Dieting again! - Page 15 - Yoga, Nutrition and Fitness for Fertility - IVF.ca Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Dieting again!

• Please log in to reply
365 replies to this topic

#351 houligans

houligans
  • Global 100+
  • 886 posts
  • Dx:PCOS
  • My Clinic:Foothills Regional Fertility Program

Posted 12 August 2008 - 10:14 AM

Loopy,

Good for you on reaching your goal for IVF. That is excellent and your body is that much more ready for a pregnancy. 35 pounds is a normal amount to gain with pregnancy so your clothes should fit for most of the pregnancy! I gained 10 pounds with each cycle so don't worry if your weight goes up when you cycle. Great job. I will be watching to hear about your BFP.

Me, I am the same. No loss and no gain. I am just trying to forge through and not gain anything until we get into the house (which should be in about 3 weeks). I can't wait!
Jenni
Me - 37, DH - 34
TTC - 14 years, diagnosed PCOS Sept. 2001
Many failed Clomid and Clomid/IUI attempts in Edmonton
Transferred to Regional Fertility Program, Calgary, Alberta
January 27, 2005 - Retrieval, IVF/ICSI
January 30, 2005 - Transfered 2 embies, 14 left frozen
Became a mommy on October 29, 2005 - most amazing experience of my life!
FET # 1- December 14, 2006 - 2 embies - BFN
FET # 2 - May 5, 2007 - BFN
FET # 3 - August 31, 2007-BFN
We are done with our Infertility journey!
SURPRISE pregnancy - BFP on July 5, 2009. Expected due date February 24, 2010. We are in shock!

#352 Loopy

Loopy
  • Cyclebase
  • 689 posts
  • Dx:Vasectomy
  • My Clinic:McMaster - CRC

Posted 25 August 2008 - 06:43 PM

We've all been really quiet on here...how is everyone doing?

I lost 2.5 pounds this week, so down to 38.5 pounds loss total! I'm expecting, now that I'm BCP's and starting my cycle that I might gain...but I'm ok with that...I'm still really happy with how I've done so far.

Lately I've been really wanting junk food. But I haven't broken down yet. I think it's a stress thing. Just gonna keep eating healthy!

Talk to you ladies soon

Loopy
DH - Failed Vasectomy Reversal - Feb 2007......Me - Diagnosed PCOS March 2008
IVF/ICSI - Retrieval Sept 27 2008, transfer Sept 30 2008
BFP!!! Due date June 21 2009
Feb 18 - It's confirmed...it's a girl and all went well with the ultrasounds! :)
June 24 2009 - Alexis Lynn born! 6 pounds 7oz at 7:25pm!
"Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will."
~ Dr. Robert Anthony

#353 mmv

mmv
  • Global 100+
  • 180 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor
  • My Clinic:Create

Posted 25 August 2008 - 07:54 PM

HI Girls,
I'm in. I've gained 12 lbs or so with IVF pregnancy loss and depresession.
And I have been on a very strict diet for past 3 days. ha ha... not easy to stick with veggies and greens with no ice cream and no junky....
Will start working out on the ball tonight... any good routines or tips anyone?

#354 houligans

houligans
  • Global 100+
  • 886 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 01:38 PM

mmv,

Sorry to hear of your loss. 12 pounds is not bad at all and I am sure it will come off soon. Getting over depression really helps.

Loopy: You have done excellent and to keep going beyond your IVF goal is great.

I had a surprising 4 pound loss this week. I have been really stressed as our house is just about done and we are moving in this weekend. It is exciting; but extremely busy.

How is everyone else doing?
Jenni
Me - 37, DH - 34
SURPRISE pregnancy - BFP on July 5, 2009. Expected due date February 24, 2010. We are in shock!

#355 CareyJean

CareyJean
  • Global 100+
  • 279 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:Foothills

Posted 28 August 2008 - 07:11 PM

Hi Ladies,

OMG Jenni, you are doing so awesome!!!! I am so happy for you and think you deserve a huge pat on the back to have losses while building a house, I know how stressful that it.

Loopy good for you, I wish you a ton of luck on your IVF cycle, you are going into this with a good healthy body.

CM things seem to be going well for you, good for you. Good luck on your next goal.

Hopeful in Halifax thanks for your update, this adoption waiting is tough on the heart.

Welcome to all who are new.

I fell off the wagon so bad, I have put on 15 pounds, I am having a tough time getting on track, but am determined to get this off. I need to remind myself how tough it was to lose. So today is my first honest day back with WW. I say honest, as I have been trying and then I just decide to guess my portiions and points. I know this does not work, but in my make believe world I think this is okay. Anyway I jumped on the scale today and was so disappointed in myself when I saw the numbers, so I am back in the game. I guess I was lost in self pity.

I am going on a trip to Europe with my mom and sister to visit family on my moms side on Sept 22, so I am determined to get this weight gain off before then. I need to keep telling myself I think I can I think I can.

Glad to have you all around for support.

Carey
Several IuI 2005/2006 BFN
2 IuI Gonal F-BFP May 2006
M/C August 2006
IVF #1 3 Embryos Transferred-BFP March 2007
M/C May 2007
Dossier Completed for Ethiopia Sent to Cafac Dec 24, 2007
Dossier arrived in Ethiopia April 3, 2008
Referral of 18 month little boy April 21, 2010
Finally home on January 28th, 2011
Surprise BFP September 26th, 2009
Lily Violet Joy born May 31, 2010
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wLRkmkW/
url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wLRkmkW/]
Posted Image
Posted Image

#356 CareyJean

CareyJean
  • Global 100+
  • 279 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 11:10 AM

Hi everyone,

Me again, just needed to write this down so I don't screw up my day, I am finally back on a good roll. I have been with in my points and managed to get to the gym twice in the last 4 days. My hard time is in the evening but I have been having a late supper around 6:30-7 so that helps with me managing to keep out of the fridge. Made myself go to bed early last two nights.

I was rereading this thread from the begining and reminded myself how hard this lifestyle is, I sometimes think this should come a little easier but for me it doesn't. I love all food, but would like to pick all the bad ones if I had my way. However I have to admit I feel better mind and body in the last few days. So I am happy to be back on track and here is to getting off what I gained. I can do this, I can do this.

Happy September 1

Carey
M/C August 2006
M/C May 2007
Posted Image
Posted Image

#357 CareyJean

CareyJean
  • Global 100+
  • 279 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 10:27 AM

Hi Ladies,

I did have a good week and lost 5 pounds. I am happy to be back on track just hate the struggle that goes with it. Anyway it is all good as I can now remember how this does make me feel good. I haven't had the heart to move my ticker backwards so I am going to hold out a little while with that, hopefully what I gained will be lost soon, if not I will bite the bullet and move the ticker. I bit the bullet and updated my ticker. Okay that is done!

Hope all is well with everyone and you having a good week.

Carey
M/C August 2006
M/C May 2007
Posted Image
Posted Image

#358 Chloe_s_mom

Chloe_s_mom
  • 810 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor
  • My Clinic:Ottawa Fertility Clinic

Posted 08 September 2008 - 11:52 AM

Wow, wow wow! Congrats to all! Carey - way to get back on track with a vengance (sp?)! Jenni, you have lost soooooo much weight.

I've lost my way a bit, but so far the weight hasn't caught up with me (yet). In the last couple of weeks, we've decided to sell our house and downsize. I want less mortgage, less house, less cleaning, and less stuff in the house. I haven't been sleeping well, and am just off a bad back/hip session (had to rely on DH to care for baby). I'm tired, in pain and short on good humour. And full of sugar. Our house will go on the market this week, which may mean very interupted meals going forward too. Oh well. And did I mention that Chloe started school too? Much tougher on me that just shipping her off to daycare - need to pack a variety of things including two snacks and a lunch. With the listeria issue, I've been making her hummus (sp?) and pickle sandwiches, which she now loves. She's already lost two sun hats (on the bus, she says) and I now need to find out where the lost and found could possibly be. She's wiped out by the end of the day, and a right handful. Combined with a baby who is no longer sleeping her nights, and an insane routine of cleaning the house, I'm reaching a breaking point already!!!!

Okay, okay, enough complaining.

Carey, where in Europe?
DH - 45 yrs & me - 36 yrs
My DD (previous relationship) - almost 4 yrs
His DDs - 20 yrs and 15 yrs
VR - May '05
Male factor (poor morph): IVF/ICSI recommended
April 17/07 - long protocol (agonist) - Lupron, Menopur and Puregon
May 23/07 - ER; 6 eggs collected; 5 mature; 3 fertilized
May 25/07 - Day 3 transfer (two embryos)
1st beta June 8, 2007: POSITIVE!!!!! (81.6)
2nd beta June 11/07: 324!!
We're having a GIRL ! Due date: Feb 13th, 2008

Posted Image

Overall Goal (REVISED):

Posted Image

#359 CareyJean

CareyJean
  • Global 100+
  • 279 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 06:27 PM

Hi Ladies,

Anyone out there. CM, Jenni, anyone?

I am back from Europe, and will back on track. I put on another 10 pounds from my trip and when I got home. Really most of the extra weight was from when I got home. I was jet lagged, back to work and eating like a pig. Anyway I broke a tooth on Tuesday, one of my front teeth, not my very front but visually in the front eating halloween candy. See candy is evil. I ended up having an implant and got my self back on track and back to WW. I was in one of those moods where everyday I was planning to get back on track and now I am, probably good timing as we head into the CHristmas season, hoping to take off what I put on. Yeesh this is hard some days.

Anyway how are all of you? Come back to this thread.......

Carey
M/C August 2006
M/C May 2007
Posted Image
Posted Image

#360 houligans

houligans
  • Global 100+
  • 886 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 09:16 AM

Carey, good to see you back. How was your trip? That is good that you have lost what you put on and damn that evil candy! I am just stuck. I will have a few good days and then I will have some huge pig out days and I can't seem to get a handle on it. I have been struggling for months now. Damn food! I have nobody to blame but myself. I just can't seem to stop this hand to mouth action! Hopefully, this will be a new week. I gained 5 pounds this weekend so I have decided to fast today and just drink tons of water to flush my system. We will see how it goes!
Jenni
Me - 37, DH - 34

#361 CareyJean

CareyJean
  • Global 100+
  • 279 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 09:43 PM

Hi again,

So far my week is going well, I have not been back to the gym but that is next on my list. Jenni I hear you about the one good day and then a pig out day, that was how I was once I was back from my holidays.

Um I didn't lose the weight I gained, I haven't changed my ticker back, but I will after thursday my weigh in day. I am hopeful to have it lost by CHristmas. I find sweets so hard to resist that I need to be a hard a$$ to my self to get through the CHristmas season.

Jenni are you in your house? That is a stressful event. So onwards and downwards we go.

The trip to europe was so awesome, we met family we had never met before and they made us feel as if we knew them all our lives. Unfortunately they fed and fed us, but we did lots of walking so the balance was okay, But when I got home I wanted to eat and eat the same way. Not a good idea. Also one of my cousins is a baker by trade, and she had one fridge full of baking. This was definetly my cup of tea. Yummy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After we left Slovakia we took the eurorail around Europe and went to AUstria, Switzerland and Italy. I am in love with Italy. We spent a day at Ravenna which is where my mothers brother is buried from the war it was an emotional and special day for my mom and us too. I went with my mom and sister. Makes me remember how luckey we are to have our freedom and how many gave up their lives to do this. Honest if you read some of my Uncles letters that he sent home when he was in the war it would make you tear up, they were so young. And we saw the Pope, we were very close to him and were able to be in an audience address from him so very exciting. The food in Italy was so good, I love Pasta. I did some shopping as well.

NOw back to regular life, the holiday was great.

Okay will get back to update on Friday.

Carey
M/C August 2006
M/C May 2007
Posted Image
Posted Image

#362 houligans

houligans
  • Global 100+
  • 886 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 09:23 AM

Carey,

I haven't had the heart to change my ticker, either. In fact, I am up 5 pounds from what it says. I had a really good day yesterday and am planning another good one today. Hopefully, I can see some results tomorrow at my weigh in. This is so very hard and with holiday season upon us, it is so much harder. I think January to May is the easiest time to lose weight.

We are in our house. We moved in on September long weekend. It wasn't finished yet so we spent the first month with contractors in and out of the house finishing our basement. It was not cool. We also had our stucco guy doing the outside so there was no privacy and my husband still had a list a mile long of what he needed to do. We had to re-finance the house to finish it as we went about $80,000 over our original budget. I am still getting over that shock! There are still many jobs for my husband to finish; but it is very liveable now and I love living there. I love to entertain and we have had quite a few visits from family and friends. Unfortunately, that means cooking for them and I am an awesome cook (taste wise) so there have been many not so good for me meals in the meantime. I am happy I have only gained 5 pounds in the last few months! I went through my closet on Tuesday and purged all my "big" clothes. I used to have a job that I had to dress for so I had a lot of "office" attire. I filled up one big orange garbage bag and 2 regular garbage bags to donate. My husband didn't want to put the clothes in the truck right now. In fact, he asked me if I was sure I wasn't going to get "big" again. I certainly hope I don't go back there!!

It is great that you were able to see where your uncle is. That is so sad that all those young men lost their lives; but you are right that we have to appreciate our freedom because of them. That is also great that you were able to meet more family and have a good time with them. A baker with a fridge full of sweets! That is awesome! Back to reality now. I look forward to hear of your progress this week.

Anyone else out there?
Jenni
Me - 37, DH - 34

#363 CareyJean

CareyJean
  • Global 100+
  • 279 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 07:36 PM

Okay I survived a good week, finally. Lost 3 pounds, I am going to bite the bullet and change my ticker. So far this week is going well and I am pumped once again, heres to it being long lived. I have managed to get on the treadmill twice and shoveled snow. I managed to stay within my points so all is well. I will have to focus on the rest of the week, but feel like I am getting back to a better routine.

Jenni the house building and moving is hard work. But sounds like all is getting in order slowly. The to do list does go on and on. I hope you have had a good week, hopefully we can continue to provide support and maybe motivation. You have done well, and should remind yourself that you are lighter then you were last year, and moving towards being even lighter and healthier.

My motto this week is telling myself that anything I put in my mouth has to count for something and be worth the bite because I don't want any extra pounds on , but working to get them off. I ask myself what will feel better in 20 minutes, I have even set a timer yesterday for myself as I was contemplating a bag of chips, and don't get me wrong I allow my self treats, like 100 calorie. But I probably would have devoured the whole bag, set timer for 20 minutes and talked myself out of it. Have to admit if I am cooking rich foods I want to eat them too, but have been feeding my husband what I eat.

Talk later, Have a good week.

Carey
M/C August 2006
M/C May 2007
Posted Image
Posted Image

#364 houligans

houligans
  • Global 100+
  • 886 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 09:43 AM

Good job on the loss, Carey. Keep it up and it will all be gone in no time. I lost 2 pounds last week; but had a girlie party and a Christmas party this weekend so I am sure it and probably more came back on. It is Monday now and I am getting back on and going to the leisure centre at lunch to try out their gym. My knee is so bad, I had to give up my membership at Curves so now I am looking for a place I can ride a bike and use a stepper to build the muscles around the knee as well as do some arm and ab work. This gym looks promising. There is one closer to my work; but much more expensive so I am going to buy a ten time pass today at the far one and see if I can swing it. Hopefully, it will be ok. Have a good week!
Jenni
Me - 37, DH - 34

#365 CareyJean

CareyJean
  • Global 100+
  • 279 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 02:21 AM

Okay I made it to the gym 4 times this week and early in the morning before work. I know right now things are crazy and mornings are the only time this will for sure get done. Did well with the eating. I lost 2.8 pounds this week. I am feeling pumped to keep it up, so hoping for another good week. We had a birthday party to go to and all went well, I kept telling myself it is not the food you are here for but the party. I actually brought a few two point snacks and just dumped them on a plate with some vegetables and nobody knew the difference.

HOpe all went well for you Jenni.

Carey
M/C August 2006
M/C May 2007
Posted Image
Posted Image

#366 houligans

houligans
  • Global 100+
  • 886 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 09:18 AM

Great job on the 2.8. I lost last week what I had gained over the weekend; then this weekend, my friends threw me a Christmas party/housewarming and they brought so many goodies. It was nuts! Then, on Sunday, it was my girlfriends bridal shower. Again, lots of food. Anyway, I did manage to make it to the gym 4 times last week and will go this week 4 times so hopefully, I get rid of whatever I gained this weekend and maybe a bit more. Holiday season is so hard!!
Jenni
Me - 37, DH - 34