No replies to this topic

#1 WendyMtl

WendyMtl
  • 26 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor
  • My Clinic:McGill

Posted 22 September 2015 - 02:08 PM

Hello Everyone! 

I saw that there was a McGill thread, but it seems like it's kinda fizzled out, so maybe we can start a fresh one. 

I'm 34years old, about to embark on my first IVF journey, due to MF(balanced translocation). DF is also 34, we have been trying for over a year, and our RPL panel showed everything else is good, it was the Karotype testing that had us sent straight to IVF. I asked if we would try IUI first, but they said not even an option, because of the BT. So here we are,waiting for our first consult next week. We are going to be in a research study for IVF with PGD. Our dr was Dr. Buckett, who has now referred us to this PGD study. I don't know if that means that we will be followed just by the docs running the study or if we get to keep Dr Buckett, but we'll find all of that next week. It's a pretty scary journey to face alone, I'd like to talk to people that are going through it at the same time. DF is kinda going through it with me, but not nearly as "all in" as I'll have to be.. 

Hope to "meet" some new people on here soon :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: McGill, IVF, IVM, IUI, Montreal, fertility, RVH