Can you share your FCC experience - Page 25 - Traveling Abroad for IVF - IVF.ca Forums

Photo
* * * * - 5 votes

Can you share your FCC experience

609 replies to this topic

#601 melissa117

melissa117
  • Just Hatched
  • 1 posts
  • Dx:N/A

Posted 26 February 2020 - 09:34 PM

Is anyone looking into FCC for this year? Seems like the thread has slowed down a lot. I am definitely considering it. My husband and I have been to Cancun 3 times in the last 3.5 years and never thought IVF! My only thing would be what if it doesn't take the first time. This isn't a super convenient place to get to more than like twice a year. 

#602 MrsBear

MrsBear
  • 23 posts

Posted 01 April 2020 - 05:07 PM

I was there last summer. Its pretty safe. I stayed in the Four Pointa right across the street so I didnt have to travel within the city to get to appointments. The hotel always helped call a taxi when I needed one. Goodluck with your decision

#603 fernanda_39

fernanda_39
  • 69 posts
  • My Clinic:FCC

Posted 22 April 2020 - 03:48 PM

Hi all! Just popping in to say that we had our baby boy! We have two babies via ivf thanks to FCC and we are a complete family. So grateful to Dr Azul and the team in Mexico that gifted us our family and worked with us to keep trying through losses (5 tries for 2 live births)
We have more frozen embryos and we plan to donate them.
Wishing you all the best!
We highly recommend fertility center Cancún!

Hi Windsor,

How are you?,

I'm happy you had your  baby boy! How is he doing now?

Unfortunately, my husband was going back and forth in his decision to have another baby, and he didn't want. It crushed my heart to know that we could have had a sibling for my boy, but it is what it is. And also I'm scare to go through a pregnancy and have complication though the other was great. I sometimes think I should be thankful for what I have and move forward, but I will always in my heart feel a loss for not having another child. 

We are going to finally donate  to FCC the two remaining embryos we have.

How did that go with you?

And if someone has gone through this, can you let me know your feelings? I feel like I'm giving away my kids. And a part of my son will be forever gone.

I would love for someone to share their feelings.

Thank you all!

fernanda

• Windsor and MrsBear like this

th_acheerlead.gifMe, 46 yrs, OE ivf November 2014 - Transferred 4 embryos -  th_abfn.gif - DE ivf March 2015 - th_abfn.gif - FET April 13, praying for a positive for the first time in my life! icon_stickyvibespink.gif
April 25 - beta at 11dp5dt 331! PREGNANT 😍😍yahoo.gifth_abfp.gif at 15dp5dt beta 1420!

It's a boy!!banana.gifth_acheerlead.gif   13 weeks 3 days today!

#604 Windsor

Windsor
  • Global 100+
  • 161 posts
  • Dx:Other

Posted 23 April 2020 - 03:09 PM

Fernanda! It is excellent to hear from you!
Is your husband 100% certain to never have another child or a sibling for your son? Maybe wait a while longer before you donate your embryo to be sure? Its such a big important decision.

We still are not sure. I waver about wanting a third child but my husband also is uncertain. I cant donate our embryos until we are 100% certain. We are going to decide this year.

I want to not have regrets. I hope to try once more if my husband will agree. I keep thinking about it. My son is 6 months old already, it goes by so fast.

#605 junejash

junejash
  • Just Hatched
  • 7 posts
  • My Clinic:None

Posted 11 May 2020 - 11:17 AM

I was there last summer. Its pretty safe. I stayed in the Four Pointa right across the street so I didnt have to travel within the city to get to appointments. The hotel always helped call a taxi when I needed one. Goodluck with your decision

Hi Mrs Bear, I am considering FCC with donor embryos. What was to entire protocol? How many rounds of ivf did it take? May I call you to discuss. Any help/information  with be wonderful.

• MrsBear likes this

#606 junejash

junejash
  • Just Hatched
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 May 2020 - 11:20 AM

Hi Windsor, I am considering FCC with donor embryos. What was to entire protocol? How many rounds of ivf did it take? May I call you to discuss. Any help/information  with be wonderful.

#607 junejash

junejash
  • Just Hatched
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 May 2020 - 11:22 AM

How do I get in touch with dr Azul? I would like to talk to him directly.

#608 MrsBear

MrsBear
  • 23 posts

Posted 13 May 2020 - 10:43 AM

Hi Junejash, Ive only had one cycle and sadly ended in a negative test. Waiting for this covid situation to pass before I try again. Setting up with the hospital is relatively easy; they have an international patient coordinator who works with you and provides all the info you want. I worked with Ale Motta (not sure if shes still the one). They reply quickly if you contact them via website. You can send me a message with your questions and Ill be happy to answer. Goodluck!

#609 SoOverIt

SoOverIt
  • Just Hatched
  • 1 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained

Posted 27 June 2020 - 01:26 AM

Hi yall, I'm going to FCC in August and this thread helped me make my decision. I'm looking for updated information: How much is it to take a taxi from the hotel zone to the clinic and Walmart as of late? Is it still $5.00.

Can my husband be in the room during the transfer now?

Was Medrol added to the protocol?

Did you go the hospital everyday for scans & bloodwork? 

How long did you stay at the hospital each day?

Did you still get a cellphone? Does this cost extra?

What is the cost from the airport to the hotel zone? Did you tell customs and immigration that you were there for IVF?

#610 MrsBear

MrsBear
  • 23 posts

Posted 10 July 2020 - 11:29 PM

Hi yall, I'm going to FCC in August and this thread helped me make my decision. I'm looking for updated information: How much is it to take a taxi from the hotel zone to the clinic and Walmart as of late? Is it still $5.00.

Can my husband be in the room during the transfer now?

Was Medrol added to the protocol?

Did you go the hospital everyday for scans & bloodwork? 

How long did you stay at the hospital each day?

Did you still get a cellphone? Does this cost extra?

What is the cost from the airport to the hotel zone? Did you tell customs and immigration that you were there for IVF?

Hi SoOverIt,,

I stayed in the Sheraton right across the street so I don’t have info about taking a cab from the hotel zone..  I took a taxi from the clinic to the Walmart once and it cost me about $3. It’s a 10 minute brisk walk if you’re up to it. 

Didn’t get a cellphone. Hotel WiFi was sufficient for FaceTime and the hotel had free local calls

you should have your protocol for scans by now. I did a donor cycle and only went to the hospital twice; first for the lining check and then the transfer. Spent about an hour each time. Not sure how it works for regular (non-donor) cycles.

no questions asked from customs. I would have disclosed if they did

hope this helps