Photo
- - - - -

Chinese medicine and herbs

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 momof2

momof2
  • 782 posts
  • Interests:Have a great husband, and 2 beautiful kids. We also have an Old English Sheepdog and 2 cats.

IVF gave me a 2nd chance to have more kids after a tubal ligation. We now have twin boys...Apr 8/2008
  • Dx:Tubal
  • My Clinic:Calgary

Posted 11 July 2007 - 04:24 PM

I was wondering for my husband...after reading your website...about detoxing.

Every morning he wakes up and literrally has a gagging reflux thing....and coughs up all this phegm...alot of it. He currently has a cough but not a cold...he has had bronchittis problems for years.

He has low engery, and wants to be more active, but everytime he tries to be active he gets coughy. So he has become quite lazy.

We try to eat a well balanced diet, we definitely could do better. He has a dudodeanum ulcer that flares up, and is always taking antacids. He is always stressed. He does have reg chiropractor appts to relieve the tension, and gets a massage there too.

Is there anything he can take in the herbs/medicines? Will accupuncture help him?

He is 37, and 150lbs approx...spends his day on a computer being a programmer.

Thank you and welcome to the board.
Posted Image

Married 11 years. Me 36 DH 39. 2 kids DD9 DS8 =D

Referred Nov 06, Calgary called Mar 07.
ER...Aug 7/07 ET...Aug 10/07
BFP...Beta #1 day 13 Aug23rd results...416
Beta #2 day 16 Aug 26th...1393
3D ultrasound 23 weeks, Jan 2/08, showed 2 BOYS.
Baby names: Fletcher Hayes and Bradford Robert
scheduled c-sec April 8th 2008 at 37 weeks
Twins arrived, on scheduled day. No NICU.
Fletcher was 6lbs 2oz
Bradford was 7lbs 5oz

#2 Dr.HongYan

Dr.HongYan

Acupuncturist

• Advisor
  • 355 posts
  • Dx:N/A

Posted 11 July 2007 - 11:29 PM

I was wondering for my husband...after reading your website...about detoxing.

Every morning he wakes up and literrally has a gagging reflux thing....and coughs up all this phegm...alot of it. He currently has a cough but not a cold...he has had bronchittis problems for years.

He has low engery, and wants to be more active, but everytime he tries to be active he gets coughy. So he has become quite lazy.

We try to eat a well balanced diet, we definitely could do better. He has a dudodeanum ulcer that flares up, and is always taking antacids. He is always stressed. He does have reg chiropractor appts to relieve the tension, and gets a massage there too.

Is there anything he can take in the herbs/medicines? Will accupuncture help him?

He is 37, and 150lbs approx...spends his day on a computer being a programmer.

Thank you and welcome to the board.

Hi there: your husband has two problems. One is bronchitis, according to TCM, we diagnosis it as either damp phlegm or phlegm heat (depending on the color of the sputum), with an underline of Spleen Qi deficiency. The other problem is ulcer, we diagnosis it as damp-heat or blood stasis (depending on the tongue picture). It must sound strange to you ;)
According to my experience, acupuncture works better in this situation because herbs can stimulate his stomach and make the ulcer worse. We diagnosis people according to his symptomes, tongue picture and pulse. So please go to see a local registered acupuncturist and get him fixed.
In the meanwhile, diet is improtant too. Please avoid spicy and greasy food and no sweet food.
I taught in the Acupuncture program of Grant MacEwan college a few years ago. Some of my students have been practicing for more than 6 years, if you want me to refer you an acupuncturist, I will be happy to do that.
Southcentre Chinese Acupuncture
100 Anderson Road SE
Calgary, AB
Canada T2J 3V1
403 271-6662
[email protected]
www.southcentrechineseacupuncture.com

#3 momof2

momof2
  • 782 posts
  • Interests:Have a great husband, and 2 beautiful kids. We also have an Old English Sheepdog and 2 cats.

IVF gave me a 2nd chance to have more kids after a tubal ligation. We now have twin boys...Apr 8/2008

Posted 12 July 2007 - 10:46 AM

Sure that would be great. We heard of a dr on Whyte Ave, supposed to be good...can't think of his name right now...I want to say Hoang.

In our chiropractor's office, they have hired a accupuncturist, and a natural path...but again I don't know the name. The chiropractor is Dr Mozell...of Bonnie Doon (not in the mall).

We are on the south side of Edmonton, but hubby works downtown...as well.

His ulcer has been under control, he hasn't coughed up any blood for a long time...there was a time when he couldn't stop vomitting (flu), so it was ripping apart his throat, and stomach. We do avoid spicy foods, and he's not too much for sweets, an occassional cookie or icecream. He was given a list of things to avoid for his ulcer, but he loves tomato and tomato sauce, coffee...and so it is hard for him. I think he'd rather take an antacid then give up coffee.

If I can get him in, will any of this be covered under AB health? How many treatment would he likely face? Will he need to keep going, even if he feels better?..so as not to have it flare up again?
Posted Image

Fletcher was 6lbs 2oz
Bradford was 7lbs 5oz

#4 Dr.HongYan

Dr.HongYan

Acupuncturist

• Advisor
  • 355 posts
  • Dx:N/A

Posted 12 July 2007 - 10:19 PM

Sure that would be great. We heard of a dr on Whyte Ave, supposed to be good...can't think of his name right now...I want to say Hoang.

In our chiropractor's office, they have hired a accupuncturist, and a natural path...but again I don't know the name. The chiropractor is Dr Mozell...of Bonnie Doon (not in the mall).

We are on the south side of Edmonton, but hubby works downtown...as well.

His ulcer has been under control, he hasn't coughed up any blood for a long time...there was a time when he couldn't stop vomitting (flu), so it was ripping apart his throat, and stomach. We do avoid spicy foods, and he's not too much for sweets, an occassional cookie or icecream. He was given a list of things to avoid for his ulcer, but he loves tomato and tomato sauce, coffee...and so it is hard for him. I think he'd rather take an antacid then give up coffee.

If I can get him in, will any of this be covered under AB health? How many treatment would he likely face? Will he need to keep going, even if he feels better?..so as not to have it flare up again?

Hi, Tomara Dolinsky has her Shen clinic in the Whyte Avenue. She graduated from Grant MacEan College and then went to China to have some advanced training. I'm sure she can help you. Tel:907-7103.
I can not tell how many times he needs without seeing him myself. According to my experience, 10 to 12 times might be needed for the two problems. summer is the best time to treat chronic bronchitis.
Acupuncture is not covered by Alberta health. It can be covered by some extended health plan through your employer.
good luck
Southcentre Chinese Acupuncture
100 Anderson Road SE
Calgary, AB
Canada T2J 3V1
403 271-6662
[email protected]
www.southcentrechineseacupuncture.com

#5 momof2

momof2
  • 782 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 10:27 AM

Thank you, I will let him know, and maybe he will be open to an appt.

TTFN :mademyday:
Posted Image

Fletcher was 6lbs 2oz
Bradford was 7lbs 5oz