• Please log in to reply
262 replies to this topic

#1 Hoping4one

Hoping4one
  • 102 posts
  • Dx:Endometriosis
  • My Clinic:AART - Halifax

Posted 27 March 2007 - 11:47 AM

Hi, this board has been so quiet lately...

I'm in the middle of my first IVF cycle at AART. I've been on Suprefact since March 11th and had my down regulation check yesterday. My E2 level was at 46.65 and I'm due to start my injections (Bravelle and Repronex) this Thursday.

Would love to find others cycling at AART.

Lisa
Lisa
Me - 35yo / DH - 31yo
Mod/Sev Endo w/ both tubes blocked
HSG - July 2005 / Lap - Oct 2005 / Clomid - six months - July-Dec 2006
IVF #1:
April 15th - 3 beautiful embryos transferred!
April 30th - First Beta Test ~ fingers, toes and eyes crossed for a BFP!
I'M PREGNANT! BETA APRIL 30TH - 389!!!!
Diagnosed with a Blighted Ovum at 9 weeks.

#2 prayinforamiracl

prayinforamiracl
  • 176 posts
  • Dx:Tubal
  • My Clinic:AART

Posted 27 March 2007 - 07:45 PM

Hi Lisa,

I agree, this site has been very quiet. I will not be cycling at AART until May, but I would love to keep you company while you're cycling if you're interested.

All the best
Kathy
ME 38 - DH 39
TTC over 13yrs.
IVF #1 BFN; IVF #2 BFN
FET #1 BFP (early m/c); FET #2 BFN
IVF #3 May 2007
ER - May 23
ET - May 26
Beta - June 8 - 164, June 15 - 2279, June 22 - 20,729

U/S - June 27 - 1 beatiful heartbeat!

Keagan Danielle born Feb 04-08 - 6 lbs. 13.6 oz

Posted Image

#3 Hoping4one

Hoping4one
  • 102 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 08:51 AM

Hi Kathy! That would be wonderful... and from the look of your signature you've got more experience at AART than your should. (((HUGS)))

I start my injections tonight... I'm excited and scared all at the same time. This unknown stuff is pretty wild.

Thanks for responding to my post... I really, really appreciate having someone in my neck of the woods (and with a history at AART) on my team. ;)

Have an awesome day!
Lisa
Lisa
Me - 35yo / DH - 31yo
IVF #1:

#4 tanyas

tanyas
  • 139 posts
  • Dx:N/A

Posted 29 March 2007 - 01:32 PM

I think we will be on the same time frame. I start my injections today too :) I am also excited and nervous. Good luck and keep posting!
Tanya
Me - 31yo
DH - 34yo
TTC 5 years
HSG - Jan 2007
IVF #1 - March 2007 - BFP
Due Date January 1, 2008 - New Years Baby!!!
IT'S A GIRL!!!!!

Posted Image

#5 prayinforamiracl

prayinforamiracl
  • 176 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 06:02 PM

Lisa:

You're quite welcome, it truly is a blessing to have these boards for comfort. As I'm sure you're well aware, it's hard for our family and friends to truly understand what we're going through unless they've been there, no matter how hard they try.

Tanyas:

Welcome, good luck to you also.

I wish you both all the success and can't wait to hear about your BFP'S!!! :banana:

Kathy
ME 38 - DH 39
TTC over 13yrs.
IVF #1 BFN; IVF #2 BFN
IVF #3 May 2007
ER - May 23
ET - May 26

Posted Image

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 09:46 PM

Hi Everyone;
I just wanted to wish everyone luck in their upcoming cycles!! My experience at AART was great and if there are any questions you have or want to ask by all means please do so. This form has been slow for quite some time so it's nice to see some activity.

LEP

#7 tanyas

tanyas
  • 139 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 07:39 AM

Hi Lisa,

How did last nights injections go. It was scary. I reread everything because I was afraid I would make a mistake. My DH was great and it helped with the nervousness.

Tanyas
Tanya
Me - 31yo
DH - 34yo
TTC 5 years
HSG - Jan 2007
IT'S A GIRL!!!!!

Posted Image

#8 Hoping4one

Hoping4one
  • 102 posts

Posted 31 March 2007 - 12:22 PM

Tanya I was a wreck! I forgot to sterilze the tops of the vials so had to restart with that, then I dropped the syringe with the needle on it and had to replace the needle. BUT I did it! And I did it again last night! It's still tough but I'm doing it. DH has been awesome. He's a needle phobic but kneels in front of me and watches everything intently.

Are you going for an E2 check on Monday morning? I have an appointment at 8am... what's your schedule look like?
Lisa
Me - 35yo / DH - 31yo
IVF #1:

#9 tanyas

tanyas
  • 139 posts

Posted 31 March 2007 - 01:11 PM

Yup, i am in at 8am monday too. Last night was better. Less stress.

T
Tanya
Me - 31yo
DH - 34yo
TTC 5 years
HSG - Jan 2007
IT'S A GIRL!!!!!

Posted Image

#10 Hoping4one

Hoping4one
  • 102 posts

Posted 31 March 2007 - 06:19 PM

Well in that case... I'll be the girl in the black leather coat with the bright pink scarf. ;)

I have 40 minutes before shot number three... I hope I can find a "less tender" spot tonight... :pray: :ouch:

Good luck tonight!
Lisa
Me - 35yo / DH - 31yo
IVF #1:

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 April 2007 - 06:46 AM

Hi, this board has been so quiet lately...

I'm in the middle of my first IVF cycle at AART. I've been on Suprefact since March 11th and had my down regulation check yesterday. My E2 level was at 46.65 and I'm due to start my injections (Bravelle and Repronex) this Thursday.

Would love to find others cycling at AART.

Lisa

Hi Lisa, the first time is exciting and scary. There is no way I could give myself injections, so I got my husband to give me the injections.

Now I did use AART to do the tests before going to Montreal twice for PGD, and they are good at doing the tests, but I ran into a problem while "sataliting". I had to be constantly on them to fax my test results and they didn't communicate with Montreal directly, it was all through me, so it made it a bit stressful on top of everything else that was going on. I also found that calls weren't always returned in a timely manner and it is all about timing, so you should watch out for that.

I wish you success!

#12 Hoping4one

Hoping4one
  • 102 posts

Posted 01 April 2007 - 08:39 AM

Thanks Jellybean! I really do appreciate hearing everyone's experiences with the clinic... it gives me a head's up on what to watch out for.

I did already encounter a little bit of a communication "issue" early on with scheduling and stuff so it gave me reason to constantly be on top of things. I need to know everything that's happening so it's not unusual for me to be constantly calling and asking questions.

Needle three went okay. It was a little more "sore" going in but a few minutes past all was well again. At what point should I start feeling something? I thought I could feel cramp like things at 6:30 this morning when I woke for my Suprefact spray but it could have been gas. :pardon: I think the spotting has stopped which I'm grateful for... one less thing to worry about. I'm anxious to get my E2 levels tomorrow... just to make sure everything is happening as it should.
Lisa
Me - 35yo / DH - 31yo
IVF #1:

#13 prayinforamiracl

prayinforamiracl
  • 176 posts

Posted 01 April 2007 - 11:51 AM

Hi All,

Sorry I've been MIA for a couple of days (has company all weekend!) Glad to hear your injections aren't too bad and your DHs are helping out. I'm just waiting for AF to arrive, hoping any day now so I can start the countdown to Suprefact. I find it's somewhat therapeutic when the meds finally begin. Unfortunately, my DH works overseas, so I will be going the needles solo, but he'll be supporting me from afar, so it's all good.

I wish you all a great day!

Thanks Jellybean! I really do appreciate hearing everyone's experiences with the clinic... it gives me a head's up on what to watch out for.

I did already encounter a little bit of a communication "issue" early on with scheduling and stuff so it gave me reason to constantly be on top of things. I need to know everything that's happening so it's not unusual for me to be constantly calling and asking questions.

Needle three went okay. It was a little more "sore" going in but a few minutes past all was well again. At what point should I start feeling something? I thought I could feel cramp like things at 6:30 this morning when I woke for my Suprefact spray but it could have been gas. :pardon: I think the spotting has stopped which I'm grateful for... one less thing to worry about. I'm anxious to get my E2 levels tomorrow... just to make sure everything is happening as it should.

ME 38 - DH 39
TTC over 13yrs.
IVF #1 BFN; IVF #2 BFN
IVF #3 May 2007
ER - May 23
ET - May 26

Posted Image

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 April 2007 - 01:36 PM

Hi All,

Sorry I've been MIA for a couple of days (has company all weekend!) Glad to hear your injections aren't too bad and your DHs are helping out. I'm just waiting for AF to arrive, hoping any day now so I can start the countdown to Suprefact. I find it's somewhat therapeutic when the meds finally begin. Unfortunately, my DH works overseas, so I will be going the needles solo, but he'll be supporting me from afar, so it's all good.

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 April 2007 - 01:48 PM

Hi All,

You will feel more little cramps and they usually are gas related. Things are getting bigger and taking up more room, causing a little pressure on your stomach. Also, when you are getting closer to the extraction, your pelvis area most likely will be quite swollen. Each of my ovaries grew to the size of big cantelopes and found it very uncomforable to walk and sleep. Be especially careful about potholes and speed bumps, I lost several eggs, so take it easy. Make sure your iron is up and you are not dieting, but eating healthy, during the week before extraction. I also found it quite useful to drink Gatorade.

I wanted to mention that in the states they offer anithesia (spelling?) for the extraction - thank goodness!. I had a cyst removed from my right ovary about a year prior and my right ovary was very sensitive and the procedure was severely painful on the right ovary, so this way I won't be awake at the time of extraction, so the pain is much more tolarable. As you can tell, I am a little bit of a wimp when it comes to needles and pain.

I am sure that everything will go well and I hope you have success. I find having a baby has become more of a need than a want.

#16 Hoping4one

Hoping4one
  • 102 posts

Posted 01 April 2007 - 04:54 PM

Hi All,

You're right. It's good to finally get things moving... it seems like we spend an eternity just waiting and waiting.

You'll have lots of cyber support for the needles as well... we'll be rooting for you. ;)

The spotting has stopped and I feel pretty good today. My tummy is sore from the injections so I have to start planning where the next few will go so I don't end up hitting the same spot twice. :ouch:
Lisa
Me - 35yo / DH - 31yo
IVF #1:

#17 Hoping4one

Hoping4one
  • 102 posts

Posted 02 April 2007 - 08:41 AM

Tanya, I'm sorry I missed you this morning. I got to the clinic at 7:55 and didn't even get a chance to sit down when Brenda called me in for my blood work. You were probably sitting in the waiting room when I was on my way out.

I'm just waiting for them to call me with my E2 level and to let me know the next step. She said that it could be daily ultrasounds starting tomorrow or it might be a day or two later... it all depends on my numbers.
Lisa
Me - 35yo / DH - 31yo
IVF #1:

#18 Hoping4one

Hoping4one
  • 102 posts

Posted 02 April 2007 - 10:48 AM

Well not so great news for me... my E2 went from 46.65 on down regulation day to a whopping 165 today after four stimulation injections. So now my Bravelle dosage has been doubled (225 to 450) for the next three injections to see if it will kick start anything. I have an ultrasound booked for Thursday morning.

Certainly not the news I was hoping for. :(
Lisa
Me - 35yo / DH - 31yo
IVF #1:

#19 tanyas

tanyas
  • 139 posts

Posted 02 April 2007 - 10:50 AM

Hi Lisa,

I actually got there at 7:30. traffic was lighter than expected. I was gone by the time you got there. I just got the call. I am back on Thursday for bloodwork/ultrasound. Who knows, maybe the Easter bunny will deliver some egg. :lol:
Tanya
Me - 31yo
DH - 34yo
TTC 5 years
HSG - Jan 2007
IT'S A GIRL!!!!!

Posted Image

#20 Hoping4one

Hoping4one
  • 102 posts

Posted 02 April 2007 - 10:54 AM

I sure hope so... I need the Easter Bunny to come a little earlier though.

Did you ask for your E2 level? What dosage of meds are you on?
Lisa
Me - 35yo / DH - 31yo
IVF #1:

#21 tanyas

tanyas
  • 139 posts

Posted 02 April 2007 - 11:50 AM

Hi Lisa,

I am on 150 Bravelle and 75 Repronex. I am not savey enough to think to ask what the E2 counts were. I am in for the bloodwork & ultrasound on Thursday, I will remember to ask then. Argh!!! There too much to think of during all of this. I am a little stressed about when the ER will be. DH is out of town next week for 2 days and I just know that is when it will be. :(
Tanya
Me - 31yo
DH - 34yo
TTC 5 years
HSG - Jan 2007
IT'S A GIRL!!!!!

Posted Image

#22 Hoping4one

Hoping4one
  • 102 posts

Posted 02 April 2007 - 12:02 PM

No worries... if your E2 was an issue they would have changed your meds.

If you know the dates DH will be away, you should tell the clinic - they might be able to trigger you a day early or a day later to accommodate.

I know what you mean about so much in your head right now... I totally forgot to tell Brenda about my spotting on the weekend and I forgot a few other questions that I had as well. Oh well, we'll be there often enough over the coming weeks to ask them I guess.
Lisa
Me - 35yo / DH - 31yo
IVF #1:

#23 tanyas

tanyas
  • 139 posts

Posted 02 April 2007 - 12:18 PM

Thanks for the tip. I will let them know when I am in on Thursday. Does the new dosage mean 2 injections per night?
Tanya
Me - 31yo
DH - 34yo
TTC 5 years
HSG - Jan 2007
IT'S A GIRL!!!!!

Posted Image

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 03 April 2007 - 07:19 AM

Good Morning all!
We are on a plan to start cycling May-June. Finally. All tests have been taken and some twice! It has been a long time getting here. One more HSG this month and they should be totally up to date. We already know that it will be with ICSI so at least we can plan for that. I am so glad to see this forum light up again. I got some real crappy news yesterday. My brother and his on/off gf are expecting their second kid. They have a great three year old daughter that was a "total accident"(they had been dating for 2 weeks.......) They seperated in December and when he cam back to the city to see his daughter from Cape breton, he stayed at my house and hooked up with his ex and guess where she thinks she got pregnant? IN MY HOUSE. I have to beleive that God has a plan because if I don't have that, i don't know what I am going to do. I have one brother in CB that has four daughters and he had a vasecomy at the same time DH was having surgery to help our problem. I am worried about trying to conceive with a few extra pounds on my short frame when my other brother's on of gf is obese and smokes like a trooper. The stress is finally making me crack! I was never this bitter really! How do you all deal with the pressure? And I am so heartsick and guilty for being jealous of my brothers that I could vomit. Sorry for dumping on you but I do know where else I can go.

#25 Hoping4one

Hoping4one
  • 102 posts

Posted 03 April 2007 - 08:09 AM

Good morning!

Tanya, yes that's two needles a night... last night was the first... not easy to do at all. I may try icing the area tonight just to deaden things a little... hopefully that will help. So we both have ultrasounds booked for Thursday morning. I sure hope my ovaries are behaving and start making some easter eggs by then. I had to go back to the Pharmasave for more Bravelle yesterday and she said that I would probably have to go back to the clinic on Saturday for another ultrasound as well... you may have a similar schedule. I've been feeling some strange sensations around my ovaries this morning - I'm hoping that's a good sign.

Hi Dimples, welcome to the madness of IVF. It's amazing how long it takes to get to the actual process but once it starts it's pandemonium until it's over. As for the stresses... they don't go away, but you try to deal with them without letting them eat away at you. It's tough to put on a happy face especially when pregnancies are not planned. Rely on this board... we know exactly what you are feeling and there aren't too many people in your day to day life that can say that. I use yoga and deep breathing to get me through things as well. The yoga lets me sweat out some of my stress and the deep breathing and counting help focus me and quell the anger a little. I'm trying to stay as positive as I can - negativity can't help me. Just keep taking good care of yourself, love your DH as much as possible, talk to him when you can and when you can't - come here and talk/vent/cry. Just keep reminding yourself that you are doing everything in your power to become a Mom and that when you do get that good news you will know that you took part in a miracle... no one else's unplanned pregnancies will ever top that.
Lisa
Me - 35yo / DH - 31yo
IVF #1: