• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Courtney83013

Courtney83013
  • 15 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor

Posted 17 September 2015 - 07:14 AM

Hey there,
I am having a consult in October to do a ivf/icsi cycle. We had a successful cycle 3 years ago at AART and now have a daughter. I am just curious if anyone can give me any insight on a time frame. If we know we need to do icsi bc of past ivf does hd have to have a sperm analysis? Do we get to skip any steps bc we have done this before? From initial consult to start/finish of 6 week cycle, what was time frame? Any info is great!
Thanks in advance
Me-29 R ovary removed at 21 bc cyst and torsion
DH-29 low sperm

IVF/ICSI #1 at AART halifax fall 2012
ER-dec5, 2012 16 eggs retrieved, 13 injected, 5 fertilized,
ET-dec 8,2012 day 3 transfer , 2 embryos. Non to freeze
OHSS-dec 9,2012 week in hospital
BFP-dec21
Emergency cerclage at 21 weeks. Bedrest for 20 weeks. Induced at 40 weeks 2 days.
Healthy baby girl August 30

IVF #2
Consult at conceptia Oct 2015

#2 Patiently Waiting

Patiently Waiting
  • 77 posts
  • My Clinic:Conceptia

Posted 20 September 2015 - 10:42 AM

Hi Courtney,

I am currently doing my first IVF with ICSI at  Conceptia.  We had our consult then it took about 5 weeks before all initial bloodwork/tests come back. Some of our blood work needed further testing so we waited a few more weeks for those results to come in. Then due to summer and staff being off our cycle was pushed to sept/oct.  Usually once tests come back,  If they are good then you move onto your protocol pretty quickly.

My DH had failed Vasectomy reversal and we still had to do SA at clinic even though we had 4 previous  SA from our urologist.  Their procedure for SA is more detailed then most labs.  We have to do the TESA procedure and they wanted to ensure there was nothing there to use. I am under the impression they always do a SA.. but  Since this is not your first cycle maybe you will not have to. If your husband has diagnosis/ past tests supports the need of IVF with ICSI then they may  just recommend that again.

As far as initial tests go  you will most likely have to repeat those as it has been 3 years. The tests take time to come back and will feel like  its a waste of time when you are waiting to start but Conceptia is so thorough and wants to make sure everything is good and you are in perfect health before starting your cycle  to ensure you have best chance at success.   Wait time is usually minimal once your results are back  things seem to move pretty quickly  and you start your cycle after next AF. Hope you have great experience and success at Conceptia!

• Courtney83013 likes this

Me: 29 ( no children) DH: 36 ( 2 children, aged 10 and 12)

DX: Male Factor

Clinic: Conceptia

March 2014: Vasectomy reversal

September 2015: Vasectomy reversal deemed unsuccessful after many SA. No sperm present at all.

January 2015: Referral to Conceptia

April 1 2015: Consultation at Conceptia.

TX: IVF with ICSI

April 7-9 2015: Initial blood work for  DH and remaining blood work for myself.
April 13.15: clinic called. My PPT test came back slightly elevated. Wait for referral to Oncologist. Prior to moving on to Mock Transfer.

April 28,15: Met with Oncologist regarding elevated PPT. Retesting and hoping original test was false positive.

April 28, 15: SA for DH at Conceptia.

April 30, 15: Call from Oncologist office. False Positive for PPT. Thank God!

May 4,15: Cycle on hold. My Insulin came back slightly elevated. Prescribed Metformin for 6 weeks then retest on June 15.

May 8,14: Consult for DH with Urologist who will do the TESA. Urologist agreed to do TESA on DH.

June 15, 15: Re-test insulin levels to determine if we can start cycle.

July 28,15: Mock Transfer

Sept/Oct,15: IVF #1

Aug 22,15: Started BCP

Sept 18, 15: Teaching appointment at clinic

Sept 23,15 Injections

Oct 15,15: DH TESA

Oct 17,15: Egg Retrieval- Left Ovary is to high to retrieve from. 5 eggs from right side.

Oct 18,15: 4 mature eggs ICSI. Only 2 fertilized.

Oct 20,15: 3 day transfer of our only two embryos. ( 8 cell (grade 1) and a 7 cell ( grade 2).

Nov 3, 15: BFN Beta -1 :(

#3 Courtney83013

Courtney83013
  • 15 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 06:47 AM

Do you remeber what was tested exactly for Bloodwork with you and dh? I'm thinking of getting family doc to order Bloodwork so it's all ready for apt.
Me-29 R ovary removed at 21 bc cyst and torsion
DH-29 low sperm

IVF/ICSI #1 at AART halifax fall 2012
ER-dec5, 2012 16 eggs retrieved, 13 injected, 5 fertilized,
ET-dec 8,2012 day 3 transfer , 2 embryos. Non to freeze
OHSS-dec 9,2012 week in hospital
BFP-dec21
Emergency cerclage at 21 weeks. Bedrest for 20 weeks. Induced at 40 weeks 2 days.
Healthy baby girl August 30

IVF #2
Consult at conceptia Oct 2015

#4 Patiently Waiting

Patiently Waiting
  • 77 posts
  • My Clinic:Conceptia

Posted 23 September 2015 - 02:30 PM

In the  referral for consultation that you have your DR fill out and send in it has list of different blood work to do prior. They really speeds things up. If you can have it all done  and results to Conceptia before going for consult. I

Me: 29 ( no children) DH: 36 ( 2 children, aged 10 and 12)

DX: Male Factor

Clinic: Conceptia

March 2014: Vasectomy reversal

September 2015: Vasectomy reversal deemed unsuccessful after many SA. No sperm present at all.

January 2015: Referral to Conceptia

April 1 2015: Consultation at Conceptia.

TX: IVF with ICSI

April 7-9 2015: Initial blood work for  DH and remaining blood work for myself.
April 13.15: clinic called. My PPT test came back slightly elevated. Wait for referral to Oncologist. Prior to moving on to Mock Transfer.

April 28,15: Met with Oncologist regarding elevated PPT. Retesting and hoping original test was false positive.

April 28, 15: SA for DH at Conceptia.

April 30, 15: Call from Oncologist office. False Positive for PPT. Thank God!

May 4,15: Cycle on hold. My Insulin came back slightly elevated. Prescribed Metformin for 6 weeks then retest on June 15.

May 8,14: Consult for DH with Urologist who will do the TESA. Urologist agreed to do TESA on DH.

June 15, 15: Re-test insulin levels to determine if we can start cycle.

July 28,15: Mock Transfer

Sept/Oct,15: IVF #1

Aug 22,15: Started BCP

Sept 18, 15: Teaching appointment at clinic

Sept 23,15 Injections

Oct 15,15: DH TESA

Oct 17,15: Egg Retrieval- Left Ovary is to high to retrieve from. 5 eggs from right side.

Oct 18,15: 4 mature eggs ICSI. Only 2 fertilized.

Oct 20,15: 3 day transfer of our only two embryos. ( 8 cell (grade 1) and a 7 cell ( grade 2).

Nov 3, 15: BFN Beta -1 :(