Foothills Clinic Poll - Foothills - IVF.ca Forums

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Foothills Clinic Poll

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

Poll: Rate Foothills RFP (201 member(s) have cast votes)

Atmosphere

1. Excellent (45 votes [22.39%])

Percentage of vote: 22.39%

2. Very Good (91 votes [45.27%])

Percentage of vote: 45.27%

3. Adequate (60 votes [29.85%])

Percentage of vote: 29.85%

4. Unsatisfactory (4 votes [1.99%])

Percentage of vote: 1.99%

5. Poor (1 votes [0.50%])

Percentage of vote: 0.50%

Cleanliness

1. Excellent (102 votes [50.75%])

Percentage of vote: 50.75%

2. Very Good (78 votes [38.81%])

Percentage of vote: 38.81%

3. Adequate (20 votes [9.95%])

Percentage of vote: 9.95%

4. Unsatisfactory (1 votes [0.50%])

5. Poor (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Knowledge

1. Excellent (90 votes [44.78%])

Percentage of vote: 44.78%

3. Adequate (27 votes [13.43%])

Percentage of vote: 13.43%

4. Unsatisfactory (5 votes [2.49%])

Percentage of vote: 2.49%

5. Poor (1 votes [0.50%])

Patient Rapport (Empathy)

1. Excellent (54 votes [26.87%])

Percentage of vote: 26.87%

2. Very Good (67 votes [33.33%])

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

3. Adequate (47 votes [23.38%])

Percentage of vote: 23.38%

4. Unsatisfactory (22 votes [10.95%])

Percentage of vote: 10.95%

5. Poor (11 votes [5.47%])

Percentage of vote: 5.47%

Friendliness

1. Excellent (60 votes [29.85%])

Percentage of vote: 29.85%

2. Very Good (76 votes [37.81%])

Percentage of vote: 37.81%

3. Adequate (49 votes [24.38%])

Percentage of vote: 24.38%

4. Unsatisfactory (12 votes [5.97%])

Percentage of vote: 5.97%

5. Poor (4 votes [1.99%])

Percentage of vote: 1.99%

Accessibility

1. Excellent (34 votes [16.92%])

Percentage of vote: 16.92%

2. Very Good (72 votes [35.82%])

Percentage of vote: 35.82%

3. Adequate (59 votes [29.35%])

Percentage of vote: 29.35%

4. Unsatisfactory (24 votes [11.94%])

Percentage of vote: 11.94%

5. Poor (12 votes [5.97%])

Percentage of vote: 5.97%

Communication

1. Excellent (35 votes [17.41%])

Percentage of vote: 17.41%

2. Very Good (56 votes [27.86%])

Percentage of vote: 27.86%

3. Adequate (52 votes [25.87%])

Percentage of vote: 25.87%

4. Unsatisfactory (32 votes [15.92%])

Percentage of vote: 15.92%

5. Poor (26 votes [12.94%])

Percentage of vote: 12.94%

Counselling

1. Excellent (45 votes [22.39%])

Percentage of vote: 22.39%

2. Very Good (64 votes [31.84%])

Percentage of vote: 31.84%

3. Adequate (63 votes [31.34%])

Percentage of vote: 31.34%

4. Unsatisfactory (20 votes [9.95%])

5. Poor (9 votes [4.48%])

Percentage of vote: 4.48%

Timeliness

1. Excellent (40 votes [19.90%])

Percentage of vote: 19.90%

2. Very Good (63 votes [31.34%])

Percentage of vote: 31.34%

3. Adequate (52 votes [25.87%])

Percentage of vote: 25.87%

4. Unsatisfactory (20 votes [9.95%])

5. Poor (26 votes [12.94%])

Percentage of vote: 12.94%

Clinic Literature

1. Excellent (34 votes [16.92%])

Percentage of vote: 16.92%

3. Adequate (68 votes [33.83%])

Percentage of vote: 33.83%

4. Unsatisfactory (11 votes [5.47%])

Percentage of vote: 5.47%

5. Poor (10 votes [4.98%])

Percentage of vote: 4.98%

Vote Login to vote

#1 moolani

moolani

Post Doctorate

• Cyclebase
  • 2089 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:Foothills Regional

Posted 20 February 2007 - 04:33 PM

Please rate Foothills RFP Clinic in the following categories on a scale of 1-5.

Also, please feel free to leave your comments to help others in their choice of clinics. Be mindful that comments should not contain inflammatory statements or potentially harmful allegations against the clinic or a particular medical professional. Thank you!

#2 Funnygirl

Funnygirl
  • 57 posts
  • My Clinic:Foothills

Posted 20 February 2007 - 06:03 PM

I found most everyone to be very friendly & helpful during our IVF. The reception staff seemed knowledgeable, lab techs were gentle( except for one male one time- hurt like HEll!) I saw all Docs at some point and embryologists were great( I should have asked more questions though!)
nursing staff before /after ET & ER were all super! I did not really pay attention to the cleanliness, but I guess it was OK!!
Selene( 39)
Dh( 39)
Curtis Eric June 7/07
7lbs 13oz, 20"
11mos 3wks 21.5lbs 29"
need poloyp removed then FET Sept/Oct 08?

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 22 February 2007 - 11:00 AM

My hubby and I had an excellent experience at Foothills. I would highly recommend this clinic for treatment in a heartbeat.
The DRs and nurses were very knowledgeable and helpful throughout the entire IVF process.

Meredith

#4 Birdie

Birdie
  • 1000+
  • 176 posts
  • Interests:reading, ancient religions/philosophies/civilizations ete novels NO ROMANCES ACK!!<br />crafts, sewing both machine and needlework. Crocheting<br />Stained glass work<br />Astronomy<br />Gardening<br />drawing <br />water color painting... just teaching myself that now.<br />I believe in and collect fairies he he he
  • Dx:Other

Posted 27 February 2007 - 03:52 AM

I will be starting my flair protocol in about 2 weeks. Regardless how things turn out for us success wise, I would still recommend this clinic to anyone. The whole team are well informed, VERY efficient and have such a loving human way of dealing with you. The information session is fantastic, and the personal care is the best I have ever experienced.
Maybe I'll have to update this in another couple of months... we have every reason to be excited
((HUGS)) Birdie
Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image

Posted Image

Mom of 4 (1precious angel in heaven with his daddy)
Me 41, DH 36.. (not a daddy yet)
TTC 3 yrs
Tubal reversal Feb 2004
Ectopic Rupture @ 6wks May 2004
Ectopic Sept 2004
BFP Christmas eve 2006.....
Grrrrr Ectopic,
Emergancy surgery on my birthday, Jan 6th 2007
Flare Protocol with AEH, & poss ICSI
Low dose ASA March11.. till BFP
BCP March 11 for 21 days
U/S March 26/07...... US & BW was GREAT!!! Start injections next!
Suprefact - 80 IU x 2per day, april 3rd-Till HCG injection,
April 5th start
Gonal F 450 IU
Repronex 150 IU
BW & US in Foothills on April 10th woo hooo

pheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew! HANG ON!!!!

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 04 June 2007 - 12:42 PM

I think they are very good if you respond well to the meds and are likely to be a success story. I am about to do my 3rd IVF cycle with them and feel like I have a black mark next to my name. My doctor said because my FSH is high he would try to expedite getting me in sooner. When I completed all the tests I was told I would need to complete, I called the nurse to find out what the chances of my getting in that cycle would be. She pulled my chart and told me that my "other" b/w had expired. I asked if she would fax the requisition to the lab and I would get it done that night. She said she could not do that and that I should make an appointment with my family doctor to request it (which I feel is an unnecessary expense on the AB health system). Anyway I called the Edmonton Clinic and they had no problem faxing to the hospital.

So I got all my tests done and still hadn't heard back from them. I sent a quick email to the doctor asking if it was still likely I would get accepted on that cycle. He emailed me back and told me he had gotten me in and wished me good luck. The nurse called me shortly there after and pretty much her opening line was "we are doing you a very big favor by letting you in this cycle". I felt horrible. Not a good way to start the cycle.

During my first two cycles with them, I have found some of the nurses to be absolutely wonderful, but others to be very unsympathetic and cold.

#6 momof2

momof2
  • 782 posts
  • Interests:Have a great husband, and 2 beautiful kids. We also have an Old English Sheepdog and 2 cats.

IVF gave me a 2nd chance to have more kids after a tubal ligation. We now have twin boys...Apr 8/2008
  • Dx:Tubal
  • My Clinic:Calgary

Posted 17 August 2007 - 08:07 PM

My experience with them has been pretty good overall. I have not been the model patient with my request of only wanting to fertlize two embryo's and not freezing any of them. The nurses more so had a hard time with our decision, they wanted to see us succeed not fail...they felt I was not giving the process a fair chance I guess. Since they deal with statisitcs, I was reminded of that at every visit.

However we stuck to our plan, with the help of the dr's, and the embryologist...we knew we had a good chance. We came out of there asking to fertilize only two, and that is what we got...we got 2 perfect looking embryo's...so for me it worked. But I had my reasons, and I was happy they did respect us for it...so I give them a huge thumbs up.

I am waiting for my beta test on August 25/2007...so we'll see.

I found the pharmacy, the semen lab, the ultrasound tech's all to be great as well...from the moment we started we met alot of nice people.

My one dissappointment was we were under the care of one specific dr...whom we liked right away...but after the consultation we never saw him again...not even once during the process. I have no complaints over the other two dr's who took care of me, they were both great. The embryologist even called me at home to discuss our specific situation and on the day of retrieval he was the one who did the fertilizing...so I was extremely thrilled about that.

#7 momof2

momof2
  • 782 posts
  • Interests:Have a great husband, and 2 beautiful kids. We also have an Old English Sheepdog and 2 cats.

IVF gave me a 2nd chance to have more kids after a tubal ligation. We now have twin boys...Apr 8/2008
  • Dx:Tubal
  • My Clinic:Calgary

Posted 24 August 2007 - 04:26 PM

I got my blood work done, I have a BFP...for me Foothills was awesome.
Posted Image

Married 11 years. Me 36 DH 39. 2 kids DD9 DS8 =D

Referred Nov 06, Calgary called Mar 07.
ER...Aug 7/07 ET...Aug 10/07
BFP...Beta #1 day 13 Aug23rd results...416
Beta #2 day 16 Aug 26th...1393
3D ultrasound 23 weeks, Jan 2/08, showed 2 BOYS.
Baby names: Fletcher Hayes and Bradford Robert
scheduled c-sec April 8th 2008 at 37 weeks
Twins arrived, on scheduled day. No NICU.
Fletcher was 6lbs 2oz
Bradford was 7lbs 5oz

#8 Trish

Trish
  • Global 100+
  • 830 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor
  • My Clinic:Regional Fertility Program Calgary

Posted 16 December 2007 - 02:46 PM

I got a BFP my 1st IVF & it was with Foothills!! I loved all the Dr's & the nurse's we're very friendly & helpful! I really recommend Foothills!! Thanks to them our dreams have finally come true!!!!

Trish :flowers:
Me 37 Dh 39
TTC 17 yrs
PCOS & M/F
BFP Naturally 1993 m/c at 12 wks
Many BFN Clomid / IUI's
1st IVF/ICSI Nov 28th, 2007
BFP+ BFP+ BFP+ BFP+
IT'S TWINS!!!
M/C one twin @ 7wks, very scary & SAD TIME :(
Emergency u/s @ 7wks shows one very healthy little love bug!!! :) THANK YOU GOD!! phew, thought our dreams were over, mourning the loss of our love bugs twin brother or sister :(
SO VERY THANKFUL OUR LOVE BUG IS A STRONG ONE!
OUR PRAYERS HAVE FINALLY BEEN ANSWERED!!
EDD August 18th 2008
IT'S A VERY HEALTHY BABY GIRL!!
Born right on her due date!! Aug 18th, 2008 9lbs 6oz 20in SHE'S PERFECT!!! SOOOOOO IN LOVE!!!!!

<center><embed src="http://www.widdlytin...hdayticker.swf" FlashVars="t1=&t2=Our miracle baby is&b=2&c=0xFF00CC&f=28&y=2008&m=8&d=18" quality="high" wmode="transparent" width="430" height="115" name="Pregnancy Ticker" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="samedomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedi...getflashplayer" /></embed><br><a href="http://www.widdlytin....com/">Birthday Tickers from WiddlyTinks.com</a></center>

~*FET #1*~
3 Frosties waiting for Mommy, Daddy & Big Sis to be!! Finger's crossed
Feb 1st ~ We are on the WAITLIST!!! Oh my, can't believe this is happening!
Feb 12th ~ AF #1
Feb 17th ~ HSG everything is perfect, we're good to go!!
Mar 8th ~ Pelvic u/s
Mar 10th ~ AF #2
Mar 17th ~ WOO HOO!!! GOT THE CALL!!! Surprisingly after only 2 AF's!!
Mar 29th ~ Start Suprefact & 81mg ASA!
Apr 13th ~ Start Estrace & Doxycycline
Apr 26th ~ U/S to check lining
May 3rd ~ TRANSFER DAY TODAY!! Transferring 2 beautiful frosties!
May 18th ~ Beta BFN :'(

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 06:34 PM

I think they are very good if you respond well to the meds and are likely to be a success story. I am about to do my 3rd IVF cycle with them and feel like I have a black mark next to my name. My doctor said because my FSH is high he would try to expedite getting me in sooner. When I completed all the tests I was told I would need to complete, I called the nurse to find out what the chances of my getting in that cycle would be. She pulled my chart and told me that my "other" b/w had expired. I asked if she would fax the requisition to the lab and I would get it done that night. She said she could not do that and that I should make an appointment with my family doctor to request it (which I feel is an unnecessary expense on the AB health system). Anyway I called the Edmonton Clinic and they had no problem faxing to the hospital.

So I got all my tests done and still hadn't heard back from them. I sent a quick email to the doctor asking if it was still likely I would get accepted on that cycle. He emailed me back and told me he had gotten me in and wished me good luck. The nurse called me shortly there after and pretty much her opening line was "we are doing you a very big favor by letting you in this cycle". I felt horrible. Not a good way to start the cycle.

During my first two cycles with them, I have found some of the nurses to be absolutely wonderful, but others to be very unsympathetic and cold.

Mandy,

How are you doing now? I noticed that it has been awhile since you were on the forum. I would have to agree with you regarding the Foothills clinic. Many of the previous comments were made almost 1 1/2 years ago. Things have definitely changed in Calgary and at the Foothills clinic. I don't believe that it is the same clinic. My sister-in-law went to Foothills 5 years ago-before the boom in oil prices, and her experience was amazing. However, I just finished two failed cycles at this clinic, and I did not have an excellent experience. I wouldn't say that it was a terrible experience-except that the 8 month wait list was horrible and tooooo long. I have recently found out that Foothills is one of the busiest clinics in Canada, so maybe this is the reason for so many negative changes.

I waited 8 months from the time that I saw one of the REs in July 07 until I was offered a cycle in March 08. That is a horribly long wait list. I was initially told that the wait list was 4-5 months. Well, I waited longer than 4-5 months, which I feel had negative consequences to my ovarian reserve. I saw my GP in March 07 and I was offered a cycle in March 08. That process took 1 year. That year was vital to my success. So, if someone asks me if I would recommend this clinic, I would have to say no!!! I would definitely not recomment this clinic to others over 35 years old b/c time is the most important factor in our success. If you are waiting for treatment on long wait lists, you are not increasing your chances of being successful!! The doctors are very knowledgeable. The nursing staff, for the most part, were sympathetic and knowledgeable. The pharmacy staff were excellent-best part of the clinic!! The clinic is small and the atmosphere isn't the best, but the support staff do try to be positive and friendly-they are just over-worked!! However, most of these factors don't make up for their long wait lists.

If you are a person who can wait-if you are definitely under 35, then maybe these wait lists won't affect you as much. However, if you are 35 or older, I would recommend that you take your $17,000 or more and go to another clinic in Canada or the states in order to receive treatment sooner. I paid $17,000. I could have easily gone elsewhere and received much faster and just as good of treatment.

Each person must decide for themselves. My experiences my differ from others, however, if you do decide to go to this clinic, pls. ask very specific questions regardig wait lists. Make sure that you are informed and that you know how long you will wait. I only wish that I had known what I know now about this clinic.

#10 Browneyedgirl

Browneyedgirl
  • Cyclebase
  • 1525 posts
  • My Clinic:RFP

Posted 15 July 2008 - 07:00 PM

I love love love love the care I got there. They were wonderful, supportive and informative to my DH and I. We came away feeling like we got the best care ever! Dr Young was fantastic, caring, and explained every step of every procedure to me. Dr O'Keane (Even though he did not do my ER) came in to check on me afterwards, as well as Dr Wong popped into the procedure room during ER as well. The nurses were all very sweet to me, making sure I was doing well and my nurse during ER held my hand and patted my shoulder, talked with me about my tattoos and justt made the procedure go faster then I could have expected. I would HIGHLY recommend this clinic to anyone, infact I recommended it to my SIL.

Winsett- Other clinics have an even longer wait, take ARTUS (in Saskatoon) for instance, 18 months for a referal and a year for IVF. RFP cannot help the amount of patients they are recieving, nor can they bump someone who has been on the wait list longer or with the clinic for longer. It's like one of the nurses said to me, they cannot help if someone waits too long to get pregnant. I'm sorry you feel that they were such a horrible clinic, but I assure you there are longer waits and worse clinics out there!
Leanne -28 (glass bottle washing and cloth diapering mama!)
DH -27
TTC since October 2004
PCOS/ MF

2 Miscarriages (2006 &2007)
1 Ectopic(2008)

IVF/ICSI-
Twin Monkeys born February '09

Going for #3????

SURPRISE!! Natural pregnancy due around April 2, 2011
Stick baby stick!!!

OOPS! I was wrong!! Baby #3 is due March 26,2011.
We are safely in the 2nd tri. :-)

October 27,2010- gender scan...who do we have on board?

It's another BOY!!! :) Can't wait to meet you little man!

Scheduled section: March 18,2011

Welcome to the world RJ!!! 8lbs 12 oz born at 38w6d

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 12:45 PM

I love love love love the care I got there. They were wonderful, supportive and informative to my DH and I. We came away feeling like we got the best care ever! Dr Young was fantastic, caring, and explained every step of every procedure to me. Dr O'Keane (Even though he did not do my ER) came in to check on me afterwards, as well as Dr Wong popped into the procedure room during ER as well. The nurses were all very sweet to me, making sure I was doing well and my nurse during ER held my hand and patted my shoulder, talked with me about my tattoos and justt made the procedure go faster then I could have expected. I would HIGHLY recommend this clinic to anyone, infact I recommended it to my SIL.

Winsett- Other clinics have an even longer wait, take ARTUS (in Saskatoon) for instance, 18 months for a referal and a year for IVF. RFP cannot help the amount of patients they are recieving, nor can they bump someone who has been on the wait list longer or with the clinic for longer. It's like one of the nurses said to me, they cannot help if someone waits too long to get pregnant. I'm sorry you feel that they were such a horrible clinic, but I assure you there are longer waits and worse clinics out there!

Clarification:

I never stated that the Foothills clinic was a terrible clinic. Please read my comments more closely. In my opinion, the REs, nurses and support staff, as well as the pharmacy staff were very knowledgeable, supportive and friendly. My comments were directed at the long wait lists at this clinic. Many people do not have time to wait on these long wait lists, and these individuals need to know that there are other options elsewhere for them. I stated that if you go to this clinic make sure that you are aware of the wait lists and that after each failed cycle patients are having to wait another 5 months for another treatment. This is information that is extremely important to know. If people choose to go to this clinic knowing this, then fine. These people will receive excellent care and treatment. If you don't have time to wait then there are other options available.

Winsett

#12 adriatic31

adriatic31
  • 72 posts
  • Dx:N/A
  • My Clinic:FOOTHILLS/SDFC

Posted 16 July 2008 - 12:58 PM

Hi ladies,

I had two unsuccessful IVF cycles at Foothills. However, the care and medical treatment received was excellent. My referral to Foothills was June 14/07. I attended the info session August 23 & 24. My first cycle was Jan 08. The wait time was reasonable. As a patient you must be proactive. Call the clinic, speak with the nurses. I would recommend that anyone go to Calgary. A fellow IVFer went to PCRM b/c of shorter wait times - 2 x unsuccessful - went to Calgary and she got pregnant. Calgary is a well oiled machine - they so know what they are doing. Dr. Greene is a leader in Canada in this field.

My journey here in Canada has ended - I am off to the USA - donor eggs required!

Good luck to you all.

Adriatic31

#13 MonaLisa

MonaLisa
  • 18 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 04:48 PM

I would rate the Calgary Foothills experience as okay.

As I posted on another discussion, their phone system is frustrating and they should get into the 21st century and start using email.

I definitely did NOT like the idea of going to the information night with 100 other couples - not very respectful of a patient's privacy.

On the positive side though, Dr Greene was very nice and he made the actual medical procedure as endurable as possible.

#14 hope floats

hope floats
  • Cyclebase
  • 1382 posts
  • Dx:Endometriosis
  • My Clinic:calgary foot hills

Posted 15 August 2008 - 03:19 PM

Hi, I'm in the 2ww from my first IVF cycle with Foothills. I must admit that I thought everyone there is very human and they treated myself and DH with respect. We came from Newfoundland to recieve this treatment and its very nice to go to a clinic where they really seem to know what they are doing. By no means has it been an easy journey as mostly everything went wrong for us but we are keeping the faith. The clinic was good to have counselling. Also, we liked that we didn't have to wait very long any day for treatment, they whisk you in very quickly if you come at your appointment time. During the procedures I had several different doctors and nurses, they always explained to me before hand what to expect and explained what they were doing during the procedure. I agree that the communications could be simplified if they would start the email along with telephone. I think this could help quite a bit. Anyway, that's just my two cents.

/> TTC=8+ years
Dec 06- finally saw specialist- 7 month waiting list
Jan 07- 1 failed IUI
May 07- major surgery for endo
Nov 07- 2nd failed IUI
Jan 08- 3rd failed IUI
Jan 08- waiting list for IVF
June 16th- started IVF cycle
July 6th- started superfact
July 28th- b/l u/s and started injections
Aug 9th- ER (only 4 eggs- two fertilized)
Aug 12th- Transfer!!!!!
Aug 27th- BFP (beta 376) WOOHOO!!!
Sept 15th- U/s no heartbeat
Sept 22nd- m/c
Oct 2nd- back on the rollercoaster waitlist
Feb 09- started cycle again
Mar 5/09- ER
Mar 8/09- ET (two beautiful embies)
Mar23/09- BFP- over 1200 woopie!!!!!!
April 24/09- one beautiful baby
July 2/09- 19 week u/s, everything looks good for my little boy!!!
November 26th, 2009 my little boy was born right on time.

#15 ALEX-R

ALEX-R
  • 1000+
  • 1662 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 10:03 PM

I would also recommend Foothills. Everyone there is amazing. My first attempt was successful and I now have a 25 month old son. My referal was sent to Calgary in October of 05, we attended the info session December 15 of 05 and then was offered treatment January of 06. The wait after I cycled there I think went up to 5 or 6 months but now with the Edmonton clinic doing IVF the wait might get a little less. I wouldn't go elswhere since I live in Alberta and I do keep in mind their 20+ years of experience and there high success rates.
IVF March 2006: Successful!!
Gave birth to a beautiful baby November 2006!
13 frozen embryos
FET #1 October 2 2008 - BFP - Chemical pregnancy
10 frozen embryos
FET #2 February 17 2009 - BFN
8 frozen embryos
FET #3 July 20 2009 - BFN
5 frozen embryos
FET #4 September 30 2009 - BFP - Chemical pregnancy
1 frozen blast
FET #5 Maybe sometime in 2010

#16 Waiting/Hoping

Waiting/Hoping
  • 292 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 09:24 PM

Just curious - can we read the results of this poll somewhere on this site?
Me: 33 DH: 35

male factor (low motility, low morphology, 100% antibodies)
ICSI
Proud mommy to a beautiful little girl

#17 Rick

Rick

Test Again

• Adminoocyte
  • 6299 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 09:30 PM

Click "show results"

#18 LesleyM

LesleyM
  • Global 100+
  • 268 posts
  • My Clinic:Regional Fertility Clinic - Calgary

Posted 04 December 2009 - 01:37 AM

I reccently started going to the RPL side of the Foothills clinic and have been impressed so far. Dr Fuong was very informative to my hubby and I and we feel like we are in very capable hands!
Me 33 DH 32
DX: Septate Uterus
1st MC: Oct 2008
2nd MC: May 2009
3rd MC: July 2013

Baby Boy Scott welcomed into this world on July 30, 2010

#19 kookacola

kookacola
  • Global 100+
  • 557 posts
  • Interests:4x4ing, camping, music, reading romance books, swinning, spending time with my husband and daughter

Posted 14 May 2010 - 11:55 PM

We went to RFP for the first time in 2000. But we never continued care there. By the time we'd gotten referred there, we'd been to ob's and they gave us clomid and wrote us off at the door. So because we didn't know then what we know now, we didn't go back and we did get pg on our own. Then after our m/c we were taken seriously. So we did a lot of fertility treatments with our local ob/re and then we had to move onto ivf, we went back to RFP. For the most part I felt RFP did well, but..... when we got referred the second time after my failed iui with injectables, we were told that we can't get onto the donar wait list until we have a failed ivf cycle with my eggs under our belts:( So it was like taking candy from a baby as far as me and dh were concerned. THEY knew that we wouldn't be sucessful so why go the extra mile right? I was a gong show, I was going back and forth to the lcinic and I had to take the bus lots and ugh, I tried to do most of my monitroing in Medicine Hat well, everyone wasn't communicating iwth one another so I felt more like a relay or go between than a paitent. So then we went back to re/ob after our bfn and I told him that they wanted a failed ivf under our belts and they knew the odds were against us. He was very shocked at that. So.... we decided after much deliveration we choose RFP again four our egg donar cycle but what I did do before we started to cycle, I phoned and spoke to the business manager and after that, things went freakishly well. We saw Dr. Scot in 2000 and she wasn't very helpful and didn't bother to do any testing and then we waw her again at one of the monitroing appointments and shw as so nice and friendly.... It acutally suprised me and dh. So I would recommend RFP but I would also air on the side of diligance and make sure they're on top on things and so on. You pretty much have to "babysit" them. I am happy because they gave us the baby we so longed to have:) So they are the best in Canada and that made me feel good that the best was close by.
married since 1996. '98 went to first ob and given clomid and written off at the door. '99 went to second ob and he did a lap and said if we weren't pg in 6 months referral to RFP. '00 went to RFP and re said she couldn't explain why we couldn't get pg but didn't investigate ether. '03 natural bfp and had m/c at 12 weeks. '04 went to another ob who was an re. he did iui, testing. '05 iui with letrazole-bfn. '06 iui and clomid and cancelled cycle and went in for surgery. Lap and hysteroscopy. did iui and injections and bfn. Referred to RFP again because re got us as far as he could and re said I had high fsh, lh and pof and pcos and endo, also suggested egg donation. If it weren't for him, we wouldn't have dd. went to RFP and were told ivf was not a good idea because I respond poorly to meds. ok, let's move onto d/e. Couldn't do d/e until we had a failed cycle under out belts with my eggs. '07 did ivf with my eggs, retrived 3 and 1 made it to transfer- chemical. So moved onto d/e. '09 went back to RFP again for the orientation and consult for d/e and cycled in April '09- 13 eggs retrieved and 4 made it to day 3. Two transferred and bgp with dd. Dd born on 01/01/10!!!! Were crown the New Years Baby!!!! '14 came back for consult and did fet in Nov which was a bfn sad.png we're out of embies and options. Meet re/ob in '15 to discuss options. Considering adoption.

#20 BabyHope2010

BabyHope2010
  • Cyclebase
  • 247 posts
  • Interests:My boys (doggies), Reading, exercising, trying new things, Watching movies (comedies especially), going out to dinner, wine, traveling, volleyball, camping, boating, crafty things etc.
  • My Clinic:Calgary, AB

Posted 16 June 2010 - 04:50 PM

My experience with Foothills has been good. The staff were hit and miss depending on the day. I found their phone system extremely frustrating especially when you would have a question and it took them 2 days to get back to you. (You have to leave a msg on their phone system to get anyone). Their waitlist is frustrating as well. I had 1 receptionist, 1 Embryologist, 1 nurse, and 1 RE that I wasn't fond of. I found the rest to be very helpful, upbeat, informative and professional.
DX: Severe Male Factor
IVF/ICSI - transfer 1 blast (4AA) March/April = BFN
FET-transfer 2/3day embryos (8cell rated 1) June/July = BFP
EDD April 16th
Colson William arrived April 9th at 1249pm weighing 7.5lbs and healthy as can be

#21 Stemmy

Stemmy
  • 39 posts
  • My Clinic:Was Foothills, now CCRM

Posted 11 November 2010 - 03:24 PM

I guess how one feels about a clinic is sometimes linked to their result. We had a BFN, so perhaps that has tainted my experience there. I don`t have anything to compare it to, but since talking online with many of the ladies here and chatting with other people at other clinics, Foothills leaves much to be desired. Their level of communication and information sharing was disappointing. For $10,000 you got very little that resembled service to warrant that kind of money. found they downplayed the pain during the egg retrieval - they kept saying how yu`ll feel happy and giddy and won`t really know what`s happening. Not true - they barely gave me any drugs, I felt the whole thing, and I had internal bruising for three weeks. Every single nurse treated me like I was bothering her, except Claudia - she is VERY sweet. The embyologist had nothing intelligent to say about the grading of my embryos or eggs after it was all over. If you have a choice, do your research about success rates and pregnancy rates and read as much as you can before you chose your clinic. Again, I am nursing my BFN so I`m seeing things darkly, but the facts are the facts. We are doing this again, and not going back there. All the best!!
Me: 39, no infertility
DH: 44, healthy sperm but blockage
IVF/ICSI #1
At Foothills in Calgary, 2010
Oct 11: 10 follies
Oct 18: ER 10 eggs
8/8 fertilized but grew slow
Oct 21: ET 3 embys
Cells: 8, 5, 5
No frosties
Nov 5: BFN

IVF/ICSI #2
in Denver, 2011
Dec 17/10: one day work up
March, 2011: microdose Lupron protocol
April 5/11: ER while asleep!!!
8 eggs, 4 fertilized
1 blast waiting, 5BB, passed genetic testing!
FET July 27th
Aug 4th BFP!! BFP!!

#22 Rstein

Rstein
  • Global 100+
  • 711 posts
  • My Clinic:RFP/VFC

Posted 01 March 2011 - 01:03 PM

I had nothing but wonderful communication, empathy, and kindness from all staff. Naturally, people have their bad days, and I don't expect every single staff member to be perfect each time I'm at the clinic. That said, some staff went "above and beyond". I thought the counsellor was the kindest woman I've ever met. There is one European lady at the RFP pharmacy and even though I called the pharmacy one to many times worried about my medications, etc...she was extremely helpful, sweet, and patient with me. I also love one of the nurses there - short, grey hair. She was wonderful as well.

I felt I really got what I paid for - the communication was excellent. None of my voicemails were ever lost, and I was constantly updated. One time in January, I couldn't make it to an u/s due to road conditions (ok - if you live out of town, listen to the staff and STAY IN CALGARY! lol). The nurse called my home concerned, and provided me with the protocol for the day and reassured my very panicked self that everything would be ok.

I guess my only concern, is that the public health system/hospital here in Lethbridge, was very annoyed at the Private system for "dumping" their OHSS patients on the public system. My ER doctor tried getting ahold of the on-call fertility Dr. in Calgary, or even a clinic physician, but it took hours and hours. I guess the physicians here at my local hospital were not impressed that the medical staff at RFP did not seem too concerned about helping me through the OHSS. My case wasn't mild, either - I gained 36 lbs in 7 days, had fluid in my lungs, etc...so the medical staff here had to "google" OHSS and treat me from there. Yikes!
Me - 36. DH - 38. DD - 2.5 years.
TTC since September 2006.
Had a Lap "just in case" - no endo.2 HSGs - all clear
3 IUI with Clomid - BFN1
IVF in jan 2011. No ET due to severe OHSS.
FET #1- BFN
FET #2 - BFN
FET #3 - BFN.
Tired of of the same old protocol and BFNs. On to VFC.
April 2012 - transferred 2 blasts. - our long awaited BFP!February 8/2013 - gave birth to a baby girl!What was different: cut out gluten, Endometrial biopsy, intralipids, Neupogen, Medrol, heparin, acupuncture right after transfer.

June 2015 - transferred one blast. BFP! Thank you VFC! EDD March 5.

#23 ivfsurvivor

ivfsurvivor
  • Cyclebase
  • 360 posts
  • Dx:Endometriosis
  • My Clinic:RFP Calgary

Posted 18 September 2011 - 06:11 AM

I have mostly good things to say about RFP, my only complaint is that sometimes I felt more like a customer is a fast food restaurant than a patient at a fertility clinic. But overall the Dr.s and nurses were very nice and very helpful. Only has issues with one of the Drs, but it had nothing to do with her ability and everything to do with her bedside manner, although I had a totally different experience with her during IVF#2, I had a totally positive experience with her this time around.

The only place I had issues with was the pharmacy. I got called difficult because I wanted to know exactly why I had to take the low dose aspirin, I was told 'just cuz', but refused to accept that answer. When I pressed the pharmacist for more information as to why, she simply stated "well now your just being difficult, and I am going to tell the nurses that you are refusing to take your medication", I felt like a 5 year old refusing to eat my vegetables. I don't think she works there any more though. I now get the majority of my meds at another pharmacy and when my DH told them why, they lady said that she had heard that complaint before and apologised for our experience. Still get my meds at another pharmacy.

T.
I'm gonna go now. My time here is done, and it's time to move on. I am on Facebook and if you'd like to be my friend PM me, I will leave this account active for awhile, but not for too much longer.

It's been a blast(ocyst) (my lame attempt a IF humor)

T.

#24 Bug88

Bug88
  • 1000+
  • 1633 posts
  • My Clinic:Regional Fertility Program, Calgary AB

Posted 26 January 2012 - 11:38 AM

Hi everybody!
Just wondering what time frame I should allow for a callback for a voice mail I left. They have already lost one of my calls... I left a message for them regarding one if my prescreening requirements on Sunday. Should I have heard back by now?

#25 rokgerl

rokgerl
  • Cyclebase
  • 1865 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 11:50 AM

Yes, you should have heard back. I would call again and leave a message on the IVF line vs. just the general mailbox. They are usually pretty good at calling back - if I call in the AM, I usually get a call by closing time. If I call in the PM, they usually call back in the first part of the morning.

Good luck!