Diet & Fitness Accountability Buddies - Page 6 - Yoga, Nutrition and Fitness for Fertility - IVF.ca Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Diet & Fitness Accountability Buddies

• Please log in to reply
139 replies to this topic

#126 autumnmarie

autumnmarie
  • 1000+
  • 2735 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained

Posted 25 March 2015 - 07:36 PM

Hi Shells! Carbs are my weakness...and desserts esp if there's chocolate involved. It's challenging to cut down on carbs and refined sugars but you're going to find so many new recipes and find all this new stuff you like! I like to have things to look forward to :)

What changes have you made?

Me: 33, DH, 35

TTC - 2012

2014: MMC

2015: the year of pills, shots, IUIs and an ectopic

2016: BFP, EDD 4/19/2017

#127 Bug88

Bug88
  • 1000+
  • 1633 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor
  • My Clinic:Regional Fertility Program, Calgary AB

Posted 30 March 2015 - 11:48 PM

Hi ladies 😊!!! Chocolate is my downfall too 😁. How are you making you?

I've been working out but my diet still sucks! I've lost a couple pounds but it could be from stopping meds. Will clean it up tomorrow haha.

#128 autumnmarie

autumnmarie
  • 1000+
  • 2735 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 08:03 AM

I've been working out - two workouts this week already and being more aware of what I am eating. Cooking and eating at home is always best for me because it gives me better control over what I am eating so the goal is to limit buying lunch or going out to dinner.

TTC - 2012

#129 Bug88

Bug88
  • 1000+
  • 1633 posts

Posted 03 April 2015 - 09:44 AM

Autumnmarie: how is it going? I recently heard about the 21 day fix from beach body and am going to try it out. This last year of cycling my portion control is terrible! This gives you containers that are proper portion sizes and a loose eating plan. You can eat a variety if foods as long you you stick to your 'container quota' for the day. I'm not looking to lose much weight... Just the 5-7 I put on from my last cycle. But I'm hoping it teaches me how to eat again. I've been stuck in a rut eating too much healthy food 😒. I've been very diligent with my workouts... Great stress reliver for me. But the chocolate afterwards probably not doing me any favors lol.

#130 CdnHockeyGal

CdnHockeyGal
  • Super Moderator
  • 7094 posts
  • Interests:Hockey, baseball & travel
  • Dx:Other
  • My Clinic:Several in Canada & US

Posted 03 April 2015 - 09:55 AM

Down 1lb and 9 more to go before Maui....but I'd honestly be happy with 6 and the ability to wear all my clothes again. :-)
  • mouse likes this
It was long, awful & hard. We got very lucky and didn't run out of both emotional and financial resources. We saw some of the most beautiful of people in our lowest moments. Baby Girl arrived Apr 10/2018

#131 Bug88

Bug88
  • 1000+
  • 1633 posts

Posted 03 April 2015 - 09:41 PM

Touché CHG!!! I'd love to fit in my clothes again 😂😭
  • CdnHockeyGal likes this

#132 egroegn

egroegn
  • Global 100+
  • 174 posts
  • My Clinic:RFP - Calgary

Posted 10 April 2015 - 08:56 PM

Would you guys mind terribly if I hopped into this thread? I just need some accountability. I am so horrible at self motivation.

I am gearing up for my second IVF. I should be starting stims around April 21. My goal is to get my step count up. My current goal is 7000 steps a day and I want to increase that by 1000 steps every week. The gym just os not going to happen. Haha. So I am starting small.

I use a fit bit and use to compete with my husband buuuut... He stopped using his because he said it annoyed him. Sigh.

TTC since November 2012
Antisperm Antibodies found October 2014
Begin IVF/ICSI November 2014
IVF #1 Failed, no frozen embryos

IVF #2 Positive Beta at 15dp3dt, 189.  Second beta at 17dp3dt confirms miscarriage, 74.

#133 ilovemydogs

ilovemydogs
  • Cyclebase
  • 4806 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 09:05 PM

I just started using my fitbit. I've been trying to get 10,000 steps, but the past week has been difficult because of the weather. Plus it stopped synching with my Android earlier this week which is super annoying so I don't know how much I have left late in the day and don't know whether I can make 10K by just walking around the house a whole lot. Last week my husband started a competition with me, but I don't know if he wants to keep doing it because I beat him so bad. Competitions really do help up the steps - especially if you're a competitive person like me.

Finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.

See "About Me" for details.

#134 autumnmarie

autumnmarie
  • 1000+
  • 2735 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 09:18 PM

Bug - I'm not really familiar with the beach body program, are you going to try it? I have been getting to the gym at least twice a week for the last couple weeks and started jogging again so that's progress. I'm reluctant to make any big changes while going through cycling, I feel like the meds and all the stress are enough to deal with without adding more craziness.

I am eating healthier though and making sure I get at least eight glasses of water in so I do feel better.

ILmD - I used to have a fitbit too, it was great but then it died. If you tap it though the lights will tell you where are in relation to your goals.

CHG - I would like to fit into my clothes again too! And go to Maui, so jealous!

TTC - 2012

#135 egroegn

egroegn
  • Global 100+
  • 174 posts

Posted 11 April 2015 - 12:18 PM

I just started using my fitbit. I've been trying to get 10,000 steps, but the past week has been difficult because of the weather. Plus it stopped synching with my Android earlier this week which is super annoying so I don't know how much I have left late in the day and don't know whether I can make 10K by just walking around the house a whole lot. Last week my husband started a competition with me, but I don't know if he wants to keep doing it because I beat him so bad. Competitions really do help up the steps - especially if you're a competitive person like me.

I had some issues with it syncing with my samsung after one of the updates.  I was having to manually sync each day.  But it seems to be okay now.  If you set it up, it will vibrate and go nuts when you hit your step goal and double tapping will show your progress in 20% increments.  20% towards your goal for each dot that lights up.  I prefer competition.  If you would like to add me as a fitbit friend, we could "compete". Haha.

Anyone else using a fitbit that might like to start a walking challenge?

My goal is 72oz of water in a day.  Last time I went through IVF I was soooo thirsty and because I never drank much water prior to that, I felt like everything was floating on the inside.  Aaaannnnndddd, I had to pee ALL the time!

TTC since November 2012

IVF #2 Positive Beta at 15dp3dt, 189.  Second beta at 17dp3dt confirms miscarriage, 74.

#136 ilovemydogs

ilovemydogs
  • Cyclebase
  • 4806 posts

Posted 11 April 2015 - 01:09 PM

I'm trying to up my water too. Also found a new electrolyte drink so I don't have to drink Gatorade this time (you can also drink coconut water, but I'm not the biggest fan). I'm so bad at the water.

Still no synching at all. I know ballpark where I am from the lights, but at night if I'm over 8,000 I just don't know how close I am to 10 and if it's worth it to walk around. I would love a challenge once my sync issues are fixed - I find it way more motivating.

Finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.

See "About Me" for details.

#137 egroegn

egroegn
  • Global 100+
  • 174 posts

Posted 11 April 2015 - 02:12 PM

Maybe try uninstalling and then reinstalling the app? You cannot even manually sync it?

TTC since November 2012

#138 Clairey

Clairey
  • Global 100+
  • 249 posts
  • Dx:N/A

Posted 11 April 2015 - 07:45 PM

I just began the Beach Body program. I haven't been able to keep control of my weight in a long time. I always gain weight each cycle, I don't feel comfortable exercising after a certain amount of days stimming, then of course after cycles feel horrible and not able to do real work outs.

Taking a break for awhile from cycling (this program is too intense during a cycle), and am worried about the summer. Hello Free Willy. So I have done 1 week of the 21 day fix and eating better. So far - nothing - but feel better not eating any crap and sneaking in veggies. I was barely able to powerwalk in the neighbourhood a couple weeks ago and I'm not great at the videos, but they pass quickly and I think I get a teeny bit better each day.

I truly hope I see results soon for if this doesn't work I don't think I have any hope. God forbid I'm denied of getting pregnant plus am stuck getting my period every month AND fat in addition despite my attempts!!!!  LOL.

Water is a big thing and I definitely don't get enough. Hopefully adding Crystal Light is OK as that's the only way I can get it down.

The beautiful weather (18 tomorrow!!) is a blessing and a curse. A blessing after brutal winters and motivating people to get outside. A curse as I'll need to wear a tent. Sigh.... this pattern of events...

#139 egroegn

egroegn
  • Global 100+
  • 174 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 10:06 AM

I know a few people that did the 21 day fix and did well on it as long as they stuck tight to the program.  I suck at sticking to home based programs. So like I said, walking it is for me.  And sometimes I like to play the kinect.  I have a few good ones on there.  But right now I seem to be in full out nesting mode so I am getting all the house work caught up and everything packed to go.  Only 6 BCP left (I take them in the evening so I have not taken today's yet) and then it will be into Stims.  So I figure I will be on the road and headed to Calgary to complete my cycle in less than two weeks.

TTC since November 2012

#140 autumnmarie

autumnmarie
  • 1000+
  • 2735 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 11:42 AM

Walking is great, esp now that the weather is getting better. I've been drinking more water and planning out meals so that we are eating more home cooked food. Better for my wallet and my waist. I want to increase my running/intervals but I am hesitant to do that while in a 2WW.

TTC - 2012