• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Sweet_Insanity

Sweet_Insanity
  • Global 100+
  • 455 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor

Posted 13 August 2015 - 10:11 AM

Doesn't seem like many people are on this forum. Does no one talk about secondary infertility? I have a son who will be 9 years old in December. We have been trying to give him siblings since he was 6mos old.
February FET
Meds estradiol and progesterone
Transferred two February 25th

First beta: 61 BFP!!!
Second beta: 145
Third beta: 305

Ultrasound: 7we3d March 29th twins!
2nd ultrasound: 9w3d April 12
3rd ultrasound: 11w3d April 26
4th ultrasound: 16w3d May 31

1st OB appointment: May 2

1kop.png

#2 Meary

Meary
  • 1000+
  • 1156 posts
  • Interests:Animals, Crochet/Knitting/Sewing, Vespas, Horror Movies, My Job, Camping, Music
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:Foothills RFP

Posted 13 August 2015 - 12:04 PM

Most of the action happens in the cycle buddies threads.  Otherwise give it a bit of time, I'm sure you'll see some people around ;)

See Profile / About me page.

#3 Sweet_Insanity

Sweet_Insanity
  • Global 100+
  • 455 posts

Posted 13 August 2015 - 09:38 PM

Thanks Meary!
Well wishes on your pregnancy!
February FET

1kop.png

#4 s00n

s00n
  • 1000+
  • 1247 posts
  • Interests:Him- Potential SA issues Me- PCOS like crazy/anovulation/long cycles. Started TTC before 30.TTC/Secondary Infertility(2008-2015) - Adopted from public system in Ontario 2012.Freeze-All IVF after OHSS, and successful FET 2015 @ 36Yrs Old.
  • Dx:PCOS
  • My Clinic:OFC

Posted 11 September 2015 - 02:39 PM

Best of luck with your Beta. My son was about 8 when we started trying for a sibling, and we ended up adopting when he was 11. He's now 15 and was NOT excited about this IVF (concerned we were wasting money etc) but now that we're almost ready to deliver, he's better/more into it. And his little sister (who we adopted) is TOTALLY into having a baby sister. :)

Secondary infertility sucks a$$. It's super hard. Hope it works out well for you!

• Sweet_Insanity likes this
See my about me page for details on our IF journey including adoption and other avenues.

#5 foxymama

foxymama
  • 37 posts
  • Dx:DOR
  • My Clinic:Not sure

Posted 24 September 2015 - 10:37 AM

Hello!

My DS is 4. We have been trying for 2 years. SI sucks.

I hadn't talked to anyone on here about it - right now I have a SI group on FB, but I'm branching out onto here! :)

A short history of why I have one partially-working-lonely-remaining-ovary in About Me.

32 YO with DOR.  Moving on to DE IVF fall 2016!

#6 Sweet_Insanity

Sweet_Insanity
  • Global 100+
  • 455 posts

Posted 24 September 2015 - 11:04 PM

Hi and welcome.

Sorry to hear you have SI too, but it's always nice to talk to people who can relate. My first IVF cycle was a bust. Waiting to start again. What are your plans? Hope you find this site helpful. Everyone is really understanding.
February FET

1kop.png

#7 cafi

cafi
  • 10 posts
  • My Clinic:Mcgill

Posted 01 October 2015 - 02:28 PM

Hi, as some between you know, English is my 3rd language son...sorry i made alot of mistakes...

but I reallly want to share with you my happinnes and maybe give you a little bit of hope .. yes finally after 2 years triying for baby  sibbling  ...and 3 m/c (last one after a uii in may)

I get pregnat naturaly....at 6 weeks, I started to bleeding and I was devastaded watting for the worst...I had a ultrasound that showed a living pregnancy ...bleeding stop at 8 weeks, I have been follow for my gyn. every week, he has a little portable ecography thing...so we can see the baby, I also have done las week  my  12 weeks ultrasound and harmony test and everything looks  perfect.

I haven't been  worry because as my friend says (the faith is the opposit to the fear...and i'm full of faith as never before)...but we keep super calm, don't say to anybody until 16 weeks , don't make any plans, no thinking about names  so....we'll see..

What I do different this time... my best friend in my country had a m/c, and her doctor told  her about take baby aspirin even before  try to get pregnant...I ask my dr in McGill and he said (that is nothing in my test that let him think   that it can help) but if i want i can take it without problem...so I have been taking baby aspirine and  as my friend does i will do it until 32 weeks ...I don't know it this made the difference but  even doctors don't konw..

So if someone there is looking for a baby sibbling ..I just want t to tell you..keep the faith and do everything that is in yours hands ...at least  in the future  you won't have any regrets.

good luck for everybody

cafi

• Sweet_Insanity likes this

#8 krillersmom

krillersmom
  • 15 posts
  • My Clinic:Regional Fertility

Posted 04 November 2016 - 05:02 PM

Hi. I'm a fellow secondary infertility sufferer. We've been trying for our second for two and a half years. As you can see in my signature, it's been a rough go. My son is starting to ask for a baby sister and wondering why he doesn't have one. My one wish is that we can give him a sibling one day. 

One son born in 2012, conceived after one month of trying. 

Decided to try for number two and have learned the struggles of secondary infertility. 

Diagnosed with unexplained infertility. 

All tests for us both have come back normal.

Three rounds of clomid TI.

7 rounds of letrozole and TI. 

Three unsuccessful IUI's with letrozole and trigger. 

Now we wait. sad.png

Hopefully we'll be able to attempt our first (and hopefully only) IVF cycle soon. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Infertility, Baby2, Second child, Secondary infertility, Ivf, Ttc