#1 life is a journey

life is a journey
  • Just Hatched
  • 1 posts
  • Dx:PCOS
  • My Clinic:PCRM

Posted 13 September 2015 - 01:38 AM

Hi there,

After an unsuccessful cycle of IVF, we are looking at the CR as our next step. Probably going to use donor eggs and though I was entirely satisfied with the excellent treatment at my clinic (and amazing staff) we actually just can't afford to go through a US donor bank.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. We're looking at clinics in Prague, Brno and Zlin.

Thanks so much.

#2 LastTry

LastTry
  • Global 100+
  • 585 posts
  • Dx:N/A
  • My Clinic:KARMA (Canada) / CRM (CR)

Posted 13 September 2015 - 07:04 AM

you might want to go through this thread https://ivf.ca/forums...czech-republic/

Our choice was Zlin and I know some other ladies on this forum who were successfull there too (for some it took more than 1 trip)

We were happy with the clinic and can't believe that it worked

Good luck with your choice and wishing you the successful cycle there!

• ociwoman and ollie2013 like this

Me&DH 40+, 2 kids (teenagers),
3 miscarriages  (all 1st trimester natural pregnancies) 8388.gif8388.gif8388.gif 2010-2012
IUI and IVF with OE did not work for me
DE IVF - October 2014 th_abfp.gif
Baby boy arrives in June 2015!

#3 Sherry NV

Sherry NV
  • 16 posts
  • Dx:Other

Posted 25 September 2015 - 01:49 PM

Hi there, 

I'd recommend IVF  Zlin.   We spent several years in treatment here (PCRM Vancouver and then Victoria Fertility) with no luck.  We tried 1 DE cycle in Zlin and while it wasn't successful, we are going back in November to try again (age and uterus issues).   They were wonderful and very professional - the standard of care and level of treatment exceeded what we had in some of the clinics here.     Happy to answer any specific questions you might have.       Also, if you are willing to travel off season (our last was Jan/Feb, this time it's early Nov.), the travel costs, hotels etc. are very reasonable.  You can have a fantastic vacation and the treatment for less than a single cycle here.  

We looked at a lot of the clinics in Prague, Brno and Zlin.  We narrowed it down to Brno and Zlin based on a number of factors including costs and success rates (I had a massive spreadsheet going at one point!).  I spent hours reading the forums for both clinics but in the end went with my gut.  No regrets.

sr_northvancouver

me: 44   
dh:39
ttc 4 years

Years of unsuccessful IVF, moved on to DE. Implantation issues.

#4 Melle

Melle
  • Just Hatched
  • 2 posts
  • Dx:N/A

Posted 04 October 2015 - 07:25 PM

Hi there‚

I'm in the same boat. I'm wondering about Zlin, because I am 43 (44 in January), and want to use my own eggs. I don't see many stories from women like me on these boards. Has anyone used their own eggs at Zlin? Is it worth trying there? My own U.S. doctor would charge about $5k more, but of course I've been through it here before, so I am familiar with the process. So there's a little bit of comfort there, and I'm trying not to let it sway me in making this decision. It will be my last cycle. I don't really have the extra $5k, but could scare it up if it really was the better choice. So: Any great Zlin stories with own egg? Thanks!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: czech republic, overseas, donor eggs