609 replies to this topic

#1 pearljam1997

pearljam1997
  • 1000+
  • 1532 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor
  • My Clinic:Heartland/ Now VFC!!

Posted 12 November 2014 - 12:17 AM

I'm just wanting to gather some person experiences on FCC. We'll be travelling for our final IVF cycle and want to cover all our bases. If you could share how things went for you and who you, if anyone, you dealt with to help you plan. Because of our situation I'm also wondering if any of you did sperm extraction did they do it the same day as egg retrieval? Thanks!!

Me 35, DH 39, DS 1-18, DS 2-16, m/c July 1999 and Oct 2015, failed reversal. See about me page for history.

#2 sandranlg

sandranlg
  • Banned
  • 963 posts
  • Dx:Tubal
  • My Clinic:Duke University Clinic

Posted 12 November 2014 - 12:39 PM

Hi Pearljam- How are you. I will be going to FCC in January. I got the information from one of the ladies on hear and I have been in contact with them on a daily basic. First I contacted Jaime and then Ale. I think they do sperm extraction. The donor cycle is $8350.00 includes everything but your medication which isn't much. Just by talking to them they seems okay to me and plus the research that I have done. But it would be great to hear from other ladies that have been there. There are a lot on the forum so I am hoping someone will answer you soon.

Here is Ale email she will email you right back. She is the Coordinate Biologist at the clinic

amotta.fcc.com.mx

Here is Jamie email he is the IP- [email protected]

• pearljam1997 likes this

#3 pearljam1997

pearljam1997
  • 1000+
  • 1532 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor
  • My Clinic:Heartland/ Now VFC!!

Posted 13 November 2014 - 12:30 AM

Thanks Sandra. So very sorry to hear of your loss, I really hope things go amazingly well for you in January. How exciting!!! 

I have been talking with Sheri, just sent off our entire file and filled out their forms so we'll see what they have to say. If they don't do extraction same day we'll likely go elsewhere. It's amazing how few actually do it when you start looking around. Wishing you all the best. 

Me 35, DH 39, DS 1-18, DS 2-16, m/c July 1999 and Oct 2015, failed reversal. See about me page for history.

#4 sookebunny

sookebunny
  • Global 100+
  • 686 posts
  • Dx:Other
  • My Clinic:VFC and FCC

Posted 17 November 2014 - 07:33 PM

I have been there twice and we love them. I am going to bring a surrogate down there.

Moving on to donor eggs and surrogacy. 

Oct 4, 2015 stop BCP

Oct 15 2015 leave for Cancun.

October 26, 2015 FET

Nov 5, 2015 BETA test

November 5, 2015 Beta 116 10 days past 5 day transfer.

No more blood work just need to go for ultra sound in 10 days,

Ultra sound showed twins Baby A had a heart beat Baby B was to far away but both showing 2 days a head. 

Baby B died at 9 weeks. But have one healthy little girl over 20 weeks. Due July 12, 2016

Baby girl born on June 20, 2016. 

#5 Angela1911

Angela1911
  • Global 100+
  • 156 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:Fertility Center Cancun

Posted 19 November 2014 - 08:50 PM

Been 3 times to FCC, we were one of sheris first clients to switch from irega to FCC when Irega was having issues with coordinators.

First 2 times were fresh cycles, 3rd was frozen, only the FET worked.  lost it at 7 weeks roughly. 

We enjoyed our trips to mexico and it made it very relaxing, even though our success was limited.  you have to pay attention to some of the dosages and nurses sometimes as english isnt there first language.  once the nurse (she is gone) have us a syringe and said to pull to the 2 mark.  2 would have been fine on a 1ml syringe(0.2ml), but not a 3 mill syringe(2 ml).   but i'm pretty good with math and numbers and figure it out.

The protocol they used was no different then the local seattle clinic we were going to use recently here.  Definitely plan more time then you think you need unless you have experience with how long it will take for your follicles to be ready.  Angela was a slow both times, even though we doubled up the dosages (even trippled) the 2nd time.

the clinic itself is very clean and modern in a brand new building.  They are not nearly as slow and family like the 3rd time as when we went the first time.  we were usually the only ones there the first time.  Dr Gayton came in on weekends in his shorts and flip flops for final monitoring before the surgery just to meet with us quickly.

The bus is your friend !!  only a 1 dollar to get to town, then you can cab for 3$ to 5$ to clinic.  when we went the first 2 times, all your rides to and from were included.  and that it made it really nice and stress free.

Bill & Angela

#6 CarisWorld

CarisWorld
  • 15 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 03:23 PM

Angela1911 - Thank you for the information, very useful. I was disappointed to see the other thread shut down.

PearlJam - I am looking to go down to FCC  Jan 31st thru Feb 9th.  I am nervous about the whole thing for a variety of reasons, besides it being an DE IVF cycle, going somewhere site unseen is a bit nerve wracking, and the list goes on.  While the other thread has been shut down, I did go in a read all of 2014 posts which was very helpful.  There were a lot of good tips and information.  It took some time, but it was worth the read.  There are definitely things I hadn't thought of and it simply made me feel better to hear from others who were traveling to Mexico (which is crazy/awesome) to do IVF.  I would love it if this could be the new thread/forum for information and discussion.

My first question.  We were told that the donor we picked is a VIP donor so it's an extra $1500.  Has anyone heard of a vip donor and what makes her VIP?

Cheers to all!

Cari's World

#7 sami99

sami99
  • Global 100+
  • 295 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 04:06 PM

I am currently in Cancun and just had my transfer today through FCC. 2 good looking 5 day embryos :)
Now I have a few days to relax this week and hope for the best before heading back home on the weekend.
Overall my experience was good but I'll write a more thorough review when I get back home - I'm on a mini ipad and just trying to get used to it - I find it easier to type a longer post on a computer.
  • pearljam1997, Beachlover, juice and 3 others like this

1993 - started ttc, Aug 97-1st IVF BFN, Nov 97 FET BFN,  Aug 98 - 2nd IVF BFN, Nov 98 FET BFN, 1999-2000 - several IUI's - all BFN's, 2002 - 3rd IVF BFN, FET BFN, 2004 - 4th IVF - cancelled for poor response, 5th IVF with known donor BFN

June 2006 - ***** BFP (naturally)******  2007 *****DS was born

2008 - TTC again, 2010- started peri-menopause, 2013 - full menopause , 2014 -exploring donor egg

Nov 2014 - transfer 2 5 day embryos  Dec 2014 - BFP ***** DS born*****

Sept 2017 - transfer 2 5 day embryos - BFP

#8 sandranlg

sandranlg
  • Banned
  • 963 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 12:35 PM

Sami99- Congrats. You know I have been praying for you daily and sending sticky vibes.

CarisWorld- I will be going to FCC on Jan 26. I guess we might ran into each other. Yes I have heard of VIP Donor. They was one of the donor that I selected that was $5,000 more because she was from a different agency and she is super fertile. Her cycle she did before the got a 56 yrs lady pregnant. So maybe the donor you selected is from another agency has well.

#9 miss macy

miss macy
  • Global 100+
  • 188 posts
  • Interests:My two bush ponies, trekking, western riding, natural horsemanship and yummy food
  • My Clinic:FCC

Posted 24 November 2014 - 04:07 PM

Best wishes and fingers crossed for your wait. I'm just back from my trip, 3d transfer with de egg. Day 15 beta 38, day 18 only 20. I'll be looking into my options now, no remaining embryo made it to freeze.
Hope this thread can continue as I received sooo much from the ivf mexico forum.

#10 CarisWorld

CarisWorld
  • 15 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 07:43 PM

Sandrnlg - thanks for the info!  I'm a little confused because we were quoted the $5000 for one donor and then got the "local list" and picked one that was vip so that was an extra $1500...I guess it doesn't really matter because we like the donor and heck what's another $1500 ;).  We'll be there from Jan 31st through Feb. 9th, I'll keep an eye out for you!  Sorry you can't tell what I look like, I couldn't get the pics of myself to be straight up and down hence the delicious plate of buffalo mozzarella!  

Sorry to hear your news Miss Macy, please keep us posted.   

• miss macy likes this

Cari's World

#11 sami99

sami99
  • Global 100+
  • 295 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 11:31 PM

Miss Macy - I'm so sorry (( hugs ))

1993 - started ttc, Aug 97-1st IVF BFN, Nov 97 FET BFN,  Aug 98 - 2nd IVF BFN, Nov 98 FET BFN, 1999-2000 - several IUI's - all BFN's, 2002 - 3rd IVF BFN, FET BFN, 2004 - 4th IVF - cancelled for poor response, 5th IVF with known donor BFN

2008 - TTC again, 2010- started peri-menopause, 2013 - full menopause , 2014 -exploring donor egg

#12 Oriphiel

Oriphiel
  • 21 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 11:04 AM

HI everyone, 

It has been a long time since I posted here. I just wanted to say that FCC was my 4th IVF try and 1st success. We have 2 frozen embryos left that I am flying down there on 11/27 to start the process. She was a donor but I dont remember if she was a VIP. They have answered all my emails and have been really nice. After I had a m/c with Irega and even though I was very nice and wanted to try them again with a DE they never responded back.  So I was back in 3 months at FCC, and now this last trip will be the end of our IVF journey. I am hoping that both make it and we have twins. but even if it fails we know that we have done everything that we could do and we got a little one out of it.  I would recommend them to anyone. Also if you have any questions about hotels and things to do there just ask. 

• miss macy likes this

Ori

Have awesome 22 year old son.

TTC for 9 years.

1 failed IUI

3 Ectopics lost one tube the other severely damaged due to rupture but attempted repair.

IVF #1 Own eggs MC 9 Weeks

IVF#2  Own eggs MC 4 weeks

Few days late took HPT was positive for 3 days and even beta was positive but dropped. Weird

IVF# 3 Donor Eggs MC 4 weeks suspeced that it was that the donor was 34. Yep stupid us.

IVF #4 Donor Eggs Donor 23 Years old. Transfer August 26 3 Embryos 2 frozen.

9/2/13 HPT- BFP

9/4- First appt with Dr due to High risk. 

5/5/14 My Baby Girl is here!

11/27 Going back to FCC for FET Est Transfer Date 12/3. Praying for twins

12/10 HPT - BFP!!!

12/12 HCG 95!

12/15 HCG 307!

U/S Jan 2nd! 88bpm icon_cry.gif

U/S Jan 8th! 128 bpm! woohoo.gif

Rosalind Claire born 8/2/2015

Our journey is complete.

#13 sandranlg

sandranlg
  • Banned
  • 963 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 01:35 PM

Oriphiel - Best wishes for your up coming cycle. I was having such a difficult time trying to figure out where to stay but I think I am going to book at La Quinta Inn. I cannot swim so the beach isn't a big deal for me. Do you have any suggestions on hotel?

• Oriphiel likes this

#14 miss macy

miss macy
  • Global 100+
  • 188 posts
  • Interests:My two bush ponies, trekking, western riding, natural horsemanship and yummy food

Posted 25 November 2014 - 01:38 PM

Hi all,

Is Jaime still the contact person working for FCC or has there been a change of staff.  I don't see him on there website anymore as patient co-ordinator.  I was cautious about clicking on the contact email form as last time I got directed to an agent. 

thanks Sami, best wishes.

#15 sandranlg

sandranlg
  • Banned
  • 963 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 01:39 PM

Miss Macy- Yes he his still there. I just spoke with him.

#16 Oriphiel

Oriphiel
  • 21 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 02:37 PM

Oriphiel - Best wishes for your up coming cycle. I was having such a difficult time trying to figure out where to stay but I think I am going to book at La Quinta Inn. I cannot swim so the beach isn't a big deal for me. Do you have any suggestions on hotel?

I am staying at Beachscapes this time $90 usd. We got the intercontinental last year for $62, it was a priceline bid.   The time before that was suites brisas, nothing great about that place but it was included in the cost of the IVF. 

Ori

Have awesome 22 year old son.

TTC for 9 years.

1 failed IUI

3 Ectopics lost one tube the other severely damaged due to rupture but attempted repair.

IVF #1 Own eggs MC 9 Weeks

IVF#2  Own eggs MC 4 weeks

Few days late took HPT was positive for 3 days and even beta was positive but dropped. Weird

IVF# 3 Donor Eggs MC 4 weeks suspeced that it was that the donor was 34. Yep stupid us.

IVF #4 Donor Eggs Donor 23 Years old. Transfer August 26 3 Embryos 2 frozen.

9/2/13 HPT- BFP

9/4- First appt with Dr due to High risk. 

5/5/14 My Baby Girl is here!

11/27 Going back to FCC for FET Est Transfer Date 12/3. Praying for twins

12/10 HPT - BFP!!!

12/12 HCG 95!

12/15 HCG 307!

U/S Jan 2nd! 88bpm icon_cry.gif

U/S Jan 8th! 128 bpm! woohoo.gif

Rosalind Claire born 8/2/2015

Our journey is complete.

#17 miss macy

miss macy
  • Global 100+
  • 188 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 05:46 PM

We just stayed in the GR Solaris, quiet end of the hotel zone.  It was all inclusive, a special deal from expedia. So just relaxed and ate, bus stop outside to wallmart and $5 for the taxi to the clinc.

Just a question about your experiences of transfers.  My only experience is of 3 day.  A lot of what I read favour 5 day.  Is there a big risk you could end up with no embryos making it to 5 day transfer? 

Has anyone heard of the mexico clinics doing pre transfer proceedures to assist implantation, I was reading that in Greece a saline wash is used and also a uturine cut the month prior. 

best wishes.

#18 CarisWorld

CarisWorld
  • 15 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 07:07 PM

We plan on staying through air bnb, we've used air bnb all over Europe and the prices for condos with kitchens, on the beach cannot be matched by any hotel.  We also like having more space and having the kitchen.  There seem to be a number of condos in the hotel zone and close to the clinic for between $65-100/nt.  We're staying at the holiday inn arenas for the first two nights since we already had travel booked before we decided to go to FCC,  the holiday inn is 7 minutes taxi (per google maps) and is $107/nt. Hope this helps!!!

• miss macy likes this

Cari's World

#19 sami99

sami99
  • Global 100+
  • 295 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 07:21 PM

Macy - it depends on how many embryos you have. Dr. Gayton at FCC said to expect to lose about 30% of embryos from day 3 to 4 and another 30% from day 4 to 5. Thats about on par with our results. We had 35% survive by day 5 and 6.

#20 miss macy

miss macy
  • Global 100+
  • 188 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 09:28 PM

Thanks for that Sami, that makes sense since I only got 10 eggs. 

Fingers crossed for your 2ww, keep occupied

#21 eewf22

eewf22
  • 38 posts
  • Dx:Injury
  • My Clinic:Irega

Posted 26 November 2014 - 10:36 AM

Miss Macy - so sorry.  Hoping that your next trip makes all your dreams come true!

We used airbnb to book an apartment right outside the hotel zone about a 10 minute walk from the clinic (I'm going to Irega, not FCC, but wanted to be a part of the forum anyway because the other one was closed down! forgive me for hijacking ;-)).  Super cheap and gives us lots of room and all the amenities that the lofts/apartments there have.  I think I am paying $65/night.

• CarisWorld likes this

#22 sandranlg

sandranlg
  • Banned
  • 963 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 12:46 PM

I was looking on that airbnb as well. I think it my fault I should have looked on Expedia and do an all inclusive but I booked our flight on directly with Delta Airlines and then started looking at hotels. I have decided to stay at the La Quinta Inn. I they have a king suite, mirco-wave, fridge in the rooms as well. It's $92.00 a night and I think I get a 20% discount because I am going to FCC.  I am not a huge fan of the beach because I cannot swim and my hubby does care either way. I do want to go on the Lobster Dinner Tour and go play with the dolphins. Is there anyone going in January and if you don't mind in box me. We could meet up if you don't mind. I had a miscarriage in October and I am waiting on my period to start BCP. I am taking Provera now and I never thought I would be happy to see my period. But I whenever I get my period I will be so happy. I am so mad with IVF meds. I will never order anything from them again. I order my Lupron from them because my RE had a problem re-writing my prescription because I am not doing my cycle with them which I totally understand and plus they agreed to do my off-site monitoring. IVF meds send my medication to Canada when I live in the United States. Now they told me they will resend it out express and I should have it yesterday. I got home and say a receipt in my mail box. Why would they send it through the Parcel Service when I paid $50.00 US dollars for shipping. I am calling them for a refund.

#23 sookebunny

sookebunny
  • Global 100+
  • 686 posts
  • My Clinic:VFC and FCC

Posted 26 November 2014 - 11:42 PM

I also stay at gr solaris when we go I love that hotel when I got back in feb we will stay there again..

• miss macy likes this

Moving on to donor eggs and surrogacy. 

Oct 4, 2015 stop BCP

Oct 15 2015 leave for Cancun.

October 26, 2015 FET

Nov 5, 2015 BETA test

November 5, 2015 Beta 116 10 days past 5 day transfer.

No more blood work just need to go for ultra sound in 10 days,

Ultra sound showed twins Baby A had a heart beat Baby B was to far away but both showing 2 days a head. 

Baby B died at 9 weeks. But have one healthy little girl over 20 weeks. Due July 12, 2016

Baby girl born on June 20, 2016. 

#24 miss macy

miss macy
  • Global 100+
  • 188 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 11:50 PM

Welcome and thanks for your wishes eewf, when are you heading off?
Sandra, deep breaths, how stressful, have got the lupron now?
The lobster dinner tour sounds yummy, can't wait hear about it. Well it's official for me last beta was 4, had a cry, but hubby says we'll try again, maybe need to sell my horse float. Just researching pros n cons 3 vs 5 transfers before deciding where as we didn't have anyy frosties from this cycle.
Sandra, we took delta from LA, take a book and nibbles, no in flight entertainment and pricey, limited snacks on board. Am like you, waiting for period now! Happy Thanksgiving
Sookebunny, we to will go back to the gr solaris too, staff so friendly and good food.
  • sookebunny likes this

#25 sandranlg

sandranlg
  • Banned
  • 963 posts

Posted 27 November 2014 - 07:25 AM

Miss Macy- Happy Thanksgiving to you and everyone as well. I am so this cycle did not work for you.I finally got the Lupron when I got home yesterday.Yesterday I went to the gym and ran 60 minutes on the threadmill and now I am limping on the left leg. Not sure what happened but I have a heating pad on it now. I might pull a muscle. I am talking today off from the gym.