PCRM Fertility Clinic Poll - PCRM - IVF.ca Forums

Photo
- - - - -

PCRM Fertility Clinic Poll

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

Poll: Rate PCRM (57 member(s) have cast votes)

Atmosphere

1. Excellent (34 votes [59.65%])

Percentage of vote: 59.65%

2. Very Good (20 votes [35.09%])

Percentage of vote: 35.09%

3. Adequate (3 votes [5.26%])

Percentage of vote: 5.26%

4. Unsatisfactory (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

5. Poor (0 votes [0.00%])

Cleanliness

1. Excellent (45 votes [78.95%])

Percentage of vote: 78.95%

2. Very Good (11 votes [19.30%])

Percentage of vote: 19.30%

3. Adequate (1 votes [1.75%])

Percentage of vote: 1.75%

4. Unsatisfactory (0 votes [0.00%])

Knowledge

1. Excellent (32 votes [56.14%])

Percentage of vote: 56.14%

2. Very Good (19 votes [33.33%])

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

3. Adequate (4 votes [7.02%])

Percentage of vote: 7.02%

4. Unsatisfactory (2 votes [3.51%])

Percentage of vote: 3.51%

Patient Rapport (Empathy)

1. Excellent (22 votes [38.60%])

Percentage of vote: 38.60%

2. Very Good (22 votes [38.60%])

3. Adequate (11 votes [19.30%])

Percentage of vote: 19.30%

4. Unsatisfactory (1 votes [1.75%])

5. Poor (1 votes [1.75%])

Friendliness

1. Excellent (24 votes [42.11%])

Percentage of vote: 42.11%

2. Very Good (22 votes [38.60%])

3. Adequate (8 votes [14.04%])

Percentage of vote: 14.04%

4. Unsatisfactory (3 votes [5.26%])

Accessibility

1. Excellent (29 votes [50.88%])

Percentage of vote: 50.88%

2. Very Good (20 votes [35.09%])

3. Adequate (6 votes [10.53%])

Percentage of vote: 10.53%

Communication

1. Excellent (21 votes [36.84%])

Percentage of vote: 36.84%

2. Very Good (24 votes [42.11%])

Percentage of vote: 42.11%

3. Adequate (9 votes [15.79%])

Percentage of vote: 15.79%

5. Poor (2 votes [3.51%])

Counselling

1. Excellent (18 votes [31.58%])

Percentage of vote: 31.58%

2. Very Good (16 votes [28.07%])

Percentage of vote: 28.07%

3. Adequate (15 votes [26.32%])

Percentage of vote: 26.32%

4. Unsatisfactory (6 votes [10.53%])

Percentage of vote: 10.53%

Timeliness

1. Excellent (27 votes [47.37%])

Percentage of vote: 47.37%

2. Very Good (17 votes [29.82%])

Percentage of vote: 29.82%

3. Adequate (9 votes [15.79%])

Percentage of vote: 15.79%

4. Unsatisfactory (2 votes [3.51%])

Clinic Literature

1. Excellent (20 votes [35.09%])

2. Very Good (13 votes [22.81%])

Percentage of vote: 22.81%

3. Adequate (20 votes [35.09%])

4. Unsatisfactory (3 votes [5.26%])

Vote Login to vote

#1 moolani

moolani

Post Doctorate

• Cyclebase
  • 2089 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:Foothills Regional

Posted 20 February 2007 - 06:17 PM

Please rate PCRM in the following categories on a scale of 1-5.

Also, please feel free to leave your comments to help others in their choice of clinics. Be mindful that comments should not contain inflammatory statements or potentially harmful allegations against the clinic or a particular medical professional. Thank you!

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 12:46 AM

I highly recommend that potential patients ask appropriate questions to make sure this clinic will meet their needs. The doctors are very inexperienced and unfortunatley, it impacts the clients. If you are over 35, you will be far more likely to have better success with another clinic.

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 08 September 2007 - 12:44 AM

I highly recommend that potential patients ask appropriate questions to make sure this clinic will meet their needs. The doctors are very inexperienced and unfortunatley, it impacts the clients. If you are over 35, you will be far more likely to have better success with another clinic.

I would like to know what was your experience has to why you stated this comment? are you over 35? and have had a negative experience?

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 10:21 AM

The doctors are very inexperienced and unfortunatley, it impacts the clients. If you are over 35, you will be far more likely to have better success with another clinic.

I had a really great experience at PCRM. I really liked my doctor. I strongly disagree with the above statement. I'm over 35 and just had a baby (via IVF/ICSI). I really have nothing negative to say about this clinic.

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 11:02 AM

We had a very good experience at this clinic. Found the nursing staff to be very understanding of us asking them any question we could come up with, treated DW with the utmost care and really helped keep us positive. Dr's. Havelock, Seethram, and Robertson are very professional, knowledgeable and courteous. The embryologists there are short and to the point but if you ask for more information they will be happy to provide that to you, always had call backs within the hour. Our issues were with the timeliness of receiving call backs at different points in the process(ie. results after 2ww). However we learnt very quickly that anytime we are wondering about anything to call the clinic!! Our calls were always returned in a timely manner. I would recommend going to this clinic.

#6 Lil Solara

Lil Solara
  • 228 posts
  • My Clinic:Burnaby

Posted 08 August 2008 - 09:26 AM

I had nothing but an extremely wonderful experience with this clinic! Especially compared to the treatment I get from the Edmonton Clinic. All the DR's were wonderful, and did everything they could to make me understand what was going on and making me comfortable. The embryologists both were great as well. They called me when they said they would, and explained everything in detail :) And the nurse I dealt with, Taryn was fantastic~!!
Me (Katrina) ~ 32 DH ~ 32
TTC #1 Since Fall of 2004
"Unexplained Fertilty"
6 Cycles of Clomid, 3-IUI/Clomid, 2-IUI/Gonal F
M/C October 2006
June 2008 ~ IVF #1 - Transferred two beautiful embryos = BFN
October 2008 ~ FET = BFN
We have decided to stop all IF treatments! :)

January 11th ~ Found out we were picked for a Private Direct Adoption
February 19th ~ Our dream finally came true!! Welcome Patrick Douglas, 6lbs. 5 oz.

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 07:09 AM

I thought PCRM was pretty good, until I switched to VFC - then I saw true excellence, from top to bottom.

#8 Jenn77

Jenn77
  • 211 posts
  • Dx:Tubal
  • My Clinic:PCRM

Posted 31 December 2009 - 10:54 PM

We had a great experience at PCRM, the staff and Dr's are wonderful!!! They accomodated my every need right down to a little sedation for the e/t....Dr Seethrum was understanding, gentle and did not do anything to me without explaining himself first! Dr Havelok was equally as wonderful and took I am sure more time than he maybe wanted answering my million questions. The nurses are AMAZING, returned all my calls, answered questions and over all showed a lot of compassion for my situation......I travelled to PCRM from Calgary and have no regrets at all, I would highly reccomend this clinic especially if you are the type of patient that needs a little extra tlc, they were all amazing and the clinic is beautiful!

• Azu likes this
Me33,DH33
TTC 3yrs
DX un-explained/poss tubal
Oct2009 IVF try #1 (Foothills),stubborn cervix could not get thru moc transfer
high anxiety/low threshold for pain, laminaria tent placed (didn't work)
Decided to stop cycle and find a clinic that could offer deep sedation, crazy I know.
Jan 2009 ectopic pregnancy, happened on it's own??!!
Oct 19/09 Hystereoscopy, uterus good
IVF try #2 at PCRM
Nov 10/09 Started Marvelon
Nov 21/09 Started Lupron
Dec 3/09 Baseline, Started stims!!
Dec 6/09 b/w estrogen @ 547
Dec 8/09 estrogen 1337 5 follicles each side (11-14mm)
Dec 10/09 estrogen 4774 5 follicles each side (14-16mm)
Dec 12/09 estrogen 9582 12 follicles (18-21mm)
Dec 12/09 Trigger shot....
Dec 14/09 13 retrieved, 12 mature, 7 fertilized
Dec 19/09 transfered 2 blasts 4AA&4BB
wait, wait, wait, now............
Dec 29/09 1st Beta 565!!!!!!!!!!!!! BFP!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dec 31/09 2nd Beta 1252!!!!!!!
Jan 11/2010 Confirmed by u/s TWINS, two heart beats!!!!!
April 9/2010 It's a Boy and a Girl!!!
August 20/2010 scheduled c-section

August 11/2010 had my babies!!!! 36 weeks and 2 days. Went for my weekly check-up and my blood pressure was up up, sent for b/w and that came back abnormal Dr's decided to take babies early. Bowen Robert 6.11lbs and Brooklyn Isabella 5.7lbs are both happy and healthy, I am truly blesssed and one of the lucky ones that got to have a very happy ending to this journey.

#9 NoMoreBFNs

NoMoreBFNs
  • 117 posts
  • Interests:Outdoor activities like hiking, kayaking, skiing and snowshoeing.
    Knitting
    Reading
    The Vancouver Canucks
  • Dx:Endometriosis
  • My Clinic:Pacific Center for Reproductive Medicine

Posted 01 May 2010 - 09:22 PM

When my DH and I discovered PCRM, we felt like we got a breath of fresh air.

To understand this, you need to understand where we were coming from. Our first clinic that we went through in Calgary has a long wait after your initial referral. we also found that it was very difficult to communicate with them as they never answer the phone and you are always required to leave messages and wait for a return phone call. Phone calls were returned in a timely manner, but we often missed the calls and had to play phone tag. The clinic itself could use some decor upgrading. We often felt that our appointments were rushed and didn't have enough time with the doc to process what was said. A few more minutes of their time would have given us the chance to process and think of questions. That said, we thought our doc there was great and felt that she really supported us.

The atmosphere at PCRM is what really impressed us initially. The facility itself is beautiful and decorated in such a way that you feel relaxed the moment you walk in. We have found all staff to be friendly, personable and willing to take the time to talk with you and answer all of your questions. During our first meeting with Dr. Roberts, we felt that he was knowledgeable, supportive and caring. Since then, our meetings have taken place over the phone and we still feel as supported. Also, because my DH and I are teachers, we were hoping to do IVF during our summer holiday and they have been very accommodating with our timeline.

PCRM welcomed us with open arms and we are so grateful! Posted Image

• Azu likes this
Me 32, DH 33

Feb 2006: Ready to begin TTC
Feb 2006 to July 2008: TTC the natural way
July 2008: Began cycle charting
February 2009: Referral to Calgary Regional Fertility clinic
March 2009: BFP, delightful surprise!!
April 2009: MC at 6 weeks, devastated.
September 2009: First appointment at clinic, Dx: Low antral follicle count, ovarian cyst
Oct, Nov, Dec 2009: Clomid, no success
February 2010: Surgery to remove cyst, Dx stage one endo, IVF recommended
March 2010: Switch to PCRM

June 2010: Begin IVF on antagonist protocol

June 18: begin BCP
July 8 : baseline ultrasound
July 9 : begin injections- bravelle (300 units) and menopur (150 units)
July14: continue bravelle and menopuar, begin orgalutran injection
July 18: u/s shows 15 follicles measuring 12 - 14 mm
July 22: 17 eggs retrieved! So relieved!
July 23: 10 eggs fertilized but told that all embies are of average to poor quaility. FX.
July 24: We had late fertilization of an 11th egg. 7 embies have bubbles but all developing . . .
Happy 3rd Anniversary to Us!!
July 25: 7 embies still going strong but 4 didn't make it. keep growing little ones!
July 26: Down to 4 embies now . . .
July 27: ET Transferred 2 blasts, both ranked 2BB.
Welcome home Spot and Dot!
July 28: Clinic phoned, 0 frosties. Feeling sad about that.
Aug.1: begin to feel OHSS symptoms
Aug. 3. Admitted to hospital to manage OHSS, urine HCG at 63 (maybe a BFP but too scared to be hopeful)
Aug.4 to August 11: Had a total of 7 Litres of fluid drained from abdomen during a week long hospital visit.
Aug. 5: Beta at 162 (9dp5dt). It is a BFP!!!
Aug.6: Beta at 286 (10dp5dt).
Aug.20 at 6w1day: u/s showed 2 heartbeats which equals TWINS!! Thank you, thank you!
Estimated Due Date: April 14, 2011.
Aug.30 at 7w4day :u/s Spot = 1.1cm Hearbeat of 144, Dot = 1.5cm Hearbeat of 153. Keeping growing you guys!
Sept.4: begin spotting, oh no! Hang on Spot and Dot!!
Sept.7 at 8w5days: u/s Spot heartbeat of 169, Dot heartbeat of 173. Thank goodness!!
Sept.30 at 12w: u/s Spot = 5.2cm, heartbeat of 162, Dot = 5.9cm, heartbeat of 165
Nov. 15 at 18w4days: ultrasound reveals that Spot is girl and Dot is a boy!! Spot is measuring one week ahead and Dot is about 5 days ahead! Both are active and healthy!
Dec. 14 at 22w5days: u/s. Spot and Dot both weigh between 1.1 and 1.2 pounds! Dot is now a little heavier than Spot. Both are very active these days!
Jan.17 at 27w4 days: u/s: Spot is weighing in at 2.4 pounds while Dot weights 2.2 pounds. Cervix has shortened to 2.2cm, HOLD ON cervix!
Jan. 24: Blood pressure elevated.
Jan.26: Blood pressure rising, Preeclampsia diagnosed.
Jan. 29: Admittted to hospital for preeclampsia and HELLP Syndrome and given steroid injection.
Feb.1: Spot and Dot have graduated . . . . WELCOME ABIGAIL ( 3 pounds, 4 ounces) and CAMDEN ( 2 pounds, 12 ounces).

#10 ljmoore

ljmoore
  • 8 posts
  • Interests:Have 2 jack russell terriers, Tyson and Spike. Like cross-stitching, scrapbooking and would love to learn how to use my sewing machine.
  • Dx:Tubal

Posted 03 May 2010 - 03:38 PM

My husband and I just return from our IVF procedure in mid-April from PCRM and what a great experience we had. The atmosphere was very relaxing/peacful. I dealt with all 3 doctors throughout our stay and they were all wonderful. I found them to be very caring and empathetic to our situation. The nurses were wonderful as well. I never felt like I was wasting anyone's time by asking question after question, or calling the clinic to talk to a nurse, which was a great feeling. My calls were always return in a timely manner as well. Overall, I would definately recommend PCRM!

#11 Paul_S

Paul_S
  • 9 posts
  • Dx:N/A

Posted 21 May 2010 - 12:40 PM

After having 4 horendous and unsuccessful cycles at Genesis I can say our experience at PCRM was night and day. These people are the best. We are now expecting twins from our first attempt with them.
  • Azu likes this

#12 showmethebaby:)

showmethebaby:)
  • 22 posts
  • Interests:Family & Friends. Horse Riding, Yoga & Running. Photography.
  • My Clinic:Foothills

Posted 14 March 2011 - 01:16 PM

When making my decision to switch clinics, I poured over any comments I could find on the forum, so I wanted to let you know how much I love PCRM.

Although I am just coming up to my retrieval, I can already tell you how great PCRM is. Of course I am comparing PCRM to the Edmonton Clinic so it may be all relative.

The clinic is clean and serene. They appreciate your time and the wait is short.

The quality of care is great. The nurses know who I am and often continue conversations that we have had in days past. The doctor has read my chart prior to entering the room, has read my history in detail and makes reference to my history when choosing a direction of care. The nurses return calls quickly, and sit down with me in a timely manner to answer any questions.

The embroyologist calls you every day to update you on your embryos, which is great.

I am just so happy that I made a change. This is such an emotional process and it is nice to have a clinic that supports you as a person, and as a family. That I truly feel at the end of the day, that they are actually looking out for us.

I love PCRM.

I will love them even more if this works (: JK. kindof.
2008 started trying

2010 October IVF#1 at the Edmonton Clinic
Gonal F, Luveris & Cetrotide
BFN with no frozen embies

2011 March IVF#2 at PCRM
Gonal F, Menopur & Lupron
BFN with no frozen embies

2011 July IVF #3 at PCRM
Gonal F & microdose Lupron
BFN with 2 frozen embies

2011 October FET #1 at PCRM
BFN

2012 October IVF #4 at Foothills
DHEA for 3 months, baby asprin
Suprefact and estrogen patches
Gonal F, Luveris & Cetrotide
BFP with no frozen embies

#13 Laura.Woods

Laura.Woods

Laura Woods

• 13 posts
  • Dx:PCOS

Posted 23 October 2012 - 01:40 AM

After having 4 horendous and unsuccessful cycles at Genesis I can say our experience at PCRM was night and day. These people are the best. We are now expecting twins from our first attempt with them.

Ive had 2 Issues with genesis and now ive decided to switch to pcrm so im glad to read this

#14 Ira-babylover

Ira-babylover

Ira

• Global 100+
  • 132 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:00 PM

I have a bad experience with PCRM. The nurses are always in a rush don't have time to talk. After my failed IVF first question dr. Seethram asked me was "when you want to stop IVF?"
It broke my heart to get this question instead of any sympathy. He tried to talk me into donor egg. km 37. its too early for that.
I am going to consult dr. Rowe who juined PCRM from vancouver hospital for second opinion. I hope it goes well.
  • RiseAbove likes this

#15 CWSDMC

CWSDMC
  • 5 posts
  • Dx:PCOS

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:52 PM

I wanted to say that I was very please with my experience at PCRM.  I had 2 IVF's and 1 IUI there.   Both rounds of IVF resulted in BFP, unfortunately my first ended up in an early miscarriage.  However we are now pregnant with twins. 

I had Dr. Seethram throughout and he’s so friendly, humorous and easy going.  He made me feel at ease with the entire procedure.  He and his wife also went through IVF.  I found that this made him more understanding of the emotional turmoil that I experienced.   I communicated  with him many times via email as this was easiest for me (due to work).  He was always quick to reply.  If I needed to have a further conversation, he was always available for a phone call. 

I also regard the other two doctors, Dr. Havelock and Dr. Roberts (who you'll meet during rounds) highly.  I know people think Dr. Roberts comes across as "cold".  But I didn't find him that way at all.  He's a very "matter of fact" person and is very frank.  I personally I appreciate candidness.  I prefer to be told straight up if something is not going right then having a doctor that beats around the bush with good or bad news.  He may not be for everyone, but I find him very knowledgeable.  He did my retrieval and transfer both time and both times was very encouraging and walked me through the procedure step by step. 

The nurses themselves were unbelievably helpful.  Especially during our first round of IVF with my 101 questions and my almost daily calls.  They would always answer within the day.  I never had to wait more than the end of the business day for my questions.  I got to know some of the nurses well.  Heather, Beth Ann, Pearl, Jocelyn… all very personal and friendly.  They made the morning to morning experience of having to get poked and prodded easier. 

And of course Jill, their Embryologist who called daily every morning with how our embryos are doing.   I was split between transferring 2 or 3 embryos (since this was our last chance at IVF financially).  It was her and Dr. Seethram that walked me through the last step to decide what would give us the highest chances. 

I do question myself sometimes, that if I didn’t get pregnant would I feel the same way about PCRM as I do today?  And the answer is yes.  Even after our first attempt, it never even occurred to me to seek another clinic due to positive experience that I had with them. 

• helwa and Azu like this

#16 Boxermom

Boxermom
  • 61 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 03:36 PM

I loved my experience at this clinic and was sad when I was 'released' to an OBGYN.  Dr. H was my main doctor but Dr. Seethram talked me down from the ledge and was an advocate to continue my treatment as I only had 5 follicles.  Where others may have said, let's try again next time - he through many sobs told me all I needed was one.  Well, I got four eggs, three fertilized, I put two back (was 39 years old) and now have the most beautiful 3 year old boy/girl twins.  I wouldn't have them today if it weren't for PCRM.  Thanks again guys!

• Azu likes this

#17 Azu

Azu
  • Just Hatched
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 02:40 AM

I am a patient coming from the U.S. to PCRM and I have had a great experience I really like that Dr. H took time to explain, and be very through. I am getting a tubal reversal done and am hoping that it will all go good!

I choose PCRM because after going to several  places in and out of the U.S. I found that this place really met my needs. I felt trust with this Dr. H  and his staff, I ought to trust and feel safe with whom will be putting me down for surgery right.

Anyway I could go on and on but I do recommend PCRM.

I was told I would be scheduled in May 2014 so I will keep you posted on if and when I do conceive! preggo.gif