Donor egg

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 stargazer555

stargazer555
  • 3 posts
  • Dx:N/A

Posted 11 October 2014 - 08:21 PM

I just finished a round of IVF with donor sperm, and unfortunately have low quality eggs and the transfer was cancelled.  My physician is recommending a donor egg, which I am fine with, I'm just not sure where to start the process.  From what she told me, I can go to a clinic in Washington, Colorado or Barcelona, or that there are some clinics that handle this in Toronto.  Can someone provide some guidance about the best approach? I don't know anyone that has had to go down this path before, so I would really appreciate some insight.

#2 Tess

Tess
  • 1000+
  • 1495 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained

Posted 11 October 2014 - 08:40 PM

IVF Canada works with Houston Fertility Institute, who has a donor bank.  You should contact them if you want to do this in Toronto.

Greece and Spain also offer donor cycles for about 4-5000 Euros.  

There are hundreds of clinics on the US that do frozen and fresh donor cycles.  The options are almost overwhelming.  Be careful when choosing a clinic.  Donor eggs can give very high success rates (70-80%, but the less successful clinics can give success rates of 30-45%.)  Choose your program carefully.  

The most successful, and the most expensive, are Reproductive Medicine Associates in New Jersey, CCRM in Colorado, San Diego Fertility Center and Oregon Reproductive Medicine. 

Some more mid-range and less expensive, but still very good success rates are Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine, the Fertility Center of Las Vegas, Santa Monica Fertility, Pacific Northwest Fertility Center (Seattle), IVF New Jersey, SRM Spokane Fertility Center.

You can find guarantee programs, shared cycles, and frozen cycles. 

Frozen:

RBA in Atlanta pioneered it with my egg bank North America.  http://rba-online.com/ivf/index.php

They now have affiliated clinics.  Check the success rates of the affiliates - they vary a lot in success rates.   

https://www.facebook.com/MyEggBankMEB.  The Atlanta affiliate has a success money back guarantee package for 30K.  A single cycle is about 16K.

Ways to make decisions:
Here's the clinic numbers from the Centers for Disease Control in the States:

Here's the SART stats on individual American clinics: 

Here's a web site that put these states into lists:  You can find the top clinics in each US state, and the top clinics divided by age and by donor egg cycles.

PM if you want more information about any of these options.  I know how frustrating it is to try to figure it out all the options.  

Good luck!!!

#3 Tess

Tess
  • 1000+
  • 1495 posts

Posted 11 October 2014 - 08:55 PM

"I just finished a round of IVF with donor sperm, and unfortunately have low quality eggs and the transfer was cancelled.  My physician is recommending a donor egg, which I am fine with, I'm just not sure where to start the process."

If you are looking for double-donor cycles, bunch of those above programs offers that treatment.

Something to consider is that many of these programs have embryo donation programs that are much less expensive.

Or this below program has a double-donor program.  A money back guarantee program for about 12K: 

http://www.californiaconceptions.com/

http://www.californi...id=48&Itemid=59

#4 Tess

Tess
  • 1000+
  • 1495 posts

Posted 11 October 2014 - 09:03 PM

Depending on where you are geographically or where you want to travel:

Florida:

In Florida the South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine is very good.  They've got a discount for international travellers.

Midwest:

In Illinois: Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago.

Minneapolis: Center for Reproductive Medicine

California:

California has dozens of good clinics.  Check out the above lists, but lots of good clinics with donor programs in the San Fran, LA and San Diego areas.  

Texas:

In Texas: Houston Fertility Institute, Houston IVF, Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates

Mountain West:

Arizona: Arizona Associates for Reproductive Health

Utah: Utah Center for Reproductive Health 

Arizona, Utah and Idaho are less expensive then the clinics on the costs of the USA. 

I'm not sure, but I think Create and New Life in Toronto coordinate with a Texas donor program.  

#5 amp77

amp77
  • 1000+
  • 2746 posts
  • My Clinic:OFC

Posted 11 October 2014 - 09:07 PM

Ottawa Fertility Centre works with Donor Egg Bank USA  http://www.conceive....ents/donor-egg/

I have also heard good things about some of the clinics in Prague and they are much cheaper than North America.  There is a forum on here for doing IVF abroad.

Best of luck to you!

Age 40, DH 44 in Oct.

TTC on and off since 2007 before our second IVF, in 2014, brought us our beautiful son and our first FET brought us our second son in 2017.  Our family is complete!

IVF #1 - April 2014 - BFN - no frosties

IVF #2 - July 2014 - BFP - 5B-AB and 4 frosties (5B-BB, 2x4B-BB and 3B-BB)

Apr. 13, 2015 - Daniel Erik was born at 5:05 am, weight 8 lbs, 13 oz, and 22" long.  He is perfect in every way.

FET #1 - September 2016 - BFP - 5B-BB and 3 frosties (2x4B-BB and 3B-BB)

June 18, 2017 - Matthew William was born at 2:46 am, weight 8 lbs, 11 oz and 21" long.  He is perfect in every way too!

#6 gibasgirl

gibasgirl
  • Site Admin
  • 13147 posts
  • Interests:I like many things, music (all kinds), tennis, photography, and languages to name a few. Ok, interior and industrial design, opera, and TV. Yes, TV, there are just so many darn good TV shows on the air. Ugh, it's hard to resist.

Posted 11 October 2014 - 09:54 PM

Markham Fertity and Hannam Fertility also have donor programmes.

#7 gibasgirl

gibasgirl
  • Site Admin
  • 13147 posts
  • Interests:I like many things, music (all kinds), tennis, photography, and languages to name a few. Ok, interior and industrial design, opera, and TV. Yes, TV, there are just so many darn good TV shows on the air. Ugh, it's hard to resist.

Posted 11 October 2014 - 09:55 PM

All the best in your journey. There are many options and providers to look into.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Donor egg