• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 a_lynn

a_lynn
  • Just Hatched
  • 4 posts
  • Dx:N/A

Posted 07 September 2015 - 04:30 AM

Hey all! I'm new to the boards and in need of some advice/reassurance. I'm on day 9 of my IVF stimulation and this is my first cycle. We struggle with a decreased count and motility with hubs and I have issues with diminished reserve.

Yesterday I went to my appt and I had to go to a different office because my normal one wasn't open on the weekend. This office isn't as forthcoming with information as my normal one is. On Friday (day 6) I had 16 follicles measuring between 10-13mm with three that were un measurable. On day 8 I don't know what my total count was (darn office) but they said my estrogen was over 500 and to keep my medicine the same but not come back for 2 days. I knew from my appt that morning that my follicles ranged between 10mm-15mm. I read that the follicles grow at a rate of about 2mm/day but mine are definitely growing slower than that. My lining is good, and they didn't change meds so I'd hope the cycle is moving along as expected but I'm not sure since I've never done this before. My anticipated trigger date is Thursday with retrieval Saturday and I really want to stay on track with that.

Hubs and I have tried for so long and waited even longer to be able to do IVF. We've had tons of bumps along the way and had our hopes shattered, as I'm sure many of you can relate, and I'm just nervous that we will have our cycle cancelled every step of the way :/

Would you all mind sharing where you were around day 8 and if my numbers sound good or not? I'd call my nurse but the office isn't open until tomorrow and I'll be there then anyways. Sending you all hugs and prayers for your journey!

#2 Heregoesnothing

Heregoesnothing

Heregoesnothing

• Cyclebase
  • 1416 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor
  • My Clinic:Canada

Posted 07 September 2015 - 07:02 AM

Hi there. I'm sorry to hear of all the troubles and stresses that you and DH have gone through. I just wanted to chime in to say that my last cycle was weird like that too. I had very slow growth and I ended up stimming for a total of 14 days! I was going mad! And so worried that it would be a bust. It was actually far from that for me... And it turned out to be my best cycle.

The fact that they are measuring 16 follicles on day 6 is amazing. Let's hope that they continue to grow slow and steady!

Good luck!
  • gibasgirl, Butterfli and a_lynn like this

May 2013 - We welcome our baby boy 

Nov. 28th 2015 - We welcome our baby girl

3 day 3 embryos on ice 

For a more detailed look on my cycles, visit my 'about me' page

#3 gibasgirl

gibasgirl
  • Site Admin
  • 13147 posts
  • Interests:I like many things, music (all kinds), tennis, photography, and languages to name a few. Ok, interior and industrial design, opera, and TV. Yes, TV, there are just so many darn good TV shows on the air. Ugh, it's hard to resist.
  • Dx:Unexplained

Posted 07 September 2015 - 07:27 AM

Hello A_Lynn
Welcome to the community. It sounds like things are moving along for you and 16 follicles is a good start.

All the best to you.

:wavey:
  • a_lynn likes this

#4 a_lynn

a_lynn
  • Just Hatched
  • 4 posts
  • Dx:N/A

Posted 09 September 2015 - 02:03 PM

thanks guys! I keep getting excited and then disappointed and it's just a horrible cycle to be on. turns out things just keep getting worse :/

#5 Butterfli

Butterfli
  • Super Moderator
  • 843 posts
  • Dx:Other
  • My Clinic:Fertility East

Posted 09 September 2015 - 10:08 PM

A warm welcome to the boards, 16 on day 6 sounds pretty good to me (tho I'm sure you've been told a 100000000 times that follicles don't equal eggs!)
We got out 5 on our first cycle, 12 (only 4 made it) and our third cycle got us 6 (but again only four made it) so not too stress you out even more but it's not quantity but quality.

Good luck :)

Me 30 DW 34 - Two mummies to be! I'll carry my wife's egg so we can blend our family

First IVF Cycle

March 2012 Fresh - BFN

April 2012 FET- BFN

May 2012 FET- BFP - M/c6w6d icon_cry.gif

Second IVF Cycle

August 31 Fresh- th_abfp.gif

1st Beta 265 (TG) 11dp3dt

Sep 8 - 2nd Beta 8751 18dp3dt

Sep 15 - 3rd Beta - 43066 25dp3dt

babyboy.gif DS is born the 4th of May 2013 and we are so smitten!

stork-baby.gifProject Sibling stork-baby.gif

Me - 32 DW - 36 DS - 1

Second IVF Cycle

April 2014 FET - BFN 

Third IVF Cycle

July 2014 Fresh - th_abfp.gif

1st Beta 105 (TG) 9dp5dt

2nd Beta 1150 14dp5dt

Third Beta 12470 21dp5dt

babyboy.gif DS is born 7th of March 2015 and he is so precious.

stork-baby.gifProject Siblingstork-baby.gif 

Planning in 2016

Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: new, cycle one, ivf