27 replies to this topic

#1 Arrgh

Arrgh
  • Just Hatched
  • 28 posts
  • Dx:Tubal
  • My Clinic:Cny

Posted 30 August 2015 - 03:34 PM

Ok- so I'm new to actually posting rather than just reading- but thought I'd share.. TTC with IVF for what feels like forever.. Long story short.. Started around 25 now.. I'm 38.. Yeah.. I'm old

So this month was fresh cycle #4.. Entire cycle was a mess (elevated progesterone, not great resopnse to meds, office forgot to give the neupogen intra uterine while I was asleep..) etc.. Doc wanted to cancel due to elevated progesterone and do a frozen later since we only got 4 embryos (1 didn't make it).. But I said nope, I already did the scratch and the intralipids and the fortune in neupogen let's just do it.. So now i'm 6dpt after 2 so/so 5days blasts.. And of course unable to wait I had to POAS (x6).. And the results should be in a pic below.. Yep.. Clear as mud.. Nothing in my life ever happens the way it normally would so Ive learned to accept that and go with it.. This just makes me laugh..
Since I can't get the pic to load yet it went like this.. First FPL (ever in my life) last night, 2nd FPL 20 min later (because I didn't believe the first one) then another FPL 2* later (different brand).. Then a digital PREGNANT at 0745.. Then a BFN at 945.. Then a BFN at 1145 (digital).. Then a BFP at 1245 (digital).. Lmafo.. Obsessive? Enh.. Maybe.. Laughing? Definitely.. Nothing's easy with the IVF crap.. Why would this be any different?

#2 Ola1981

Ola1981
  • Cyclebase
  • 940 posts
  • Interests:Reading, cooking, golf, knitting
  • Dx:Male Factor
  • My Clinic:Aurora Reproductive Care Saskatoon

Posted 30 August 2015 - 04:31 PM

I'm wishing with everything I've got that this is a bfp for you! The digital tests need a higher hcg level to say pregnant than the old school ones, so you're probably right at that threshold and you have more dilute urine sometimes. Poas is the worst mind game ever. But I'm the same way and can't help but test.
Please keep us posted how the next few days go with the poas :) when does your clinic do betas? All fingers and toes crossed! !!!
See about me for details of our journey to become parents to 2 beautiful children

#3 GabyP

GabyP
  • Global 100+
  • 235 posts
  • Dx:N/A
  • My Clinic:Interafertility

Posted 30 August 2015 - 05:30 PM

To have a better test result you have to have concentrated urine, so no bathroom break for at least 4 hours. Digital tests are not as sensitive. FRER is fairly reliable and measures HCG of about 25 and up. 

#4 impatience

impatience
  • Global 100+
  • 220 posts

Posted 30 August 2015 - 06:20 PM

Did you test out your trigger, Arrgh? I tried testing out my trigger after my last IUI, and the day after I finally got a negative test, I had a very faint positive line. I was over the moon, but the next day was BFN again...I think the faint line was just more concentrated urine than the day before, and was still picking up the Ovidrel. 

But if you're sure your trigger is gone (or you used a Lupron trigger) that sounds like a BFP to me. Enough HCG for any test to pick up is good news this early in the game. 

#5 Arrgh

Arrgh
  • Just Hatched
  • 28 posts

Posted 31 August 2015 - 08:34 AM

I didn't have an hcg trigger, they used Lupron to trigger. And yeah the digitals measure a higher level that's why it's so funny that the frer was negative (lines and digital) after the clear blue was positive. Dilute urine.. Good call.. Beta isn't until Wednesday. Didn't test today yet.. Waiting for the bulk pack to come in the mail.. Stocked up planning for the FET in October. LOL.

#6 Arrgh

Arrgh
  • Just Hatched
  • 28 posts

Posted 31 August 2015 - 08:35 AM

What's a like first beta with twins? Any ideas?

#7 Arrgh

Arrgh
  • Just Hatched
  • 28 posts

Posted 31 August 2015 - 08:40 AM

Where are you guys at in your cycles? I'm having a heckuva time navigating these forums.

#8 mouse

mouse

Honorary PhD

• Super Moderator
  • 7477 posts
  • My Clinic:BKK/KWI/JHFC

Posted 31 August 2015 - 08:57 AM

Welcome to the site, arrgh.

Beta numbers don't really correlate with the number of embryos implanting.  There's a huge variation in beta numbers between women and even between pregnancies for the same woman. The only reliable indicator of the number on board is ultrasound.

You may find the betabase site useful: www.betabase.info

Fingers crossed!

The plural of anecdote is not data.

Charity gives a meal; justice provides a place at the table.

#9 Arrgh

Arrgh
  • Just Hatched
  • 28 posts

Posted 31 August 2015 - 09:18 AM

Wow thanks for that mouse- def see a BROAD range.. I'm a nurse but with all the research I've done I've never looked up betas.. Never thought I'd need to. At work we just check repeats to see a raise or drop..
Is it weird to be anxious or nervous that it might've actually worked?
Never thought it would.. Kind of an exercise in futility just to know I tried everything.. Now at this age I'm having a moment of holy crap mode..
And I don't want to share that it could've maybe worked with anyone but on here.. Not even my mate.. Just don't want questions until I know for sure..

#10 Arrgh

Arrgh
  • Just Hatched
  • 28 posts

Posted 31 August 2015 - 11:55 AM

Mini Update.. FRER bfp with Really dilute pee.. Omg could it be real? At this point I'm in such shock/disbelief I think I will be POAS until I see an ultrasound.. Lol just to make sure it hasn't changed.. A whole new level of losing my mind.. 😱😂😳
  • Ola1981 likes this

#11 Arrgh

Arrgh
  • Just Hatched
  • 28 posts

Posted 31 August 2015 - 12:03 PM

Assuming of course beta doesn't say otherwise

#12 GabyP

GabyP
  • Global 100+
  • 235 posts
  • My Clinic:Interafertility

Posted 31 August 2015 - 12:46 PM

Sounds promising and yup, we always think we managed one hurdle and then there is the next, the ultrasound, hang in there.

#13 Ola1981

Ola1981
  • Cyclebase
  • 940 posts

Posted 31 August 2015 - 07:57 PM

We're always waiting for something aren't we??? Cant wait to hear your beta :) I test everyday or twice a day until beta....and then it just depends....fingers crossed for a nice strong beta on Wed!!
See about me for details of our journey to become parents to 2 beautiful children

#14 Arrgh

Arrgh
  • Just Hatched
  • 28 posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 06:03 AM

Hey ola- question.. If there was a faint positive on Friday.. Shouldn't they be getting a lot darker? It's been 4 days and they're still faint first thing in the am.. I mean its there.. But I thought they were supposed to get darker/more obvious?
Ugh.. We still have 5 slow blast frosties so even if the is a chemical or something funky at least I know the implantation protocol worked and they're finally on the right treatment track.. Need a few betas before I put any faith in this..

#15 Ola1981

Ola1981
  • Cyclebase
  • 940 posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 07:23 AM

I'm telling you, hpts mess with your head. With my ds I did see the tests getting darker over 4 days and with my chemical they were only s smidge darker day by day. Having said that, dye lots within the same brand and across brands differ so the line getting darker really isnt a great indicator. Beta day will give you a much better idea. Only one more day. ...:) I'm still crossing everything that you have a nice strong beta !!

#16 ociwoman

ociwoman

Mamma mia

• Global 100+
  • 820 posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 07:29 AM

Argh, don't worry about the line darkening. On my bfp, I had a very faint line that never got darker even though I was carrying twins and my beta the next day was almost 4,000!

Good luck!

#17 Arrgh

Arrgh
  • Just Hatched
  • 28 posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 08:19 AM

❤ U guys!! Ociwoman that is GrEaT to hear! And Ola1981yess.. One more day.. I keep saying even if its chemical at least Now I know implantation is possible! One more hurdle down.. Since there is no google map for the IVF journey- it's a relief to at least know you're on the right road!!
  • ociwoman likes this

#18 mouse

mouse

Honorary PhD

• Super Moderator
  • 7477 posts
  • My Clinic:BKK/KWI/JHFC

Posted 01 September 2015 - 10:04 AM

As the stories above illustrate, the lines of hpts often have more to do with the amount of dye in the production run than they do with the amount of HCG secreted in urine.  That's just one of the reasons that using hpts to chart the progress of pregnancy is not recommended even by the manufacturers, who would surely benefit if they could.

• ociwoman likes this
The plural of anecdote is not data.

Charity gives a meal; justice provides a place at the table.

#19 Arrgh

Arrgh
  • Just Hatched
  • 28 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 02:00 PM

Beta = 196
  • ociwoman likes this

#20 Ola1981

Ola1981
  • Cyclebase
  • 940 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 05:33 PM

How many days post transfer are you? Sounds like a great number to me :)

#21 Arrgh

Arrgh
  • Just Hatched
  • 28 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 09:37 PM

But estrogen dropped from 1020 to 430 and today when doing the suppositories I had spotting for the first time ever.. Oy.. So question to anyone who knows, is it normal for the high estrogen to drop so far with +beta?

#22 Arrgh

Arrgh
  • Just Hatched
  • 28 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 09:39 PM

Retrieval was 8/19 transfer was 8/24 2x 5 day blasts one great one so/so

#23 Ola1981

Ola1981
  • Cyclebase
  • 940 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 10:01 PM

That sounds like a perfect number for 9dp5dt - I was at 152 with my son at that point :)  I can't help you with the estrogen question as my clinic only draws betas after transfer.....

try not to worry too much about spotting - it can be and often is totally normal in early pregnancy !!

#24 ociwoman

ociwoman

Mamma mia

• Global 100+
  • 820 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 09:47 PM

Congratulations on your BFP! Sorry, I don't know the answer re estrogen. My RE was more interested in my progesterone level.

Hope all continues to go well for you.

#25 Arrgh

Arrgh
  • Just Hatched
  • 28 posts

Posted 05 September 2015 - 10:27 AM

So the nurse said as long as estrogen is over 200 they're happy with it. And 2nd beta was 519.. After being through the IF process so much (with BFN's) and hearing so many stories about m/c's etc.. I just cannot break out of this funk or get excited/happy. I think I'm afraid to. Just waiting for something to go wrong. I've always been super psyched at the start of a cycle thinking "this could be the one!" But not this cycle.. I think I'm just mentally and emotionally tapped out and afraid of being crushed.. If/when something goes wrong.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 5dpt 5day blast, BFP, BFN, 2ww, repeat failure