• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#1 WpgGirl

WpgGirl
  • 75 posts
  • Dx:Other
  • My Clinic:HeartLand

Posted 27 August 2015 - 12:16 PM

Noticed that there are a few people on the forum who are at Heartland right now. Just thought I would start a new thread for those of us at HL right now.

I'm mid-cycle… also on the August IVF thread right now too.

• jojo10 and CdnHockeyGal like this

#2 Morgy

Morgy
  • Global 100+
  • 143 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor
  • My Clinic:Heartland

Posted 28 August 2015 - 11:02 PM

Wow someone finally started one :) I know there r a few of us! Did ivf in may resulting in a freeze all due to OHSS and am in the middle of an FET now. Transferring on Wednesday!

Me: 33  34 Endometriosis dx Oct '14 through laparoscopy; adhesions and blocked tubes, uterine hyperplasia.
DH: 39 azoospermia = IVF with ICSI is our only option.TTC 5 6 years 
Feb 4, 2015: TESE with 6 straws frozen
March 10, 2015: got the call!! We will be cycling in May with tentative ER date of May 25th. Cautiously excited. Can't wait to move foreward at last
 IVF #1:May 1, 2015- officially started our ivf cycle; suprefact/menopur(11 days)  
    May 26- trigger day after 2 days of coasting E2-36,000(!!!)  
          May 28- ER11 mature retrieved, 7 fertilized with ICSI. High risk for OHSS due to high E2 therefore freeze all cycle. 
           June 2- Froze 4 perfect 5 day blasts. Awaiting our FET
FET #1: Aug 27-lining 9mm triple stripe, start prometrium.            
             Sept 2- Transfer of 1 Day 5 embryo with assisted hatching. Beta scheduled for Sept 14th 
             Sept 13- Couldn't wait any longer and POAS th_abfp.gif
             Sept 14- Beta =868
             October 2: 1st ultrasound: 1 healthy bean measuring 7weeks 2days, HB 120.

February 25Th: can't belive we are already in out 3rd trimester, anatomy scan is great and we are just waiting on our miracle to finish cooking smile.png

March: Oh no diagnosed with Gestational diabetes and on insuin 3x/day :(

April 21: First fetal assessment-baby looks perfect and estimated at 5lbs 14oz

y80em5.png

#3 Curlylox

Curlylox
  • Global 100+
  • 187 posts
  • My Clinic:Heartland switched to VFC

Posted 29 August 2015 - 03:06 PM

Morgy Good luck with your transfer on Wednesday! I had a 5 day transfer on August 22. Beta is on Sept 2. Havent got up the nerve to test yet.

• Morgy likes this

Me 38 DH 41( husband has 2 adult children 21 & 19 from a previous relationship)

Ttc since Dec 2012

Feb 2014 DH dx azoospermia consult to Heartland

May 2014 plan is for ivf after initial tests etc

June 2014 bloodwork normal for me HSG shows possible unicornuate uterus!!!

U/S and MRI for me

Oct 2014 results from scans inconclusive.... laparoscopy January 2015

still waiting for U/S for DH...results to follow January 2015

So frustrated with this whole process... can we run into anymore roadblocks?

#4 Morgy

Morgy
  • Global 100+
  • 143 posts

Posted 29 August 2015 - 11:24 PM

Curlylox: so excited for you. I understand your fear about testing. I'm on the fence about it. DH says not to, and i think i'm going to try to resist. I see too many stories about seeing lines that aren't really there and chemical pregnancies. I don't think I want to put myself through that.

Me: 33  34 Endometriosis dx Oct '14 through laparoscopy; adhesions and blocked tubes, uterine hyperplasia.
March 10, 2015: got the call!! We will be cycling in May with tentative ER date of May 25th. Cautiously excited. Can't wait to move foreward at last
 IVF #1:May 1, 2015- officially started our ivf cycle; suprefact/menopur(11 days)  
          May 28- ER11 mature retrieved, 7 fertilized with ICSI. High risk for OHSS due to high E2 therefore freeze all cycle. 
             Sept 2- Transfer of 1 Day 5 embryo with assisted hatching. Beta scheduled for Sept 14th 
             Sept 14- Beta =868

February 25Th: can't belive we are already in out 3rd trimester, anatomy scan is great and we are just waiting on our miracle to finish cooking smile.png

y80em5.png

#5 WpgGirl

WpgGirl
  • 75 posts

Posted 30 August 2015 - 07:42 AM

Good luck on your transfer on Wednesday, Morgy!! I'll be thinking good thoughts for you!

Congrats your you 5 day transfer Curlylox! Ooooo- to test or not to test…. Your beta is almost here!! Wednesday is a big day for you both. Hang in there.

I'm mid cycle and have been really slow to respond. Tomorrow (Monday) will be my 12th day on stims (two week mark of giving injections as I started on suprefact two days before). Hoping for some good news tomorrow at my u/s - only had 4 follicles on Friday (measuring 12 mm). How long were you both on stims for with your cycles? I'm trying to figure out when I'll be in for ER if we are able to go ahead… 

#6 Morgy

Morgy
  • Global 100+
  • 143 posts

Posted 30 August 2015 - 01:30 PM

I stimmed for 11 days...felt like forever and it was frustrating to keep having to go spend $$ at the pharmacy. They actually told me to buy for 12 days but then my E2 was crazy high and I had to coast for a couple of days and wasted a day of meds. Ended up freezing 4 five day blasts. they could only access one ovary at ER as the left one was wrapped in a blood vessel and it was too risky so lost about 11 follicles there sad.png I'm hoping that u have good news tomorrow Wpggirl. I was really slow to start too and then they all just seemed to pop up.

Sept 14- Beta =868

y80em5.png

#7 WpgGirl

WpgGirl
  • 75 posts

Posted 30 August 2015 - 02:57 PM

I'm worried about whether they will be able to access both ovaries. Everytime I'm in Dr M asks if I've ever had surgery (never ever) because he has a hard time finding the left ovary. Hoping we are where we need to be tomorrow. I'm having to really gice myself a pep talk before my injections. It wears on you. We were close to having the cycle cancelled on Friday but I guess there was enough progress between Wednesday and Friday. Such a roller coaster.

#8 Morgy

Morgy
  • Global 100+
  • 143 posts

Posted 31 August 2015 - 08:56 AM

Keeping my fingers crossed for u this am wpggirl!

Sept 14- Beta =868

y80em5.png

#9 WpgGirl

WpgGirl
  • 75 posts

Posted 31 August 2015 - 09:21 AM

Thanks Morgy. 

Wish I had better news this morning. They are going to keep me on stims till Wednesday (14 days) and then see where we are at. Honestly, I'm so torn. Still at 4-5 follicles. One is 17mm (in the hard to get to left ovary) and the others are 10-13mm. I asked this morning if it was worth going through the ER (possibly Friday or Saturday depending on Wednesday's u/s, b/w) and was told that basically given my AMH, age, etc… that this was really the best chance and the only protocol for me so it's not like we could regroup and try something else and expect a different outcome. Feeling really meh about the whole thing right now. On the plus side, the bloating has subsided for the last few days. I have cramping but aside from that and just feeling the moodswings, I'm not as uncomfortable as I was when I first started stims. Was just really hoping for more follicles and eggs so that we might have some options. 

#10 Morgy

Morgy
  • Global 100+
  • 143 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 05:10 PM

Wpggirl: how did this morning go?

Transferred one pretty little embryo today. The new Dr, can't remember his name, did it. All went well so keeping my fingers crossed for the 2ww!

Sept 14- Beta =868

y80em5.png

#11 WpgGirl

WpgGirl
  • 75 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 05:59 PM

Hi Morgy - congrats on your ET!! That would have been Dr K. (His name is longer, Karen the nurse has said it to me many times but I can't remember it).

So day 14 u/s was this morning. They are keeping me on stims for two more days. I'm exhausted and sore. Everything is moving is the right direction but it's going so slow. They are now saying trigger Friday or Saturday with ER on Sunday or Monday. I was hoping I would have had my ET by now (sorry - having a little pity party today). Looks like I'll be on stims for 16 or 17 days. Truely one of the long ones.

How are you feeling after your transfer?? When is your beta? I'm thinking good thoughts for you and that the two weeks pass quickly!!!!

#12 Morgy

Morgy
  • Global 100+
  • 143 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 10:32 PM

Wpggirl: Srry about the long stim phase but at least it means things are progressing and you are not cancelled. Do you have another ultrasound tomorrow? I know my stims were shorter than yours but I felt the same way. I felt like I should have been done ET already. It will happen eventually, when its the right time. I kept having to think that everyone is different and the right time is different for everyone.

Transfer was good, Beta is sept 14th. Seems like a long time away compared to other clinics. They also never gave me any post transfer instructions. I know some clinics recommend bed rest and light activities but they just said good luck and out I went. Oh well, we ended up going for a walk through assiniboine park and went home to relax so nothing too strenuous.

Curlylox: Any beta news today?? Was thinking about you this afternoon and hoping for a good number.

Sept 14- Beta =868

y80em5.png

#13 WpgGirl

WpgGirl
  • 75 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 05:54 AM

I go back on tomorrow (Friday) for my u/s again. I'm in a lot more pain than I have been (although there was lots of pain at the start). I'm sure that's just things growing but these last few days are not fun. I've gained a few pounds in the last two days too so I'm not sure if that's water weight? I have to watch my weight really carefully so I know when there's weight gain. 

Sorry to hear you didn't get much instruction following your transfer. I have found the doctors don't always have a ton of time to expand on stuff but the nurses are awesome and will tell you much more. If you have any doubts, call the clinic this morning and just confirm post-ET instructions with the nurses. I've been asking them to call me in the afternoons with my E2 numbers this week. They usually wouldn't because they don't really have much to tell me if the numbers are increasing… but when being such a slow starter, knowing that my E2 numbers have been rising has been welcome information. I've also been able to ask them about what the dr wrote on my charts in the morning and other minor questions that have been helpful. 

Is it Friday yet?

#14 Curlylox

Curlylox
  • Global 100+
  • 187 posts
  • My Clinic:Heartland switched to VFC

Posted 03 September 2015 - 07:00 AM

Morgy congrats on your transfer. Now its time for your little one to snuggle in. Wpggirl hang in there you are almost there. 

Beta results were negative.Gutted, but knew i was out before beta as AF arrived the day before. Moving on to FET, probably in late october early november.

Me 38 DH 41( husband has 2 adult children 21 & 19 from a previous relationship)

Ttc since Dec 2012

Feb 2014 DH dx azoospermia consult to Heartland

May 2014 plan is for ivf after initial tests etc

June 2014 bloodwork normal for me HSG shows possible unicornuate uterus!!!

U/S and MRI for me

Oct 2014 results from scans inconclusive.... laparoscopy January 2015

still waiting for U/S for DH...results to follow January 2015

So frustrated with this whole process... can we run into anymore roadblocks?

#15 Morgy

Morgy
  • Global 100+
  • 143 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 10:48 PM

curlylox: so sorry to hear about the BFN but great that you get to move forward again so quickly.

Wpggirl: good luck tomorrow! Hoping for nice big follies and an ET time for you. The nurses have been great at Heartland and thanks for the advice.

Sept 14- Beta =868

y80em5.png

#16 WpgGirl

WpgGirl
  • 75 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 09:18 AM

WooooO!!!!!! Trigger day!!! Finally. 16 days of stims and 2 days on top of that of suprefact - so happy to be finally able to trigger (wasn't sure we would get to this point). The nurses all hugged me when the dr told them this morning. ER will be Sunday morning. I'm freaked out about it but happy to be moving forward.

#17 Morgy

Morgy
  • Global 100+
  • 143 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 12:57 PM

So happy to hear that wpggirl!! Wishing u the best of luck for Sunday! For me the procedure was super easy and pretty much pain free so don't worry too much

Sept 14- Beta =868

y80em5.png

#18 WpgGirl

WpgGirl
  • 75 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 02:00 PM

Morgy - I'm so glad to hear that! Honestly, I'm stressed about it. The nurse this morning said she would be there on Sunday, too and that I just need to let her know how I'm feeling and they'll take care of me. I've never had any kind of surgery except my wisdom teeth taken out about 20 years ago. 

#19 Morgy

Morgy
  • Global 100+
  • 143 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 05:34 PM

WPGGIRL: the nurses were great and they tell you if you need anything more for pain to just let them know. The recovery was really quick and walked out of there soon after. THat day I just took some tylenol for some mild cramping and that was it. The worst part for me was the OHSS a couple days later

Sept 14- Beta =868

y80em5.png

#20 WpgGirl

WpgGirl
  • 75 posts

Posted 06 September 2015 - 06:33 PM

ER is all done. Wasn't as bad as I had made up in my head. The Adivan was exactly what I needed at the start… and the rest of the drugs were great. Felt a bit of pain with the start of each ovary but the nurse quickly added a little Fentanyl and didn't seem to take that long before I was back in the recovery room. Crampy this afternoon but just taking it easy, taking Tylenol, and keeping my heating pad and gatorade close.

#21 Morgy

Morgy
  • Global 100+
  • 143 posts

Posted 06 September 2015 - 07:39 PM

Glad to hear is was easier for u then u expected. The nurses r great during er.

Sept 14- Beta =868

y80em5.png

#22 WpgGirl

WpgGirl
  • 75 posts

Posted 06 September 2015 - 08:04 PM

They sure are. I brought homemade chocolate chip cookies for everyone who was having to work their Sunday at the clinic. Apparently the cookies were going fast.

#23 WpgGirl

WpgGirl
  • 75 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 05:48 AM

Transfer was good, Beta is sept 14th. Seems like a long time away compared to other clinics. They also never gave me any post transfer instructions. I know some clinics recommend bed rest and light activities but they just said good luck and out I went. Oh well, we ended up going for a walk through assiniboine park and went home to relax so nothing too strenuous.

How are you doing Morgy? I've got my fingers crossed for you for Monday and thinking positive thoughts!!

#24 Morgy

Morgy
  • Global 100+
  • 143 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 07:47 AM

Wpggirl: thanks for asking...I'm doing fairly well. 9dp5dt now and it feels like it's gone by fast and slow at the same time. Feeling anxious to just know if it worked or not. Some days I feel really positive about it and others I fell really negative. I've still managed to resist POAS! Going to see odysseo tonight so I'm pretty excited for that! Just trying to get through one day at a time. How r u doing? I've been following your August board for the last little bit.

Sept 14- Beta =868

y80em5.png

#25 Morgy

Morgy
  • Global 100+
  • 143 posts

Posted 14 September 2015 - 05:04 PM

Beta 868!! Ultrasound oct 2
  • jojo10 and Bri.H like this

Sept 14- Beta =868

y80em5.png