1 reply to this topic

#1 AmyandLaura0704

AmyandLaura0704
  • 21 posts
  • Dx:Other
  • My Clinic:The Firm Jacksonville

Posted 05 August 2015 - 10:16 AM

Hi All,

My first forum post, I've mainly been reading everyone's story but thought I would share my IVF journey thus far. Hoping to hear more stories like mine and help answer questions for anyone just starting the process.

My partner and I have been going through IVF for the past year. Several years ago I was diagnosed with a bicornuate uterus; through the initial IVF process my doctor confirmed I actually have a septate uterus. I had a hysteroscopy/laparoscopy the beginning of 2015, which removed most of the septate and some existing endometriosis.

Our first fresh cycle was completed in May of 2015, with 4 embryos frozen and one transferred. We did get a BFP, however, after a few weeks of bleeding and an up and down roller coaster of HCG tests, we miscarried close to 7 weeks.

We started the process for our first frozen cycle a few weeks ago and scheduled for transfer on the 10th of this month. Decided to transfer one low grade and one high grade at the doctor's recommendation. I'm trying to not be nervous, but scared and hoping/praying that we don't have to go through what we did last time. Nothing worse than getting excited only to be quickly let down. :-/

To note, I have also been diagnosed with PCOS.

Thanks for listening and any advice, comments, etc are more than welcome. smile.png

Me: 31 Fertility Treatment Started: March 2014
Previously diagnosed Bicornuate Uterus, now RX as Septate 

Septate 90% removed March 2015

IVF #1
Transfer May 31, 2015-(1) 5 Day Blast

(4 embroys frozen)
CP-21dpt

IVF #2
FET August 10, 2015

Transferred 2 embies: 1-5aa and 1-5cb
1st Beta (10dp5dt): 19

2nd Beta (14dp5dt): 49

3rd Beta: (16dp5dt): 144

CP-26dpt

IVF #3

FET scheduled for November 16, 2015

Transferring our last 2 embies

#2 CdnHockeyGal

CdnHockeyGal
  • Super Moderator
  • 7094 posts
  • Interests:Hockey, baseball & travel
  • Dx:Other
  • My Clinic:Several in Canada & US

Posted 05 August 2015 - 12:07 PM

Hi Amy&Laura! Best of luck with your upcoming FET. I'm sorry you've had such a struggle to this point. Hoping you find this community to be as warm and welcoming as I have. :-).

Thought you might be interested in joining the August FET thread which is quite active so I've copied the link.

https://ivf.ca/forums...11#entry1686881

There is also an active same sex partner thread if that's of any interest as well.

https://ivf.ca/forums...14#entry1672961

Hoping it's smooth sailing for you both from this point. Sounds like you've had a number of challenges on the way to building your family. Fingers crossed!
  • AmyandLaura0704 likes this
It was long, awful & hard. We got very lucky and didn't run out of both emotional and financial resources. We saw some of the most beautiful of people in our lowest moments. Baby Girl arrived Apr 10/2018

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: FET, septate, PCOS, LGBT