Anyone signed their IVF consent after the funding was announced? - Page 4 - Ottawa Fertility Centre - IVF.ca Forums

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Anyone signed their IVF consent after the funding was announced?

• Please log in to reply
779 replies to this topic

#76 lilkitkat

lilkitkat
  • 87 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor
  • My Clinic:OFC

Posted 23 January 2016 - 05:37 PM

I received the call from scheduling nurse yesterday. Looks like our treatment will start around the end of March!

Good news deer123 :) !!! So happy for you !!

• LifeUnpaged likes this

Mommy To Be, IVF-er, Fur mama, Wife, Occasional Optimist, Part-time Believer, Full-Time Over Achiever.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Our Journey..

07'14 - TTC since

08'15 - Joined OFC

Diagnosed w/Male factor & Possible Tubal

28'1'16 - Officially added on funded wait-list (IVF.ICSI)

17'8'16 - Signed Consents

14'10'16 - Scheduling Visit

21'10'16 - Short Antagonist Protocol

13F-8E-5F ♥ Transferred one beautiful B5AA ✽ 1 Frosty B5BB

BETA#1 592 ... BETA#2 1287 Miracle Baby EDD July 26 2017 

#77 nero

nero
  • Global 100+
  • 308 posts
  • My Clinic:ottawa fertility centre

Posted 23 January 2016 - 08:56 PM

I received the call from scheduling nurse yesterday. Looks like our treatment will start around the end of March!

This is great deer123. How they decide the time? I mean it is depending on your closest period time or not?

#78 deer123

deer123
  • 25 posts
  • My Clinic:ofc

Posted 24 January 2016 - 05:19 PM

This is great deer123. How they decide the time? I mean it is depending on your closest period time or not?

She did ask my cycle info. Seems February and early March are fully booked.
  • nero likes this

#79 nero

nero
  • Global 100+
  • 308 posts

Posted 24 January 2016 - 05:36 PM

ah okay! Good luck with everything and keep us updated :) I hope I will also receive the call soon. Today we got the news that my husband's sister is pregnant. The due is in August. We are so happy for them course but it brought some tears to both of us. I hope 2016 will bring us our babies.

• lilkitkat likes this

#80 keepsmiling

keepsmiling
  • 44 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained

Posted 25 January 2016 - 11:36 AM

Hi Ladies,

I am new to this site. But thought I would check it out and also share what information I have. I am a patient at OFC and have been for 3 years. I've been trying to conceive for 4 years with no luck. My husband and I are both unexplained....I am now 35 and he is 36. We tried to conceive with injections and timed intercourse but no luck so we went on to IUI cycles and injections but again no luck. So now we are trying IVF and we were going to try in November 2015 but with the funded cycles being so close we decided to wait and see what that brought......we signed a consent form October 23rd 2015. I received an email from the IVF coordinator Jan 6th 2016 saying my name came up on the waiting list for Funded IVF treatment and that I must fill out a form for the government-MOHLTC (OHIP) and scan it back and then someone will be contacting me shortly to discuss treatment timelines. I then received a call on Jan 11th 2016 by the schedule nurse saying that I was up for my funded cycle and that I need to make an appointment with the nurse to go over the procedure prior to my day one. I made the appointment for Jan 21st as my day one should be today Jan 25th. I then received another email from the schedule nurse for my IVF education on Jan 11th for the Web Tutorial. So I should be calling in today with my day one.....just waiting impatiently for my day one to come!!!! I am usually the opposite....I don't want it to come....because that may mean baby time :) So my fingers are crossed! I'm nervous for the retrieval...I'm a big wimp.....I asked if they could knock me right out....they said "no" lol

• Raebuk and Mel15 like this

#81 lilkitkat

lilkitkat
  • 87 posts

Posted 25 January 2016 - 11:54 AM

Hi Ladies,

I am new to this site. But thought I would check it out and also share what information I have. I am a patient at OFC and have been for 3 years. I've been trying to conceive for 4 years with no luck. My husband and I are both unexplained....I am now 35 and he is 36. We tried to conceive with injections and timed intercourse but no luck so we went on to IUI cycles and injections but again no luck. So now we are trying IVF and we were going to try in November 2015 but with the funded cycles being so close we decided to wait and see what that brought......we signed a consent form October 23rd 2015. I received an email from the IVF coordinator Jan 6th 2016 saying my name came up on the waiting list for Funded IVF treatment and that I must fill out a form for the government-MOHLTC (OHIP) and scan it back and then someone will be contacting me shortly to discuss treatment timelines. I then received a call on Jan 11th 2016 by the schedule nurse saying that I was up for my funded cycle and that I need to make an appointment with the nurse to go over the procedure prior to my day one. I made the appointment for Jan 21st as my day one should be today Jan 25th. I then received another email from the schedule nurse for my IVF education on Jan 11th for the Web Tutorial. So I should be calling in today with my day one.....just waiting impatiently for my day one to come!!!! I am usually the opposite....I don't want it to come....because that may mean baby time :) So my fingers are crossed! I'm nervous for the retrieval...I'm a big wimp.....I asked if they could knock me right out....they said "no" lol

Hi and welcome to the forum. That's fantastic you get to start so soon I can imagine how excited you must be ! :) please keep us updated. Good luck !!
  • LifeUnpaged and keepsmiling like this

Mommy To Be, IVF-er, Fur mama, Wife, Occasional Optimist, Part-time Believer, Full-Time Over Achiever.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Our Journey..

07'14 - TTC since

08'15 - Joined OFC

var pid = parseInt(1905402); if ( pid > ipb.topic.topPid ){ ipb.topic.topPid = pid; } // Show multiquote for JS browsers if ( $('multiq_1905402') ) { $('multiq_1905402').show(); } if( $('toggle_post_1905402') ) { $('toggle_post_1905402').show(); } // Add perm data ipb.topic.deletePerms[1905402] = { 'canDelete' : 0, 'canSoftDelete' : 0 };

#82 CeeCee

CeeCee
  • Global 100+
  • 190 posts

Posted 25 January 2016 - 01:07 PM

Welcome keepsmiling! Thanks for sharing your info. We love details here and you gave us many! Wow - so excited for you that you're starting your first ivf. And so soon! I'm sure you'll probably be so excited at your egg retrieval that it will be fine and a lot easier than you expect. Keep us posted!

Deer123 - would you mind elaborating on the info you received from the clinic? You said that February and early March are full - is that for cycling, or for retrieval? I am wondering whether your speculation that you would be treated in late March means that you will call in your first day 1 at that time, or that you expect you would be stimming and have retrieval in March? Sorry for the prodding... I am just wondering so that I can begin speculative scheduling in advance of being called this week. Thank you!!!
  • keepsmiling likes this

CBAVD diagnosis in January 2013

IVF May 2013 - Patch Protocol

[Me: 37 DH: 31]

May 7 - CD1 

Dosage: 250 iu Gonal-F + 75 iu Luveris (for 10 days)

May 20 - ER - 15 eggs, 7 fertilized

May 25 - Transfer of 2 perfect blasts, 2 good ones left over to freeze

June 1 - BFP on HPT!!! (7dp5dt) 

June 5 - Beta... BFN

FET August 2103 - Unmedicated

Aug 5 - CD1

Aug 22 - Transfer of a single 5 day blastocyst (the other did not survive the freeze/thaw)

Sept 5 - BFP!!! Beta at 999!

Sept 23 - 1st u/s at 7 weeks 2 days - One perfect little embryo, with a perfect little heartbeat!

Oct 10 -  2nd u/s at 9 weeks 5 days - All is well. Phew!

Oct 28 - NT screening u/s - Baby's growth is right on track and I counted little fingers!

DD born in May

IVF March 2016 - Patch Protocol

[Me: 40, Dh: 34]

March 7 - CD1

Dosage: 400 iu Gonal-F + 150 iu Luveris (for 10 days)

#83 deer123

deer123
  • 25 posts

Posted 25 January 2016 - 06:26 PM

End of March will be my Day1 of the treatment cycle.

The scheduling nurse will ask for your last cycle start date, the length of your cycle, and estimate Day1 of your next 2 or 3 cycles. They use Day1 in their booking schedule.

#84 lilkitkat

lilkitkat
  • 87 posts

Posted 25 January 2016 - 06:29 PM

Just thought I'd update. I got emailed the link with the password to watch the video and the file with the quiz. Apparently once they receive the quiz I will be added on the wait list. Not sure how to send it to them though..mail, email, or hand it in in person.

Our Journey..

07'14 - TTC since

08'15 - Joined OFC

var pid = parseInt(1906026); if ( pid > ipb.topic.topPid ){ ipb.topic.topPid = pid; } // Show multiquote for JS browsers if ( $('multiq_1906026') ) { $('multiq_1906026').show(); } if( $('toggle_post_1906026') ) { $('toggle_post_1906026').show(); } // Add perm data ipb.topic.deletePerms[1906026] = { 'canDelete' : 0, 'canSoftDelete' : 0 };

#85 deer123

deer123
  • 25 posts

Posted 25 January 2016 - 06:29 PM

ah okay! Good luck with everything and keep us updated :) I hope I will also receive the call soon. Today we got the news that my husband's sister is pregnant. The due is in August. We are so happy for them course but it brought some tears to both of us. I hope 2016 will bring us our babies.

Dear nero, I totally understand your feelings. I need to prepare my emotions too before going to friends' baby showers. Best luck to you and everyone in this forum!
  • nero likes this

#86 nero

nero
  • Global 100+
  • 308 posts

Posted 25 January 2016 - 07:54 PM

ah okay! Good luck with everything and keep us updated smile.png I hope I will also receive the call soon. Today we got the news that my husband's sister is pregnant. The due is in August. We are so happy for them course but it brought some tears to both of us. I hope 2016 will bring us our babies.

Dear nero, I totally understand your feelings. I need to prepare my emotions too before going to friends' baby showers. Best luck to you and everyone in this forum!

Thanks a lot deer123. Yesterday night I had a huge headache and it made me realize nothing is worth to my health :) So I decided to stop torturing myself :) I decided I will not use Facebook for a while so I do not need to see all the announcements for a while :) I am so happy for you that you will start your journey soon. So I hope I will receive my call in 1-2 weeks. but who knows :) and thanks for understanding my feelings :) 

#87 sweetjuly14

sweetjuly14
  • 75 posts
  • Interests:OCTOBER 2013-AGE 26- FIRST ROUND OF IVF/ICSI RESULTING IN BFP! Healthy baby boy born July 2014.

AWAITING OHIP FUNDED CYCLE FOR BABY #2!
    CONSENT SIGNED DECEMBER 8, 2015.
    OHIP CONSENT APRIL 11th 2016
    SCHEDULING NURSE CALLED APRIL 13, 2016

TO CALL IN DAY 1 IN APRIL- PATCH PROTOCOL
    -EGG RETRIVAL EXPECTED MAY 2016.

Egg Retrieval May 30, 3 Day transfer June 3rd
    BFP! :) First ultrasound July 8th!

Posted 27 January 2016 - 09:08 AM

Since the wait list seems to be going a lot more quickly than I had originally anticipated, I've been starting to think about ways to prepare my body for the cycle.   We went through an IVF Cycle in 2013 in which I produced very little follicles, we decided to keep going, and not cancel as encouraged by Dr. Jackson and we lucked out with a BFP. Mid cycle I had started increasing my protein intake, using a hot water bottle and had acupuncture done. 

I've been starting to feel some anxiety in regards to going for another Cycle, I know that I wont produce a lot of follicles, but I will be on the max dose of gonal-F (patch protocol) this time which should help some.

Anyways, sorry for the long post! My question is what are some things everyone is doing to help prepare their bodies for their upcoming cycles?

I'm trying to decide on when to start acupuncture this time and if I will go to the same place (I live in Cornwall so its quite a far drive). 

• Raebuk likes this

OCTOBER 2013- IVF/ICSI - Beautiful baby boy born July 8,2014

May 2016   IVF/ICSI Ohip Funded-  Due February 20, 2017

#88 lilkitkat

lilkitkat
  • 87 posts

Posted 27 January 2016 - 09:30 AM

Since the wait list seems to be going a lot more quickly than I had originally anticipated, I've been starting to think about ways to prepare my body for the cycle.   We went through an IVF Cycle in 2013 in which I produced very little follicles, we decided to keep going, and not cancel as encouraged by Dr. Jackson and we lucked out with a BFP. Mid cycle I had started increasing my protein intake, using a hot water bottle and had acupuncture done. 

I've been starting to feel some anxiety in regards to going for another Cycle, I know that I wont produce a lot of follicles, but I will be on the max dose of gonal-F (patch protocol) this time which should help some.

Anyways, sorry for the long post! My question is what are some things everyone is doing to help prepare their bodies for their upcoming cycles?
I'm trying to decide on when to start acupuncture this time and if I will go to the same place (I live in Cornwall so its quite a far drive). 

I haven't had my ivf yet but I'm planning on focusing on my diet 4 months before my ivf cycle. Mostly going a little vegetarian with a lot of fish (don't have shark, Swordfish, King Mackerel, or Tilefish before and while pregnant as it contains a lot of mercury) and red meat. I am also planning on not drinking at all those months to cleanse my system and of course no smoking (which I already started working on). Acupuncture is a great option to relax and I also recommend yoga and meditation they work miracles ! Don't forget to stay hydrated too and don't forget to take your prenatal and folic acid everyday) try speaking to a nurse or midwife for a diet plan I will be doing the same ! Best of luck to you!
  • sweetjuly14 and Raebuk like this

Our Journey..

07'14 - TTC since

08'15 - Joined OFC

var pid = parseInt(1908338); if ( pid > ipb.topic.topPid ){ ipb.topic.topPid = pid; } // Show multiquote for JS browsers if ( $('multiq_1908338') ) { $('multiq_1908338').show(); } if( $('toggle_post_1908338') ) { $('toggle_post_1908338').show(); } // Add perm data ipb.topic.deletePerms[1908338] = { 'canDelete' : 0, 'canSoftDelete' : 0 };

#89 lilkitkat

lilkitkat
  • 87 posts

Posted 27 January 2016 - 09:36 AM

To the ladies who are waiting to receive the email with the video and the quiz. It doesn't say exactly how to send it back to them. You have to scan it and email it to the admin email they have listed on the document they send you or to your REs administrative assistant email. No need to go and hand it in person :)

Our Journey..

07'14 - TTC since

08'15 - Joined OFC

var pid = parseInt(1908354); if ( pid > ipb.topic.topPid ){ ipb.topic.topPid = pid; } // Show multiquote for JS browsers if ( $('multiq_1908354') ) { $('multiq_1908354').show(); } if( $('toggle_post_1908354') ) { $('toggle_post_1908354').show(); } // Add perm data ipb.topic.deletePerms[1908354] = { 'canDelete' : 0, 'canSoftDelete' : 0 };

#90 CeeCee

CeeCee
  • Global 100+
  • 190 posts

Posted 27 January 2016 - 02:48 PM

SweetJuly14 - i was also successful through OFC in 2013! Well a successful FET anyway. I didn't really do anything last time, but I generally eat nutritious foods. Def was taking a prenatal. I think I may have limited alcohol somewhat but can't recall. In any event that part will be easy this time since toddler + hangover = nightmare to be avoided at all costs. This time I've started taking Coq10 and fish oils twice a day and trying to avoid sugary foods. Just started prenatals again too.

I'm still waiting for the call from OFC to discuss timing.

Deer123 - do you recall how long you waited between receiving the OHIP consents and getting a call? Tomorrow will be 1 week for me.
  • sweetjuly14 likes this

May 7 - CD1 

June 5 - Beta... BFN

Aug 5 - CD1

Aug 22 - Transfer of a single 5 day blastocyst (the other did not survive the freeze/thaw)

Sept 23 - 1st u/s at 7 weeks 2 days - One perfect little embryo, with a perfect little heartbeat!

Oct 28 - NT screening u/s - Baby's growth is right on track and I counted little fingers!

DD born in May

March 7 - CD1

#91 deer123

deer123
  • 25 posts

Posted 28 January 2016 - 01:38 AM

SweetJuly14 - i was also successful through OFC in 2013! Well a successful FET anyway. I didn't really do anything last time, but I generally eat nutritious foods. Def was taking a prenatal. I think I may have limited alcohol somewhat but can't recall. In any event that part will be easy this time since toddler + hangover = nightmare to be avoided at all costs. This time I've started taking Coq10 and fish oils twice a day and trying to avoid sugary foods. Just started prenatals again too.

Deer123 - do you recall how long you waited between receiving the OHIP consents and getting a call? Tomorrow will be 1 week for me.

They happened on the same day

#92 CeeCee

CeeCee
  • Global 100+
  • 190 posts

Posted 28 January 2016 - 09:10 AM

Hmmm that's troubling. I'm going to go against their advice to wait for a call and email them.

Any news on your end yet Nero?

May 7 - CD1 

June 5 - Beta... BFN

Aug 5 - CD1

DD born in May

March 7 - CD1

#93 nero

nero
  • Global 100+
  • 308 posts

Posted 28 January 2016 - 09:35 AM

Hmmm that's troubling. I'm going to go against their advice to wait for a call and email them.

Any news on your end yet Nero?

No news unfortunately. My husband called the secretary (I kind of pushed him to call cause he sometimes does not understand my frustration). But no one called us back.Today I gave a blood test for TSH. So we went upstairs to talk but because they are so busy we could not talk with secretary. However the guy at the reception helped us and he checked my file and he said we were added on the list on 16th of January (to be honest it was a later time than I though cause in your case you sign the consent and in 2 weeks you received your confirmation that you are in the list and our seems like 4 weeks later, pffff). Anyway we will see the doctor on Tuesday and in that time we will talk with him. I am even in for a paid cycle but my husband prefers a funded one (I think he is definitely right but waiting is killing me as well so I am also right :P ). So I will ask to doctor if with my husband's numbers we could do IUI. Maybe we can try I do not know. But CeeCee I hope you will get an answer soon.

#94 sweetjuly14

sweetjuly14
  • 75 posts
  • Interests:OCTOBER 2013-AGE 26- FIRST ROUND OF IVF/ICSI RESULTING IN BFP! Healthy baby boy born July 2014.

AWAITING OHIP FUNDED CYCLE FOR BABY #2!
    CONSENT SIGNED DECEMBER 8, 2015.
    OHIP CONSENT APRIL 11th 2016
    SCHEDULING NURSE CALLED APRIL 13, 2016

TO CALL IN DAY 1 IN APRIL- PATCH PROTOCOL
    -EGG RETRIVAL EXPECTED MAY 2016.

Egg Retrieval May 30, 3 Day transfer June 3rd
    BFP! :) First ultrasound July 8th!

Posted 28 January 2016 - 09:38 AM

I generally eat nutritiously as well, I share an office with a dietitian who always keeps me on track lol, I need to do some more research on additional supplements, I haven't stopped taking my prenatal/folic acid so i'll continue with that. Toddlers and hangovers definitely don't mix! 

Hope you get your call soon!! :) 

• CeeCee likes this

OCTOBER 2013- IVF/ICSI - Beautiful baby boy born July 8,2014

May 2016   IVF/ICSI Ohip Funded-  Due February 20, 2017

#95 CeeCee

CeeCee
  • Global 100+
  • 190 posts

Posted 28 January 2016 - 09:40 AM

Oh my - Nero - I'm sorry to hear that it took so long for you to be added to the list! I can appreciate that your husband prefers a funded cycle - but since you could still have a funded one after a paid one you could save it for a sibling! Either way - it shouldn't be too long for you if you got on the list mid January. Maybe early summer?

May 7 - CD1 

June 5 - Beta... BFN

Aug 5 - CD1

DD born in May

March 7 - CD1

#96 nero

nero
  • Global 100+
  • 308 posts

Posted 28 January 2016 - 09:49 AM

Oh my - Nero - I'm sorry to hear that it took so long for you to be added to the list! I can appreciate that your husband prefers a funded cycle - but since you could still have a funded one after a paid one you could save it for a sibling! Either way - it shouldn't be too long for you if you got on the list mid January. Maybe early summer?

I also think the latest early summer. It really seems short as well, time really flies but at the same time even 1 day feels like 100 year! I really try to stop thinking but it is always in my mind. Especially now everybody getting pregnant! In the weekend we learned that my husband's sister is pregnant. I am so happy for them but I kind of feel sad. I also want my family to hear that they will have a grandchild. They are so ready for that :) But I will keep good till the doctor appointment and ask his idea. Then we will decide. Cause It will be great if he says we could try IUI. it will at least keep me busy :) and I am scared how I will react to the drugs. So maybe with IUI we can see it.I do not know.but at the same time maybe Dr. will say that IUI is not even a chance for us and we have to wait. Let's see.At least my husband really likes the doctor so he will listen him :) 

#97 CeeCee

CeeCee
  • Global 100+
  • 190 posts

Posted 28 January 2016 - 03:40 PM

Update! Spoke to clinic today. I'm booked to call in my day 1 in March. Will be doing the patch protocol, so will be stimming in mid April. I wish you all luck, and contentment in your waiting! (It really is the worst)
  • nero and Raebuk like this

May 7 - CD1 

June 5 - Beta... BFN

Aug 5 - CD1

DD born in May

March 7 - CD1

#98 Mel15

Mel15
  • 64 posts
  • Dx:Endometriosis
  • My Clinic:Ottawa Fertility Centre

Posted 28 January 2016 - 04:14 PM

Update! Spoke to clinic today. I'm booked to call in my day 1 in March. Will be doing the patch protocol, so will be stimming in mid April. I wish you all luck, and contentment in your waiting! (It really is the worst)

That's awesome! Wishing you all the best! Did you end up calling or did they call you? I'm still waiting for my call and OHIP form...we signed 2 days after you.
Me: 30 DH: 34
DX: endometriosis and male factor
TTC: 4 years
2 laparoscopic surgeries, 1 natural pregnancy ended in m/c, 2 unsuccessful IUIs
Nov 20, 2015- Signed our IVF consent form with OFC
Feb 04, 2016- Received and Signed our OHIP funded consent form

IVF Journey
BCP - March 4th -23rd
Antagonist Protocol - Gonal-f, Luveris, Cetrotide - injections as of 03/25
ET - April 11th - 1 beautiful 5d blast
8dp5dt - BFP on FRER
11dp5dt - beta #1 - 580
15dp5dt - beta #2 - 3494!

#99 CeeCee

CeeCee
  • Global 100+
  • 190 posts

Posted 28 January 2016 - 04:32 PM

Mel 15 - they called me. They said that the OHIP consents are intended to go out in advance of the calls but sometimes they get a bit behind in sending them (so some people might receive them the same day of their phone call). They confirmed the calls themselves happen in the exact order of the waitlist. So I guess once you get your form you could be getting your call that day, or within a week like me. I'm guessing it will happen very soon!

May 7 - CD1 

June 5 - Beta... BFN

Aug 5 - CD1

DD born in May

March 7 - CD1

#100 Mimi_045

Mimi_045
  • 84 posts
  • Dx:Endometriosis

Posted 28 January 2016 - 10:12 PM

hello everyone,

I have a question... how long did the testing take for you? I originally booked my first appointment for November 2015 (had never been to the fertility centre) and they've been testing us ever since. They discovered another issue potentially with my husband and so they are testing him again (to make sure it was an accurate finding). I am just really upset because they still haven't had me sign the consent form. Is this normal? how long did it take everyone else to get on the waiting list? Would you say something to your doctor? 

Anyone sign in January? Do you know when you'll be starting Ivf... it appears the list is pretty long now.

Happy a lot of you ladies will be starting Ivf soon. Wishing you all the best!! :)