Over 40...first IVF with ICSI. Just had three day transfer today! - Introductions - IVF.ca Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Over 40...first IVF with ICSI. Just had three day transfer today!

Over 40 IVF icsi 3 day transfer

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Reens

Reens
  • Just Hatched
  • 1 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:Ottawa

Posted 16 May 2015 - 03:39 PM

Anyone else want to share their stories?
  • RFree83 likes this

#2 CdnHockeyGal

CdnHockeyGal
  • Super Moderator
  • 7094 posts
  • Interests:Hockey, baseball & travel
  • Dx:Other
  • My Clinic:Several in Canada & US

Posted 16 May 2015 - 10:59 PM

Welcome & best of luck with your transfer! Not sure if you've had the chance to find it yet but there's a 35+ section of the site where you'll find lots of stories from women 40+...and there's even active 50+ thread. :-)

https://ivf.ca/forums...66-ivf-ages-35/

Hoping this is your magic cycle!
It was long, awful & hard. We got very lucky and didn't run out of both emotional and financial resources. We saw some of the most beautiful of people in our lowest moments. Baby Girl arrived Apr 10/2018

#3 lexymarie03

lexymarie03
  • 6 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor
  • My Clinic:Edmonton

Posted 29 May 2015 - 12:51 PM

How did survive the 2ww!?!? I am on day 5! Had my first FET on May 24 :).
Hope everything well for you.

#4 Juliee1

Juliee1
  • Global 100+
  • 251 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor
  • My Clinic:OFC Ottawa

Posted 04 June 2015 - 10:12 AM

Hi and welcome!  Are you at OFC?  I'm about to turn 40, and we are starting our first cycle of IVF/ICSI at OFC (male factor, but also low ovarian reserve so our Dr is going to 'agressive' route).  Good luck with your transfer!!

Me - 40, DH - 44, DD - 2 heart.gif

Male factor and DOR.  RE will have us do IVF/ICSI

May 2015 - Consent signed!  Now waiting on DH's sample to be shipped from abroad

15 July - The swimmers have arrived!  We are scheduled to start our first cycle in late Aug

IVF/ICSI #1: September 2015, Patch protocol (Estradot Patches, 400 Gonal-F, 150 Luveris, 0.5 Decadron, Cetrotide)

Estradot Patches 13-17 Aug

CD1 17 Aug.  We start stimming on 18 Aug!

Stims 18-28 Aug, trigger on 29 Aug

ER 31 Aug: 12 eggs retrieved. 

Fertilisation report 01 Sep: 7 eggs fertilised! 

ET 5 Sep: 2x 5 day blasts transferred, none made it to freeze.  Beta on 17 Sep!

BFN sad.png

IVF/ICSI #2: December 2015, Microdose Flare protocol (20units Lupron twice a day, 450 Gonal-F)

CD1 25 Oct. BCP 26 Oct-15 Nov

Start Lupron 18 Nov

Stims 20 Nov-01 Dec, trigger on 02 Dec

ER 04 Dec: 8 eggs retrieved.

Fertilisation report 05 Dec: No egg fertilised. Total fertilisation failure is rare with ICSI, not sure what to think...

BFN sad.png

06 Jan 2016: signed OHIP consent for funded cycle. AF finally arrived on 23 Jan.

IVF/ICSI #3: March 2016, back to the Patch Protocol (Estradot Patches, 400 Gonal-F, 150 Luveris, 0.5 Decadron, Cetrotide).

Estradot Patches 23-27 Feb

Stims 29 Feb-11 Mar, trigger on 12 Mar

ER 14 Mar: 7 eggs retrieved (all mature).

Fertilisation report 15 Mar: 4 eggs fertilised

ET 17 Mar: 2x 3 day embryos transferred (one 8 cell grade 3, one 6 cell grade 3), none made it to freeze. Beta on 31 Mar!

#5 brig74

brig74
  • Just Hatched
  • 7 posts
  • My Clinic:Ottawa Fertility Clinic

Posted 16 March 2016 - 10:33 AM

Juliee1  - Good luck with IVF # 3!!! flow.gif 

I'm 41 and a patient at the OFC. I have had two losses but this is our first time trying IVF. We are also on the funded cycle and I  also had the Patch Protocol, everything the same as you except no Decadron.

lexiemarie03 - Good luck to you too!! The 2WW is so tough, I have been a mess and on an emotional roller-coaster ride of emotions. I have been reading the book "The Secret" and I have been doing fertility acupuncture during the entire process. It has helped me so much with the stress and anxiety during this process. I have a real hard time relaxing and I fall asleep during every session so it's amazing. Especially the day of transfer, my acupuncturists came to the OFC and I had a session before and after the transfer. The day of the transfer was such an amazing experience for me. I was relaxed and felt so happy and excited. My acupuncturist took all my stress away. It's not for everyone, but for me I love it, and regardless of the outcome, it made all the difference in the world. Geez…I wish I had an appointment today!

Egg retrieval was on February 29th

They retrieved 8 follicles, 5 mature eggs and all 5 fertilized (ICSI)

All 5 made it to day 5

2 blastocysts were transferred on March 5th, none made it to freeze

I just went in this morning for my Beta. Literally waiting by the phone and praying for a miracle!!!

• kiki2016 likes this

Brig74

#6 vve

vve
  • Global 100+
  • 212 posts
  • Dx:N/A
  • My Clinic:MFC

Posted 16 March 2016 - 11:06 AM

Juliee1  - Good luck with IVF # 3!!! flow.gif 

I'm 41 and a patient at the OFC. I have had two losses but this is our first time trying IVF. We are also on the funded cycle and I  also had the Patch Protocol, everything the same as you except no Decadron.

lexiemarie03 - Good luck to you too!! The 2WW is so tough, I have been a mess and on an emotional roller-coaster ride of emotions. I have been reading the book "The Secret" and I have been doing fertility acupuncture during the entire process. It has helped me so much with the stress and anxiety during this process. I have a real hard time relaxing and I fall asleep during every session so it's amazing. Especially the day of transfer, my acupuncturists came to the OFC and I had a session before and after the transfer. The day of the transfer was such an amazing experience for me. I was relaxed and felt so happy and excited. My acupuncturist took all my stress away. It's not for everyone, but for me I love it, and regardless of the outcome, it made all the difference in the world. Geez…I wish I had an appointment today!

Egg retrieval was on February 29th

They retrieved 8 follicles, 5 mature eggs and all 5 fertilized (ICSI)

All 5 made it to day 5

2 blastocysts were transferred on March 5th, none made it to freeze

I just went in this morning for my Beta. Literally waiting by the phone and praying for a miracle!!!

Hi Brig 74, hopefully you will get good news today. Praying for you. This looks like an old thread, you should join us in the March 2016 IVF cycle buddies or look at the 35+ forums. https://ivf.ca/forums...66-ivf-ages-35/

Good luck!

Low AMH and high FSH
Uterine fibroids- myomectomy 2015

Started IVFs in Oct 2015, due to bad response Dr. G suggested medicated IUI instead.

Did total of 7 cycles (IVFs & IUIs)

#7 jackiejo157

jackiejo157
  • Just Hatched
  • 1 posts
  • Dx:Tubal

Posted 18 March 2016 - 06:44 AM

Hello Ladies I had my first child using IVF In Colorado clinic and wasn't very happy with the prices and the medicine service. The nurses were very rude and I think they don't really care about their clients. My son is 5 years old now I want to have more children I'm only 35 and i still can stimulate my ovaries for IVF. But i don't want to do it in America again I was so disappointed and angry I can't even explain.

I'm considering Europe the prices there more reasonable but i dont know much about the service. 

Wish me good luck in my searches and good luck to everyone here 

#8 t-bird

t-bird
  • 71 posts
  • My Clinic:LHSC

Posted 18 March 2016 - 07:44 AM

I just posted our success story - our son arrived one month ago. I will be 44 tomorrow. Best of luck to you!

ivf.ca/forums/topic/83482-theo-has-arrived/

May/June 2015 - First time IVF @ 43 years old. AMH 1.05, FSH 7

16/05/15 - 9 antrals on Day 2

01/06/15 - 3 eggs Retrieved

03/06/15 - 2 eggs fertilized (2 cell & 4 cell)

04/06/15- Transfer two embryos (4 cell & 5 cell)

19/06/15 - BFP!! Beta 872

29/08/15 - 1/10,000 risk on Panorama Test

19/02/16 - Welcome baby THEO!! 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Over 40, IVF, icsi, 3 day transfer