3 years on this site and need your support. - AART - IVF.ca Forums

Photo
- - - - -

3 years on this site and need your support.

Vote for Emily

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 EMJRI

EMJRI
  • Cyclebase
  • 255 posts
  • Interests:Any Maritime Ladies (or gents) that would like to join a support group I started, please PM me. We have over 230 amazing ladies from all over the maritimes.
  • Dx:Tubal
  • My Clinic:AART

Posted 10 April 2015 - 09:06 AM

I've been on this site for over 3 years now, I've taken breaks here and there but I am calling for all the support I can get right now.

We are a local Halifax couple and this is our story- (cross posted)

Please take a moment to watch our video and vote Emily.
We started our long journey to parenthood about 6 years ago and we finally become parents in December 2013 to our amazing miracle Braxton. We did our first cycle of IVF in Feb 2012 and miscarried at 6 weeks, we then moved on to a frozen cycle in July 2012 but our eggs did not make the thaw; we decided to give it one more try in March 2013 and were lucky enough for it to finally work. the day Braxton was born we knew those last years of fighting for a baby were all worth it. When we held him for the first time and listen to him cry, we knew we defined the odds and were given a miracle.
Here in Nova Scotia nothing is covered, so we spent our life savings and used loans to be able to afford those 3 cycles, we spent close to $30,000. We are taking part in a Canadian IVF contest. Where the winners (determined by the most votes) will get $5,000 to go towards a IVF cycle with any Canadian clinic. We are looking to get as many votes as we can.
Our video is just a glimpse into why we would love to win. We have a 15 month old sonand we would love to give him a brother or sister but need the funding to be able to afford the treatment.
The contest goes until May 18th 2015 when the winner will be selected, that is the start to national Infertility week. Please take the time to look over our story.
Our link is
http://a.pgtb.me/GXfcSL/hr565
Our video is under Emily Robertson-Irwin
PLEASE feel free to SHARE this post on your own walls, we are very open about our fight.

• Butterfli and Patiently Waiting like this

Me: 31 years old

DH: 31 years old

TTC: 8 years

Plan A - IVF #1 Jan 2012           Ectopic 

Plan B - FET #1 July 2012         Embryos didn't make the thaw

Plan C - IVF #2 Feb 2013          Brax born December 7th 2013. 

Plan D - IVF #3 April 2016         BFN

Plan E - FET #2 Aug 2016         BFP Due April 22, 2017