Tests done to determine unexplained infertility - General Infertility - IVF.ca Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Tests done to determine unexplained infertility

infertility tests unexplained IVF

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 katgala

katgala
  • Just Hatched
  • 3 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained

Posted 16 May 2015 - 01:48 PM

Hi,

I'm new to this and just after some other opinions and processes people went through.  I am a Canadian living in Europe and I feel that the laws here restrict how invasive the doctors can go with testing or having a higher success rate with IVF.  

Apparently my DH and I are both healthy.  We have been trying to conceive for almost 5 years and I have done 6 IVF transfers (4 were FET) in the last year.  My first fresh transfer I became pregnant but unfortunately I miscarried very early on.  Needless to say, we were very positive for the next transfer.  Unfortunately each transfer after were unsuccessful.

Early on I was tested if I was ovulating and whether my tubes were blocked (they are not).  My husband also has healthy sperm.

What type of tests did you get done to determine if you and your partner were healthy?  Is there something I am missing?

Thanks in advance.

Trying not to lose hope.

#2 rollergirl

rollergirl

Cougar Alert....loves boy toys...the younger the better!!

• 1000+
  • 1884 posts
  • Dx:Other
  • My Clinic:VFC

Posted 16 May 2015 - 03:00 PM

Have your blood karotyped to see if there are any chromosomal issues.....My DH has a balanced translocation and sometimes miscarriages happen because the embryo is unbalanced.... 

Me-72 DH-26 It is what it is...

#3 Wishinandprayin

Wishinandprayin
  • 47 posts
  • Dx:Genetic
  • My Clinic:CReATe Fertility

Posted 16 May 2015 - 03:04 PM

Hi katgala,

I'm sorry to hear about your unsuccessful transfers:( with regards to blood tests, have you and your husband had your karaotype tested and your husbands Y chromosome deletion tested?
If not, these tests may be able to give you answers to your miscarriages.
My husband and I are doing IVF w ICSI and PGS in the fall due to a chromosome abnormality found in my husband after doing those blood tests.

I wish you all the best on this journey.

Wishinandprayin
Wishinandprayin

#4 RoomWithoutARoof

RoomWithoutARoof
  • Global 100+
  • 585 posts
  • My Clinic:Olive

Posted 19 May 2015 - 12:20 AM

Hi katgala
There are a lot of tests that can be done. Genetic testing, karyotyping, hysterosopy (to view the inside of your uterus), laparoscopy to remove any fibroids or endometriosis. There are also blood tests to see whether your blood clots normally. I can't remember what they are called off hand (sorry on my phone currently so not that useful at looking up info).

Be an Ova-Achiever! Emoticons09757.gif

March 2014 - Cancelled IVF, 21 eggs retrieved, 8 frozen

July 10, 2014 - FET#1 ended in miscarriage cry.gif

Dec 15, 2014 - FET#2 ended in miscarriage cry.gif

July 13, 2015 - FET#3 - BFN

#5 katgala

katgala
  • Just Hatched
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 04:21 AM

Thanks for the feedback.  Sorry to confuse you, I only had one miscarriage and the rest of the transfers resulted in a BFN.  

I am pretty upset with the system here and it is my third doctor.  At no stage were we offered to get our blood tested for chromosomal issues.

I have extremely high cholesterol, unfortunately nothing I can control with my diet, it is hereditary.  The doctors here think there is no relation to infertility.  My doctor actually said I should maybe resconsider having children because it wouldn't be nice for my kids if I got a heart attack........ like you can control this or control getting sick, hit by a car, etc. 

As a result, I am now looking at going to a clinic in Czech, UK or India.   

#6 Shalvs

Shalvs
  • Just Hatched
  • 2 posts
  • Dx:Immunological
  • My Clinic:SIRM

Posted 21 May 2015 - 03:12 PM

Thanks for the feedback.  Sorry to confuse you, I only had one miscarriage and the rest of the transfers resulted in a BFN.  

I am pretty upset with the system here and it is my third doctor.  At no stage were we offered to get our blood tested for chromosomal issues.

I have extremely high cholesterol, unfortunately nothing I can control with my diet, it is hereditary.  The doctors here think there is no relation to infertility.  My doctor actually said I should maybe resconsider having children because it wouldn't be nice for my kids if I got a heart attack........ like you can control this or control getting sick, hit by a car, etc. 
As a result, I am now looking at going to a clinic in Czech, UK or India.   

#7 Shalvs

Shalvs
  • Just Hatched
  • 2 posts
  • Dx:Immunological
  • My Clinic:SIRM

Posted 21 May 2015 - 03:18 PM

Hi Katgala,

Have you contacted SIRM? They offer free consultations and I swear they are so thorough and so thoughtful. I went there after a failed I've cycle near my home when I just knew something was wrong with us even though the RE had assured us everything was fine.
It turned out that with additional testing done by SIRM I have immunological disorders. I have activated NK cells and my husband and I are a partial dq alpha match. This completely conplicates our chances but with Dr Shers help we overcame the issues and had a baby girl two years ago June. We just went through a FET with one of our frozens and I'm in the 2ww.
Keep the Sher institute in mind if you are willing to travel. You won't be disappointed!
Www.haveababy.com is the website for more info.

#8 Loveandhope

Loveandhope
  • 3 posts
  • Dx:Tubal
  • My Clinic:Edmonton fertility clinic

Posted 12 June 2015 - 01:02 AM

Hi,

I'm new to this and just after some other opinions and processes people went through.  I am a Canadian living in Europe and I feel that the laws here restrict how invasive the doctors can go with testing or having a higher success rate with IVF.  

Apparently my DH and I are both healthy.  We have been trying to conceive for almost 5 years and I have done 6 IVF transfers (4 were FET) in the last year.  My first fresh transfer I became pregnant but unfortunately I miscarried very early on.  Needless to say, we were very positive for the next transfer.  Unfortunately each transfer after were unsuccessful.

Early on I was tested if I was ovulating and whether my tubes were blocked (they are not).  My husband also has healthy sperm.

What type of tests did you get done to determine if you and your partner were healthy?  Is there something I am missing?

Thanks in advance.

Trying not to lose hope.

have you tried accupuncture? sometimes the stress of ivf can be the cause in itself, also a herb called maca seems to regulate all your hormones and get your body running top notch.dont loose hope, relax and try not to stress as stress causes our bodies to go all out of whack especially woman. Good luck!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: infertility, tests, unexplained, IVF