#1 Someday

Someday
  • Global 100+
  • 239 posts
  • Dx:Immunological
  • My Clinic:Markham

Posted 13 September 2015 - 10:24 PM

Hi there

Recently I found out that my Intralipids therapy did not work and I'm having a hard time staying positive. wondering if anyone else has experienced this?

Wondering if anyone else out there had unsuccessful Intralipid therapy but then tried something else and went on to have a successful pregnancy?

Any success stories would be greatly appreciated

#2 north

north
  • Global 100+
  • 627 posts
  • Dx:N/A

Posted 13 September 2015 - 11:14 PM

Hi Someday,

Maybe you can give some more information about what your immune diagnosis is? Intrallipid therapy is for specific immune conditions and I wonder whether you might not yet have an accurate diagnosis or perhaps some information is missing about your immune issues. ? Immune diagnoses can be fairly complex and if only a part of your issue is being addressed, then other factors could be at play making it impossible for the intrallipids to do their job. 

north

• CdnHockeyGal likes this

#3 Someday

Someday
  • Global 100+
  • 239 posts

Posted 13 September 2015 - 11:29 PM

Hi there

Thanks for the response. I have had a full immune work up with my clinic who works with the Alan Beer Center (for immune stuff). My results indicted that I had elevated cytokines and low lads. I also completed 2 LIT's. The lads were successfully increased (by the lit) however the intralipds was not successful in lowering the cytokines.

#4 Someday

Someday
  • Global 100+
  • 239 posts

Posted 13 September 2015 - 11:31 PM

I also learned that I had some blood clotting issues. Aside from that, everything else appeared to be fine

#5 CdnHockeyGal

CdnHockeyGal
  • Super Moderator
  • 7094 posts
  • Interests:Hockey, baseball & travel
  • Dx:Other
  • My Clinic:Several in Canada & US

Posted 14 September 2015 - 12:55 AM

I also learned that I had some blood clotting issues. Aside from that, everything else appeared to be fine

Hi someday...are you referencing elevated APAs? I have elevated APAs which is a clotting disorder. Any protocol for me would also include fragmin (blood thinners) and steroids in addition to intrallipids.
It was long, awful & hard. We got very lucky and didn't run out of both emotional and financial resources. We saw some of the most beautiful of people in our lowest moments. Baby Girl arrived Apr 10/2018

#6 Dori77

Dori77
  • Global 100+
  • 702 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Skiing, Dogs.
  • Dx:Unexplained

Posted 14 September 2015 - 07:52 AM

Hi there - yes we did testing through Allan Beer and I was diagnosed with immune issues. We did all the immune treatments and my IVF did not work. I then went on to have a child without any treatments. I'm not saying stop your treatments at all, most people do need the treatments.

I'm just saying there is lots of hope! So don't give up. Stay strong and keep trying. 

Me 38 & DH 40 TTC since July 2008

March 2009: m/c

July 2009: m/c

April 2010: BFP - Sadly Baby diagnosed with Cystic Hygoma and Trisomy 21. D&E at 16 weeks

Oct 2010: m/c due to Trisomy #3

March 2011: m/c

IVF#1 - September 2011 with PGD on my eggs (Chemical)

March 2012 - Septum Surgery for uterine septum & immune testing with Allan Beer & treatments

IVF#2 - July 2012 (BFN)

December 2012 - Surgery to remove uterine adhesions from previous D&C

IVF#3 - February 2013 (Chemical) - 5 blast frosties

April 2013 - Natural BFP Perfect Baby boy born January 2014 !

R2tVm5.png

TTC #2

February 2015 - FET (BFN)

May 2015 IUI#1 (BFN)

August 2015 IUI#2 - BFP !!!

November 2015 - Panorama results are in and we are team PINK !!!​

Beautiful Baby Girl born May 22, 2016
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

#7 Someday

Someday
  • Global 100+
  • 239 posts

Posted 14 September 2015 - 08:16 AM

Thanks everyone

I understand that treatments and ivf are never certain and that often they do not work.

I guess I'm wondering if specifically there are people out there who had elevated cytokines and used intralipids without it working. Wondering what their next course of action was.

#8 amazing grace

amazing grace
  • Global 100+
  • 748 posts

Posted 14 September 2015 - 02:14 PM

Intralipid therapy did not work for me either. Unfortunately it is a trial and error process. I hope you find your answer.

#9 Someday

Someday
  • Global 100+
  • 239 posts

Posted 14 September 2015 - 03:02 PM

Amazing Grace - did you try any further treatments after intralipids not working ?

#10 kimieg

kimieg
  • 68 posts
  • My Clinic:RFP (currently)

Posted 14 September 2015 - 04:22 PM

Hey Someday, 

Sorry you are not having any luck yet- I hope that changes for you soon. I am not sure if I have immune issues yet (plan to discuss this with RE at our failed IVF follow up). Do you mind me asking, did you have to pay out of pocket for the testing with Alan Beer Center? Or was it covered by the provincial plan? I am in Alberta, so I realize it might differ from province to province. 

ttc#2 since Mar 2013

Me-40, low AMH, subclinical low thyroid, all other tests 'normal', suspect endo (strong family history), DH 33 - low morp (1%)

Feb 2015- Femera- bfn

Mar 2015-Clomid - bfn

April 2015- Clomid- bfn

Aug/Sept 2015- 1st IVF- bfn (only 4 ER and only 2 Fertilized, transferred two 2d)

#11 Someday

Someday
  • Global 100+
  • 239 posts

Posted 14 September 2015 - 04:30 PM

Thanks Kimieg

Sadly all of the immune stuff (including testing) is out of pocket. None of it is covered by the provincial plan (in my case OHIP).

#12 amazing grace

amazing grace
  • Global 100+
  • 748 posts

Posted 14 September 2015 - 08:09 PM

Someday,

I had every immune testing under the sun and after spending almost one thousand dollars of my own money, tests came back negative for both my husband and I for everything. I switched clinics and am now at New Life. The only thing that worked for me was Neupogen. It is an injection done in the tummy. It is not cheap but is covered under my health plan. A little vival that lasts four days is $267.00. Unfortunately my pregnancy did not progress. I had to terminate at 15 weeks due to a neuro-tube defect but if it wasn't for that, I probably would still be pregnant. I don't know if it was the Neupogen or egg quality that finally worked because my other clinic was transferring cavitating morula's on day 5. We found out after New Life requested all the documents that the embryo's were not embryo's. You may want to talk to your RE about Neupogen, it could help you. Keep me posted.

#13 Someday

Someday
  • Global 100+
  • 239 posts

Posted 14 September 2015 - 08:46 PM

Amazing Grace,

First off, I'm very sorry for your loss :(

I actually just asked my clinic about prednisone and Neupogen. Im not sure he wants to use it for my next transfer but should my next one not work, I would be definitely pushing for it as I have read a lot of positive things leading to success.

#14 mountainchick

mountainchick
  • Global 100+
  • 614 posts
  • Dx:Other
  • My Clinic:VFC

Posted 15 September 2015 - 12:29 PM

My clinic often pairs a steroid like dexamethasone, medrol or prednisone with intralipid treatment. The steroid helps with implantation but not with NK numbers... But it doesn't hurt! I have an immune issue and the combination of these got me my BFP, although I have never tested my cytokines.

TTC since I was 28; Started fertility treatments at 35.

Dx: Male factor, Hashimotos, fibroids

April 2011-13 eggs retrieved: all dead except 1 immature egg that was ICSI'd; no embryos to transfer

Switched from Calgary RFP to VFC

IVF#2: November 2012, donor egg cycle- chemical pregnancy

FET#1: Feb 2013- m/c @ 6 weeks

Sept 2013: Abdominal myomectomy done. Giant fibroids removed with my uterus intact! I love Dr. Allaire!

January 2014: Surrogacy- FET cycle, BFN.

FET#2: May 2014-BFP

May 26 beta=335,  May 28 beta=812, May 30 beta=2004          

Baby girl born January 2015 heart.gif

#15 Kitty2011

Kitty2011
  • Global 100+
  • 206 posts
  • My Clinic:New Life Fertility

Posted 17 September 2015 - 01:06 PM

Neupogen worked for me. Intrallipids did not. Wishing you much success!

#16 Someday

Someday
  • Global 100+
  • 239 posts

Posted 18 September 2015 - 08:53 AM

Kitty

How was your neupogen administered?
  • Graceland likes this