219 replies to this topic

#26 Bug88

Bug88
  • 1000+
  • 1633 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor
  • My Clinic:Regional Fertility Program, Calgary AB

Posted 13 January 2015 - 03:17 PM

Hi chanliwo!!! I usually stay in motel village in the best western hotel ( it has underground parking) and is a five minute drive to the clinic.

#27 Chanliwo

Chanliwo
  • 25 posts
  • Interests:Camping, family, movies, travel.
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:Calgary Regional Fertility Program

Posted 13 January 2015 - 03:58 PM

Congrats Squirt on your husbands approval to start a fresh cycle.  I hope all goes well for you!  We tried to keep our cycle quiet too but slowly everyone found out because we were so excited.  In some ways I wish it was still a secret. 

#28 Chanliwo

Chanliwo
  • 25 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 04:05 PM

Hi Bugg 88!  So nice to meet someone on a time line so close to mine!!  We have stayed there as well for our day appointments.  We're looking for something a bit different for our two week stay though...  Its hard not knowing exact dates...  Will we find out more after our baseline ultrasound on the 22nd?  Will my husband and I need to be in Calgary the entire two weeks?

I am nervous about the egg retrieval.  For you ladies who have done this before how was it pain wise?

#29 Bug88

Bug88
  • 1000+
  • 1633 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 04:50 PM

Chanliwo: if you look back I believe there is a thread about places to stay in Calgary. I'm not sure how recent. How far do you live from the clinic? I'm 4 hours away so we drove back and forth a lot. It really depends on how you respond to the medication etc. I went up for my baseline check, then back up for cd 4 and 7 check. I started over stimulating so I basically stayed up for a week straight as i was going in for daily US. Then after the ER I went home the next day and came back up the day before my ET.

The ER isn't too bad. ( or at least for me) I was falling asleep through most of it. It was most uncomfortable just because my ovaries were so enlarged... Not because of the actual needle. I was sore afterward...for a few days.

#30 Chanliwo

Chanliwo
  • 25 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 06:15 PM

I am new to the site but I'll try to see if I can find the forum, thanks!  We live about 3 hours from the clinic so we arent sure if we would be better off booking something on VRBO or playing it by ear and getting a room if/when we need one.  I got the impression that we would need to be in Calgary for two weeks at some point but we would prefer to travel back and forth if possible.

#31 Bug88

Bug88
  • 1000+
  • 1633 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 06:29 PM

Just bumped it for you 😊

#32 Chanliwo

Chanliwo
  • 25 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 06:46 PM

#33 loo

loo
  • Global 100+
  • 315 posts
  • My Clinic:Calgary then AART

Posted 13 January 2015 - 07:36 PM

Hi Ladies!

So wonderful to see so many new additions :)  Hope this board fills up with BFP!

Squirt:  That is very exciting!  If I have to do a fresh cycle again, I really hope its a similar protocol to you.  Jeez, it seems so wasteful to take superfect for that long... nice to know there are other options. 

Bug:  Yay, girl!  A HUGE welcome to you.  I am excited for you.  Did you get the final call as to when to start superfect?  

Chan:  I travel from out of province so I try to do things inexpensively :)  I've had good experiences staying at multiple motels in motel alley.  It is very close to the clinic and usually almost all of them include breakfast. 

AFM, my little guy had gastro all weekend and I caught it.  I started estrodot patches yesterday, and I was too sick to read the instructions.  I stuck it on my lower abdomen, hope I did it right.  Did any of you ladies using the patches put it on your abdomen?  And, when you change sites did you use the bum or continue to using the abdomen?  I'm super stressed about my lining, last time it wasn't great and want to make sure I'm doing the patches right :)  

TTC 7 years, me: 29 35, DH: 31 36
Dx: severe male factor

IVF #1 ET: 1 5AA blast on March 30, 2012.  6 frozen on March 31, 2012. HPT: +ve 5dpt. [email protected] 308.

Healthy DS born on Dec. 5, 2012

Natural BFP #1 chemical Sept 2013 

FET #1 March 28, 2014 1x 5AA blast. HPT: +ve 5dpt. [email protected] 908. M/C @ 6 weeks 

FET#2 Sept 9, 2014 2x 5AB + 4AA. HPT: +ve5dpt. [email protected]t: 2000.  Early [email protected] 5w intrauterine preg+tubal preg, [email protected] 6w tubal preg failed (yay!) [email protected] 7w no hb, M/C @ 8 weeks 

FET #3 Feb 3, 2015 2x 4AA.  HPT: +ve 6dpt.  [email protected] 980.  Healthy DD born on October 15, 2015. 

IVF #2 Nov 4, 2017 2 x 16/20, 6 frozen. HPT:+ve 5dpt, [email protected] 1300.  [email protected] wk: di/di twins, [email protected] weeks twin A hydrops, [email protected] Twin A passed away.  Healthy DS born at 40 weeks on July 21, 2017. 

What to do with the last 6 frozen embryo's.... 

#34 Baby3

Baby3
  • Cyclebase
  • 742 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 10:38 PM

Loo...is the estrogen patches a new thing for RFP? Do most people have these now instead of the pills? I didn't have those last go around, sorry I cant help!

Chan...egg retrieval hurt at the beginning. I told my nurse it hurt and they upped the drugs and then I was feeling just fine :) Actually Dr Greene I'd my retrieval and had me laughing the whole way through!
FET#1- May 2015 SET Transfer on May 6thBFP!
Beta#1 (May 19) 1459 Beta#2 (May 21) 3080
Ultrasound June 8th
See my profile for a bit of my IVF history

#35 Bug88

Bug88
  • 1000+
  • 1633 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 11:12 PM

Thanks loo 😊!!!! I can't believe I'm cycling again but I'm so excited. I start superfact Jan 23!! Sorry about the gastro bug 😔👎. That is the worst!!!! I initially put the patches on my lower back but then started putting them on my abdomen and covering with tegaderm ( transparent waterproof dressing) and they stayed on waaaay better. I alternated from right by belly button to the 'outter quadrants' 😜. I never actually tried the butt because I was worried it would rub off. Sending thick thoughts 😊.

#36 Bug88

Bug88
  • 1000+
  • 1633 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 11:42 AM

My timeline and medications were supposed to come by purolator yesterday. I tracked the package and it said it was on the truck for delivery. I stopped by the drop off spot and nothing . It got forgotten on the truck. I phoned the company to have it redirected back. Fingers crossed it comes today....

#37 squirt

squirt
  • Global 100+
  • 233 posts
  • My Clinic:RFP

Posted 15 January 2015 - 06:38 PM

Oh Loo that sucks - I hope you feel better soon, it has been a rough winter for bugs!

Bug88 - Did you get your package today?

Baby3 - Have you heard back from the clinic yet?  If so do the dates work with your holiday?

Chanliwo - Welcome to the site :)  I have loved using this site over the last 5 years.  Even to just read others comments and protocals and understand things a little bit better.  I have actually made a friend from this site - she is in NewFoundland

AFM:  The Pharmacy got a hold of me and my prescription is ready for pick up!  It makes it so real...

Hope everyone is doing well

December - Referred to RFPJune 22/09 - first consult and put on IVF wait listJune 25/09 - information session.

AF#1 June 30/09 - AF#2 Aug 1/09 - AF#3 Aug 29/09 - AF#4 Oct 12/09

GOT THE CALL Oct 23rd - Suprefact Nov 1st - Baseline Nov 17th - ER Nov 29 - ET Dec 2 - BFN

Wait For FET#1 - AF#1 Dec 20/09 - AF#2 Jan 16/10 - AF#3 Feb 10/10 Got the call Feb18 - Superfact Feb 28 - Estrace March 16 - ET of 2 8 celled embryos April 1 (10:30am) BFP 12 DPT @ home18dpo - Beta 2200 (I think I will look up and fix later) 21 dp3dt - Beta 4600 23dp3dt - Beta 8765 7wks 0 days - One lovley little one - HB 124

Baby William John - December 28th 2010

Wait for FET #2Wait list Sept 28 - on day three and I think they counted it is AF #1, AF #2 Oct 24Got the call Nov 2 - Superfact Nov 13 - Estrace Nov 29 - ET Dec 15 of 1 -8 cell embryo and 1- 10 cell embryo (3 day) at 11:00 BFN 7 & 8 DPT - BFP 9 DPT!!!

Baby Eleanor May - August 31st 2012

Wait for FET #3 Wait list in January for a transfer at a later date...March 25 called and turned down cycle...will wait one more month.April 25 got the call and accepted!May 7th start Superfact...transferred 2 3day embryos...14dpo bfn at home but beta was 32 and it stayed @32 for 4 weeks! Perhaps ectopic or a long chemical sad.png.

Now calling in cycles and trying to convince hubby to do another fresh...is this selfish?

Dec 2014 - turned down call AF - Jan 5 Got the call Jan 12th

#38 loo

loo
  • Global 100+
  • 315 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 07:00 PM

Baby3:  It is my first time using the patches, I previously took oral estrace.  They switched me because my lining wasn't great during my last cycle.  I know a few other ladies that have been switched to the patches as well... I hope they work better for me than the oral estrace. If you don't have lining issue then I think you stay on the oral estrace.  How are things going with you?  Did you get a call?

Bug:  Thanks for the helpful tips!!  I decided to do it on my belly, so far they have been sticking well but I love the idea of the tegaderm and will use it if sticking becomes a issue.  I hope your medications show up today and they were stored properly.  Ugh, process can never be smooth eh?  But, yay for getting to the next step :) 

Squirt:  The process is starting :) How exciting!!  Will you do your injections or DH?

AFM, I know good nutrition is crucial to build a good lining, unfortunately I haven't been able to eat in 6 days... I've managed to keep my vitamins down though.  On the positive side, I've lost the last 10 pounds I put on over the last two years and am at the same weight as my previous successful transfer. Yay!  But, yeah I'm seriously now ready for this gastro to take a hike :P 

IVF #1 ET: 1 5AA blast on March 30, 2012.  6 frozen on March 31, 2012. HPT: +ve 5dpt. [email protected] 308.

FET #1 March 28, 2014 1x 5AA blast. HPT: +ve 5dpt. [email protected] 908. M/C @ 6 weeks 

FET#2 Sept 9, 2014 2x 5AB + 4AA. HPT: +ve5dpt. [email protected]: 2000.  Early [email protected] 5w intrauterine preg+tubal preg, [email protected] 6w tubal preg failed (yay!) [email protected] 7w no hb, M/C @ 8 weeks 

FET #3 Feb 3, 2015 2x 4AA.  HPT: +ve 6dpt.  [email protected] 980.  Healthy DD born on October 15, 2015. 

IVF #2 Nov 4, 2017 2 x 16/20, 6 frozen. HPT:+ve 5dpt, [email protected] 1300.  [email protected] wk: di/di twins, [email protected] weeks twin A hydrops, [email protected] Twin A passed away.  Healthy DS born at 40 weeks on July 21, 2017. 

#39 Baby3

Baby3
  • Cyclebase
  • 742 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 11:36 PM

So I am out :( I didn't hear back from the clinic so I called and they said I didn't make the cut for transfer in Feb. I was offered a cycle last month so they all figured I would again ( and told me this) but apparently so many people accepted this month that there isn't room. To say I am disappointed is an understatement. I knew I would have a wait but they had my hopes up and everyone I had spoke to indicated this was it. The worst part is I will be on vacation in early February so I won't be home for the call back, which means I won't transfer until April now.
I will check in to see how you all do this month. My fingers are crossed for you all to get your BFP's! xo
Ultrasound June 8th

#40 Bug88

Bug88
  • 1000+
  • 1633 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 12:26 AM

Squirt: I did get it today! Phewf! None of my suprefact was broken so I assume nothing froze 😜. It does make it very real once you get the medications!

Loo: oh my goodness. That is terrible!!! You poor thing 😔. Yes definitely time for it to take a hike!!!! But yay for weight loss... Always a silver lining! You ll look great on the beach 😜.

Baby3: so sorry!!! That is very disappointing!!!!! My second FET attempt three nurses I talked to said I would be offered treatment the following month. Then I didn't. Gah👎. Have a great vacation!!

So I start sniffing in one week... Here we go again😜

#41 squirt

squirt
  • Global 100+
  • 233 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 01:12 AM

Baby3 - I am so sorry :( our stories and cycles are so similar I was so hoping you would cycle with us....so sad. This whole waiting game sucks!

loo - gasto sucks I remember for one of my frozen transfers I was in a similar situation and Dr. Scott said "your intestines are gushing we better get you off this table and to the washroom ;)". It is already a big process and to add that is hard...I hope you are on the mend.

Bug88 - I am glad to heart that!

December - Referred to RFPJune 22/09 - first consult and put on IVF wait listJune 25/09 - information session.

GOT THE CALL Oct 23rd - Suprefact Nov 1st - Baseline Nov 17th - ER Nov 29 - ET Dec 2 - BFN

Wait For FET#1 - AF#1 Dec 20/09 - AF#2 Jan 16/10 - AF#3 Feb 10/10 Got the call Feb18 - Superfact Feb 28 - Estrace March 16 - ET of 2 8 celled embryos April 1 (10:30am) BFP 12 DPT @ home18dpo - Beta 2200 (I think I will look up and fix later) 21 dp3dt - Beta 4600 23dp3dt - Beta 8765 7wks 0 days - One lovley little one - HB 124

Wait for FET #2Wait list Sept 28 - on day three and I think they counted it is AF #1, AF #2 Oct 24Got the call Nov 2 - Superfact Nov 13 - Estrace Nov 29 - ET Dec 15 of 1 -8 cell embryo and 1- 10 cell embryo (3 day) at 11:00 BFN 7 & 8 DPT - BFP 9 DPT!!!

Wait for FET #3 Wait list in January for a transfer at a later date...March 25 called and turned down cycle...will wait one more month.April 25 got the call and accepted!May 7th start Superfact...transferred 2 3day embryos...14dpo bfn at home but beta was 32 and it stayed @32 for 4 weeks! Perhaps ectopic or a long chemical sad.png.

Now calling in cycles and trying to convince hubby to do another fresh...is this selfish?

#42 OUR year

OUR year
  • 17 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 09:45 AM

Hey Ladies! Sorry I've been MIA this week. Since returning to the office this week after 3 weeks off I've been putting in some pretty long hours.

Squirt: I'm from NL too! There are a lot of newfs living in Calgary now (I have almost as many high school friends here as I do back home).

Bug: so glad your meds arrived safely, that's one added stressor no one needs!

Loo: hope you're feeling better

Baby3: so disappointing!!! But...could you arrange to make one phone call next month while you're away so you can accept treatment for when you get back? That kinda happened with me. With the Christmas closures, and my being out of town it was a game of phone tag with them for a while!

AFM: so it's now been over 4 days since starting suprafact (started Monday). At first it was a little painful in my nose (felt like it does when you are drinking something fizzy and you laug so hard it comes out your nose). But by the second day I was much more used to it but I had a dull headache for two days straight. Fortunately I worked it so I take the aspirin mid- day so that helps. However yesterday and this morning the headaches haven't been so bad but my boobs are sooooo sore!!!! Any of you experience these symptoms?

Me: 30, DH: 34

Dx: Male Factor (extremely low count)

Pre-Treatment

2014 June - Referral sent to RFP

2014 Aug - Initial Consult

2014 Sept/Oct - Pre-IVF Screening

2014 Oct - Follow up Appointment (waitlisted)

2014 Dec 29 - Treatment offered

IVF #1 with ICSI (Jan/Feb 2015)

2015 Jan 12 - Starting Suprafact

2015 Feb 7 - Tentative ER date

Meds: Suprefact, Aspirin, Gonal F 300, Luveris 75

#43 Chanliwo

Chanliwo
  • 25 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 11:07 AM

OUR year:  I started my Suprafact on Jan 5th and haven't had any symptoms.  I hope its working....

#44 Baby3

Baby3
  • Cyclebase
  • 742 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 02:59 PM

Thanks ladies! We are on a disney cruise (can't wait!) down to Puerto Rico, Virgin Islands, etc. so I'm not sure what kind of phone service will be available to return any clinic calls. It may work out that I hear from the clinic before I leave but is it terrible that I am thinking about waiting because of due dates? If I go next month it will be a Christmas baby (nothing like positive thinking, hey?). So I'm thinking about waiting for a January due date. It just works better for school start dates, sports, etc. Its crazy how positive I am about this transfer. I just figure it will work. My first go around due dates never even crossed my mind! Hopefully all this positivity doesn't backfire on me ;)

I will be hanging out and cheering you all on!

Our Year...I got lots of headaches from the suprefact too. It did seem to get better with time though, hopefully this is the case for you too!
Ultrasound June 8th

#45 squirt

squirt
  • Global 100+
  • 233 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 06:08 PM

Baby3 - I totally understand that!  I never even thought about it the first time and I have a Dec 28th Baby :(  I am struggling with school dates and now I have not put him in Hockey as he is not ready, so in that sport, he will always be behind.  I totally get it!  with this one I had said to my husband if we do not accept this cycle I wanted to wait two more as even then it will be early January and we have 4 family birthdays between Christmas and New Years and so those birthdays get delayed into January.  I could not imagine adding another one then. :)  I totally understand - 

I hope you get the call before you go - If you are on my schedule you should get AF around Feb 1 and her from the clinic around the 9th...and if they do not call then I would call them on the 9th.

OurYear - I too had lots of headaches from Superfact - I am glad I do not have that this time - but now all my drugs are injections!  (I will have to do them all as they are times when we will already be on our way to work or at work.

Chanliwo - it will be :)  It is amazing how it all works even when you have a crazy head cold and you don't even think you are sniffing and then a gastro and you wonder is anything being absorbed...but yes - it all works!  

#46 Bug88

Bug88
  • 1000+
  • 1633 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 12:19 AM

Our Year: I've been in suprefact 4 times and it's different each time lol. Most often I get headaches that last a couple days... Then I get moody and irritable 😁😳.

Baby3: I totally get it. With my first FET I waited until my due date would be January as well 😊. Best of luck.

Hi squirt 😊

Loo: are you feeling better?!

#47 loo

loo
  • Global 100+
  • 315 posts

Posted 18 January 2015 - 11:52 AM

Baby3:  Grrr, I'm enraged on your behalf.  What a load of bs!  I can 100% see why your upset, we plan based on what they tell us and rearrange life to make it happen.  We went on a Disney cruise in November and had the best vacation of our lives!  I am pumped for you! We visited similar places and there was internet/phone service on the boat when we needed to use them.  Hope its the same for you :)  As for due dates, I have a son born on Dec 5... I wish it was a bit further away from Christmas, but at the end of the day we make it work.  It will be a challenge deciding if he should go to school at 4 or wait until the following year.  Sounds like your already ahead of the game thinking things through.  I'll be checking in on you, cheering you on! 

Bug:  Bahaha!  I did try on my bikini and felt I looked better... except for the obvious estrogen patches :P  Time to move them to my butt. I think I'm going to bring a bunch of tegraderm with me on vacation so I can swim in the sea without fear of losing the patches.  How are you doing these days, my dear??

Our year:  My first time on superfact I had lots of headaches.  Symptoms seems to improve over time.  I did have super sore boobs a few weeks ago on Superfact, but I think was because of ovulation and not the medication.  Hope things settle out soon for you! 

Squirt:  Hope things are going well!  Oh man, your story is awful.  What a friggen' sin!  Ok, I need to stop complaining... at least its out of the way and didn't actually happen during transfer.  Umm, I hope you don't find this insulting but I seriously laughed... situation was too unfortunate not to find a tad humorous :P 

AFM, feeling much better!  Phew!  Went for my first acupuncture appointment yesterday, it was relaxing.  She suggested I do a session right before and after the transfer.  Does anyone know a person in Calgary I can use as I'm out of province?  For this cycle, I am also cutting back to one tea per day, removed gluten and wonder if I should take steroids.  I feel in my heart though, its out of my control and it will be what it will be.  I have my lining check on the 27th, pray its good because I'm popping in to Calgary and then going to Hawaii.

FET#2 Sept 9, 2014 2x 5AB + 4AA. HPT: +ve5dpt. [email protected]: 2000.  Early [email protected] 5w intrauterine preg+tubal preg, [email protected] 6w tubal preg failed (yay!) [email protected] 7w no hb, M/C @ 8 weeks 

#48 Baby3

Baby3
  • Cyclebase
  • 742 posts

Posted 18 January 2015 - 08:33 PM

Loo...I saw the most fantastic acupuncture person in Calgary for my first (only) IVF. She owns "Body in Balance" and her name is Leslie Ring-Adams. I believe she has a few others working there now too. She works very closely with RFP. I felt like a celebrity during my transfer since all the nurses and doctors know her and everyone said "oh, are you the one here with Leslie?". They let her in the back to do my session on the bed before and after transfer. She also helps raise money for Generations of Hope (charity for helping people who can't afford infertility treatments). I can't say enough great things about Leslie. She helped me through a very difficult few years :)
Ultrasound June 8th

#49 loo

loo
  • Global 100+
  • 315 posts

Posted 18 January 2015 - 10:00 PM

Baby3, that's amazing!  So, she actually comes right to RFP??  It would be wonderful to have someone come there, that way I don't need to worry that I'll run late at my other appointment.  Thanks for the information!  

• Baby3 likes this

#50 squirt

squirt
  • Global 100+
  • 233 posts

Posted 18 January 2015 - 11:50 PM

I too used Leslie with my fresh transfer way back when - she is fabulous!
Will catch up with the rest of my pst tomorrow at work...sleepy now;)