Anyone starting a cycle in May or June?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 25 May 2007 - 01:27 AM

Hi

Is anyone starting a cycle this month? I am interested in hearing about experiences so far with this clinic. They claim that their success rate is very high. Any good or bad stories recently?

I plan to start in June or July.

#2 Gillian

Gillian
  • Global 100+
  • 344 posts
  • Dx:PCOS
  • My Clinic:Victoria Fertility Centre

Posted 25 May 2007 - 04:07 PM

Ali - which clinic?! I will be starting suppression in June to retrieve sometime in July too. Hope I can join you. Gillian.
Me 45, DH 47
Clomid 18 months - one miscarriage at 7 weeks, blighted ovum
IVF#1 2002, BFP - twins, Ian born April 2003, healthy, happy boy
FET #1 2004 - chem
FET #2 early 2005 - BFN
IUI - 2 cancelled cycles d/t no foll development on drugs.
IVF #2 June 2006 - chem
FET August 22 - cancelled, 2 blasts did not survive thaw
IVF #3 Sept 2006 - ER Sept 19, 15 eggs, ET 4x3d embies, BFN.
IVF #4 Feb 2007 - IVIG, heparin, aspirin, dexamethasone, ER Feb 8, 14 eggs, 12 fertilised, ET 13 Feb 4x5d morulas grade 18,19, BFP 23 Feb HCG 158, 26 Feb HCG 430, 28 Feb HCG 709, 2 Mar HCG 1455, 5 Mar HCG 3638, 13 Mar - heartbeat, 7mm baby, 28 Mar - beautiful baby died. No frosties.
IVF #5 August 2007, IVIG, heparin, aspirin, ER Aug 26, 7 eggs, 7 fertilised, ET Aug 29 - 6x3d embryos, Sept 10 - BFP HCG 363, Sept 12 - HCG 685, Sept 14 - HCG 1734. Sept 23 ultrasound 6 wks- one healthy heartbeat, Oct 9 ultrasound 8 wks- it's TWINS! 18 wk ultrasound - 8oz each. 23 week ultrasound A - 1lb 8oz, B - 1lb 2oz. 28 week ultrasound - A 3lb 1oz, B 2lb 8 oz. 33 week ultrasound A - head down, 4lb 8oz; B - breech, 4lb; cervix effaced and 1-2cm dilated! April 1 - admitted to hosp for bedrest, 4cm dilated.
26 April 2008, Babies born - Patrick 5lb 13oz and Fergal 5lb 8oz.
December 2009 - Natural BFP - thank-you metformin! April 7, 2010 - ultrasound - it's a healthy girl.
11 August 2010 - Aoife born, 7lb 10oz - the mellowest, happiest baby ever. Our beautiful family is complete.

#3 Rae

Rae

Rae

• 72 posts
  • Interests:Spending time with my family and my dog! Playing soccer, eating out!
  • Dx:Male Factor
  • My Clinic:PCRM

Posted 30 May 2007 - 04:26 PM

Hi Ali
I just finished my first cycle and at PCRM and am now pregnant! I really have nothing but good things to say about PCRM and all the Dr's and staff. I saw both Dr. Havelock and Dr. Roberts and also both nurses Taryn and Tracy. They treated us so well, made us feel special and it was almost like going to the spa some days with nice robes and slippers! I would say the same even if I wasn't pregnant yet. I also really liked the embryologists Jill and Carol.
Hope that helps,
Rae
Me 34, DH 36
TTC 2.5 years
Male Factor
IVF w/ICSI
Clinic PCRM (luv them!)
TWINS!!!!! Delivered @ 41 weeks!
Proud Mama to Chaz & Zoe 01/31/08
2 frozen embies. What to do, what to do....

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 31 July 2007 - 01:55 AM

Hi Gillian,

I am at PCRM and in my 2ww. Did you start a cycle?

Rae,

Thank you for your comments. Congratulations!!!

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 10 May 2008 - 12:12 PM

Hi Ali
I just finished my first cycle and at PCRM and am now pregnant! I really have nothing but good things to say about PCRM and all the Dr's and staff. I saw both Dr. Havelock and Dr. Roberts and also both nurses Taryn and Tracy. They treated us so well, made us feel special and it was almost like going to the spa some days with nice robes and slippers! I would say the same even if I wasn't pregnant yet. I also really liked the embryologists Jill and Carol.
Hope that helps,
Rae

Me and my husband went to the PCRM just this week for our orientation. The staff is very friendly and made us feel comfortable. We had our egg donor with us and we were so very disappointed when the doctor said our donor needs to lose about 40 pounds before we can do the IVF. We were hoping for a date for the IVF and didn't get it. If she doesn't lose the 40 pounds within the next few months then we all need to go through the procedure,the orientation,the tests,everything again. It's hard enough financially flying everybody there once for an orientation and then for IVF but this really hurt us.
Now I'm trying to find an egg donor who is known to the clinic ,who might not need to go through all the testing and counselling,who is willing to donate eggs to us. We have been waiting ,praying, hoping and keeping the faith for 5 years and we were so ready to hear we had a date for the IVF. We so broken hearted right now.