IVF insurance covered wait lists with multiple clinics? - Clinics - General - IVF.ca Forums

Photo
- - - - -

IVF insurance covered wait lists with multiple clinics?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Sidiancat

Sidiancat
  • 2 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained

Posted 08 February 2017 - 05:19 PM

Hey all, 

It's looking like ivf will be our answer after our 3rd failed IUI and 15th medicated cycle with not even a blip of hcg on the quantitatives. 

Our clinic (toronto west) works with create, they've told us they find out their funding amount for this year at the end of March, at which point they will tell us if we make this year's cut or have to wait till next year. 

I'm wondering though, has anyone gone on another clinic's wait list as well as their main clinic? Repromed is in the same building as toronto west, which is only a 10 minute drive from home. I want to call and ask them but am worried about getting black listed or something for trying to get on two lists, but I'm not even sure if that's frowned on or not? 

I'm referring to the OHIP covered single cycle we get, that has the insane wait lists everywhere.

#2 returnable

returnable
  • 1000+
  • 3349 posts
  • Interests:travelling,gardening,cooking
  • Dx:DOR
  • My Clinic:Trio, cycle monitoring at Lakeridge

Posted 09 February 2017 - 06:26 AM

It is absolutely okay to get on the wait list at multiple clinics.

#3 Sidiancat

Sidiancat
  • 2 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained

Posted 09 February 2017 - 08:04 AM

Thanks! I'll call them today!

#4 MandyA

MandyA
  • 54 posts
  • Dx:N/A
  • My Clinic:AART

Posted 27 May 2017 - 10:21 PM

I was not aware of that. Good to know.

See my "About Me" page.  smile.png 

TL:DR: I'm 42.  Husband's 4;7.

Husband had seminoma (testicular cancer) at 27, orchiectomy of one, no chemo first time, all gone as of 2009 CT scan.

Began dating July 2012.

Targeting fertile window since July 2013, had a donated vial of sperm for an unmedicated IUI (2015) and several informal private known donors, all unsuccessful so far.

Married July 4th, 2016.

Discovered seminoma recurred Jan 2017 in his abdomen. Had chemo in April 2017. Tumor shrunk significantly. Declared in remission, been five years now.

Diagnosis: Severely low sperm count, and now sterile indefinitely due to chemo. And now (maybe always) my eggs "aren't stellar".

We had 8 vials of previously frozen sperm. Used some for IVF in Nov 2020. Didn't work. Might just IUI remaining sperm for symbolic closure.

#5 thardy678

thardy678
  • 14 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor
  • My Clinic:Anova

Posted 15 August 2017 - 09:10 AM

I know this is older but when I filled out the funding paperwork it states that you cannot submit it at multiple clinics. I switched clinics to Juno as they told me there was no wait list for a funded cycle and Dr Bentov moved me to Anova as it was closer to me. My funding paperwork got a bit mixed up or I would have started last month, but from first consult to my funded IVF cycle is was 3 months with Anova.