Photo

Weight gain during stims

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 s00n

s00n
  • 1000+
  • 1247 posts
  • Interests:Him- Potential SA issues Me- PCOS like crazy/anovulation/long cycles. Started TTC before 30.TTC/Secondary Infertility(2008-2015) - Adopted from public system in Ontario 2012.Freeze-All IVF after OHSS, and successful FET 2015 @ 36Yrs Old.
  • Dx:PCOS
  • My Clinic:OFC

Posted 02 January 2015 - 01:42 PM

Hi fellow PCOS sufferers, I gained about 10 lbs on stims, but my weight kept going up after I got off - to almost another 10 lbs.  I'm going to blame half of that on holiday food, but it's getting me worried about starting my FET in a while.

Wondering if anyone else had excessive weight gain during stims and if they have had things that work for them to shed excess weight.

See my about me page for details on our IF journey including adoption and other avenues.

#2 Clairey

Clairey
  • Global 100+
  • 249 posts
  • Dx:N/A

Posted 02 January 2015 - 02:00 PM

Just back from the gym trying to start this year off right and do what I can when I'm not cycling. I gain weight with every cycle and a side effect of the progesterone I was on is also weight gain and breast enlargement. It's all happening and it's so uncomfortable. Makes me even sadder. I too seem to accumulate it.

It seems like with anything some people battle this and others are not affected.

Oh and to be honest I've also been eating chocolates for weeks but generally I'm committed to my health and what I'm going through.

My doctor has never said anything about weight to me but when I asked he recommended increasing water, exercise and eating well... the basics, but I haven't been doing much of the three this past month.

Good luck! We're in it together!

• s00n likes this

#3 2Brides

2Brides
  • Cyclebase
  • 655 posts
  • Interests:Travel, cooking, eating, hiking/nature trails, BABIES!
  • Dx:N/A
  • My Clinic:ART- Birmingham, AL

Posted 02 January 2015 - 03:35 PM

I also gained about 6 lbs during my IVF stim cycle, but my real weight gain came when I did a mock "practice" cycle for receiving a fresh transfer (my wife's eggs) and then the real fresh cycle... I blame the lupron and tons of estrogen for making me look so puffy! I gained 14lbs in the mock cycle and 5-6lbs more in the real one. So when I got pregnant, I had just gained over 25lbs in the 4 months prior. It made my overall pregnancy no different, other than looking pregnant early... but shedding that hormone weight after pregnancy was difficult. I lost my pregnancy weight pretty quickly while nursing, but zero of the hormone weight... So after I weaned DS at 13.5months, I got on a big exercise kick and did the elliptical and started running (4-5xper week) and cut out all desserts for 3 months. I lost all the hormone weight finally! After another month or 2, I got back down to my ideal weight.
I'm still working out 3x a week, but I'm eating whatever now and maintaining my weight loss.

I really think cutting out all desserts and running helped me the most. Good luck on your weight and on your upcoming FET!! :)
  • s00n likes this

2012: My Pregnancy/ IVF/ (DW was the Egg Donor)

Henry Clyde arrives April 25, 2013! 💙

2014: DW's turn at Pregnancy/Unmedicated FET/( I was the Egg Donor)

Mae Alana arrives August 31, 2015 💗

2017: Try for baby #3 (My turn again...)

January FET (Natural): BFN

February FET (Medicated): BFP!

Feb 24- 8dp5dt Beta: 171, 2nd beta at 15dp5dt: 4730
April 13: Bloodwork reveal we are having a baby GIRL!💗

See my About Me for more details of our journey.

#4 s00n

s00n
  • 1000+
  • 1247 posts
  • Interests:Him- Potential SA issues Me- PCOS like crazy/anovulation/long cycles. Started TTC before 30.TTC/Secondary Infertility(2008-2015) - Adopted from public system in Ontario 2012.Freeze-All IVF after OHSS, and successful FET 2015 @ 36Yrs Old.
  • Dx:PCOS
  • My Clinic:OFC

Posted 05 January 2015 - 09:14 AM

Thanks, I will have to get back on the treadmill since it's ICY out there right now.  And cut out desserts.  :)  Christmas AND hormones isn't great.

Will go for more water too, I can always drink more water.

See my about me page for details on our IF journey including adoption and other avenues.