6 replies to this topic

#1 nic81

nic81
  • 27 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:Heartland

Posted 14 July 2015 - 03:31 PM

Hi Ladies,

I am a yoga instructor currently working on my teacher training certificate. As part of the hours requirement for the course I need to teach some classes.

I'm also a Heartland patient - 1 failed IVF cycle, 1 successful IVF cycle (16 month old son) and am planning a FET in the fall.

I would love to offer Yin Yoga classes exclusively for heartland patients - those on waiting lists, clomid cycles, in the middle of an IVF cycle... whatever your situation is, I am sure we can all benefit from the gentle, restorative and healing effects of Yin Yoga.

The classes would be completely free of charge, as I am still a student teacher. Open to all levels, even if you have never done yoga before.

Please reply on this thread, or to me directly if you are interested. I will post the details of the class date and time if there is enough interest.

Thanks for reading!!

Namaste

#2 remaininghopefulwpg

remaininghopefulwpg
  • 1 posts
  • Dx:Other

Posted 05 August 2015 - 04:02 PM

This sounds great! I'd love to do some yoga. Dealing with stress is definitely on my priority list.

#3 nic81

nic81
  • 27 posts

Posted 05 August 2015 - 04:21 PM

Hi Ladies, there has been a bit of interest in the yoga class, so I will look at setting it up later in August as I'm out of town at the moment. PM me if you would like to be notified of the date/time.

Thanks!

#4 nic81

nic81
  • 27 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 09:18 AM

The yin yoga classes have been scheduled for 3 Sundays: September 13, 20 and 27 at 8:30-9:30pm.

If you would like to attend any or all of these free classes for Heartland patients (past or present!) please message me and I will give you the address. The studio is located near the U of M.

Yin yoga is a very gentle form of yoga (you won't break a sweat) with the goal of increasing circulation in the joints, improving flexibility and reducing stress. The poses are held for ~5 minutes, and we use a lot of propping to support each pose.

You can also text me for more info: 204 292-0573

#5 babycakes81

babycakes81
  • 35 posts
  • Dx:N/A

Posted 20 September 2015 - 07:48 PM

Hi there,
Just wondering if you will be doing any more classes? Just saw this now!

#6 nic81

nic81
  • 27 posts

Posted 20 September 2015 - 07:55 PM

8:45pm tonight and 8:45pm next Sunday (sept 27) - would love for you to join!
  • CdnHockeyGal likes this

#7 Randb

Randb
  • 16 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor

Posted 30 April 2016 - 03:27 PM

Hi there, I just saw this post and am wondering if these classes are still continuing?

Thanks!