4 replies to this topic

#1 Baby#5

Baby#5
  • Global 100+
  • 100 posts
  • Dx:Tubal
  • My Clinic:PCRN

Posted 13 June 2015 - 11:26 PM

I know 6-8 weeks isnt a long time but how do u get through it... I know i am new to all of this but i could really use some pointers as to how to deal with all of this... I start my m/p  on june 20th sometimes a day early or a day late... hubby is going for his test in 9 days... have to book around his days off... Going for our blood work together on wednesday... then i go for my FSH level June 20th... just makes me crazy the wait... hubby is ok with the wait... Did anyone buy baby things or make blankets or anything ... maternity clothes maybe for the bloating during the cycle transfer... will need them eventually anyhow so ... IDK how to do any of this stuff yet just new to it all. I am probably the most impatient person in the entire world lol.

#2 gibasgirl

gibasgirl
  • Site Admin
  • 13147 posts
  • Interests:I like many things, music (all kinds), tennis, photography, and languages to name a few. Ok, interior and industrial design, opera, and TV. Yes, TV, there are just so many darn good TV shows on the air. Ugh, it's hard to resist.
  • Dx:Unexplained

Posted 13 June 2015 - 11:52 PM

Try to stay engaged with the things that bring you joy. That could be hobbies, recreational activities, movies, etc.

Also, the process of getting to the clinic early, then taking needles in the evening can make your world a little narrow and it's easy to slip into that routine and leave everything else behind.

It sounds like you can make blankets. Are you a knitter? That is a good activity.

I say it is also important to stay connected with your husband. Check in every once in a while during the cycle.

All the best to you.
  • CdnHockeyGal likes this

#3 Baby#5

Baby#5
  • Global 100+
  • 100 posts
  • Dx:Tubal
  • My Clinic:PCRN

Posted 14 June 2015 - 12:26 AM

thank you gibsagirl ... even though we just went to the clinic yesterday i already feel like i have pregnancy brain lol ... forgetting stuff and all that... sometimes it sounds like a huge ordeal but the end result is sooooooo very much worth it... I cannot wait to meet my little one in about 10 months ... just gotta get him/her in there 9 month home first...  sometimes it can be a little stressful...

Gonna spend tons of time with my family and make memories and try to pass the time so i dont go crazy... taking a camping trip to the okanagan soon i hope... to see my grandma... and gonna teach the kids to fish and camp... :)  and in the evenings when it is quiet.. i am going to knit a little blanket for him / her... thank u for you suggestions and good luck to you also ...

• gibasgirl likes this

#4 amp77

amp77
  • 1000+
  • 2746 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:OFC

Posted 14 June 2015 - 03:12 AM

Welcome to the wonderful world of IVF and the constant waiting! I just tried to keep busy and focus oon the next step. I journalled the process and celebrated each milestone. I did not buy or make anything until I was pregnant and the pregnancy was viable. There are no guarantees throughout the process and I am a bit superstitious I guess and was afraid to jinx anything. Wishing you all the best and hope that this cycle is successful for you!
  • mouse and gibasgirl like this

Age 40, DH 44 in Oct.

TTC on and off since 2007 before our second IVF, in 2014, brought us our beautiful son and our first FET brought us our second son in 2017.  Our family is complete!

IVF #1 - April 2014 - BFN - no frosties

IVF #2 - July 2014 - BFP - 5B-AB and 4 frosties (5B-BB, 2x4B-BB and 3B-BB)

Apr. 13, 2015 - Daniel Erik was born at 5:05 am, weight 8 lbs, 13 oz, and 22" long.  He is perfect in every way.

FET #1 - September 2016 - BFP - 5B-BB and 3 frosties (2x4B-BB and 3B-BB)

June 18, 2017 - Matthew William was born at 2:46 am, weight 8 lbs, 11 oz and 21" long.  He is perfect in every way too!

#5 CdnHockeyGal

CdnHockeyGal
  • Super Moderator
  • 7094 posts
  • Interests:Hockey, baseball & travel
  • Dx:Other
  • My Clinic:Several in Canada & US

Posted 14 June 2015 - 09:58 AM

GG & Amp have given you some great advice. Although you have proven fertility and therefor have every reasonable expectation of reaching the end goal it's tremendously important to remember & engage in your life outside the world of IVF.

IVF is an art/science and despite past successes it can take time to find the right protocol for your body to respond to. A great looking blast under a microscope might not be the chromosomally normal one...it could be your lowest quality blast...which could involve multiple transfers until you get that magic one.

There is research indicating that even with young egg donors only about 1 in every 3 eggs is chromosomally normal.

The fall from the highs are very hard - I'd encourage to have lots of joy in your life outside of this very exciting and important next step.
  • mouse and gibasgirl like this
It was long, awful & hard. We got very lucky and didn't run out of both emotional and financial resources. We saw some of the most beautiful of people in our lowest moments. Baby Girl arrived Apr 10/2018

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Embryo transfer, PCRM, Waiting game