4 replies to this topic

#1 Tapioca

Tapioca
  • 17 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:Olive

Posted 16 September 2015 - 12:43 PM

Hello everyone,
After seeing my Dr a couple times, she made some suggestions and we tended to choose iui to try first. We are going to see Dr to let her know our decision . Since we have been seeing her in Surrey location and she has said it will be done in surrey by a nurse ( unless on the weekend or nurse is on vacation, then it will be in vancouver) . Anyone has experience in Surrey location? I am kind of hesitate as the location is quite new and sounds like there is only one person (nurse) to perform iui. How is the experience in Vancouver location? Is it done by nurses or doctors? Is it the nurse to wash the sperm or other lab staff?

Thanks!

#2 smurfette_w

smurfette_w
  • Cyclebase
  • 2457 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor

Posted 16 September 2015 - 04:48 PM

i believe IUIs are typically done by nurses at Genesis, so I wouldnt be surprised if they are done by nurses at Olive as well.  I wouldnt worry too much about the facilities or the fact that there is only one nurse, IUIs are very simple.

Good luck!

Me: genetic issues
DH: genetic issues, MFI

TTC since Summer 2009

See my profile for details

#3 Brokenhearted

Brokenhearted
  • Global 100+
  • 497 posts

Posted 16 September 2015 - 11:07 PM

Yes my IUI was done by a nurse in Vancouver.  My husband gave his sample, the lab processed it and two hours later we came back for the insemination.  I have only ever had a consult at the Surrey office, but I'm certain that the drs wouldn't provide service that wasn't top notch.  I wouldn't be worried about it all.  Good luck with everything!

#4 karmapawz

karmapawz
  • Global 100+
  • 203 posts
  • My Clinic:Olive Fertility

Posted 17 September 2015 - 07:42 PM

I haven't used the Surrey location, but I had 9 IUI's before my IVF cycle & all were performed by a nurse. I don't believe the dr's do any of the IUI's only IVF. I've never had a problem with the nurses doing them. Good luck!

Me: 41, TTC #2

2005-2015: multiple IUI's, only 1 bfp which ended in m/c @ 6wks. 8388.gif

2015: IVF #1 (Puregon/Menopur/Orgalutran) th_abfp.gif Daughter born 02/2016

2017: FET #1 positive, but low heartrate & ended in m/c 8388.gif

2019: IVF #2 (Estrace/Puregon/Menopur/Orgalutran) w/CCS Testing

21 retrieved, 19 mature, 16 fertilized, 7 biopsied = 3 normal & 1 mosaic frozen

FET #2 - February 2019

02/10: transferred 1 day six 5bb embryo

02/14: 4dp6dt th_abfp.gif

03/08: u/s #1 - 6w3d [email protected]

03/28: u/s #2 - 9w2d [email protected]

04/17: first midwife appt

#5 Tapioca

Tapioca
  • 17 posts

Posted 02 October 2015 - 09:55 PM

Thanks for the replies. I just did my first iui in Surrey location. The nurse was very friendly and professional. She could tell I was very nervous about it and comforted me. The part I worried the most was speculum insertion. It hurt me so much during pap test and hsg. But this time was not too bad. The whole process took prob 5 minutes or less. So if anyone live close to the area and want to get iui done, could consider to do it there.
  • smurfette_w likes this