• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 M2B16

M2B16
  • 75 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor

Posted 27 April 2015 - 02:48 PM

Hello Everyone,

Was wondering if there is anyone else out there who will be cycling this month at Mt. Sinai?  Today is my last day for the BCP and I will be starting with my shots next weekend.  Super anxious, nervous, excited!

#2 excited&hopeful

excited&hopeful
  • 1 posts
  • Dx:Other
  • My Clinic:Mt Sinai

Posted 28 April 2015 - 08:50 PM

Hello MissJennyJenn - I will not be cycling in May 2015 but i was just referred by my family doctor and i'm awaiting a phone call to book my first appt! Super happy to share my experience here! How long did it take you to get your first appt? How has your experience bee so far with the clinic? Is this your first IVF cycle?

All the best to you!!!

#3 M2B16

M2B16
  • 75 posts

Posted 29 April 2015 - 07:16 PM

Hi Just Hatched,

Yes, this is my first cycle.  This process has actually taken a few years for us - we had to do some genetic testing and counseling (thanks to the amazing docs at Mt. Sinai diagnosing me with a genetic condition I had no clue I had) as well my husband had to be referred to a Urologist.  Now that we're finally here I can't wait!

My experience has been great.  I was at a different clinic previously and they weren't nearly as thorough as the docs here have been.  

#4 nav_ttc

nav_ttc
  • 2 posts
  • My Clinic:Mount Sinai

Posted 30 April 2015 - 07:26 AM

Hi
I just had my first ivf cycle in April at Mt sinai. Unfortunately it BFN. So I am back here and will be going thru with fet this month.

#5 M2B16

M2B16
  • 75 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 07:59 PM

Hi Nav,

Sorry to hear about your first cycle.  Would you mind sharing your experience?  Who is your doctor?  I am with Dr. Shapiro.  I'm starting puregon 150 on Saturday.

Wishing you the best of luck with your FET.

#6 sunnyday2

sunnyday2
  • 82 posts
  • My Clinic:Mt.Sinai

Posted 03 May 2015 - 07:41 PM

Hi MissJennJenn,

We will be starting our first IVF cycle at Mt.Sinai this month too! We have been through 3 unsuccessful IUIs there since the fall and I am excited to be moving forward after 2 years of TTC. I am also a bit nervous/scared though of course. I don't really know any details of my medication/protocol yet, but tomorrow is my last BCP and I am going in for ultrasound/bloodwork. My DR is Dr.Arthur but she is on maternity leave so I am currently seeing Dr.Liu. 

I am on the fence about what I think about Mt.Sinai. There is no question that I feel like a 'number' or just another person in an assembly line....but at the same time I trust that they know what they are doing and are good at what they do. I also think (and hope) that there is more personal interaction when you are going through an iVF cycle (not just an IUI) but we'll see! 

Me (30) and DH (34). DH diagnosed with testicular cancer April 2013 and had orchiectomy (no radiation or chemo).Been TTC ever since. DH's numbers are low, but not terrible. I don't have any known issues.

IUI #1 (clomid) - December 2014 - 2 follicles - BFN.
IUI # 2 (letrozole) - February 2015 - 1 follicle - BFN
IUI # 3 (letrozole) - March 2015 - 1 follicle - BFN
IVF # 1 - May 2015 - Antagonist protocol 225 gonal-f / 75 luveris.  15 eggs retrieved, 9 fertilized. Transferred 1 3AA blast, 6 frosties. Beta June 3, 2015. BFN
FET # 1 - June 2015 eSET th_abfp.gif banana.gif
10dp5dt beta - 247. 12dp5dt beta - 550
7wk1d u/s - Surprise! The embryo has split and we're having ID twins! Baby A 7wk, 131 hb. Baby B 7wk2d, 127 hb.
8wk3d u/s - Babies measuring on track. Found out we're having mono-di twins (share same placenta, different sacs)
12wk2d u/s - on track
13wk5d - results of NIPT testing - we're having girls! babygirl.gif babygirl.gif 

Xi4Im4.png

#7 M2B16

M2B16
  • 75 posts

Posted 04 May 2015 - 09:14 PM

Hi Sunnyday2,

I know what you mean about just feeling like a number, however having gone to another clinic previously I can say that Mt. Sinai is much more thorough than the previous clinic.  We never actually got to cycle at our previous clinic and switched to Mt. Sinai due to the fact that my benefits will cover some of the cost if its done there.

We have been TTC for about 8 years, so for us it's been an incredibly long journey.  I'm about a week ahead of you - I'm on day 3 of my stims right now and have been feeling very uncomfortable.  I cannot wait for this week to be over and retrieval day to be here.

How did everything go for you today?  I'm back at the clinic on Wednesday for u/s and bloodwork.

#8 Super Mama

Super Mama
  • 87 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained

Posted 08 May 2015 - 08:56 PM

Hello! I'm currently doing an IVF cycle at Mt Sinai. My dr is Dr Liu. This is our second IVF at Sinai and I really have no complaints. It's a busy clinic. Our first IVF gave us our beautiful daughter and before IVF we did three IUIs with no luck.
I just finished Estrace priming and today started 300 of gonal f and 120 of menopur. We go back Tuesday. This is our last shot. If this doesn't work(we are being given a less than 5% chance to even get to an ER) we are going to live with what we have. Ppl say to me all the time "well you have one so that must make it easier". Well no, it's the opposite. My daughter asks me for a baby every single day. I'm doing this for her. It's been much harder this time around. I can buy her most anything she wants but I cannot give her the thing she wants more than anything. It makes me feel like a failure as a mom.
She's soon to be 4 and told the nurse today that we are at the Dr's to "get a baby in mummy's tummy".
Best of luck to everyone and I've been dealing with Sinai since 2009 so I am open to answering any questions anyone has.

#9 AbubsformyQ

AbubsformyQ
  • 12 posts
  • Dx:Other

Posted 19 May 2015 - 09:08 PM

Hi,
I am new to here and new to Mt. Sinai. One thing about the I can't seem to wrap my head around is the assigned day 3? If it happens to fall on, for example your actual day 7, could this not really throw off your cycle? Any advice or clarifications would be much appreciated! We will be starting estrace priming this month then IVF in June! FX

Hope, Love and a little bit of baby dust icon_stickyvibespink.gif

7 years a Wife

4 years a cancer Survivor 

4 years TTC (post cancer, started TTC 4 months prior to diagnosis)

1 fertility preserving IVF, 2 FET's, 7 IUI's all th_abfn.gif

Starting IVF #2 June 2015 crsd.gif

#10 nav_ttc

nav_ttc
  • 2 posts
  • My Clinic:Mount Sinai

Posted 31 May 2015 - 08:57 AM

Hi Jenn Jenn,
Sorry for not getting back to you sooner. My first ivf cycle was in April with Dr. Moore (she works with Dr. Liu). I found the whole cycle to be very successful. While stimming I didn't have any major issues. ER was scary but it was more in my head. In the end we had 12 good embryos and we transferred 1. Unfortunately it didn't work and I jumped right into the my first FET cycle. We transferred 1 last week and that alsi failed. I will be seeing Dr.moore this week. I can't seem to understand what the problem is and how it can be overcome.
It is a busy clinic but the staff is great, from nurses to different doctors who do monitoring.
I will probably start my 2nd FET cycle next month again.
Goodluck to all of you!

#11 yazzy

yazzy
  • Just Hatched
  • 2 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:Mt. Sinai

Posted 05 June 2015 - 02:43 PM

Hi.

There is a chance I will be going through IVF at Mt.Sinai. I have been with them for a year and the nurses seem to be nice. I don't know how the nurses are during the IVF process.

Those of you who experienced the process, do you have to put the injections on your own each night for the stimulation? or do the nurses inject for you during the day?

How did you feel from the medication?

What are the things would you try differently in your FET process? 

Did any of you take acupuncture before IVF?

Thanks ladies, All the best to all of us for BFP.

#12 Hopingfor1

Hopingfor1
  • Global 100+
  • 312 posts
  • Dx:DOR

Posted 13 June 2015 - 12:45 AM

Hi yazzy

I cycled at Mt Sinai 2 years ago this month.  You do the injections each night yourself.  They will show you how to do this and don't worry.  I used to be terrified of needles, but quickly overcame that during fertility treatment.  The first injection is the toughest - after I was done, I thought "that's it?"  They really aren't bad at all.

I was on high doses of injectables and I didn't have any side effects.  Every woman is different - some have side effects and some don't.  I was lucky in that area.

I did use acupuncture for a prior IVF.  Many women find it to be helpful.  For me, it didn't help.  I had an unsuccessful cycle when using acupuncture.  For my cycle at Mt Sinai, we decided not to do it as it was an expense we couldn't afford.  That cycle was successful for me.  Again, many women find it to be helpful for them and if it something you feel would help you, find someone that specializes in fertility.

Best of luck with your cycle.

Me: 40  = High FSH (ranges from 8 - 15), Low AMH (2.7), Low AFC = DOR

DH: 43 = borderline sperm analysis

Started TTC#1 January 2010

2011 - 2012 - First fertility clinic, lots of testing, operative hysteroscopy to remove polyps, multiple unsuccessful IUIs, 1 IVF (150 Menopur/150 Gonal F) converted to IUI due to poor response

2012 - got second opinion and after AMH results came back, advised at 36 I had a less than 5% chance of conceiving via IVF.  Donor eggs strongly recommended but not yet ready for that (I should say - hubby not ready for that.  I was ready for donor eggs - I just wanted to be a Mom).  Decided clinic wasn't for us and back to clinic #1

2013 - IVF #1 (after 1st converted to IUI).  Estrogen Priming protocol - start Climara patch 7 days post ovulation and change every other day.  3 orgalutran injections beginning day after first Climara patch applied.  Start stims day 2 triggered on night 15 of stims = 3 eggs retrieved, 0 fertilized via ICSI = no transfer  (300 Gonal F/150 Menopur & Orgalutran)

2013 - Switch clinics

Office hysteroscopy = all clear

IVF #2 (37 years old) June 2013 - Estrace priming protocol.  4 mg estrace started 7 days post ovulation.  Start stims Day 3 (300 Gonal F/150 Menopur & Orgalutran)

Slow response as usual

Triggered on night 12 of stims (given the option to cancel as it looked like we'd get 3 eggs - knew we wouldn't do any better so continued).

ER:  6 eggs, but advised some were small and would be immature

Fert report:  5 of 6 eggs immature.  2 fertilized via ICSI (including one of the immature eggs)

ET:  Transferred our only 2 embryos - a 5 cell and an 8 cell

11dp3dt = BFP - HCG = 65

16dp3dt = HCG 1,305 (cautiously pregnant)

7 week ultrasound = 1 baby HB = 141

12 weeks ultrasound NT scan = NT = 1.7mm all looks good.  Combined with blood work risk is 1/1,400

Got Harmony blood test results back (done for peace of mind) - all clear and we're having a GIRL!

EDD = March 2014 (cautiously looking forward to that date)

However - baby had plans to arrive early. After PPROM and managing to cook the little one a bit longer, our bundle of joy arrived at 33 weeks.  After a 3 week NICU stay, she is finally home.  We are totally in love and forever thankful for our little miracle baby - Ashley Nicole.