3 replies to this topic

#1 Cassandra_Angela

Cassandra_Angela
  • 1000+
  • 2084 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:HART

Posted 06 March 2015 - 04:31 PM

My RE has now started to have a doctor from another clinic working for him occasionally, today I got to meet her. Of course being new to me she wanted to know my history. I also asked if she would do anything differently since shes a fresh set of eyes on my file. She said that she would add intralipid therapy to my protocol. It isnt offered at my clinic (HART) but it is offered at the clinic where my embryos are frozen and where she happens to work (ISIS). I'm now waiting for her to call me back with the details but if any of you have any experience I would appreciate hearing about it.

When is it done cycle wise? Is it expensive?

Please see "about me" section for details

Pictures tell a thousand words: https://www.instagra...dra_angela1981/

#2 janny82

janny82
  • 1000+
  • 1491 posts
  • My Clinic:Edmonton/VFC

Posted 06 March 2015 - 05:46 PM

Hi Supermom! I have done Intralipid therapy with my last 3-4 transfers. They typically like to administer the first dose 7-10 days prior to transfer, and then again once you get a positive beta, and perhaps one last time at a certain number of weeks pregnancy (not sure exact info as I have never gotten pregnant with any of my cycles).

Cost depends on the clinic, I think. At my first clinic, I just paid the price of the intralipids from the pharmacy, which was only $38 or so, and then I had them administered at an outpatient IV clinic, which is of course funded provincially at no cost to me.

At my current clinic, they do them on site and charge $200. I think the dose of the intralipids really depends on the Dr.'s preference for protocol. I had no ill effects or reactions, and the IV took about 45min-1 hr to administer. 

I hope you find success with this new addition to your protocol!

• Highest hopes likes this

#3 Cassandra_Angela

Cassandra_Angela
  • 1000+
  • 2084 posts
  • My Clinic:HART

Posted 06 March 2015 - 06:04 PM

Thanks Janny82 I am excited to be adding something else to the protocol that may be helpful.... well maybe cautiously hopeful is more accurate than excited :)

Please see "about me" section for details

Pictures tell a thousand words: https://www.instagra...dra_angela1981/

#4 nervus optimist

nervus optimist
  • Super Moderator
  • 2677 posts
  • Dx:Genetic
  • My Clinic:newlife

Posted 06 March 2015 - 11:33 PM

I had it added to my last cycle along with neupogen. it was $300/treatment - they hook you up to an iv for about 3 hours each treatment, I believe around ovulation, just after BFP and 4 weeks after that.... I think... don't quote me on that - a lot has happened since then ;) my doctor suggested it because there was no risk (it's basically soymilk, hmmm.... assuming you don't have any allergies) and potential to help. That was also a few years ago - in theory there should be more research on it at this point. Given that that was our successful cycle I will definitely opt in again when it comes time for us to cycle again.  I hope that helps. Wishing you so much luck on this next cycle.

:flowers:

• Highest hopes likes this

I am 38, DH - 39
Genetic - IVF&PGD to prevent Genetic Disorder
IVF #1 - Nov/08 - MC @ 6 weeks, no embryos frozen
IVF #2 - Aug/09 - bfn
IUI #1 - Feb/10 - ectopic
PRIDE - Apr/10
Homestudy - July/10
Given the gift of donor embryos - Jan/12
Donor FET Jun/12 - 9 weeks - no heartbeat... MC
Donor FET Oct/12 - we're PG biggrin.png