• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Morena9

Morena9
  • Just Hatched
  • 2 posts
  • Dx:N/A

Posted 21 December 2014 - 09:03 PM

We've been trying to conceive for over two years. I am taking bromocriptine for high prolactine and during further tests done before our first IUI also discovered that my progesterone levels before ovulation are slightly higher than normal so they gave me other drugs for that. For the last three or four years I've had spotting (usually 1 o 2 days, very light and varying in colour) on day 21 of my cycle which is usually 26 days long. We just had our first IUI but I had spotting last week, on day 21. I am so disappointed, I know I'm about to get my period and I feel there is an underlying issue causing the spotting, besides all my other issues. Is anybody out there with similar issues?

#2 amp77

amp77
  • 1000+
  • 2746 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:OFC

Posted 21 December 2014 - 09:26 PM

I have had spotting due to a cyst and also due to polyps but I assume that they have done ultrasounds to check for this?  Endo can also cause spotting but cannot be found with an ultrasound.

Age 40, DH 44 in Oct.

TTC on and off since 2007 before our second IVF, in 2014, brought us our beautiful son and our first FET brought us our second son in 2017.  Our family is complete!

IVF #1 - April 2014 - BFN - no frosties

IVF #2 - July 2014 - BFP - 5B-AB and 4 frosties (5B-BB, 2x4B-BB and 3B-BB)

Apr. 13, 2015 - Daniel Erik was born at 5:05 am, weight 8 lbs, 13 oz, and 22" long.  He is perfect in every way.

FET #1 - September 2016 - BFP - 5B-BB and 3 frosties (2x4B-BB and 3B-BB)

June 18, 2017 - Matthew William was born at 2:46 am, weight 8 lbs, 11 oz and 21" long.  He is perfect in every way too!

#3 Morena9

Morena9
  • Just Hatched
  • 2 posts
  • Dx:N/A

Posted 22 December 2014 - 07:02 AM

Thanks for replying amp77. I've had several ultrasounds and they've never found anything. Congratulations on you pregnancy!
  • amp77 likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Progesterone, prolactin, spotting