Anyone signed their IVF consent after the funding was announced? - Page 30 - Ottawa Fertility Centre - IVF.ca Forums

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Anyone signed their IVF consent after the funding was announced?

• Please log in to reply
779 replies to this topic

#726 RosieB

RosieB
  • 16 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor
  • My Clinic:OFC

Posted 18 November 2016 - 09:06 AM

Positive vibes Laurwin!!! :)
  • Wen1218 likes this

#727 Laurwin

Laurwin
  • 13 posts
  • Dx:N/A

Posted 22 November 2016 - 12:02 PM

Well.. I was driving myself crazy not knowing, Saturday I POAS (I have a lot of the cheap, dip stick ones laying around from the past few years, got like 200 on amazon when we started this journey) it was negative. Pretty discouraged even though I knew 5dp5dt was still too early. I skipped Sunday but Monday morning got up and tried again, I saw a FAINT second line... I panicked and grabbed the box of First Response tests I had waiting for later this week. I used it. a BFP on 7dp5dt!! My beta is this Friday.. so I know it's still early. A bit afraid to start celebrating but first time i've EVER seen those 2 pink lines!!! (I can't figure out how to attach a pic...)

Hope everyone is hanging in and doing well! What a roller coaster this has been! HAD to share!yahoo.gif

• s00n, amp77, Kadima and 3 others like this

IVF #1 - November 14,2017

1 fresh 5 day transfer, 2 frozen

DD born August 2,2018

Natural FET  - September 21, 2019

1 5dt FET

#728 Mimi_045

Mimi_045
  • 84 posts
  • Dx:Endometriosis

Posted 22 November 2016 - 12:59 PM

Laurwin!! Congratss!! Yay I am SO happy for you.

Did you figure out how to attach the pic?

Exciting about your Beta Friday!

#729 amp77

amp77
  • 1000+
  • 2746 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained

Posted 22 November 2016 - 01:48 PM

Amazing news!!!  Hoping for a strong Beta!

Age 40, DH 44 in Oct.

TTC on and off since 2007 before our second IVF, in 2014, brought us our beautiful son and our first FET brought us our second son in 2017.  Our family is complete!

IVF #1 - April 2014 - BFN - no frosties

IVF #2 - July 2014 - BFP - 5B-AB and 4 frosties (5B-BB, 2x4B-BB and 3B-BB)

Apr. 13, 2015 - Daniel Erik was born at 5:05 am, weight 8 lbs, 13 oz, and 22" long.  He is perfect in every way.

FET #1 - September 2016 - BFP - 5B-BB and 3 frosties (2x4B-BB and 3B-BB)

June 18, 2017 - Matthew William was born at 2:46 am, weight 8 lbs, 11 oz and 21" long.  He is perfect in every way too!

#730 Laurwin

Laurwin
  • 13 posts

Posted 22 November 2016 - 03:46 PM

Thank You so much ladies!!!! Looking forward to Beta as well to get the official word! Going to take another FR tomorrow morning just ease my mind a bit :) 

Don't know what I would have done with this thread to get through the past few years! We're all so lucky to have each other to lean on ajigl.gif

• amp77, lilkitkat and Wen1218 like this

IVF #1 - November 14,2017

1 fresh 5 day transfer, 2 frozen

DD born August 2,2018

Natural FET  - September 21, 2019

1 5dt FET

#731 Wen1218

Wen1218
  • Global 100+
  • 132 posts
  • My Clinic:OFC in 2016 / MFC in 2017 / none now

Posted 22 November 2016 - 04:33 PM

Thank You so much ladies!!!! Looking forward to Beta as well to get the official word! Going to take another FR tomorrow morning just ease my mind a bit smile.png

Don't know what I would have done with this thread to get through the past few years! We're all so lucky to have each other to lean on ajigl.gif

Hi Laurwin - congrats!!!! so happy for you!!!

If you want to attach a picture, you can click on the "More Reply Options" button at the most right bottom corner of the screen. Then you will see the option to attach files. I am not sure if you can see this button on your cell phone or ipad. I definitely see it when I use my computer.

#732 lilkitkat

lilkitkat
  • 87 posts

Posted 23 November 2016 - 11:26 AM

Congrats Lauwrin that's wonderful !!!

Mommy To Be, IVF-er, Fur mama, Wife, Occasional Optimist, Part-time Believer, Full-Time Over Achiever.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Our Journey..

07'14 - TTC since

08'15 - Joined OFC

Diagnosed w/Male factor & Possible Tubal

28'1'16 - Officially added on funded wait-list (IVF.ICSI)

17'8'16 - Signed Consents

14'10'16 - Scheduling Visit

21'10'16 - Short Antagonist Protocol

13F-8E-5F ♥ Transferred one beautiful B5AA ✽ 1 Frosty B5BB

BETA#1 592 ... BETA#2 1287 Miracle Baby EDD July 26 2017 

var pid = parseInt(2277962); if ( pid > ipb.topic.topPid ){ ipb.topic.topPid = pid; } // Show multiquote for JS browsers if ( $('multiq_2277962') ) { $('multiq_2277962').show(); } if( $('toggle_post_2277962') ) { $('toggle_post_2277962').show(); } // Add perm data ipb.topic.deletePerms[2277962] = { 'canDelete' : 0, 'canSoftDelete' : 0 };

#733 Noivf

Noivf
  • 17 posts

Posted 03 December 2016 - 04:40 PM

Hi
I wonder if anyone know if you loose the place in the waiting list after you have miscaariage.

I got pregnant with paid cycle while waiting but I lost the baby after 4 month pregnancy. Do I start waiting from 0 for another 9 month or 1 year? If so, sounds like I probably will never have chance to get the funded cycle unless I don't do any paid cycle during waiting.

#734 Mimi_045

Mimi_045
  • 84 posts

Posted 03 December 2016 - 04:44 PM

Hey!

I'm so sorry you miscarried. You shouldn't lose your place in line, especially if you discussed it with your doctor first. Dr. Haebe and I discussed this all, when I got pregnant and later unfortunately miscarried, he had told me that they keep you on the list until 4 or 5 months I can't remember which. Did you ask them to keep you on the list? I had and so they did. I miscarried at 8 weeks and I was simply delayed a bit.

Wishing us all Goodluck and hoping we all get pregnant, God Willing :).

#735 Noivf

Noivf
  • 17 posts

Posted 04 December 2016 - 04:30 PM

Hi Mimi_045,

Thanks for your reply. I got an email in Sept saying I was on the top of the list but because they found I was pregnant so I was removed from the list. I just found out this email yesterday when I searched all emails from OFC. I talked to the doctor's secetary on friday and she told me that OFC has new process to get onto the list which you need watch videos and send the quiz to a certain email address in order to be placed in the list. She told me if I want to have funded cycle I need to do those. I think I have done these already in March.

I guess I will talk to my doctor about this. I have been already very sad about loosing the baby after all cycles. Just had d&e procedure last week and now I have to deal with this. I know I wont start a new cycle at least for another 3,4 months, but I dont want to be at the bottom of the list. So sad...

#736 amp77

amp77
  • 1000+
  • 2746 posts

Posted 04 December 2016 - 09:38 PM

Noivf - I am so sorry for your loss :(

I am 13 weeks pregnant from a FET and we are on the list for IVF.  She said we aren't removed from the list and to call if something happens with the pregnancy.

I would call first time tomorrow.

*hugs*

Age 40, DH 44 in Oct.

TTC on and off since 2007 before our second IVF, in 2014, brought us our beautiful son and our first FET brought us our second son in 2017.  Our family is complete!

Apr. 13, 2015 - Daniel Erik was born at 5:05 am, weight 8 lbs, 13 oz, and 22" long.  He is perfect in every way.

June 18, 2017 - Matthew William was born at 2:46 am, weight 8 lbs, 11 oz and 21" long.  He is perfect in every way too!

#737 Noivf

Noivf
  • 17 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 02:18 PM

Thanks amp77. Congratulations to you.

I had a chance to talk to one of the nurse. She is nice and she talked this to the manager and they agreed to put me back to where I were in the list for my case. But she said it probably wont start the cycle until May which is fine for me. I need a few months to recover.

Feel a bit relieve now. Just to share this with everyone. You may want to ask the clinic to keep you on the list for a few month until your pregnancy is totally good, though I wish everyone here have a successful pregnancy and don't need go through this.

Good luck to everyone.
  • s00n, amp77 and Kadima like this

#738 Waitingformiracle

Waitingformiracle
  • Just Hatched
  • 2 posts
  • My Clinic:Ottawa

Posted 16 December 2016 - 11:48 AM

Hi everyone! I'm new to the forum. We did our funded ivf in October but it ended in a freeze all due to OHSS. We did our mock cycle and I just got the call yesterday that our chart is being sent to the scheduling nurse for an unmediated FET. Any idea how long the current wait is for FET? Did anyone hear from a nurse quickly? Thanks for your help! I feel so alone in this journey - so glad to have come across this forum 😊

#739 amp77

amp77
  • 1000+
  • 2746 posts

Posted 16 December 2016 - 12:40 PM

Hi everyone! I'm new to the forum. We did our funded ivf in October but it ended in a freeze all due to OHSS. We did our mock cycle and I just got the call yesterday that our chart is being sent to the scheduling nurse for an unmediated FET. Any idea how long the current wait is for FET? Did anyone hear from a nurse quickly? Thanks for your help! I feel so alone in this journey - so glad to have come across this forum

I did a paid, unmedicated, FET.  And it just depends on how busy they are on the week you would expect to transfer.  I had my call a few days after the nurse was sent my chart (in July), August was full and I did my FET in Sept.  They have a shut down for part of Christmas but, if they call before the break, hopefully you could cycle in Feb!

Age 40, DH 44 in Oct.

#740 Abrianna

Abrianna
  • Global 100+
  • 357 posts
  • My Clinic:Hannam

Posted 16 December 2016 - 10:43 PM

Waitingforamiracle: I am no longer with OFC so I don't know for sure what is happening with funded cycles. I have seen some posts recently on another social media group that OFC has run out of funding for this fiscal year and girls have had their funded cycles delayed till April 2017. I don't know if this necessarily impacts funded FETs though. From what another clinic told us, the clinic gets a lump sum of money per IVF cycle regardless of whether it results in a transfer or FET. So FETs are basically done at clinics own expense as there is no additional funding for them. Based on that and the fact that you have already done a mock cycle I would assume you will not be waiting long. Hope you hear something shortly and it works!

Me:33 DH:37 Dx MFI

Ottawa Fertility Centre:

IUI#1 Feb 2016: gonal-f/centrotide
1.5mil post wash BFN

IUI#2 April 2016: gonal-f/centrotide
400,000 post wash BFN

IVF#1 July 2016:long agonist protocol(bcp/suprefact, gonal-f 150iu, Ovidrel)

AFC 28, 12 retrieved 8 mature, 1 fertilized with ICSI BFP ended in CP

IVF #2 Nov 2016:long agonist protocol(gonal-f 125 iu and luveris 75 added)

AFC 18, 3 eggs retrieved 2 mature, total ICSI failure

Hannam Fertility:
IVF#3 July 2017: Antagonist protocol( gonal-f, menopur, centrotide, double lupron trigger)

AFC 32, 17 eggs retrieved, 14 mature 6 eggs frozen as back up, 8 PICSI 3 fertilized and arrested at morula/stage 2 blast.

IVF#3.5 Thawed 6 eggs for fertilization with PICSI and AOA. 2 out 6 thawed, 1 fertilized and arrested day 3.

Final diagnosis of severe male factor with sperm head defect and unexplained egg cytoplasm dysfunction. Moving onto known embryo donation!

Create Fertility (Donor Embryos):

FET#1: December 2018 BFN

FET#2: February 2018 BFP

#741 Murried

Murried
  • Global 100+
  • 382 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 01:40 PM

Hi everyone! I'm new to the forum. We did our funded ivf in October but it ended in a freeze all due to OHSS. We did our mock cycle and I just got the call yesterday that our chart is being sent to the scheduling nurse for an unmediated FET. Any idea how long the current wait is for FET? Did anyone hear from a nurse quickly? Thanks for your help! I feel so alone in this journey - so glad to have come across this forum

Waiting -  Welcome to the site, I find it's a really great place for support or to answer any questions you may have. This is basically the same thing that happened to me, but I did my retrieval back in July. Although we did 2 mock cycles just to make sure my #'s were high enough to do unmedicated. We got our results mid Oct. and my chart was passed down to scheduling nurse, they called me within a matter of days, and told me it would be scheduled for Dec. but to still call with my next day 1. I did, but Nov. was really booked, so I was to call with my next CD1. Natural FET was really easy, you call with your day 1, they call you back and tell you when to start coming in for daily blood tests, and 1 lining check until you surge, then depending on how old your frosty is (3 or 5), you transfer so many days post surge. I just had my transfer on Saturday, so now officially 2dp6dt. I'm calling it 6 days, because I know they waited until the end of day 5 before freezing and they pull the embryo out the night before transfer. Good luck, I'm sure you'll get your call soon. 

Update: I just read that as of now Dec. 20th, all funding for IVF and FET's are on hold until the new fiscal year, I believe that is April. 

See my About Me page.

#742 Murried

Murried
  • Global 100+
  • 382 posts

Posted 21 December 2016 - 10:02 AM

Waitingforamiracle: I am no longer with OFC so I don't know for sure what is happening with funded cycles. I have seen some posts recently on another social media group that OFC has run out of funding for this fiscal year and girls have had their funded cycles delayed till April 2017. I don't know if this necessarily impacts funded FETs though. From what another clinic told us, the clinic gets a lump sum of money per IVF cycle regardless of whether it results in a transfer or FET. So FETs are basically done at clinics own expense as there is no additional funding for them. Based on that and the fact that you have already done a mock cycle I would assume you will not be waiting long. Hope you hear something shortly and it works!

FET's are also postponed, which doesn't really make sense if its out of pocket for the clinic. Either way, its unfortunate. 

See my About Me page.

#743 Abrianna

Abrianna
  • Global 100+
  • 357 posts
  • My Clinic:Hannam

Posted 21 December 2016 - 10:13 AM

FET's are also postponed, which doesn't really make sense if its out of pocket for the clinic. Either way, its unfortunate. 

Yeah it doesn't make any sense at all. I was only given the information from Dr Hannam on how the funding is paided out as he was explaining why OFC is cutting corners with blood work which in our case was a huge issue. We were also discussing why we did not choose to freeze our extra eggs separately as there is nothing in the funding guidelines that would prevent that. Pretty frustrating to hear that after what OFC told us.
  • Murried and Wen1218 like this

Me:33 DH:37 Dx MFI

Ottawa Fertility Centre:

IUI#1 Feb 2016: gonal-f/centrotide
1.5mil post wash BFN

IUI#2 April 2016: gonal-f/centrotide
400,000 post wash BFN

IVF#1 July 2016:long agonist protocol(bcp/suprefact, gonal-f 150iu, Ovidrel)

AFC 28, 12 retrieved 8 mature, 1 fertilized with ICSI BFP ended in CP

IVF #2 Nov 2016:long agonist protocol(gonal-f 125 iu and luveris 75 added)

AFC 18, 3 eggs retrieved 2 mature, total ICSI failure

Hannam Fertility:
IVF#3 July 2017: Antagonist protocol( gonal-f, menopur, centrotide, double lupron trigger)

AFC 32, 17 eggs retrieved, 14 mature 6 eggs frozen as back up, 8 PICSI 3 fertilized and arrested at morula/stage 2 blast.

IVF#3.5 Thawed 6 eggs for fertilization with PICSI and AOA. 2 out 6 thawed, 1 fertilized and arrested day 3.

Final diagnosis of severe male factor with sperm head defect and unexplained egg cytoplasm dysfunction. Moving onto known embryo donation!

Create Fertility (Donor Embryos):

FET#1: December 2018 BFN

FET#2: February 2018 BFP

#744 Waitingformiracle

Waitingformiracle
  • Just Hatched
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 December 2016 - 10:45 AM

Thanks for all the information! This is really disappointing if we're going to have to wait until April for our FET. I wonder if we can pay for it ourselves.

#745 Murried

Murried
  • Global 100+
  • 382 posts

Posted 21 December 2016 - 12:29 PM

Thanks for all the information! This is really disappointing if we're going to have to wait until April for our FET. I wonder if we can pay for it ourselves.

You can, but if you opt to pay, you forego your funding for all transfers. I guess it depends how many you have and if it makes sense to go that route. 

See my About Me page.

#746 RosieB

RosieB
  • 16 posts

Posted 31 December 2016 - 08:38 AM

Hi girls,

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas!!

Since I will have to wait until April to start my process, my husband and I have decided to go on a honeymoon to pass the time and get our spirits up. Also, we have 2 good friends and my sister who announced their pregnancies in Dec, it can be tough!
Anyone traveled while waiting for IVF? I called the clinic to ask questions about this and the nurse didn't seem too enthusiastic about it and kind of ended it with if you travel anywhere with zika you will be delaying your process instead of being more helpful as to where we CAN go. We had asked dr Haebe about Hawaii and he said not a good idea even though there is no local zika cases there ? He suggested the Mediterranean Sea but it's cold there this time of year and very pricey... Should we just wait to travel all together? Any suggestions or if you have traveled anywhere recently and it didn't delay your process let me know :)

Ps happy new year!! ( I will be pregnant in 2017!!!!! :) )

#747 Murried

Murried
  • Global 100+
  • 382 posts

Posted 31 December 2016 - 10:07 AM

Hi girls,

Since I will have to wait until April to start my process, my husband and I have decided to go on a honeymoon to pass the time and get our spirits up. Also, we have 2 good friends and my sister who announced their pregnancies in Dec, it can be tough!
Anyone traveled while waiting for IVF? I called the clinic to ask questions about this and the nurse didn't seem too enthusiastic about it and kind of ended it with if you travel anywhere with zika you will be delaying your process instead of being more helpful as to where we CAN go. We had asked dr Haebe about Hawaii and he said not a good idea even though there is no local zika cases there ? He suggested the Mediterranean Sea but it's cold there this time of year and very pricey... Should we just wait to travel all together? Any suggestions or if you have traveled anywhere recently and it didn't delay your process let me know smile.png

Ps happy new year!! ( I will be pregnant in 2017!!!!! smile.png )

RosieB - Did they give you an idea of when you'll be starting treatment.  I know with OFC, if you travel anywhere where zika is present, or even a possibility they will not treat you for 6 months. 

See my About Me page.

#748 NMS125

NMS125
  • 39 posts
  • Dx:Other

Posted 06 January 2017 - 06:25 PM

Hi girls,
Anyone traveled while waiting for IVF? I called the clinic to ask questions about this and the nurse didn't seem too enthusiastic about it and kind of ended it with if you travel anywhere with zika you will be delaying your process instead of being more helpful as to where we CAN go. We had asked dr Haebe about Hawaii and he said not a good idea even though there is no local zika cases there ? He suggested the Mediterranean Sea but it's cold there this time of year and very pricey... Should we just wait to travel all together? Any suggestions or if you have traveled anywhere recently and it didn't delay your process let me know :)
Ps happy new year!! ( I will be pregnant in 2017!!!!! :) )

From experience I was in Florida in June/July and the OFC didn't want to do my first IUI when I got back because of locally transmitted Zika in Miami. I was staying one hour away from Miami. We had to stop TTC for 6 months. I am giving myself another month so February will be my first IUI. I was told my IVF will be in June but I'll call in April to reconfirmed this again. I know it's sucks because we travel twice a year. I am thinking maybe Vegas in March. But I'll have to check with them.

We all gonna get knocked up in 2017!!
ME : 39 yrs old, DH: 42
TTC #1 since June 2015
1 ovary
IUI #1 - February 13, 2017
And it worked!

#749 LifeUnpaged

LifeUnpaged
  • Global 100+
  • 139 posts
  • Dx:Genetic
  • My Clinic:Ottawa Fertility Centre

Posted 23 January 2017 - 09:45 AM

Hi Ladies, 

I thought I'd hop on and update. This has been a looong journey for us so far. I am happy to say our PGD re-biopsy was a success and we are nearly ready for transfer. The next step for us is a mock cycle this month. I should be calling with my day one tomorrow then over the course of this cycle I have blood tests and ultrasounds to make sure everything is good. We are looking at a possible transfer the cycle after this so we are hoping to transfer in March!

• amp77, Murried and Wen1218 like this

Undergoing IVF with PGD to prevent passing on Neurofibromatosis Type 1

Emoticons09780.gif

heart.gif Our Journey:heart.gif 

• ??/??/10 -  I am diagnosed with Neurofibromatosis Type 1, we discover I have a 50% chance of passing it on. Upon learning more about the   disorder we decide IVF with PGD would be our route to have kids in order to prevent passing it on. We consult with Dr. Haebe at  OFC to learn more, but aren't yet ready to start. We make a plan to save up.
  • 06/02/12 - Our Wedding Day!
  • 12/??/15 - Ontario announced funded IVF cycles, we can get the ball rolling!
  • 11/25/15 - Consultation @ OFC.
  • 01/08/16 - IVF and PGD Consent Signed for Ontario Funded Cycle. (We pay for the PGD)
  • 01/14/16 - Nurses received chart, put on wait list for funded IVF. 
  • 05/26/16 - Name came up on wait list, OHIP consents received! 
  • 09/21/16 - Genesis completed gene probe, ready for embies! Awaiting call from scheduling nurse.
  • 09/30/16 - Start BCP for 21 days, Booked to start Stims (Antagonist Protocol) on October 28th
  • 10/28/16 - Start Gonal F pen injections 150 iu
  • 11/07/16 - Egg retrieval, 34 eggs retrieved, 17 mature 
  • 11/08/16 - 12 eggs fertilized, letting them grow to day 5
  • 11/13/16 -  5 embryos biopsied and frozen - awaiting PGD testing results
  • 12/??/16 -  One embryo tested positive for Neurofobromatosis gene mutation. Genesis to re-biopsy to ensure probe is working
  • 01/12/17 -  Results for re-biopsy received, meeting with Dr. Haebe tomorrow to discuss.
  • 01/13/17 - Results are good, mock cycle is the next step before transferring one of our 4 healthy embabies!
  • 01/13/17 - All is well with the mick cycle, nurses called. Next step is to call with late March day 1 and then blood tests until I surge, then ultrasound. We are looking at transfer the week of April 10th.
  • 03/28/17 - Called in CD1 - final round of testing before transfer is about to begin!
  • 04/13/17 - SURGE! Transfer will be April 17 yahoo.gif 
  • 04/17/17 - Transferred day 5 blast, icon_stickyvibespink.gif  BETA will be May 1
  • 4/24/17 - 7dp5dt poas and got a faint positive!  Emoticons01015.gif th_abfp.gif
  • 05/01/17 - Beta results are in (925) we are officially pregnant! stork-baby.gif

#750 Murried

Murried
  • Global 100+
  • 382 posts

Posted 29 January 2017 - 11:33 AM

Are funded FET's up and running again? 

See my About Me page.