• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Bahar38

Bahar38
  • Global 100+
  • 254 posts
  • Dx:Other

Posted 24 June 2015 - 12:09 PM

I have I question to ask you ladies. What was your experience like with Dr. Greenblatt? I personally didn't have a good experience with her for my consultation meeting unfortunately, and I'm not sure if I want to start my IVF with her at this point. I just wanted to hear from any of you ladies regarding your experience with her.

Do you know any fertility clinics (beside Mt. Sinai) in and around Toronto area that covers IVF cost/funding due to blockage of tubes?

Thanks!

#2 gibasgirl

gibasgirl
  • Site Admin
  • 13136 posts
  • Interests:I like many things, music (all kinds), tennis, photography, and languages to name a few. Ok, interior and industrial design, opera, and TV. Yes, TV, there are just so many darn good TV shows on the air. Ugh, it's hard to resist.
  • Dx:Unexplained

Posted 24 June 2015 - 12:47 PM

Hello Bahar,

I am sorry that you did not mesh with the doctor. It happens. Sometimes it's like when you meet an old friend of your best friend and, even though you both adore the same person, the two of you do not mesh so much. 

Sometimes it's like that when you meet with a doctor; they can be great and loved by other people, but on a personal level something is missing.

As to the coverage for bilaterally-blocked tubes, all clinics have an OHIP rate. It just varies. My understanding, what Mt. Sinai charges is covered by OHIP, whereas a more expensive clinic will have an OHIP rate that is not fully covered by the province, so the patient would pay that, and it is still less expensive than the non OHIP-insured rate they charge.

I am a believer in working with a professional that you mesh with because there are intangible factors that add or detract from the experience. If you feel something is lacking, then it would be worth it to at least consult with another doctor(s) to find a fit that is better suited to you.

All the best to you.

• Bahar38 and ollie2013 like this

#3 Bahar38

Bahar38
  • Global 100+
  • 254 posts

Posted 24 June 2015 - 01:19 PM

Thank You GG for reply and the information.
I totally understand what you mean and agree with you.

My consultation appointment took 3 1/2 hours of waiting, only speaking to her for 10 minutes and all I could hear was negative comments from her. She really doesn't have a good bedside manner. After I met her that day , I read reviews (other websites) about her that made me think it wasn't just me that had this experience, and many others had similar problem with her .

Making long story short I left her office crying, and losing all hope. I got a very bad headache by the time I got home, and I was depressed. Went to bed at 8pm. The appointment was so draining and had no energy left. I left her office very confused and being offended by her comments.
It's sad to write all this about her knowing that I'm sure she's a great doctor, however I could not connect with her and deep down I knew that if I'm not happy and don't feel good about my doctor, most likely the outcome will not be good for me either specially feeling stressed every time I deal with her. I wanted to feel that I'm in good hands but the way she was it was hard for me to connect.

Regarding the OHIP funding, of course I would like to save as much as I can and pay less, however there are times in life that saving money doesn't come first which this is case for me at this point.
I want to feel that my doctor wants the best for me and will do their best for me to have a positive outcome. Hopefully the next clinic I choose (which I don't know yet what it will be) hopefully it will be a better experience than Mt. Sinai.
  • gibasgirl and ollie2013 like this

#4 gibasgirl

gibasgirl
  • Site Admin
  • 13136 posts
  • Interests:I like many things, music (all kinds), tennis, photography, and languages to name a few. Ok, interior and industrial design, opera, and TV. Yes, TV, there are just so many darn good TV shows on the air. Ugh, it's hard to resist.

Posted 24 June 2015 - 01:41 PM

Ohh Bahar, (((HUG))).

It's like any other relationship that we invest our hearts and time into. If the other person is not supporting you in the way you need, then find another ally, or re-asses your expectations.

My sense is it would be a good idea to meet with others. There are a lot to choose from.

I have had some less than stellar encounters and when I look back on them it can be upsetting, so I try to position it as "meshing" thing rather than an A-hole thing. (But when the mood strikes, well... :) )

We are pulling for you.

• Bahar38, ollie2013 and Logo like this

#5 ollie2013

ollie2013
  • Global 100+
  • 845 posts
  • Dx:DOR

Posted 24 June 2015 - 02:10 PM

3.5 hours of waiting seems unacceptable to me... the most i have ever waiting at lifequest, markham or repromed was 1.5 hours..

• gibasgirl likes this

me 26, dh 32

ttc for almost 3 years

one ectopic pregnancy, lost one tube- 2013

one miscarriage- 2014

poor egg quality, unstable hormone levels. AMH dropped from 4 to 1.5 in 4 months.. had it retested and came back at 1.4

RE predicts that i will go through menopause around age 30..27 or 28. Suggests one round  of ivf and then it is time to move onto another option.

1st ivf booked to begin in september

Sept 17- B/w and U/S, Starting Stimulation

Clinic Error and IVF cycle cancelled in October- took some time to think about my options

November- Moving onto donor eggs-

donor #1 selected through little miracles

Dec 29- Lupron Injection

Jan 22- Estrace Started

Estimated Retrieval day for donor is Feb 6. 5 days into the cycle, donor was found to have cocaine and marijuana in her bloodstream- cycle cancelled.. heartbroken and very disappointed

Donor egg cycle round 2 - let's hope things go well this time!

Donor #2 selected... Retrieval in April!

#6 ilovemydogs

ilovemydogs
  • Cyclebase
  • 4806 posts

Posted 24 June 2015 - 02:31 PM

My first clinic we had a 2.5 hour wait for the first appointment of the day. My husband was so disgusted he practically danced when we found out the RE was leaving the clinic.
  • Bahar38, ollie2013 and Logo like this
Finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.

See "About Me" for details.

#7 Bahar38

Bahar38
  • Global 100+
  • 254 posts

Posted 24 June 2015 - 02:42 PM

3.5 hours of waiting seems unacceptable to me... the most i have ever waiting at lifequest, markham or repromed was 1.5 hours..

Actually that was my first time in a fertility clinic waiting that long just to get 10 minutes of the doctors time . had to go twice to change parking meter just because she was having a busy day and took long to see me.
At one point she just left the room and went to another room with a bunch of other doctors without even telling me that she will be back to continue the appointment. I was left in the room for 20 minutes then finally someone came and told me to wait in the waiting room for them to call me back . At that point I wasn't sure If I was being accepted at the clinic by her or not .

I had 3 minutes of talk (which was not that great) then suddenly she left the room without even telling me.
she left to another room talk to other doctors (regarding my case I guess), and then I waited and waited,.....finally she saw me again to continue Conversation for another 7 min or so.
The whole 10 minute conversation was extremely confusing at the end and waste of time :(
  • ollie2013 likes this

#8 Bahar38

Bahar38
  • Global 100+
  • 254 posts

Posted 24 June 2015 - 02:56 PM

Ohh Bahar, (((HUG))).

It's like any other relationship that we invest our hearts and time into. If the other person is not supporting you in the way you need, then find another ally, or re-asses your expectations.

My sense is it would be a good idea to meet with others. There are a lot to choose from.

I have had some less than stellar encounters and when I look back on them it can be upsetting, so I try to position it as "meshing" thing rather than an A-hole thing. (But when the mood strikes, well... :) )

We are pulling for you.

Thanks for your support GG (( Hugs)))
To be honest if I felt comfortable with her I wouldn't mind waiting 4 hours for her even!
The whole appointment was weird and uncomfortable :(

She kept telling me at my age I don't have a chance to have a Successful IVF. With AMH at almost 5. She doesn't believe in vitamin supplements to get my egg equality higher. She practically said I'd be better off not doing another IVF .
Told her I'm perfectly aware and being very realistic about what my chances are and not ready to give up yet by just doing only one IVF so far.

She didn't even talke about my other options as well. Crushing my hopes....... And that was the apointment. :(
  • ollie2013 likes this

#9 gibasgirl

gibasgirl
  • Site Admin
  • 13136 posts

Posted 24 June 2015 - 03:48 PM

I waited about that long for a urologist. Boy was a fuming and after that time, they simply moved us to the secondary waiting area. 

I came close to that long of a wait at a different clinic.

• ollie2013 likes this

#10 ollie2013

ollie2013
  • Global 100+
  • 845 posts

Posted 24 June 2015 - 03:48 PM

I dont think that she sounds very open-minded to your suggestions.. perhaps maybe you would want to look into getting a second opinion..

after this appointment what are the next steps with her?

• gibasgirl and Bahar38 like this

me 26, dh 32

ttc for almost 3 years

one miscarriage- 2014

poor egg quality, unstable hormone levels. AMH dropped from 4 to 1.5 in 4 months.. had it retested and came back at 1.4

RE predicts that i will go through menopause around age 30..27 or 28. Suggests one round  of ivf and then it is time to move onto another option.

Clinic Error and IVF cycle cancelled in October- took some time to think about my options

Dec 29- Lupron Injection

Jan 22- Estrace Started

Estimated Retrieval day for donor is Feb 6. 5 days into the cycle, donor was found to have cocaine and marijuana in her bloodstream- cycle cancelled.. heartbroken and very disappointed

#11 ollie2013

ollie2013
  • Global 100+
  • 845 posts

Posted 24 June 2015 - 03:59 PM

you know, back two years ago before we had gone to lifequest- i spoke with my parents friend who is now in her fifties but went to doctor greenblatt in her  early forties to do ivf and luckily, she was successful and had her son. i did a little research and found the reviews to be mixed on her and we decided to not go to mt sinai...

• gibasgirl and Bahar38 like this

me 26, dh 32

ttc for almost 3 years

one miscarriage- 2014

Dec 29- Lupron Injection

Jan 22- Estrace Started

#12 chococrazy

chococrazy
  • Global 100+
  • 122 posts
  • Dx:Endometriosis
  • My Clinic:FCC

Posted 24 June 2015 - 04:16 PM

When my tubes became blocked, I switched away from Hannam and to Sinai and had Dr Greenblatt. I didn't have any issues with her. She didn't give me any issues with taking vitamins, and write me a prescription for DHEA. In the end, my OHIP funded IVFs were not successful, but I blame my poor ovarian reserve. I have a friend who was successful with Dr Greenblatt and who swears by her (which is why I went to her in the first place).

Sadly, I have learned in my years of seeking treatment for endometriosis that you have to be the champion of your own healthcare. You can't trust doctors, and you have to be firm in what you want for your treatment. If it is something I believe in, I will (politely) not back down from it.

For what it's worth, more often than not, there were other doctors at my exams/transfers etc. And I really liked the staff at Sinai. The nurses at my transfers were really caring and attentive.

Lots of strength and positivity to you.

• gibasgirl, Bahar38 and ollie2013 like this

Me: 39, stage 4 endo, ovarian cysts, most of left ovary missing, bilateral hydrosalpinges so tubes clipped, poor ovarian reserve
DH: 44
2008 - 2012: 3 IUIs, 3 IVFs, all BFNs.

2012 - 2015: Chosen twice for private adoption, first birth mother chose to parent, second birth mother miscarried. Still have the nursery up...
April 2015 - Meeting with birth mother #2 for possible donor egg!
June 2015 - Birth mother #2 is not a good candidate for donor egg. Looking for donor egg or donor embryo...
July 2015 - Wha...? Someone is willing to donate two embryos! yahoo.gif Looking into surgery to clean out my endo/adhesions... and then Cancun here I come!

#13 Bahar38

Bahar38
  • Global 100+
  • 254 posts

Posted 24 June 2015 - 07:39 PM

I dont think that she sounds very open-minded to your suggestions.. perhaps maybe you would want to look into getting a second opinion..

after this appointment what are the next steps with her?

Hi ollie,
I don't think she was either . She didn't even listen to my suggestions and also she did not read most my medical records that was sent to her from my previous clinic. At the end she did accepted me as a new patient but I'm not sure if I want to start my cycle with her at this point.
At this time my next step is researching on other clinics and good doctors.
  • ollie2013 likes this

#14 Bahar38

Bahar38
  • Global 100+
  • 254 posts

Posted 24 June 2015 - 07:58 PM

When my tubes became blocked, I switched away from Hannam and to Sinai and had Dr Greenblatt. I didn't have any issues with her. She didn't give me any issues with taking vitamins, and write me a prescription for DHEA. In the end, my OHIP funded IVFs were not successful, but I blame my poor ovarian reserve. I have a friend who was successful with Dr Greenblatt and who swears by her (which is why I went to her in the first place).

Sadly, I have learned in my years of seeking treatment for endometriosis that you have to be the champion of your own healthcare. You can't trust doctors, and you have to be firm in what you want for your treatment. If it is something I believe in, I will (politely) not back down from it.
For what it's worth, more often than not, there were other doctors at my exams/transfers etc. And I really liked the staff at Sinai. The nurses at my transfers were really caring and attentive.
Lots of strength and positivity to you.

Thanks chococrazy!
I'm very surprised that she suggested vitamins for you! as for me when I asked her about it she said She does not believe that taking vitamins will help. She only comented on 5mg folic acid. That's it.

I'm at least happy that someone had a good experience with her. As I said before I'm sure she's a good doctor however I just didn't like her bedside manner and wasn't comfortable with her that's all. When I read her reviews there are so many people who had the same experience as I had which it helped me not to take her words and comments personal.
Also I agree with you regarding that you have to be a champion of your health care . I think doing a lot of research regarding anything about IVF before seeing doctors will help a lot too.
  • ollie2013 likes this

#15 ilovemydogs

ilovemydogs
  • Cyclebase
  • 4806 posts

Posted 24 June 2015 - 09:13 PM

Bahar - My previous REs didn't believe in taking vitamins/supplements beyond the prenatal. My current RE after a disastrous cycle gave me a whole list of things I could try if I wanted to cycle with my own eggs again. He mentioned that it might or might not help, but it doesn't hurt - especially if you have a lot working against you (I was already taking ubiquinol and some vitamins on my own initiative but I had a couple of other things mentioned/offered). If you're going to cycle, might as well try them so you have no regrets. 

• Bahar38 and ollie2013 like this

#16 orchid

orchid
  • Global 100+
  • 236 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor
  • My Clinic:Mt. Sinai

Posted 25 June 2015 - 10:21 AM

Dr. Greenblatt is very highly regarded in her field. Mt. Sinai is a very busy clininc, but the nursing staff and the doctors are generally quite nice from my experience. Because it's such a busy clinic, it does at times feel like an assembly line operation.

I agree that your wait time was exessive. Who knows what was happening ... may have been a difficult retrieval or some complications with another patient or a second opinion on an ultrasound - who knows ...

Ultimately, we all want our cases to be handled by the RE that is most experienced with our IF scenario and can give you the best odds of reaching that much wanted pregnancy.

With that said, there are other REs at Mt. Sinai ... I love Dr. Arthur and Dr. Liu. As well, my friend (who had a transplanted kidney) had great success with Dr. Shapiro through a minimally medicated IVF/ICSI and now has a beautiful little girl. I also had success at Mt. Sinai, so I may be biased.

In the end, your RE at Mt. Sinai will write up your protocol, but your procedures will be done by whichever physician is on duty. So, your RE is not necessarily the one that you see at every point of your cycle.  The nurses, in my opinion, are the sweetest and best at Mt. Sinai.

Ultimately, in your situation, I would seek out the RE that gives you the best chance of a good outcome, regardless of their bedside manners. I would go out there and find the most respected expert on your condition and go from there. To have a doctor make us feel good is important, but can they determine the best course of action? That's the much bigger question.

This process is uncomfortable, there is no question about it, but once it's done and successful, it's so worth it.

I wish you strength and determination, Bahar, to continue your journey, find that expert that can help you reach your successful pregnancy.   

• mouse, Bahar38, ollie2013 and 1 other like this

Me:40 DH:41
TTC since 2003
Male Factor - Arimidex, but limited impact, therefore fast track to IVF/ICSI
IVF #1, May 2011 - Long Protocol
April 17 - start BCP (Marvelon)
May 3 - start Suprefact
May 13 - start Puregon
May 23 - HCG
May 25 - ER!!!!!!!! 16 eggs retrieved - all ICSI
May 26 - 14 eggs injected - 13 embrios (grow embies grow!)
May 30 - ET - 1 blast and 1 embryo transfered ... saw a taddpole wiggling on u/s!
June 1 - 2 blasts frozen (grade 4BB and 3BC)
June 05 - brown spotting
June 06 - bright red bleed
June 08 - Scheduled beta - BFN - sad.png

FET #1, July 2011
July 11 - Cycle day 1 - Started Estrace and Baby Aspirin
July 21 - u/s to check lining
July 27 - ET of 2 blasts
Aug 5 - BFP ... beta 164
Aug 8 - beta 429
1st u/s - Sept 1 - singleton - h/b 160n/t scan - Sept 30
1st OB appt - Oct 5a/s - Nov 23 - it's a BOY!!EDD - April 14, 2012
Karl Frederick was born on April 1st at 4:32 pm weighing 8 lbs 14 oz.

TTC #2 ... hope this works!

IVF #2 - Sept 2014 
Long Protocol - Suprefact, Gonal F 300
23 eggs retrieved, 14 fertilized, 1 3AB transferred, 1 3BC frozen
Oct 14 - brown spotting
Oct 15 - bright red bleed ... this is looking like my other fresh cycle!!
Oct 20 - BFP ... beta 67 ... OMG!!
Oct 23 - beta 182
Oct 27 - beta 1320
Nov 14 - HB around 72 and measuring at 6wk3dys, rather than 7wks4dys ... will probably m/c
Dec 2 - no HB and measuring 7wk4dys, miscarried the next day sad.png

FET #2, May 2015
Transferred 3BC ... BFN sad.png

IVF #3 - July/Aug 2015

Long Protocol - Suprefact, Gonal F 350

July 27 - start BCP

Aug 5 - start Suprefact

Aug 14 - start Gonal F

Aug 25 - retrieval of 16 oocytes

Aug 26 - 15 ICSIed, 8 fertilized

Aug 30 - 3 frosties (4AB, 2AC, 3AC) - freeze all cycle by choice

FET #3, Sept 2015

Transferred 4AB ... BFN ... sad.png devastated.

FET #4, Oct 2015

Transferred 2AC and 3AC ... very low BFP (7) ... second beta 0

IVF #4 - May 2016

Long Protocol - Suprefact, Gonal F 350, Luveris

May 11 - retrieval of 17 oocytes, 12 ICSId, 12fertilized

May 17 - nothing to transfer or freeze sad.png

Time for 2nd opinions

#17 ollie2013

ollie2013
  • Global 100+
  • 845 posts

Posted 25 June 2015 - 12:44 PM

well said orchid!

Dr. Greenblatt is very highly regarded in her field. Mt. Sinai is a very busy clininc, but the nursing staff and the doctors are generally quite nice from my experience. Because it's such a busy clinic, it does at times feel like an assembly line operation.

I agree that your wait time was exessive. Who knows what was happening ... may have been a difficult retrieval or some complications with another patient or a second opinion on an ultrasound - who knows ...

Ultimately, we all want our cases to be handled by the RE that is most experienced with our IF scenario and can give you the best odds of reaching that much wanted pregnancy.

With that said, there are other REs at Mt. Sinai ... I love Dr. Arthur and Dr. Liu. As well, my friend (who had a transplanted kidney) had great success with Dr. Shapiro through a minimally medicated IVF/ICSI and now has a beautiful little girl. I also had success at Mt. Sinai, so I may be biased.

In the end, your RE at Mt. Sinai will write up your protocol, but your procedures will be done by whichever physician is on duty. So, your RE is not necessarily the one that you see at every point of your cycle.  The nurses, in my opinion, are the sweetest and best at Mt. Sinai.

Ultimately, in your situation, I would seek out the RE that gives you the best chance of a good outcome, regardless of their bedside manners. I would go out there and find the most respected expert on your condition and go from there. To have a doctor make us feel good is important, but can they determine the best course of action? That's the much bigger question.

This process is uncomfortable, there is no question about it, but once it's done and successful, it's so worth it.

I wish you strength and determination, Bahar, to continue your journey, find that expert that can help you reach your successful pregnancy.   

• orchid likes this

me 26, dh 32

ttc for almost 3 years

one miscarriage- 2014

Dec 29- Lupron Injection

Jan 22- Estrace Started

#18 ilovemydogs

ilovemydogs
  • Cyclebase
  • 4806 posts

Posted 25 June 2015 - 01:48 PM

I think you still have to be comfortable with your RE though as it may cause undue stress if you're not. It may not make or break your cycle, but if the cycle doesnt work you will be left with doubt. There are other competent REs in the GTA generally and probably Mt. Sinai in particular and maybe one if them would be more willing to at least listen to your particular questions or concerns.
  • Bahar38 likes this

#19 Bahar38

Bahar38
  • Global 100+
  • 254 posts

Posted 25 June 2015 - 06:35 PM

ILMD- I have the same feelings regarding vitamins. Taking the necessary vitamins for improving egg quality doesn't hurt. As you said I might as well try it so I never wonder what if later on.

Orchid- Thank You! I wish you all the best on your upcoming cycle as well. :)
I'm sure she is a good doctor but when you cannot communicate with your doctor is extremely stressful. :(
Communication is both ways and I just came to that point that it won't work. A good understanding doctor that you can freely communicate and express your feelings and what you want is extremely important.
My preference is not dealing with just the nurses most of the time, I want to be able to see my doctor when I need them.
With my old fertility clinic I saw my doctor after each ultrasound and blood work. It was their routine. They did that with every patient in their clinic. I guess every clinic runs differently.
  • ilovemydogs and ollie2013 like this

#20 Bahar38

Bahar38
  • Global 100+
  • 254 posts

Posted 25 June 2015 - 06:36 PM

I agree!

I think you still have to be comfortable with your RE though as it may cause undue stress if you're not. It may not make or break your cycle, but if the cycle doesnt work you will be left with doubt. There are other competent REs in the GTA generally and probably Mt. Sinai in particular and maybe one if them would be more willing to at least listen to your particular questions or concerns.

• ilovemydogs likes this

#21 mrscargie

mrscargie
  • 78 posts
  • My Clinic:Markham Fertility Clinic / Mount Sinai

Posted 14 July 2015 - 07:18 AM

Hey Baher38,

I had a consult with Dr Greenblatt about two years ago now. Any clinic that has any OHIP coverage for fertility treatments is going to be very busy and have a long wait.

I didn't have a good experience with her at all. The moment I walked in to her office, she told me I have to lose weight. She didn't even introduce herself! I went home balling my eyes out, it was terrible. I felt like my hopes and dreams were broken!

I think she has a terrible bedside manner, she is not sympathetic at all! I'm with Markham Fertility Clinic now, and although my weight has remained the same, I'm at least hopeful that there is a chance and that my doctor is willing to work with me to help me fulfill my dreams of expanding my family!

I think that if your experience was less then a good one, seek another clinic immediately. This is an extremely emotional process to begin with and you want a doctor who is caring and has your best interest.

Good Luck!

• Bahar38 likes this

Me: 41 DH: 43

Unexplained Secondary Infertility

We have a beautiful son conceived naturally born by ER C-section in 2011

5 Weeks PP, Deep Vein Thrombosis, blood clots formed in my leg, then went to my lungs!!!

Spent 10 days in hospital, on Warfarin for almost a year until end of 2012. Couldn't TTC until off blood thinners

Since then...

March 2014 - 1 Natural pregnancy ended in MC @ 6W

November 2014 - 1 IUI - BFN

December 2014 - 2nd IUI - BFP - MC @ 6W - moving to IVF

May 2015 - Started Stims for IVF, Menopur, Gonal F, Orgalutron, HCG,

6 retrieved, 4 fertilized, 2 made it to blast at 5 days

June 2015 - 5 day blast fresh transfer - BFN

August 2015 - FET scheduled

August 2015 - th_abfp.gif

September 2015 - Viability scan confirms blob with heartbeat thumbup.gif

October 2015 - 12 week scan and follow-up! It's a nailbiter! crsd.gif crsd.gif

Got my referral to Mount Sinai Special Pregnancy Program - very happy

15 weeks and listened to the beautiful music of the heartbeat nice and strong! thumbup.gif thumbup.gif  Fingers still crossed!

31 weeks along now. Can't wait to meet this little one!

Sarah Ashley was born on April 4th 2016, 1:41am, weighing a whopping 9 pounds 11 ounces!

#22 Bahar38

Bahar38
  • Global 100+
  • 254 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 01:16 PM

Hi mrscargie,
So sorry to hear that you've had a bad experience with Dr. Greenblatt. I've went through exactly the same experience with her. She also made me feel so terrible inside. She told me I was overweight and I will never get pregnant. She also made a such an insulting comment about me wanting to become a single mom and about me being "single" now and using a sperm donor rather than having a husband and being married. Instead of telling me I'm brave enough to do this solo and encourage me, she made an emotional mess out of me for couple days. After researching on internet reading her reviews as a doctor, finding out that she is like this to most of her patients, I started deleting everything that happened to me that day in her clinic from my brain and told myself that shouldn't take it personal as she is like this to most people.
That day in her clinic I cried my eyes off in front of her due to her insulting comments and she set in front of me like nothing is happening. I felt like she is made of stone and not a human being. Her only reply to my tears were, " oh, I don't understand why you're crying. I'm just being realistic."
Her comment made me cry more.

Now that a few weeks have passed, and after thinking long and hard about it I have decided NOT to go there anymore. Both of my tubes are blocked and that clinic would have been a great choice for me and I would have saved allot of money, however that clinic will be worthless for me if my doctor doesn't want my best interest and adds to my stress all the time with her behaviour. Now I'm saving up for my next IVF in fall and will pay like all the other people doing IVF and be in a clinic and have a great doctors that will help me to optimize my chance to have a baby one day.
Currently I'm with Dr. Casper in TCART and he is an amazing knowledgable doctor. Soooo comfortable with him. He is so carrying towards his patients. He has put me on vitamin supplements now for egg quality for at least 3 months. Will be starting my next IVF in fall with my new clinic at TCART.

I'm so happy for you that you've found another clinic as well and happy there. I've heard good things about Markham Fertility Clinic from some of the ladies here in this site. :)

Hey Baher38,

I had a consult with Dr Greenblatt about two years ago now. Any clinic that has any OHIP coverage for fertility treatments is going to be very busy and have a long wait.
I didn't have a good experience with her at all. The moment I walked in to her office, she told me I have to lose weight. She didn't even introduce herself! I went home balling my eyes out, it was terrible. I felt like my hopes and dreams were broken!
I think she has a terrible bedside manner, she is not sympathetic at all! I'm with Markham Fertility Clinic now, and although my weight has remained the same, I'm at least hopeful that there is a chance and that my doctor is willing to work with me to help me fulfill my dreams of expanding my family!

I think that if your experience was less then a good one, seek another clinic immediately. This is an extremely emotional process to begin with and you want a doctor who is caring and has your best interest.

Good Luck!

#23 mrscargie

mrscargie
  • 78 posts
  • My Clinic:Markham Fertility Clinic / Mount Sinai

Posted 14 July 2015 - 01:43 PM

This is what the Ontario government website says about IVF coverage, maybe you could try the London or Ottawa hospitals if that's an option for you. I wish you only positive experiences from here and going forward. Every person is entitled to their dream of having children if they choose. Don't let that bitch ruin it for you! So glad you found a clinic that you like! Good Luck! In Vitro Fertilization (IVF)

Generally, In vitro fertilization (IVF) services consist of:

1. blood work, ultrasounds and physician procedures (egg retrieval and embryo transfer)
  2. embryology laboratory services.

IVF is not an OHIP insured physician service except in the limited circumstances listed in Regulation 552 under the Health Insurance Act. It is only insured for the first three treatment cycles where the infertility is due to complete bilateral anatomical fallopian tube blockage that has not resulted from a sterilization procedure. A treatment cycle includes preparation, oocyte retrieval and embryo transfer.

Where IVF is insured (that is, for blocked fallopian tubes), the blood work, ultrasounds and physician procedures are insured in all hospital and non-hospital community based fertility clinics in Ontario.

When insured IVF is provided in hospital (that is, in the Mount Sinai Hospital Reproductive Biology Unit, London Health Sciences Fertility Clinic) or in the Ottawa Fertility Centre, associated embryology services are funded (in addition to the blood work, ultrasounds and physician procedures noted above). Patients cannot be charged for such services provided in those three facilities.

The ministry does not fund fertility drug costs, intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI) or costs associated with the freezing and storage of sperm, eggs and embryos, regardless of where insured IVF services are provided.

March 2012

• Bahar38 likes this

Me: 41 DH: 43

Unexplained Secondary Infertility

We have a beautiful son conceived naturally born by ER C-section in 2011

5 Weeks PP, Deep Vein Thrombosis, blood clots formed in my leg, then went to my lungs!!!

Spent 10 days in hospital, on Warfarin for almost a year until end of 2012. Couldn't TTC until off blood thinners

Since then...

March 2014 - 1 Natural pregnancy ended in MC @ 6W

November 2014 - 1 IUI - BFN

December 2014 - 2nd IUI - BFP - MC @ 6W - moving to IVF

May 2015 - Started Stims for IVF, Menopur, Gonal F, Orgalutron, HCG,

6 retrieved, 4 fertilized, 2 made it to blast at 5 days

June 2015 - 5 day blast fresh transfer - BFN

August 2015 - FET scheduled

August 2015 - th_abfp.gif

September 2015 - Viability scan confirms blob with heartbeat thumbup.gif

October 2015 - 12 week scan and follow-up! It's a nailbiter! crsd.gif crsd.gif

Got my referral to Mount Sinai Special Pregnancy Program - very happy

15 weeks and listened to the beautiful music of the heartbeat nice and strong! thumbup.gif thumbup.gif  Fingers still crossed!

31 weeks along now. Can't wait to meet this little one!

Sarah Ashley was born on April 4th 2016, 1:41am, weighing a whopping 9 pounds 11 ounces!

#24 Bahar38

Bahar38
  • Global 100+
  • 254 posts

Posted 15 July 2015 - 01:03 PM

Thank you for the info. It was very helpful for me and others reading your post. Wishing you all the best as well. :) not giving up on my dreams just yet. :)

This is what the Ontario government website says about IVF coverage, maybe you could try the London or Ottawa hospitals if that's an option for you. I wish you only positive experiences from here and going forward. Every person is entitled to their dream of having children if they choose. Don't let that bitch ruin it for you! So glad you found a clinic that you like! Good Luck!

In Vitro Fertilization (IVF)
Generally, In vitro fertilization (IVF) services consist of:

• blood work, ultrasounds and physician procedures (egg retrieval and embryo transfer)
  • embryology laboratory services.
IVF is not an OHIP insured physician service except in the limited circumstances listed in Regulation 552 under the Health Insurance Act. It is only insured for the first three treatment cycles where the infertility is due to complete bilateral anatomical fallopian tube blockage that has not resulted from a sterilization procedure. A treatment cycle includes preparation, oocyte retrieval and embryo transfer.
Where IVF is insured (that is, for blocked fallopian tubes), the blood work, ultrasounds and physician procedures are insured in all hospital and non-hospital community based fertility clinics in Ontario.
When insured IVF is provided in hospital (that is, in the Mount Sinai Hospital Reproductive Biology Unit, London Health Sciences Fertility Clinic) or in the Ottawa Fertility Centre, associated embryology services are funded (in addition to the blood work, ultrasounds and physician procedures noted above). Patients cannot be charged for such services provided in those three facilities.
The ministry does not fund fertility drug costs, intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI) or costs associated with the freezing and storage of sperm, eggs and embryos, regardless of where insured IVF services are provided.
March 2012