Vancouver resident - which clinic

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 canucky

canucky
  • 14 posts
  • Dx:N/A

Posted 17 June 2015 - 11:18 PM

I am sure this is asked many times, but I was hoping to get new feedback - I gather the available clinics are Genesis, Olive and PCRM.

Tonight I noticed people praising Victoria as well? But for Vancouver residents, how does that work with you getting there? What about if you had to IVF? Would you have to spend a lot of time there. I work so am trying to figure out how it might work.

Thanks!

#2 Roller coaster

Roller coaster
  • Global 100+
  • 255 posts
  • Dx:Endometriosis
  • My Clinic:VFC

Posted 17 June 2015 - 11:27 PM

If you have the ability to go to Victoria I highly recommend Dr. Hudson and his team at Victoria Fertility Centre. You can read tones on here about people praising VFC. If you need IVF the premier plan will likely save you money as well.
  • SunshineTTC and canucky like this

#3 EverHopefull!

EverHopefull!
  • 1000+
  • 1600 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:Genesis/VFC

Posted 18 June 2015 - 10:55 AM

Look, I'm responding to 2 of your posts in 1 day!

I have seen Dr. Kashyap at Genesis, Dr. Taylor from Olive and Dr's Hudson and Graham at VFC.  I liked them all.  They were all really accommodating, and they all approach their jobs with a good sense of humour and a lot of compassion.  They are all also very good at what they do (IMO).  Dr. Taylor and Dr. Kashyap are funny which I found to be really helpful.  It's an awkward feeling process to start with so I appreciated the lightness they brought to it.  Dr. Hudson and Graham are the most compassionate.  Dr. K isn't a hugger, so if you want a Dr. who will be available to discuss the emotional stuff she might not be the best pick for you, but man that woman is smart.  I'd trust her with any medical anything.  You really can't go wrong with any of them.

I finally picked VFC because I was tired of the ferries, and because their IVF's are cheaper when you do the premier plan (way cheaper).  But since you'll have to include travel costs in your planning, that might negate the lesser cost. 

If I were starting again I'd make a consultation appointment with all of them (get your GP to give you a referral for all 3) and talk to them and see who is the best fit for you. 

I can't help you with PCRM, they're the only one I haven't seen! 

If you have questions feel free to PM me.

• canucky likes this

TTC since December 2004

One successful IVF

Many, many unsuccessful IF treatments

Finally a successful DE cycle!  babyEver is due July 1st.

#4 canucky

canucky
  • 14 posts

Posted 18 June 2015 - 05:57 PM

Thank you Roller Coaster. stork-baby.gif

Thank you Ever Hopeful - love your user name by the way and very lucky to have you respond twice in a day! :)

#5 Vangirl

Vangirl
  • 95 posts
  • Dx:Endometriosis
  • My Clinic:PCRM -- Cornell

Posted 20 June 2015 - 08:04 PM

hi Canucky i did a cycle at PCRM because it was closest to me and I had a generally good experience there.  I think it is important to talk to visit each clinic and pick one that just feels right for you.  I went to olive just to have a second consultation and my experience was ok.    best of luck in your journey!!!

#6 canucky

canucky
  • 14 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 12:37 PM

Thanks!

#7 Evey

Evey
  • 71 posts
  • Dx:Tubal
  • My Clinic:Genesis Vancouver

Posted 05 January 2018 - 02:08 PM

I really really really like Dr. Kashyap @ Genesis.

She is a total expert. I also loved how she individually handled all the tricky stuff you want a senior hand for (ER, ET etc).

Also I agree, she is really really smart.  

If you're okay with getting cuddles from your friends/partner/doggie/mum etc.  I'd say she's a great choice for a fertility Doctor.