Anyone have experience with IVIG, nuprogen, intralipids or levenox?? - IVF Ages 35+ - IVF.ca Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Anyone have experience with IVIG, nuprogen, intralipids or levenox??

ivig nuprogen intralipids levenox prednisone

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 PPD

PPD
  • 19 posts
  • Interests:Running, horse back riding, skiing, stamping
  • Dx:Endometriosis
  • My Clinic:CNY Fertility Center Albany

Posted 10 February 2015 - 12:30 PM

My last IVF cycle was unsuccessful. My fresh transfer of 2 embryos resulted in a m/c at 8.5 weeks. My first FET of 2 embryos-chemical and the final FET of 2 embryos was negative. 

My doctor has suggested IVIG, nuprogen, intradlipids, levenox and prednisone for my next fresh cycle.  I will begin this protocol after a month of the Atkins diet to cleanse and try to reduce any inflammation I may have due to my endometriosis. I am researching but would love to hear any personal experiences. Thank you in advance for your help

#2 waitingforbfp

waitingforbfp
  • Global 100+
  • 469 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:KRF/Olive

Posted 10 February 2015 - 12:53 PM

First question: why IVIG and intrillipids....never heard of both being done at the same time. It is normally one or the other. IVIG is more expensive. We did intrillipids (2 infusions before our last transfer). Bring a good book...it takes about 3 hours for the infusion. If you go onto Dr Beers site, he has some good info on intrillipids. 

I did prednisone (high doses) and Fragmin (like Lovenox--blood thinner) with that FET also. The prednisone has some nasty side effects so be prepared for weight gain and bloating. Try to ween yourself off them when it comes time (I cut cold turkey once and will never do that again). 

Neupogen and chloroquine are my last 'long shot' meds to try (along with the other meds I am on-pred, fragmin, intrillipids) before moving onto surrogacy. I have to be 100% gluten free, dairy free and egg free for 3 months prior to them allowing us to cycle again. I am doing a paleo/anti inflammatory diet. 

Have you had any immune testing? I see your from the States :) They have more options to test for immune disorders and inflammation than in Canada. Best of luck. 

• PPD likes this

Me-38 DH- 42

TTC since 2000
Unexplained Secondary Infertility (Had a son while a teen and gave him up for adoption)
March 2000- M/C @ 11 weeks
January 2001- M/C @ 9 weeks
February 2003- M/C @ 8 weeks
2004-2007- 6 Cycles of clomid and natural conception- BFN
November 2009- IUI with injectables- BFN
February 2010- IUI with injectables- BFN
May 2012-Consult with KRF. Re-due blood tests and prep for IVF
June 2012-Started taking Estrace for estrogen priming protocol
Blood test to see why af hasn't started. BFP with low numbers. Chemical Pregnancy
IVF#1 (KRF/Genesis)--July 29, 2012- Estrogen Priming Protocol
August 19-Egg Retrieval 20 eggs; 18 fertilized; 11 made it to Day 5
August 24- Transferred 1 Blast; Froze 4 (the rest didn't make it overnight to Day 6)
Sept 2-Took HPT (Faint Positive)
Sept 5-Beta 3 (BFN--Another Chemical)
FET#1(KRF/Genesis)-Oct 30 2012 On Estrace and Prednisone. Transferred 2 blasts (Had to thaw 3-one didn't make it. One left in the freezer)
Nov 13 2012- Beta- BFN

FET#2(KRF/Genesis) -Nov 16,2013 BETA Nov 27--Chemical Pregnancy 

IVF#2 (KRF/Olive)Consult Jan 27. (Doing CCS & immune treatments this cycle)

Estrogen Priming Starts February 19, 2014 YAY!!!!

STIMS START March 1, 2014

Retrieval Mar 13, 2014. 17 eggs retrieved, 16 of which mature and 15 fertilized. 

11 made it to blast and were biopsied and frozen. 5 NORMAL BLASTS yahoo.gif

FET with next af (transfer May, hopefully). 

FET transfer with One Normal Perfect Embryo May 15, 2014

5dp5dt--Faint positive on hpt. Darker on 6dp5dt yahoo.gif

BETA--May 26, 2014 (FX this is it)

ANOTHER F**KING chemical--beta 21 th_agrr.gif

FET#2--Lining scan on July 15. Lining at 10mm and dominate follicle is at 19mm. Waiting on ovulation to time transfer. Here we go again. FX this is it!!!

TRANSFER July 21, 2014--1 PGS Normal Blast

8th confirmed Chemical

LOOKING FOR A SURROGATE. Still have 3 PGS normal embryos frozen.

Trying again with my body......'initial' consult is April 14

#3 MrsBR

MrsBR
  • Global 100+
  • 570 posts
  • Dx:Vasectomy
  • My Clinic:MFC/OVO

Posted 10 February 2015 - 05:34 PM

I did 6 fresh IVF's. The first 5 were all BFN's. It was supposed to be a walk in the park as per our RE because we were only doing it because of my husbands vasectomy during his previous marriage. I was 29 when we started and everyone thought it would be so easy. Well that was totally wrong and it turned out I had endo which I never knew about. 3 cycles at 1 clinic with no success and we switched to a clinic who actually tried different things. They basically figured the issue as an implantation failure and tried a bunch of stuff to try and fix it. I have autoimmune disease which made them think my body was rejecting the embryos. As it turns out on our 6th try we finally got our BFP. I did IVIG, prednisone, neurogen wash, and our embryo were grown on a piece of my endometrium. Not sure what exactly worked, but whatever it is I'll take it. I'm a true believer in trying everything and being able to look back with no regrets.
I do agree tho that I intralipids and IVIG seems too much. Should be one of the other.
Wishing you lots of luck!
  • waitingforbfp and PPD like this
1 year...6 fresh ivf's...so many failed attempts...we finally got a BFP on Nov 27, 2014. What finally worked: co culture, G - CSF, IVIG, prednisone.Nov 27 Beta 112 Nov 29 Beta 291 Dec 16Saw 2 flickering heartbeats on ultrasound!!!! (from a single blastocyst transfer)Looking like identical twins for us...wowDec 22 control u/s to make sure the babies are growing. Only 1 H/B found.1 twin didn't make it. Just 1 baby for us. Jan 23 NT scan and blood work came back all normal! As per our amazing technician...70% chance it's a girl!Mar 18th 20 week anatomy scan shows a perfectly healthy baby girl!
Madison arrives on July 17 2015 at 37 weeks 2 days! 10 fingers and 10 toes...perfect in every way.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

#4 nervus optimist

nervus optimist
  • Super Moderator
  • 2677 posts
  • Dx:Genetic
  • My Clinic:newlife

Posted 10 February 2015 - 10:44 PM

I was on neupogen and interlipids for my last cycle - 4th pregnancy - first birth - healthy baby asleep upstairs. I don't know if they are what made the difference, but they were the only thing that was different from my last cycle to the one before it.

wishing you lots of luck in your upcoming cycle.

:flowers:

I am 38, DH - 39
Genetic - IVF&PGD to prevent Genetic Disorder
IVF #1 - Nov/08 - MC @ 6 weeks, no embryos frozen
IVF #2 - Aug/09 - bfn
IUI #1 - Feb/10 - ectopic
PRIDE - Apr/10
Homestudy - July/10
Given the gift of donor embryos - Jan/12
Donor FET Jun/12 - 9 weeks - no heartbeat... MC
Donor FET Oct/12 - we're PG biggrin.png

===> Beautiful baby boy born 2013 babyboy.gif

Donor FET Oct/16 - chemical

April 2017 - surprise PG

===> Beautiful baby girl born 2017 babygirl.gif

#5 rollergirl

rollergirl

Cougar Alert....loves boy toys...the younger the better!!

• 1000+
  • 1884 posts
  • Dx:Other
  • My Clinic:VFC

Posted 11 February 2015 - 12:21 AM

I did intralipids, fragmin, neupogen and steroids.....third cycle sucessful....and the RE thought that it wouldn't hurt to try everything and everything for me and referred to it as the whole kitchen sink approach....well...it worked...identical twins....good luck to ya...

Me-72 DH-26 It is what it is...

#6 PPD

PPD
  • 19 posts
  • Interests:Running, horse back riding, skiing, stamping
  • Dx:Endometriosis
  • My Clinic:CNY Fertility Center Albany

Posted 11 February 2015 - 08:36 AM

Thank you for your experiences. I don't know what the exact protocol will be it's what he mentioned to me. I'll have a better grasp of the exact protocol at the end of the month when I consult with him again.  I know we are doing the kitchen sink approach as this will be my last cycle. I'll do whatever it takes for this to work. I haven't had immune testing as of yet. But that could be on the horizon. 

So excited to hear positive outcomes from you 

#7 waitingforbfp

waitingforbfp
  • Global 100+
  • 469 posts
  • My Clinic:KRF/Olive

Posted 11 February 2015 - 12:53 PM

I did intralipids, fragmin, neupogen and steroids.....third cycle sucessful....and the RE thought that it wouldn't hurt to try everything and everything for me and referred to it as the whole kitchen sink approach....well...it worked...identical twins....good luck to ya...

I see your with VFC...Dr H was the one who gave us our second opinion. What an amazing man. Just curious if you can remember how much neupogen cost you? I have been trying to get quotes but finding it varies greatly ($500-$4000/month). Did he mention chloroquine also? This our my last 2 'long shot' meds to add to the mix.......

Me-38 DH- 42

TTC since 2000
Unexplained Secondary Infertility (Had a son while a teen and gave him up for adoption)
March 2000- M/C @ 11 weeks
January 2001- M/C @ 9 weeks
February 2003- M/C @ 8 weeks
2004-2007- 6 Cycles of clomid and natural conception- BFN
November 2009- IUI with injectables- BFN
February 2010- IUI with injectables- BFN
May 2012-Consult with KRF. Re-due blood tests and prep for IVF
June 2012-Started taking Estrace for estrogen priming protocol
Blood test to see why af hasn't started. BFP with low numbers. Chemical Pregnancy
IVF#1 (KRF/Genesis)--July 29, 2012- Estrogen Priming Protocol
August 19-Egg Retrieval 20 eggs; 18 fertilized; 11 made it to Day 5
August 24- Transferred 1 Blast; Froze 4 (the rest didn't make it overnight to Day 6)
Sept 2-Took HPT (Faint Positive)
Sept 5-Beta 3 (BFN--Another Chemical)
FET#1(KRF/Genesis)-Oct 30 2012 On Estrace and Prednisone. Transferred 2 blasts (Had to thaw 3-one didn't make it. One left in the freezer)
Nov 13 2012- Beta- BFN

FET#2(KRF/Genesis) -Nov 16,2013 BETA Nov 27--Chemical Pregnancy 

IVF#2 (KRF/Olive)Consult Jan 27. (Doing CCS & immune treatments this cycle)

Estrogen Priming Starts February 19, 2014 YAY!!!!

STIMS START March 1, 2014

Retrieval Mar 13, 2014. 17 eggs retrieved, 16 of which mature and 15 fertilized. 

11 made it to blast and were biopsied and frozen. 5 NORMAL BLASTS yahoo.gif

FET with next af (transfer May, hopefully). 

FET transfer with One Normal Perfect Embryo May 15, 2014

5dp5dt--Faint positive on hpt. Darker on 6dp5dt yahoo.gif

BETA--May 26, 2014 (FX this is it)

ANOTHER F**KING chemical--beta 21 th_agrr.gif

FET#2--Lining scan on July 15. Lining at 10mm and dominate follicle is at 19mm. Waiting on ovulation to time transfer. Here we go again. FX this is it!!!

TRANSFER July 21, 2014--1 PGS Normal Blast

8th confirmed Chemical

LOOKING FOR A SURROGATE. Still have 3 PGS normal embryos frozen.

Trying again with my body......'initial' consult is April 14

#8 cynthia

cynthia
  • 39 posts
  • Dx:N/A
  • My Clinic:MFC

Posted 03 March 2015 - 08:59 PM

Hi Everyone,

Can I ask a question on intralipids?  Does anyone know if intralipids will decrease NK cells (Natural Killer cells)?  I have elevated NK cells...and I'm trying to see if there are any alternatives besides IVIG (this is a blood product) which I want to stay away from...just wondering if anyone would know if intralipids would lower the NK cells?

Any response is greatly appreciated!

#9 rollergirl

rollergirl

Cougar Alert....loves boy toys...the younger the better!!

• 1000+
  • 1884 posts
  • Dx:Other
  • My Clinic:VFC

Posted 04 March 2015 - 12:10 AM

I see your with VFC...Dr H was the one who gave us our second opinion. What an amazing man. Just curious if you can remember how much neupogen cost you? I have been trying to get quotes but finding it varies greatly ($500-$4000/month). Did he mention chloroquine also? This our my last 2 'long shot' meds to add to the mix.......

The neupogen shot was only 200 dollars  for one cycle and that is all for us for several cycles...I know he has done neupogen uterine washes a couple of years ago but went to the shot....

Me-72 DH-26 It is what it is...

#10 Kitty2011

Kitty2011
  • Global 100+
  • 206 posts
  • My Clinic:New Life Fertility

Posted 04 March 2015 - 12:20 PM

From my understanding the neupogen wash is for the uterine lining whereas the injections are to address any immune issues or rejection of embryo problems. I could be wrong but thats how it was explained to me. I did have success with neupogen injections, not the wash though. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ivig, nuprogen, intralipids, levenox, prednisone