Beachlover
  • Global 100+
  • 389 posts
  • Dx:PCOS
  • My Clinic:FCC now RFP

Posted 21 February 2015 - 12:01 PM

Has anyone ever done back to back FET?
I can go back within the next month to do another FET

Agh I don't know what to do - I've stopped all my meds - but I have to decide before my period comes which can be any day within the next week….

Anyone have success???

http://www.roadtoafamily.blogspot.ca

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Code snippet: HTML, Used for websites, email and some forums.
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

#2 Bug88

Bug88
  • 1000+
  • 1633 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor
  • My Clinic:Regional Fertility Program, Calgary AB

Posted 21 February 2015 - 03:29 PM

Beach lover: sorry about your bfn ❤️. I just did a 'back to back FET'.... Or as back to back as my clinics protocol will allow. I transferred dec. 18, bfn, got my period and started downregging with superfact on cd 21. I'm set to transfer next thurs. I'm glad I didn't wait as waiting makes me crazy.... But I've had a hard time in the hormones this go around. I'm on an increased dose but I'm not sure if that's entirely to blame.

Best of luck in your decision. Hopefully some of the wonderful ladies on her can help you out a little more

#3 smurfette_w

smurfette_w
  • Cyclebase
  • 2457 posts

Posted 21 February 2015 - 05:56 PM

I did a back-to-back FET as well (as close as the clinic let me, which was about 2 months apart, I think).  Successful on the second one.  It just depends on far along you were in your first pregnancy.  For me, it was just a chemical in my first FET, so there wouldn't be any noticeable "products of conception" anyway.  But I think if you were farther along, they'd make sure you have miscarried everything before letting you cycle again.

Me: genetic issues
DH: genetic issues, MFI

TTC since Summer 2009

See my profile for details

#4 Beachlover

Beachlover
  • Global 100+
  • 389 posts
  • Dx:PCOS
  • My Clinic:FCC now RFP

Posted 21 February 2015 - 11:55 PM

Thanks girls

This FET just didn't take - so i've stopped my progesterone and estrace and waiting for AF to come and then I can start again - my FET is September 2014 I had a miscarriage and waited till February to try again - I just wanted my body to heal….. 

Its interesting - if I decide to do it ASAP - I don't need to take Lupron - I want to do it right away - I just don't know - I talked to my dr today - and he said if I am mentally prepared to go ahead and do it - just need to decide before AF shows up…...

http://www.roadtoafamily.blogspot.ca

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Code snippet: HTML, Used for websites, email and some forums.
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

#5 smurfette_w

smurfette_w
  • Cyclebase
  • 2457 posts

Posted 22 February 2015 - 12:59 AM

I did mine right away after my first FET failed, I didn't want to wait either and didn't think my body needed to heal because the FET was relatively easy compared to an IVF.

Good luck on whatever you decide!

Me: genetic issues
DH: genetic issues, MFI

TTC since Summer 2009

See my profile for details

#6 Miracle of Mine

Miracle of Mine
  • 7 posts
  • Dx:Genetic
  • My Clinic:TCART

Posted 23 February 2015 - 01:58 PM

Beach lover, or other, is there any research that indicates going back to back can increase chances for success? I Had beta today and am awaiting results but I know in my heart it is bfn. All hpt are negative. I want to be prepared to ask my RE as well about his recommendations but thought I would check in here too. I worry about the emotional impact and hormones and letting my butt recover from PIO injections but at same point wonder is there a benefit to trying again why hormones are still in my system?

Beacherlover, did you make a decision either way?

#7 ociwoman

ociwoman

Mamma mia

• Global 100+
  • 820 posts
  • Dx:N/A

Posted 23 February 2015 - 02:22 PM

Thread crashing here on the back to back FET. I think there are two schools of thought on this subject. I have had one clinic say that it is best to wait for a full natural cycle to pass before trying another FET in order to allow the uterus to rest. Then I had another clinic tell me that a back to back FET is just fine as long as there was no implantation or miscarriage...

We did back to back FETs and got two BFNs - even though the embryos were very high quality. We took a break after that in order to let my body rest and hormones return to normal, and we got a BFP with so-so quality embryos. Who knows if the hormones/break helped or hindered???

I think the thing you need to consider is that taking Lupron and artifical estrogen/progesterone over a few cycles can potentially wreak havoc on your cycles and/or mess up your uterine lining. Once you mess that up, it can take months to get it all back on track. (As was my case.)

Food for thought...

#8 Cassandra_Angela

Cassandra_Angela
  • 1000+
  • 2084 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:HART

Posted 23 February 2015 - 03:37 PM

Beachlover maybe you and I will be cycling together again. I am considering doing a back to back cycle once I have official word that this current one is a bust. I just need to check with my RE to see how it would work in regards to a biopsy/D&C since I dont know how frequently those can be done.

Please see "about me" section for details

Pictures tell a thousand words: https://www.instagra...dra_angela1981/

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: FET, ONE AFTER ANOTHER, SHORTER PROTOCOL, ESTRACE, PROGESTERONE