned that they put us on waiting list on 6th of January (so more than a month our file was not added on the list, I really did not get it, anyway!). 

LifeUnpaged-Do you know what was your thyroid? I also had thyroid issue. My TSH was 3.2 and my doctor wants it to be 2.5. So I started to use synthroid 25 mcg after 4 weeks we tested again and it was not reduced so my doctor increased the dose to 50 mcg. I gave a blood sample yesterday and will get the results on Tuesday. Also on Tuesday I will ask doctor about IUI. Because maybe while waiting we could try it. I am not really sure if we could really do IUI but better to ask. I think waiting without any clarity is really bad!

#104 LifeUnpaged

LifeUnpaged
  • Global 100+
  • 139 posts

Posted 29 January 2016 - 10:03 AM

We started to see doctor in October 2015 then immediately started to the tests. In 1and half month we got the tests results and on 24th of November we signed the consent. But apparently my husband's one test was missing (which is the first blood test where they test for diseases, etc). So on 24th he also gave the blood. And after that our waiting started. I realized everybody who signed consent received a confirmation call but we never received it so at the end yesterday we learned that they put us on waiting list on 6th of January (so more than a month our file was not added on the list, I really did not get it, anyway!). 

LifeUnpaged-Do you know what was your thyroid? I also had thyroid issue. My TSH was 3.2 and my doctor wants it to be 2.5. So I started to use synthroid 25 mcg after 4 weeks we tested again and it was not reduced so my doctor increased the dose to 50 mcg. I gave a blood sample yesterday and will get the results on Tuesday. Also on Tuesday I will ask doctor about IUI. Because maybe while waiting we could try it. I am not really sure if we could really do IUI but better to ask. I think waiting without any clarity is really bad!

Good question, I can't recall what it was at just that it was too high. I have about four weeks to go before I go for blood work to see if synthroid worked.

Emoticons09780.gif

• ??/??/10 -  I am diagnosed with Neurofibromatosis Type 1, we discover I have a 50% chance of passing it on. Upon learning more about the   disorder we decide IVF with PGD would be our route to have kids in order to prevent passing it on. We consult with Dr. Haebe at  OFC to learn more, but aren't yet ready to start. We make a plan to save up.
  • 01/08/16 - IVF and PGD Consent Signed for Ontario Funded Cycle. (We pay for the PGD)
  • 09/21/16 - Genesis completed gene probe, ready for embies! Awaiting call from scheduling nurse.
  • 09/30/16 - Start BCP for 21 days, Booked to start Stims (Antagonist Protocol) on October 28th
  • 12/??/16 -  One embryo tested positive for Neurofobromatosis gene mutation. Genesis to re-biopsy to ensure probe is working
  • 01/12/17 -  Results for re-biopsy received, meeting with Dr. Haebe tomorrow to discuss.
  • 01/13/17 - Results are good, mock cycle is the next step before transferring one of our 4 healthy embabies!
  • 01/13/17 - All is well with the mick cycle, nurses called. Next step is to call with late March day 1 and then blood tests until I surge, then ultrasound. We are looking at transfer the week of April 10th.
  • 03/28/17 - Called in CD1 - final round of testing before transfer is about to begin!
  • 04/17/17 - Transferred day 5 blast, icon_stickyvibespink.gif  BETA will be May 1
  • 4/24/17 - 7dp5dt poas and got a faint positive!  Emoticons01015.gif th_abfp.gif
  • 05/01/17 - Beta results are in (925) we are officially pregnant! stork-baby.gif

#105 sweetjuly14

sweetjuly14
  • 75 posts
  • Interests:OCTOBER 2013-AGE 26- FIRST ROUND OF IVF/ICSI RESULTING IN BFP! Healthy baby boy born July 2014.

AWAITING OHIP FUNDED CYCLE FOR BABY #2!
    CONSENT SIGNED DECEMBER 8, 2015.
    OHIP CONSENT APRIL 11th 2016
    SCHEDULING NURSE CALLED APRIL 13, 2016

TO CALL IN DAY 1 IN APRIL- PATCH PROTOCOL
    -EGG RETRIVAL EXPECTED MAY 2016.

Egg Retrieval May 30, 3 Day transfer June 3rd
    BFP! :) First ultrasound July 8th!

Posted 29 January 2016 - 10:21 AM

hello everyone,

I have a question... how long did the testing take for you? I originally booked my first appointment for November 2015 (had never been to the fertility centre) and they've been testing us ever since. They discovered another issue potentially with my husband and so they are testing him again (to make sure it was an accurate finding). I am just really upset because they still haven't had me sign the consent form. Is this normal? how long did it take everyone else to get on the waiting list? Would you say something to your doctor? 

Anyone sign in January? Do you know when you'll be starting Ivf... it appears the list is pretty long now.

Happy a lot of you ladies will be starting Ivf soon. Wishing you all the best!! smile.png

For us, in 2013 We started testing in May, signed consent in August, and had an unfunded cycle in October/November. 

The wait is agonizing, hang in there! 

OCTOBER 2013- IVF/ICSI - Beautiful baby boy born July 8,2014

May 2016   IVF/ICSI Ohip Funded-  Due February 20, 2017

#106 Mimi_045

Mimi_045
  • 84 posts
  • Dx:Endometriosis

Posted 29 January 2016 - 01:51 PM

Thanks for the responses ladies :).

I have another question, and I don't mean to get too personal or anything, but I am thinking of paying for a round of IVF with ICSI. I saw on the site that it costs 7000 for IVF and ICSI is 2000.. this question may be stupid but I am not sure, are there taxes on top of that? Or are those prices the actual costs?

I know that I will have to pay for drugs on top but I am hoping my benefits (federal government) covers the costs of most of the medical drugs.

#107 CeeCee

CeeCee
  • Global 100+
  • 190 posts

Posted 29 January 2016 - 04:22 PM

Hi Mar87 - no taxes on top when I paid in 2013. Perhaps they're worked into the prices?

I'm with the federal govt too and all of the drugs I was prescribed were covered (up to 80% anyway!)

May 7 - CD1 

June 5 - Beta... BFN

Aug 5 - CD1

Aug 22 - Transfer of a single 5 day blastocyst (the other did not survive the freeze/thaw)

Sept 23 - 1st u/s at 7 weeks 2 days - One perfect little embryo, with a perfect little heartbeat!

Oct 28 - NT screening u/s - Baby's growth is right on track and I counted little fingers!

DD born in May

March 7 - CD1

#108 Mimi_045

Mimi_045
  • 84 posts
  • Dx:Endometriosis

Posted 29 January 2016 - 04:33 PM

Thank you for you response CeeCee.

That's a relief.

:)

#109 nero

nero
  • Global 100+
  • 308 posts

Posted 02 February 2016 - 03:42 PM

Hi all,

Just for an update! Today we had an appointment with my doctor to discuss my thyroid results. Luckily they went down. So I am really happy about it. He said that we should get the call soon. I was so excited to hear but but also nervous why they are not calling us yet :( I wish there was a number to call or contact to hear what is the situation. Lately did anyone receive a call for their funded IVF?

#110 sweetjuly14

sweetjuly14
  • 75 posts
  • Interests:OCTOBER 2013-AGE 26- FIRST ROUND OF IVF/ICSI RESULTING IN BFP! Healthy baby boy born July 2014.

Posted 02 February 2016 - 03:59 PM

Hi all,
Just for an update! Today we had an appointment with my doctor to discuss my thyroid results. Luckily they went down. So I am really happy about it. He said that we should get the call soon. I was so excited to hear but but also nervous why they are not calling us yet :( I wish there was a number to call or contact to hear what is the situation. Lately did anyone receive a call for their funded IVF?

Great News about your thyroid results!!! :)
I have not heard anything yet, consent signed December 8th confirmed December 21st. The last I heard on the facebook page was from someone who had a mid-November consent apt.
  • nero likes this

#111 nero

nero
  • Global 100+
  • 308 posts

Posted 02 February 2016 - 04:11 PM

Hi all,
Just for an update! Today we had an appointment with my doctor to discuss my thyroid results. Luckily they went down. So I am really happy about it. He said that we should get the call soon. I was so excited to hear but but also nervous why they are not calling us yet sad.png I wish there was a number to call or contact to hear what is the situation. Lately did anyone receive a call for their funded IVF?

Great News about your thyroid results!!! smile.png
I have not heard anything yet, consent signed December 8th confirmed December 21st. The last I heard on the facebook page was from someone who had a mid-November consent apt.

Thanks sweetjuly14 for the update. I signed on 24th of November. But what I learned from information desk is they put us on the list on 6th of January. I am not really sure if it is correct or not and unfortunately there is no one to ask as well. Anyway I try to keep calm and patiently wait to receive the call. And my doctor also said that they already treated 150 patients (they are either got the call or already started their treatment) and their goal is to reach 250 patients end of March. I think we should get the call more or less similar time. I will update you as soon as I hear something :)  

#112 sweetjuly14

sweetjuly14
  • 75 posts

Posted 03 February 2016 - 08:33 AM

Hi all,
Just for an update! Today we had an appointment with my doctor to discuss my thyroid results. Luckily they went down. So I am really happy about it. He said that we should get the call soon. I was so excited to hear but but also nervous why they are not calling us yet sad.png I wish there was a number to call or contact to hear what is the situation. Lately did anyone receive a call for their funded IVF?

Great News about your thyroid results!!! smile.png

Thanks sweetjuly14 for the update. I signed on 24th of November. But what I learned from information desk is they put us on the list on 6th of January. I am not really sure if it is correct or not and unfortunately there is no one to ask as well. Anyway I try to keep calm and patiently wait to receive the call. And my doctor also said that they already treated 150 patients (they are either got the call or already started their treatment) and their goal is to reach 250 patients end of March. I think we should get the call more or less similar time. I will update you as soon as I hear something smile.png

That's great news! Hopefully it wont be too long now! :) I'll keep you posted as well!

I've been having a heck of a time getting manulife to answer the simple question of "Is there a life time limit for gonal-f and luveris for my policy?" It's been 2 weeks, they have the DIN numbers, all the info, and still nothing! I call, they tell me it's on rush and to relax! I'm getting so frustrated!

#113 CeeCee

CeeCee
  • Global 100+
  • 190 posts

Posted 03 February 2016 - 09:03 AM

Nero - the information you received is very promising! Doesn't seem like you will have to wait too much longer until you're contacted.

Sweetjuly - my husband's insurer is manulife and there is a lifetime limit of $5000 on fertility drugs! I know that plans can vary but I actually think his plan is otherwise pretty progressive. So the limit is a real kick in the pants.

May 7 - CD1 

June 5 - Beta... BFN

Aug 5 - CD1

DD born in May

March 7 - CD1

#114 nero

nero
  • Global 100+
  • 308 posts

Posted 03 February 2016 - 11:13 AM

I emailed the ivf coordinator in OFC and got a reply like that.
"Yes your name is on the list, there are a lot of patients there. As soon as we get to your name you will receive a call and some consents at your email. You will most like hear from us in a few months."
Hopefully it will not be months 😁

#115 nero

nero
  • Global 100+
  • 308 posts

Posted 03 February 2016 - 09:51 PM

Hi all,

I just copy the list that CeeCee made (thanks a lot again CeeCee it was a brilliant idea) and try to update it. If I miss someone please add yourself to list. And if you keep us updated as soon as you get the call, I could write them. It gives hopes to us smile.png

keepsmiling - signed Oct 23 - called Jan 11 

Julie1 - signed Oct 27 - called Jan 8

P&H - signed Oct 30 - called Jan 12
Womb Available - signed end of October - called Jan 13
Abstruze - signed Nov 4... (started her non-funded cycle, but still in the list for funded IVF)
Deer123 - signed Nov 10 - called Jan 22
CeeCee - signed Nov 18 - called Jan 21
Raebuck - signed Nov 20...

Mel15 - signed Nov 20...
Nero - signed Nov 24...

Sammae - signed early December...
SweetJuly14 - signed Dec 8...

​Murried - signed Dec 8...
Daisy - signed Dec 21...
Lifeunpaged - signed Jan 8...

• Melissa36 likes this

#116 sweetjuly14

sweetjuly14
  • 75 posts

Posted 04 February 2016 - 06:21 AM

CeeCee- 5000 seems so low that sucks! :(

I called manulife again yesterday and she was very defensive stating it could be another couple of weeks, I asked to speak to her supervisor and low and behold I got the letter 2 hours later. My plan covers 15000 so I have enough for another round phew! 

Nero- Great Idea, I kept scrolling back to find the last one! :) 

• nero and Raebuk like this

#117 Melissa36

Melissa36
  • 4 posts
  • Dx:N/A

Posted 04 February 2016 - 10:31 AM

Hello girls,

I am new to the forum. I signed the consent on december 7th.

Good luck to all of us ;)

#118 CeeCee

CeeCee
  • Global 100+
  • 190 posts

Posted 04 February 2016 - 10:49 AM

Welcome Melissa!

Sweetjuly - that's such great news! Worth the wait. Thankfully my plan has no limit so I only use my husbands plan for the 20% mine doesn't cover. At that rate it would take many cycles to max his out!

Nero - just need to clarify the date for me. While I received the ohip consents on Jan 21 I wasn't actually called until january 28th. So jan 28th is the date you should include above. The scheduling nurse confirmed that they call in the order of the waitlist (and the consents don't always reflect the order)

May 7 - CD1 

June 5 - Beta... BFN

Aug 5 - CD1

DD born in May

March 7 - CD1

#119 sweetjuly14

sweetjuly14
  • 75 posts

Posted 04 February 2016 - 11:10 AM

Hello girls,

Good luck to all of us wink.png

Welcome smile.png

Cee Cee- Limitless is the way it should be for sure! 

When I signed my consent, the secretary told me that It would take a week or two for them to call me but I was on the wait list effective immediately, which i'm assuming is because we didn't require any additional testing and all our results were discussed in our consent appointment. 

#120 LifeUnpaged

LifeUnpaged
  • Global 100+
  • 139 posts

Posted 04 February 2016 - 11:23 AM

Welcome Melissa!

Sweetjuly - that's such great news! Worth the wait. Thankfully my plan has no limit so I only use my husbands plan for the 20% mine doesn't cover. At that rate it would take many cycles to max his out!

Nero - just need to clarify the date for me. While I received the ohip consents on Jan 21 I wasn't actually called until january 28th. So jan 28th is the date you should include above. The scheduling nurse confirmed that they call in the order of the waitlist (and the consents don't always reflect the order)

I signed January 8th and have not been called, should I have been?

The anxiousness is driving me crazy

Emoticons09780.gif

#121 nero

nero
  • Global 100+
  • 308 posts

Posted 04 February 2016 - 11:30 AM

Hello girls,

Welcome smile.png

When I signed my consent, the secretary told me that It would take a week or two for them to call me but I was on the wait list effective immediately, which i'm assuming is because we didn't require any additional testing and all our results were discussed in our consent appointment. 

'Actually this is also what I heard. Even my husband's blood test was missing and in that time the secretary said that we should not be worried cause the date that we signed the consent is the criteria for them to create the list.

LifeUnpaged - we signed the consent at OFC on 24th of November and never received a call. I sent an email to our IVF coordinator and they said that I am in the list and might get the call in a few months (hope it is before March :P ) I think waiting gets worse once you know you might get the call soon :) 

#122 sweetjuly14

sweetjuly14
  • 75 posts

Posted 04 February 2016 - 11:33 AM

Hello girls,

Welcome smile.png

'Actually this is also what I heard. Even my husband's blood test was missing and in that time the secretary said that we should not be worried cause the date that we signed the consent is the criteria for them to create the list.

LifeUnpaged - we signed the consent at OFC on 24th of November and never received a call. I sent an email to our IVF coordinator and they said that I am in the list and might get the call in a few months (hope it is before March tongue.png ) I think waiting gets worse once you know you might get the call soon smile.png

LOL I agree, I check my e-mails so many times a day it's crazy! 

#123 LifeUnpaged

LifeUnpaged
  • Global 100+
  • 139 posts

Posted 04 February 2016 - 11:33 AM

Hello girls,

Welcome smile.png

LifeUnpaged - we signed the consent at OFC on 24th of November and never received a call. I sent an email to our IVF coordinator and they said that I am in the list and might get the call in a few months (hope it is before March tongue.png ) I think waiting gets worse once you know you might get the call soon smile.png

I can see that, I think nothing but actually getting the call would ease the nerves though. I just feel so obsessive, I think about it all the time and am anxious just to know for sure it will at least happen this year. I know its not really the worst that could happen but the wait is making me crazy sometimes, just the not knowing when it will happen. 

My husband is so much calmer about everything, he is perfectly content to wait.

• nero likes this

Emoticons09780.gif

#124 LifeUnpaged

LifeUnpaged
  • Global 100+
  • 139 posts

Posted 04 February 2016 - 11:40 AM

And speaking of waiting...I work in an elementary school library and was checking in books when this one came up. Mood of the day for sure!

12592537_10153958156773993_4267744597543

• nero and lilkitkat like this

Emoticons09780.gif

#125 nero

nero
  • Global 100+
  • 308 posts

Posted 04 February 2016 - 11:49 AM

exactly! If they give me a certain date I can wait calmly. But because it might be any time, I am getting crazy :P My husband is also much more calm or let's say he is just calm :) Sometimes it is annoying but I am glad that he is more stable at this moment this helps me to think logically as well :)

And my doctor said that they already contacted with 150 people (image they started the procedure or calling from 21st of December and between 24th of December to NYE it was closed). He also mentioned that till at the end of March they want to make the number to 250! So we are all in this coming 100 :)  In May my sister will have graduation and she is doing her master in Italy so I would love to go there but all depends on when I will start to treatment. I think it also makes me nervous :) But let's hope the best and when it is right time we will all get the call :)

PS: I think my F5 button will go off soon to refresh the mail :P

• LifeUnpaged likes this