Wt loss buddies - Page 8 - Yoga, Nutrition and Fitness for Fertility - IVF.ca Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Wt loss buddies

• Please log in to reply
200 replies to this topic

#176 Mrs. H

Mrs. H
  • Global 100+
  • 667 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor
  • My Clinic:ARTUS

Posted 30 March 2011 - 10:34 PM

Mk. Good for you on only having 15 pounds to go. It's a great feeling. I said I wanted to be 130 and I'm 136 , so now I'm thinking 120 would be great! What have you been doing that you find works?

Alison. Im currently working two jobs and have my munchkin to look after and to be completely honest, I think eating better helps more than any amount of working out. I know it's tough, but the first thing I do when I get up is plan what my meals and snacks are so that I'm less likely to eat garbage. I also try to stick to 1200 to 1500 calories per day. Support from dh is a huge help too.
TTC #1
IVF #1 - June 2009
BFN - chemical
FET #1 - September 2009
BFN - chemical
FET # 2 - November 2009
BFP!!
Bentley Raymond born 37w6d on July 16, 2010

TTC#2
IVF #2 - September 2011
SET September 11th
BFP!!
Austin James born 39 weeks on May 24, 2012

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Code snippet: HTML, Used for some forums.
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

#177 SuV

SuV
  • 28 posts
  • Dx:N/A

Posted 30 August 2011 - 12:38 PM

Is anyone still around? I'd love to join in.

#178 Mrs. H

Mrs. H
  • Global 100+
  • 667 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 10:22 PM

I'm still lurking and would love for somebody new to join! How are you sunny?
TTC #1
IVF #1 - June 2009
BFN - chemical
FET #1 - September 2009
BFN - chemical
FET # 2 - November 2009
BFP!!

TTC#2
IVF #2 - September 2011
SET September 11th
BFP!!

#179 chiara

chiara
  • Global 100+
  • 119 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 04:11 PM

Hello, hello, Chiara here!

I have still 30 pounds to go. I managed to shed 20 pounds since the beginning of the year by eating way less at the end of the day - I pile up on breakfast, have a reasonable lunch and little dinner - and did some zumba earlier in spring. It would be great to have a crew going to support each other.

#180 CareyJean

CareyJean
  • Global 100+
  • 279 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:Foothills

Posted 09 September 2011 - 10:51 AM

I'm in, I have 65 pounds to lose, I am in the regain camp of my weight loss from before. I am back on the horse and road to a healthy life. I have joined weight watchers which works for me, and trying to figure out my excersise routine........bring it on, I swore last new years I would be on the road to healthy living and yes it will be here sooner then later.

Carey
Several IuI 2005/2006 BFN
2 IuI Gonal F-BFP May 2006
M/C August 2006
IVF #1 3 Embryos Transferred-BFP March 2007
M/C May 2007
Dossier Completed for Ethiopia Sent to Cafac Dec 24, 2007
Dossier arrived in Ethiopia April 3, 2008
Referral of 18 month little boy April 21, 2010
Finally home on January 28th, 2011
Surprise BFP September 26th, 2009
Lily Violet Joy born May 31, 2010
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wLRkmkW/
url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wLRkmkW/]
Posted Image
Posted Image

#181 Mrs. H

Mrs. H
  • Global 100+
  • 667 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 10:58 PM

I almost feel like a cheater still posting on here as my weight loss goal was 130 and I am UNDER it! A great feeling and I swear the support made it a million times easier. I also used a calorie counter that calculated what I should be eating for calories based on my weight, height and goals and also kept track of how much exercise I got. I found it kept me motivated because I constantly wanted to do better than the day before. Anything specific that you ladies are doing that you find is working?
TTC #1
IVF #1 - June 2009
BFN - chemical
FET #1 - September 2009
BFN - chemical
FET # 2 - November 2009
BFP!!

TTC#2
IVF #2 - September 2011
SET September 11th
BFP!!

#182 jalara

jalara
  • Cyclebase
  • 464 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 10:06 AM

Hi everyone - I'm trying to lose weight as well. I'm on Weight Watchers. When I started it in June I lost 10 lbs in 2 months, but gained it all back after a miscarriage (hello emotional eater!!!!).

Now I'm focused and ready to begin again. I started tracking yesterday and so far so good today. I'm on points and I have my supper planned out, so it should all go well!

I originally wanted to lose 35 lbs by May when we were planning to cycle (ofcourse I could stand to lose more but that would give me a happy BMI). But now that we're thinking of moving our cycle up to December I want to lose 20 lbs by then. IF I CAN. But I'm going to try, and if I get close - great! My RE will be thrilled!

Do we do weekly check-ins??? I"m excited!

#183 tryinghard

tryinghard
  • 108 posts
  • Dx:Tubal
  • My Clinic:Hannam, toronto

Posted 18 October 2011 - 03:45 PM

hey jalara .. I wanna be your weight lost buddy ... I think I need to lose around 30 or so lbs ( can do more :P ) .. just waiting for my RE appointment ( if he will make me wait for my cycle ) .. then I will start my plan from 20th oct .... but I started today by drinking 8 glasses of water ( I wrote it on a paper and ticking them when I drink it ) .... i dont take water ( I forget ) .. just 1 or 2 glasses a day ... so lets see :)
good luck
Me (39), DH (45)
married for 15 years
TTC for 14
several failed IUI's
2 ectopic = one tube gone and one is blocked

IVF#1 ( part 1 )
cancelled on 4th sep. 2011 due to poor response

IVF#1 ( part 2 )
cancelled on 28th sep. 2011 due to poor response

IVF#1 ( part 3 )
followup with RE on 20th oct. 2011 .... waiting

#184 jalara

jalara
  • Cyclebase
  • 464 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 08:00 PM

Trying - sounds great to me! Sorry, I forgot to check in here this week.

So how did the start go? I tracked all last week but went over points and lost nothing. This week will be better!

#185 simonben1982

simonben1982
  • 10 posts
  • Dx:PCOS
  • My Clinic:iphone

Posted 14 April 2012 - 04:38 AM

I think people should be more aware of the hcg diets, I found this one very impressive think about anyone can lost 10 pound in a month and it is a miracle.

#186 curious101

curious101
  • Global 100+
  • 115 posts
  • My Clinic:Calgary regional fertility

Posted 19 May 2012 - 02:31 PM

I am new to this website. I have struggled with weight most of my life. Been on Dr.Bernstein's twice and both times when I stopped I rebounded substantially. The last rebound i have gained close to 70lbs in less than 2 years which has been a struggle. I stopped playing soccer and football however i still have my trainer but with the cost of ivf it will be difficult for me to afford more training sessions. It may be hard to believe that I was active based on my current weight. I have a lot of weight to lose and I am currently in the midst of my first ivf cycle. My concern is that weight loss programs such as weight watchers don't allow women who are pregnant (hoping that I will be next month) to join. Currently 280lbs and I know it's very unlikely for me to reach a goal weight of 160lbs during pregnancy. However I do want to lose some weight during pregnancy, any suggestions of programs that support pregnancy. Does anybody know how much weight is too much to lose during pregnancy? I am sure that is probably a question I would have ask my GP. Any suggestions for weight loss would be helpful. Sorry so long winded.

#187 Mrs. H

Mrs. H
  • Global 100+
  • 667 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 04:54 PM

Hey ladies. I'm back on the loser train! Losing the baby weight that is. I'm currently using Visalus and am happy with it so far. Is there anybody out there who's working on losing too?
TTC #1
IVF #1 - June 2009
BFN - chemical
FET #1 - September 2009
BFN - chemical
FET # 2 - November 2009
BFP!!

TTC#2
IVF #2 - September 2011
SET September 11th
BFP!!

#188 jaan

jaan
  • 1000+
  • 3798 posts
  • Interests:cross -stitch,scrap booking, movies,reading
  • My Clinic:Heartland fertility clinic

Posted 30 July 2012 - 10:50 PM

I've been a bit side tracked lately....but def need to get back on the losing train!

Janet(41) Andrew(38)
DD Kyra(24) Natural Pg 1991

Twins(9) Erik & Matthew 2006 IVF
Furbaby Jasper (14)

34.png

#189 Mrs. H

Mrs. H
  • Global 100+
  • 667 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 11:48 PM

Hey jaan, I would be honored to have you be a loser with me! What have you been doing or will you be doing to help you lose?
TTC #1
IVF #1 - June 2009
BFN - chemical
FET #1 - September 2009
BFN - chemical
FET # 2 - November 2009
BFP!!

TTC#2
IVF #2 - September 2011
SET September 11th
BFP!!

#190 Barbie23

Barbie23
  • Global 100+
  • 138 posts
  • Interests:My hubby, babies, movies, read, sing aloud while I'm driving, photography, PR, the beach, makeup artist, home decoration...
  • My Clinic:Sher Institute New York USA

Posted 02 August 2012 - 12:07 AM

Hi ladies,

I would like to join you. I have to lose 50 pounds by December ... What do you think? Is it possible? I hope to do my FET in January 2013.
Me 44 - No tubes & diabetes type 2 under control DH 36 - Perfect & Wonderful!! 2 Ectopic (Natural Pregnancy) Oct 2008 & Abril 2011 IVF # 1 June 2010 miscarriage at 5 wks IVF # 2 Dic 2010 BFN FET #1 BFN 13 frozen No babies yet

#191 Mammamia

Mammamia
  • Cyclebase
  • 967 posts
  • My Clinic:Heartland Fertility Clinic/VFC

Posted 07 August 2012 - 09:52 AM

Hi all, I am always trying to lose weight. Hope you dont mind me joining in. Problem is I love to eat!! I eat when I am bored, eat when i am mad, sad, happy, all the time! I too, have also joined Weight watchers in the past. It really worked for me and I need to get back on it. I found the Points plus a little harder to wrap my head around when they first changed it. I have also just become a distributor for a product line that includes herbal body wraps. a few of my friends lost quite a few inches with them. I havent tried one yet but am just waiting for them in the mail. Will keep you posted. I feel like I am just bloated (and look bloated) all the time.

December 2010- began journey at HeartlandIVF #2 (VFC)August 15/2012- start Gonal F (225), Luveris (75)August 20- add cetrotideAugust 23rd- first U/S at VFC, 35 follicles around 14mm, ER potentially Monday instead of Thursday.August 25th U/S Aug28 ER, 39 follicles, ICSI on 33August 29- 27 embryos growing!Sept 2-froze 17 Day 5FET- nov.145dp5dt- BFN6dp5dt-BFP!!Early beta 9dp5dt- 83.0712dp5dt- 23414dp5dt- 494!!!U/S Dec. 14- one little bean measuring on trackBaby Boy born August 13/13

FET #2. January 12, 2015
Beta #1 , 11dp5dt -238
Beta #2 14dp5dt-1255

#192 Mrs. H

Mrs. H
  • Global 100+
  • 667 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 10:46 PM

Hey barbie. Totally possible. I lost 6 pounds in the last 2 weeks and if I had time to work out more I could have lost more. I work out for an hour every day and I alternate my days between cardio and strength training. All I use are two 5 pound weights and a resistance tube. And then of course I watch my diet. A protein shake for breakfast every morning after I work out and if it doesn't come from the ground or have a mom don't put it in your mouth! And of course if you're having grains have WHOLE grains and try to eat them early in the day so you have the whole day to burn them off.

Hey Mia. I'm an eater too. Not because I'm hungry or because I need it but because it tastes good. Im terrible for it and I really need to stop! Especially when my little one is munching on mini Oreos. I can't resist them I really can't. Then I hate myself all day for eating them!
TTC #1
IVF #1 - June 2009
BFN - chemical
FET #1 - September 2009
BFN - chemical
FET # 2 - November 2009
BFP!!

TTC#2
IVF #2 - September 2011
SET September 11th
BFP!!

#193 kelkel

kelkel
  • 7 posts
  • Dx:PCOS
  • My Clinic:Edmonton Fertility Clinic

Posted 12 August 2012 - 12:57 PM

Hello Ladies!

I'd like to join in to offer and receive some support from people who can relate! Right now I'm at 223 :( BUT I am confident that I will be able to start to make some changes and lose some weight! I have PCOS and hypothyroid and we have been trying for 3 years. I was supposed to start IUI if we didn't get BFP with meds alone in Sept but we moved this month to Alberta so now I have to wait for a referral to the Edmonton clinic. I would really like to lose some weight before going to my first appt. My first goal is to get my BMI under 35 (23 lbs) and my ultimate goal is to get to 145 (I have decided to reward myself with a trip to DisneyWorld if I reach my goal and DH has agreed).

Barbie, you can do it! Hard work and persistence will pay off! I find checking in here has really motivated me! Earlier in the topic, someone posted weekly goals and that might be something we could do! I think Im going to start with 8 glasses of water a day!

Anyway I'm excited to join in of the topic! FYI anyone else who is new if you read back in the topic there is a poster named Kellyanne who I found very inspiring...worth going back and reading about her journey!
2009- Started FT. Metformin
2010-Moved, waiting to see new fertility MD
2011- Clomid and Metformin- No O just cysts
2011- Switched to Femara- O'ed but no BFP
2012- Testing completed- DH okay (Motility not awesome but count was through the roof!) If no BFP by Sept going to try IUI with injectables.
2012 - Moved to Alberta, waiting for appt. in Edmonton.

#194 Barbie23

Barbie23
  • Global 100+
  • 138 posts
  • Interests:My hubby, babies, movies, read, sing aloud while I'm driving, photography, PR, the beach, makeup artist, home decoration...
  • My Clinic:Sher Institute New York USA

Posted 15 August 2012 - 05:21 PM

Hi Ladies

Thank you for the encouragement ladies !!

Mrs. H, I will start with the treadmill at the gym and some cardio dvd at home, I will try a protein shake I never try one before I know I can do it, I HAVE TO. December will be here in a blink of an eye.

Kelkel that is a good idea, we can post our goals every week and get motivated, I cycle with kellyannne and I know she can help us in our journey. she is a fighter!!! I'm taking metfformin which is good for losing weight and PCOS even tho hurt my stomach very bad.
Me 44 - No tubes & diabetes type 2 under control DH 36 - Perfect & Wonderful!! 2 Ectopic (Natural Pregnancy) Oct 2008 & Abril 2011 IVF # 1 June 2010 miscarriage at 5 wks IVF # 2 Dic 2010 BFN FET #1 BFN 13 frozen No babies yet

#195 Mrs. H

Mrs. H
  • Global 100+
  • 667 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 10:09 PM

Hey kel. Welcome to the thread, the more supporters we all have the better. It's nice to see this thread come back to life. I was reading your post and i had a bmi of 35 when I was started cycling and by the time my first baby was a year old I had a bmi of 22 so it is possible, having a goal or a treat for yourself makes it so much easier and gives you so much motivation. When I weighed myself 6 days ago I had ten more pounds to go till I hit my goal, I'm not sure how far away I am now because I'm trying not to step on my scale every single day! If I lose three pounds since my weigh in it means I've lost ten pounds in a month and only have 7 pounds to go till I hit my pre baby weight again. Oh, and my treat for myself when I do is breast implants. And yes, DH has agreed! Haha.

Barbie. Do you have any type of game system at home? Xbox or wii or something? A combination of cardio and strength training is best for losing weight. The strength training will help you build muscle and the muscle will help you burn fat faster and more efficiently. Since I started alternating strength training with cardio the weight has been coming off faster. Healthy diet is so important too. I only ate 700 calories today and that was 3 meals and two snacks. For protein shakes I'm using Visalus soy protein powder. It's a little expensive but it's lower calorie and more filling than the other kinds I have tried. And it tastes so insanely good too, you can't taste the soy in it at all. It says to replace two meals a day with it but I only replace breakfast and then eat healthy for the rest of the day. I need to lose the rest of my baby weight so I can fit into my work clothes by October!
TTC #1
IVF #1 - June 2009
BFN - chemical
FET #1 - September 2009
BFN - chemical
FET # 2 - November 2009
BFP!!

TTC#2
IVF #2 - September 2011
SET September 11th
BFP!!

#196 Mrs. H

Mrs. H
  • Global 100+
  • 667 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 09:36 PM

Posting to let you ladies know I did my one month weigh in. I lost 8 pounds. Four and a half inches off my waist, an inch and a half off my hips and an inch and a half off my bust. Yay for me, hopefully I lose another 8 pounds in the next month and then I'll be 2 pounds away from my pre baby weight!!
TTC #1
IVF #1 - June 2009
BFN - chemical
FET #1 - September 2009
BFN - chemical
FET # 2 - November 2009
BFP!!

TTC#2
IVF #2 - September 2011
SET September 11th
BFP!!

#197 Manitobagrace

Manitobagrace
  • 12 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 11:58 PM

Hey All!

I'd like to join in if if that is okay. I have a goal for June 2013 (assuming no baby before that) of running the father's day marathon. I used to be a runner but work has taken over all parts of my life the last few years.

I am 51 pounds away from my ideal weight of 135 and feel far away from a healthy life style. My biggest weakness is junk food- I love sweet and fried.

So my one week goals...no pop, no take out!

Best wishes to you all!

#198 Mrs. H

Mrs. H
  • Global 100+
  • 667 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 09:54 PM

Hey Grace, welcome to the group! Good for you for getting back to running. I finally am too. I was able to run 25 minutes without stopping today. I try to do 4 miles a day in 50 minutes or less, weights for 90 minutes three days a week and eat 1200 calories a day or good healthy food. But me too, junk for is my weakness. No sweets in particular, just anything sweet. Stupid sugar.
TTC #1
IVF #1 - June 2009
BFN - chemical
FET #1 - September 2009
BFN - chemical
FET # 2 - November 2009
BFP!!

TTC#2
IVF #2 - September 2011
SET September 11th
BFP!!

#199 Ttcbelieve

Ttcbelieve
  • 69 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 09:41 PM

HI

How does this work, i need some support and would like to join. I am 174lbs and would like to go down to 154......Helppppppp

#200 tjluvbug

tjluvbug
  • Cyclebase
  • 1574 posts
  • Dx:Other
  • My Clinic:Olive

Posted 29 September 2012 - 09:51 AM

Hi ladies,
I would like to join too. I have just signed up with Visalus 90 day challenge with my dh so we're really hoping to see some good results. I'm a runner also but I notice that even with running a good 6-8km 3x week I'm not losing. I think its definitely true, healthy eating trumps exercise for weight loss though the exercise is good for heart health and other stuff. I should receive my visalus product in the mail this Monday. Super excited to get started. My current weight is 176 and I'm hoping to lose 30 lbs in 90 days!

<p>Me 38 (28 when we did first IVF) DH 52 3 IVF's, 2 FET's, & 2 IUI's.  Boy/Girl twins born March 12th, 2015 at 33w6d. Our family is complete