Can you share your FCC experience - Page 25 - Traveling Abroad for IVF - IVF.ca Forums

Photo
* * * * - 5 votes

Can you share your FCC experience

• Please log in to reply
633 replies to this topic

#601 melissa117

melissa117
  • Just Hatched
  • 1 posts
  • Dx:N/A

Posted 26 February 2020 - 09:34 PM

Is anyone looking into FCC for this year? Seems like the thread has slowed down a lot. I am definitely considering it. My husband and I have been to Cancun 3 times in the last 3.5 years and never thought IVF! My only thing would be what if it doesn't take the first time. This isn't a super convenient place to get to more than like twice a year. 

#602 MrsBear

MrsBear
  • 24 posts

Posted 01 April 2020 - 05:07 PM

I was there last summer. Its pretty safe. I stayed in the Four Pointa right across the street so I didnt have to travel within the city to get to appointments. The hotel always helped call a taxi when I needed one. Goodluck with your decision

#603 fernanda_39

fernanda_39
  • 71 posts
  • My Clinic:FCC

Posted 22 April 2020 - 03:48 PM

Hi all! Just popping in to say that we had our baby boy! We have two babies via ivf thanks to FCC and we are a complete family. So grateful to Dr Azul and the team in Mexico that gifted us our family and worked with us to keep trying through losses (5 tries for 2 live births)
We have more frozen embryos and we plan to donate them.
Wishing you all the best!
We highly recommend fertility center Cancún!

Hi Windsor,

How are you?,

I'm happy you had your  baby boy! How is he doing now?

Unfortunately, my husband was going back and forth in his decision to have another baby, and he didn't want. It crushed my heart to know that we could have had a sibling for my boy, but it is what it is. And also I'm scare to go through a pregnancy and have complication though the other was great. I sometimes think I should be thankful for what I have and move forward, but I will always in my heart feel a loss for not having another child. 

We are going to finally donate  to FCC the two remaining embryos we have.

How did that go with you?

And if someone has gone through this, can you let me know your feelings? I feel like I'm giving away my kids. And a part of my son will be forever gone.

I would love for someone to share their feelings.

Thank you all!

fernanda

• Windsor and MrsBear like this

th_acheerlead.gifMe, 46 yrs, OE ivf November 2014 - Transferred 4 embryos -  th_abfn.gif - DE ivf March 2015 - th_abfn.gif - FET April 13, praying for a positive for the first time in my life! icon_stickyvibespink.gif
April 25 - beta at 11dp5dt 331! PREGNANT 😍😍yahoo.gifth_abfp.gif at 15dp5dt beta 1420!

It's a boy!!banana.gifth_acheerlead.gif   13 weeks 3 days today!

#604 Windsor

Windsor
  • Global 100+
  • 163 posts
  • Dx:Other

Posted 23 April 2020 - 03:09 PM

Fernanda! It is excellent to hear from you!
Is your husband 100% certain to never have another child or a sibling for your son? Maybe wait a while longer before you donate your embryo to be sure? Its such a big important decision.

We still are not sure. I waver about wanting a third child but my husband also is uncertain. I cant donate our embryos until we are 100% certain. We are going to decide this year.

I want to not have regrets. I hope to try once more if my husband will agree. I keep thinking about it. My son is 6 months old already, it goes by so fast.
  • fernanda_39 likes this

#605 junejash

junejash
  • Just Hatched
  • 7 posts
  • My Clinic:None

Posted 11 May 2020 - 11:17 AM

I was there last summer. Its pretty safe. I stayed in the Four Pointa right across the street so I didnt have to travel within the city to get to appointments. The hotel always helped call a taxi when I needed one. Goodluck with your decision

Hi Mrs Bear, I am considering FCC with donor embryos. What was to entire protocol? How many rounds of ivf did it take? May I call you to discuss. Any help/information  with be wonderful.

• MrsBear likes this

#606 junejash

junejash
  • Just Hatched
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 May 2020 - 11:20 AM

Hi Windsor, I am considering FCC with donor embryos. What was to entire protocol? How many rounds of ivf did it take? May I call you to discuss. Any help/information  with be wonderful.

#607 junejash

junejash
  • Just Hatched
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 May 2020 - 11:22 AM

How do I get in touch with dr Azul? I would like to talk to him directly.

#608 MrsBear

MrsBear
  • 24 posts

Posted 13 May 2020 - 10:43 AM

Hi Junejash, Ive only had one cycle and sadly ended in a negative test. Waiting for this covid situation to pass before I try again. Setting up with the hospital is relatively easy; they have an international patient coordinator who works with you and provides all the info you want. I worked with Ale Motta (not sure if shes still the one). They reply quickly if you contact them via website. You can send me a message with your questions and Ill be happy to answer. Goodluck!

#609 SoOverIt

SoOverIt
  • 3 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor
  • My Clinic:AFCC or FCC

Posted 27 June 2020 - 01:26 AM

Hi yall, I'm going to FCC in August and this thread helped me make my decision. I'm looking for updated information: How much is it to take a taxi from the hotel zone to the clinic and Walmart as of late? Is it still $5.00.

Can my husband be in the room during the transfer now?

Was Medrol added to the protocol?

Did you go the hospital everyday for scans & bloodwork? 

How long did you stay at the hospital each day?

Did you still get a cellphone? Does this cost extra?

What is the cost from the airport to the hotel zone? Did you tell customs and immigration that you were there for IVF?

#610 MrsBear

MrsBear
  • 24 posts

Posted 10 July 2020 - 11:29 PM

Hi yall, I'm going to FCC in August and this thread helped me make my decision. I'm looking for updated information: How much is it to take a taxi from the hotel zone to the clinic and Walmart as of late? Is it still $5.00.

Can my husband be in the room during the transfer now?

Was Medrol added to the protocol?

Did you go the hospital everyday for scans & bloodwork? 

How long did you stay at the hospital each day?

Did you still get a cellphone? Does this cost extra?

What is the cost from the airport to the hotel zone? Did you tell customs and immigration that you were there for IVF?

Hi SoOverIt,,

I stayed in the Sheraton right across the street so I don’t have info about taking a cab from the hotel zone..  I took a taxi from the clinic to the Walmart once and it cost me about $3. It’s a 10 minute brisk walk if you’re up to it. 

Didn’t get a cellphone. Hotel WiFi was sufficient for FaceTime and the hotel had free local calls

you should have your protocol for scans by now. I did a donor cycle and only went to the hospital twice; first for the lining check and then the transfer. Spent about an hour each time. Not sure how it works for regular (non-donor) cycles.

no questions asked from customs. I would have disclosed if they did

hope this helps

#611 fernanda_39

fernanda_39
  • 71 posts

Posted 29 September 2020 - 10:30 AM

Hi Windsor!, how are you doing? Your son must be almost one year by now.I just wanted lo let you know we have decided to go ahead with another transfer. I will be happy, whatever the results are, getting or not pregnant. I wish I can obviously, but I'm 52 almost and whatever the futures brings Emoticons01015.gif  I will be happy. 

Did it take long with the protocol? I mean, from when you started with it to the actual transfer. I'm still waiting for Azul to send it.

Sending a big hug.

Fernanda

Fernanda! It is excellent to hear from you!
Is your husband 100% certain to never have another child or a sibling for your son? Maybe wait a while longer before you donate your embryo to be sure? Its such a big important decision.

We still are not sure. I waver about wanting a third child but my husband also is uncertain. I cant donate our embryos until we are 100% certain. We are going to decide this year.

I want to not have regrets. I hope to try once more if my husband will agree. I keep thinking about it. My son is 6 months old already, it goes by so fast.

th_acheerlead.gifMe, 46 yrs, OE ivf November 2014 - Transferred 4 embryos -  th_abfn.gif - DE ivf March 2015 - th_abfn.gif - FET April 13, praying for a positive for the first time in my life! icon_stickyvibespink.gif
April 25 - beta at 11dp5dt 331! PREGNANT 😍😍yahoo.gifth_abfp.gif at 15dp5dt beta 1420!

It's a boy!!banana.gifth_acheerlead.gif   13 weeks 3 days today!

#612 Windsor

Windsor
  • Global 100+
  • 163 posts

Posted 29 September 2020 - 08:00 PM

Fernanda! Its great to hear from you!
Yes our boy just turned one year! Im ready for trying a final time, we plan on traveling in August 2021 or September to transfer our final embryo & try for a third baby. Like you, I dont want regrets to not try, and we hope to add to our family. I spoke to Azul just the other day but its too early for protocol,Ill contact her around June to set up our dates.

It took 6 weeks to complete protocol, my last transfer. You gotta bring your timed menstural period with birth control pills. Then go to your doctor to get your TUS ultrasound The week after your Period to ensure no fibroids or uterus problems. Then you bring your next period with birth control. Then you start Estrace to thicken your uterus lining for approx 20 days before your transfer, you have to time it. Start Crinon the week before. Start prenatal, b vitamins ASAP to prepare. You can go to cancun 3 days, travel day one, transfer & rest after day two, travel home day 3. But more days to rest after is better is better. I did the 3 day travel and got pregnant and had our boy.
I hope to hear your updates often please!
Lots of hugs & best wishes!
Do you hope for a girl or a boy? How many embryos do you have frozen?

#613 Windsor

Windsor
  • Global 100+
  • 163 posts

Posted 30 September 2020 - 08:02 AM

And take your lupron needle 3 weeks before your transfer too. So you need to order your lupron, estrace, Crinon from ivfpharmacy as soon as you get your protocol, so you can start them on time.

#614 SoOverIt

SoOverIt
  • 3 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor
  • My Clinic:AFCC or FCC

Posted 11 November 2020 - 07:48 PM

Hi All, 

Just got back from AFC and it was this thread that made me go there. We were not successful and Im going to try another clinic. Our issue was MFI, Hubbys morphology was 3%. One thing I noticed was that the protocol was the same as the failed cycle I did here. After getting back I reading online, i found out that there are much more tests that the SA and also scientific methods of selecting sperm to ensure success. this was not offered at AFCC, So Im going to try again with a another clinic that focuses on male fertility. While I had a great experience while there, I would not recommend for help with male factor infertility. 

#615 DonnaR

DonnaR
  • 17 posts

Posted 05 April 2021 - 11:34 AM

Hi Ladies, 

I just registered to see if anyone is going to Cancun for a cycle in May? I was hoping to go in May , but I do not have a protocol yet. The clinic's communication is very inconsistent. I am dealing with Elizabeth there. She is nice. 

I am wondering if May is out now. I do not have my meds ordered yet.

Please let me know if anybody else is going. I m from the US. I am planning to stay in Playa Morelo for part of the stay, and then may be move closer if I have to stay longer. 

#616 DonnaR

DonnaR
  • 17 posts

Posted 08 April 2021 - 11:58 AM

I ordered meds from IVF pharmacy and so far - no update on the shipping. I am starting to worry. How soon do they usually ship?

#617 DonnaR

DonnaR
  • 17 posts

Posted 22 April 2021 - 04:14 PM

Good news I received my medications. 

However, I am starting to doubt this idea to go to Cancun. They want me to do another ultrasound because they see a 15 mm simple cyst on my baseline ultrasound. I am wondering, am I going to have any treatment? If feels like the treatment will never start and they will keep asking me for something else.. I am scared.

#618 rabbit2108

rabbit2108
  • 4 posts
  • Dx:DOR

Posted 29 April 2021 - 12:12 PM

Hi Ladies, 

I just registered to see if anyone is going to Cancun for a cycle in May? I was hoping to go in May , but I do not have a protocol yet. The clinic's communication is very inconsistent. I am dealing with Elizabeth there. She is nice. 

I am wondering if May is out now. I do not have my meds ordered yet.

Please let me know if anybody else is going. I m from the US. I am planning to stay in Playa Morelo for part of the stay, and then may be move closer if I have to stay longer. 

HI, i also just contacted FCC and talked to Elizabeth (Eli). I am now waiting to get a video appointment with the doctor. If all goes well, i plan to travel end May.

#619 DonnaR

DonnaR
  • 17 posts

Posted 29 April 2021 - 12:41 PM

Hi Rabbit. Keep me posted. I also travel end of May. My donor's retrieval is on May 19 if all goes well. I have been pretty frustrated with the clinic recently and learned a lot from my mistakes. I am not sure if anything good will come out of this cycle. I got my 3.75 Lupron shot but still waiting my my period (should be tomorrow according to the protocol) but no sign of it so far. Are you doing OE or Donor Eggs?

Did you get your meds yet? Unless you get them locally it took me 2 weeks to receive those from ivf pharmacy online. This is a canadian website but they shipped from where they could find. My meds were shipped from Israel.

#620 DonnaR

DonnaR
  • 17 posts

Posted 29 April 2021 - 12:43 PM

Good news I received my medications. 

However, I am starting to doubt this idea to go to Cancun. They want me to do another ultrasound because they see a 15 mm simple cyst on my baseline ultrasound. I am wondering, am I going to have any treatment? If feels like the treatment will never start and they will keep asking me for something else.. I am scared.

Just to clarify this post: the second ultrasound was an idea from their coordinator. When I finally talked to the doctor he said that both ultrasounds were perfectly normal. I also did extra blood work on their coordinator advise and nobody asked me about it.

I felt a lot better after talking to the doctor. Their coordinator kept me hanging for 4 days in total darkness about the whole cycle . It looks like the second ultrasound was a clerical error after all - someone put it on the protocol by mistake.

#621 DonnaR

DonnaR
  • 17 posts

Posted 29 April 2021 - 12:47 PM

My advise to everyone: for initial check ups and ultrasound: just go to the clinic. I wish I did. 

• rabbit2108 likes this

#622 rabbit2108

rabbit2108
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 April 2021 - 01:02 PM

Hi Donna,

I want to try with my own eggs (i am 41, low AMH, high FSH, not great). This will be my first IVF experience, so i am trying to learn as much as possible about the process, how the body reacts, different medication etc.

They quoted me a full package price with meds included. I want to travel there for the whole process, including monitoring, while i still can work from home/remotely. I am in the US and trying to do any outside monitoring is too complicated.

I am now waiting to get a video appointment with FCC to see what the doc says.

Hi Rabbit. Keep me posted. I also travel end of May. My donor's retrieval is on May 19 if all goes well. I have been pretty frustrated with the clinic recently and learned a lot from my mistakes. I am not sure if anything good will come out of this cycle. I got my 3.75 Lupron shot but still waiting my my period (should be tomorrow according to the protocol) but no sign of it so far. Are you doing OE or Donor Eggs?

Did you get your meds yet? Unless you get them locally it took me 2 weeks to receive those from ivf pharmacy online. This is a canadian website but they shipped from where they could find. My meds were shipped from Israel.

#623 DonnaR

DonnaR
  • 17 posts

Posted 29 April 2021 - 01:54 PM

Good. Than you are in a great position if you can simply be in Cancun for all the testing and stimulation. I have not booked my flight yet, but planning to be there on the 18th of May and stay till around 27. I am older so don't want to take any chances with my own eggs, but this will be my first IVF also. 

• rabbit2108 likes this

#624 DonnaR

DonnaR
  • 17 posts

Posted 29 April 2021 - 01:54 PM

Well, so far, my experience totally sucked.

My period never arrived in the time frame of the protocol and my messaging the doctor had no luck - he simply won't respond.

I was supposed to start estrogen pills a week ago but since my period never arrived - I am clueless what to expect and what they did to my cycle with Lupron shot.

#625 rabbit2108

rabbit2108
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 May 2021 - 10:40 AM

HI Donna, sorry to hear that. Are you there now? I am just about to have the first video appointment and then decide what to do. I had to chase them a bit to set up the call, but for now, i am keeping an open mind.