Diet & Fitness Accountability Buddies - Page 2 - Yoga, Nutrition and Fitness for Fertility - IVF.ca Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Diet & Fitness Accountability Buddies

• Please log in to reply
139 replies to this topic

#26 ilovemydogs

ilovemydogs
  • Cyclebase
  • 4806 posts
  • Dx:Other

Posted 30 September 2014 - 07:47 AM

I missed the elliptical last night too. I think I'm retaining a lot of water because my weight went up 6 pounds from Saturday to Sunday so I'm drinking like crazy today to lose that. I've found I'm not drinking the water I should since I miscarried so back to that.
  • JacMac likes this
Finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.

See "About Me" for details.

#27 Meary

Meary
  • 1000+
  • 1156 posts
  • Interests:Animals, Crochet/Knitting/Sewing, Vespas, Horror Movies, My Job, Camping, Music
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:Foothills RFP

Posted 30 September 2014 - 08:07 AM

Crazy - Did you manage to squeeze in a work out?

ilovemydog - I find it really hard to remember to drink water, I don't usually notice I'm thirsty until I'm INSANELY thirsty.  I need to develop this good habit as well.

JacMac, sami99, TryingForOur1stChild - What are your fitness goals / plans? 

MamaHugs - Were you able to fit in a trip to the gym? 

Juice - Did you manage to make it out for a walk?

See Profile / About me page.

#28 Crazy

Crazy
  • 1000+
  • 2146 posts
  • Interests:Cooking (and eating!), hiking, camping, exercise, reading, gardening.
  • Dx:Male Factor
  • My Clinic:RFP - Calgary

Posted 30 September 2014 - 08:38 AM

ild - did you eat something really salty or processed foods? That big of a change in so little time is definitely water.

Meary - I had a short walk and then cleaned my house. Not a work out, but at least I was moving a bit. I did manage to resist Florentine cookies yesterday so I figure that balances out my lack of exercise. 😉

I have to meal plan for the week and grocery shop today. I do so much better when I have a plan. I tend to make very bad food choices when I am hungry.

It's raining so getting outside for a walk isn't going to happen. My grocery store is attached to a mall, so I will get there early and be one of those slightly irritating power walking people for a few laps. Not much but that's okay.
  • Meary likes this

#29 sami99

sami99
  • Global 100+
  • 295 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 10:54 AM

My goal is to lose at least 10 lbs (if not more) by my transfer date which is Nov. 24th.  I am going to do this by getting up early and doing the stairmaster for 20 minutes 2-3 times per week.  I get up at 6am for work anyways so I just need to get up 20-25 minutes earlier to fit this in (I am not at all a morning person but I did manage to do it this morning :)

I also have a small gym at my work so my goal is to workout at lunch at least 3 days per week for 45-60 minutes.  I have no excuse since the gym is just a walk down the stairs!  I already have a green smoothy most days (on work days) so now I want to add a green juice daily as well 4-6 days per week.  And, did I mention I have a sweet tooth?  I have to be able to not eat sweets :(  - I'm going to try to limit anything with sugar to just one item on the weekend to start and then just eliminate it all together. 

• Meary likes this

1993 - started ttc, Aug 97-1st IVF BFN, Nov 97 FET BFN,  Aug 98 - 2nd IVF BFN, Nov 98 FET BFN, 1999-2000 - several IUI's - all BFN's, 2002 - 3rd IVF BFN, FET BFN, 2004 - 4th IVF - cancelled for poor response, 5th IVF with known donor BFN

June 2006 - ***** BFP (naturally)******  2007 *****DS was born

2008 - TTC again, 2010- started peri-menopause, 2013 - full menopause , 2014 -exploring donor egg

Nov 2014 - transfer 2 5 day embryos  Dec 2014 - BFP ***** DS born*****

Sept 2017 - transfer 2 5 day embryos - BFP

#30 ilovemydogs

ilovemydogs
  • Cyclebase
  • 4806 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 11:01 AM

We have a work party for one of my friends today. I was told there will be lots of food. I will have a small soup for lunch and smallish dinner to compensate. No time for workout today as getting my hair done tonight. That will be 3 hours with travel time. But badly needed as I have not had cut/highlights since mid-June.

#31 Crazy

Crazy
  • 1000+
  • 2146 posts
  • Interests:Cooking (and eating!), hiking, camping, exercise, reading, gardening.

Posted 30 September 2014 - 11:50 AM

So much for my meal plan. My husband just let me know he has to work late all this week. At least I hadn't gone grocery shopping yet. I think a big pot of parsnip soup is in my near future.
  • Meary likes this

#32 ilovemydogs

ilovemydogs
  • Cyclebase
  • 4806 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 04:09 PM

Crazy - that's me every week from now till April. DH has curling Monday, soccer Wednesday and hockey Thursday (am and pm). Usually has to work late Tuesday. I find it a good opportunity to eat well those nights.

My hair appointment was moved to Friday afternoon so I can do the elliptical tonight. I was very bad at our work party though and ate crap at lunch. I wanted soup but our caf just had something with seafood (yuck) or something with soy (upsets my stomach).

#33 Meary

Meary
  • 1000+
  • 1156 posts
  • Interests:Animals, Crochet/Knitting/Sewing, Vespas, Horror Movies, My Job, Camping, Music

Posted 01 October 2014 - 08:49 AM

Meary - I had a short walk and then cleaned my house. Not a work out, but at least I was moving a bit. I did manage to resist Florentine cookies yesterday so I figure that balances out my lack of exercise.

What are Florentine cookies?!

My goal is to lose at least 10 lbs (if not more) by my transfer date which is Nov. 24th.

I also have a small gym at my work so my goal is to workout at lunch at least 3 days per week for 45-60 minutes. 

We are of a similar mind frame sami (regarding pre transfer weight loss).

Having a gym would be wonderful!  I nice way to burn off work related frustrations too.  Perhaps when I'm done this damn deadline, I'll start using my lunch hour to go for a walk.

My hair appointment was moved to Friday afternoon so I can do the elliptical tonight. I was very bad at our work party though and ate crap at lunch. I wanted soup but our caf just had something with seafood (yuck) or something with soy (upsets my stomach).

I stopped coloring my hair a long time ago.  I never did it for grey coverage, just because I enjoyed having different colours all the time.  Since I've stopped, I've come to realize I have a 'handsome' grey streak, which I've considered getting enhanced.  Very distinguished, don'tcha know? 

How was the party food?  Worth it?

Myself: Ran on the elliptical last night for 30 minutes at a good speed with few 'slow downs'.  I also baselined my weight yesterday, so I'll start keeping track now.

2014-09-30: -0 lbs

2014-10-01: -2.2 lbs

I'm aware enough to know that that loss isn't a true reflection.  Different times of the day, a good poop, varying degrees of salt intake, etc. ;)

Tonight is my exercise night off,  but I'll be walking the dog while my husband jogs and making a delicious dinner.

How'd everyone else do yesterday?

#34 ilovemydogs

ilovemydogs
  • Cyclebase
  • 4806 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 10:03 AM

I'm still battling the water weight, but I think I'm getting a breakthrough today.
  • Meary likes this

#35 TryingForOur2ndChild

TryingForOur2ndChild
  • Global 100+
  • 791 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 01:25 PM

Crazy - Did you manage to squeeze in a work out?

ilovemydog - I find it really hard to remember to drink water, I don't usually notice I'm thirsty until I'm INSANELY thirsty.  I need to develop this good habit as well.

MamaHugs - Were you able to fit in a trip to the gym? 

Juice - Did you manage to make it out for a walk?

Sorry Meary for the delayed response... yesterday was crazy! Okay, fitness goals.... well seeing as my FET is going to be around the end of Oct I'm not going to go too crazy. They say a 1-2 lb loss weekly is a healthy amount to lose so I'm going to go for a 5 lbs loss and anything else I'll be happy with. I've gotten back to eating tons of veggies and minimizing carbs (we have a love/hate relationship lol).... oh and trying to get my water in which I've found in the past is key for me. Evening snacking is the toughest for me.... I can stay on track for the morning and lunch but the evenings kill my diet... sigh. I also plan on working out in some fashion 4-6 times a week. Lately it's been super nice out so my DH and I are going for fast paced night walks for 40 mins and on the days that aren't so nice I will have to motivate myself enough to do my excersise videos.

• Meary likes this

See full journey details on my profile:

About Us:

​Trying to conceive since 2013 (male factor); Me: 39 yrs old; DH: 37 yrs old; low testosterone; very low sperm count; on Clomid for testosterone

~ 2014 ~ IVF Cycle #1:

Cycle Info:

- Antagonist protocol

- Retrieval: 22 eggs retrieved; 8 injected (ICSI); 6 fertilized; 4 embryos divided - 2 embryos are 4 cell grade 1, 1 embryo is 5 cell grade 2, and 1 embryo is 8 cell grade 2

FET #1 - medicated cycle (2014)

- transferred two day-3s: one 10 cell grade 1 and one 12 cell grade 2; Beta: BFN; approved to do a natural FET next time

FET #2 - Non-medicated cycle (2014)

- added Teva-Doxycycline 100mg (antibiotic) started one day before procedure: 1 tab 2xdaily until finished) 

- transferred two day-3 embies (1 is 10 cell grade 2 and 1 is 12 cell grade 2); took 1 tab of Apo-Diazepam (valium) 5mg 45mins before FET        

​- HPT = th_abfp.gifbanana.gifbanana.gifth_abfp.gif  Welcomed our little babygirl.gif in summer of 2015

~ 2016/17IVF Cycle #2: Project Sibling

Cycle Info:

Oct. 29: Retrieval - 23 eggs retrieved; will be a freeze all cycle

Nov. 2: Dostinex 0.5mg every other day for a total of 8 days has started to alleviate OHSS 

Nov. 4: Day 6 report: 5 embryos on ice... yay! 4 day-5s (4AA and 3 are 4BC quality) and 1 day-6 (5BC quality)

FET #1 - Non-medicated cycle (2017)

Feb. 6: start Teva-Doxycycline antibiotic100mg one day before procedure
Feb. 7: scheduled transfer at 11:45am; 1 tab of Apo-Diazepam (valium) 5mg taken 45mins before transfer; transfer of one 4AA blast

Feb.20: BETA - BFN; approved to go right into another natural FET with no cycle in between

FET #2 - Non-medicated cycle (2017)

Feb.24: CD3 - u/s and b/w= nothing said about lining; E2 19, LH 4.4 IU/L, FSH 6.6 IU/L, Prolactin 8.1 Ng/mL, TSH 2.22 IU/L, Progesterone 1.6 nmol/L, Glucose 4.1 - I requested (norm is 3.6-7.7); back on CD15; acupuncture 2x weekly until fet to try and bring on LH surge sooner than CD17.

Mar.6: OPK positive in the evening so looks like I will be going into the clinic tomorrow

Mar.7: CD14 - u/s and b/w= 11mm triple lining; E2 712, LH 32 IU/L

Mar.8: CD15 - b/w= confirmed LH surge was yesterday; E2 343, LH 8.12 IU/L; start Endometrin 3x/daily

Mar.11: start Doxycycline antibiotic 100mg (8 pills total) one day before procedure: 1 tab 2xdaily until finished

Mar.12: scheduled transfer at 10am of one 4BA blast; 1 tab of Apo-Diazepam (valium) 5mg taken 45mins before transfer

Mar.23: HPT = th_abfp.gifbanana.gifbanana.gifth_abfp.gif

​Mar.25: Beta #1= 788 hcg, Progesterone 107 nmol/L; RE happy with results so skipping beta #2 and going right to u/s

​Apr.4: had light bleeding last night so went to clinic where they did an u/s; too early to really see much but did see a gestational sac; u/s moved from Apr.8th to 15th

Apr.18: First u/s scheduled (at 8 wks).... omg there are twins!!! One had a heartbeat of 140 and the other only 80 so being referred to the head OB of internal fetal medicine as it looks like I may have a vanishing twin which RE said 50% of twins go down to one before the 2nd trimester.

#36 Crazy

Crazy
  • 1000+
  • 2146 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 05:10 AM

Hectic day yesterday. Fortunately, part of the reason it was hectic was my spin class. The instructor is great and the class doesn't feel like an hour. Except to my butt. My butt is very much aware of every moment I spend sitting on those bike seats.

Tomorrow is my weight watchers meeting. I know I am down so I am looking forward to the weigh in. I am happy to report that my jeans and undies are getting a bit baggy since starting my diet. The baggy jeans I can live with for a while longer, but I am going to have to do something about the undies.

Meary - a Florentine is a very thin crispy, caramelly cookie. So yummy. I normally can't resist. For some reason some people like them dipped in chocolate and I think that ruins the texture and the delicate flavour. The ones at the get together I was at on Monday were chocolate dipped. Otherwise I'm not sure I could have been as strong as I was against the Florentine ambush.
  • JacMac likes this

#37 ilovemydogs

ilovemydogs
  • Cyclebase
  • 4806 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 11:32 AM

Lost 2 pounds of water weight. Have to keep it up. Not sure if it's a pms symptom since I have no clue when af might be coming. Did dog walk and elliptical last night, but will just do a walk tonight. Woke up to a cramp in my calf and it's still a bit sore so don't want to overdo it. Butternut squash puree soup for dinner but craving blt sandwich for lunch.

#38 CdnHockeyGal

CdnHockeyGal
  • Super Moderator
  • 7094 posts
  • Interests:Hockey, baseball & travel
  • My Clinic:Several in Canada & US

Posted 02 October 2014 - 07:22 PM

I'm in! I'd like to lose 10lbs. :-). Pretty sure I put on 20lbs since March (I refused to step on the scale to confirm.). I've taken off 10 and while not pleased with current weight I went on the scale last week to confirm I was exactly where I thought I'd be. I want to wear cute undies again.

Went for a 5km run this AM...hadn't run in months...felt good. I'll be doing a combo of activity...hockey on Fri, Step Aeorbics on Saturdays, Hot Yoga on Sun, TRX on Thursdays and hope to get in one run a week or at least a brisk walk. I get bored if I don't change activity frequently. Lost 45lbs about 5 yrs ago and am so mad at myself for letting some of it creep back on.
It was long, awful & hard. We got very lucky and didn't run out of both emotional and financial resources. We saw some of the most beautiful of people in our lowest moments. Baby Girl arrived Apr 10/2018

#39 CdnHockeyGal

CdnHockeyGal
  • Super Moderator
  • 7094 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 07:22 PM

Biggest motivation....I'm about to go to a cocktail party I had to buy a dress a size bigger in to attend. Yuck.
It was long, awful & hard. We got very lucky and didn't run out of both emotional and financial resources. We saw some of the most beautiful of people in our lowest moments. Baby Girl arrived Apr 10/2018

#40 Crazy

Crazy
  • 1000+
  • 2146 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 07:37 PM

10 lbs is a dress size.

I am impressed you can run 5k when you haven't run in that long. I think I would probably throw up if I tried.

#41 Meary

Meary
  • 1000+
  • 1156 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 07:30 AM

LIST UPDATE

Weight Loss

CdnHockeyGal

Crazy

ilovemydog

JacMac

MamaHugs

Meary

sami99

TryingForOur1stChild

Fitness

Juice

#42 Meary

Meary
  • 1000+
  • 1156 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 08:21 AM

Okay, fitness goals.... well seeing as my FET is going to be around the end of Oct I'm not going to go too crazy. They say a 1-2 lb loss weekly is a healthy amount to lose so I'm going to go for a 5 lbs loss and anything else I'll be happy with. I've gotten back to eating tons of veggies and minimizing carbs (we have a love/hate relationship lol).... oh and trying to get my water in which I've found in the past is key for me. Evening snacking is the toughest for me.... I can stay on track for the morning and lunch but the evenings kill my diet... sigh. I also plan on working out in some fashion 4-6 times a week. Lately it's been super nice out so my DH and I are going for fast paced night walks for 40 mins and on the days that aren't so nice I will have to motivate myself enough to do my excersise videos.

I hear you about carbs and bad weather!  Love the carbs...and love a warm blanket on the couch while watching a movie when the weather has gone sour.  Not wanting to go crazy on the weight loss attempts make perfect sense when your transfer is coming up soon.

Tomorrow is my weight watchers meeting. I know I am down so I am looking forward to the weigh in. I am happy to report that my jeans and undies are getting a bit baggy since starting my diet. The baggy jeans I can live with for a while longer, but I am going to have to do something about the undies.

Meary - a Florentine is a very thin crispy, caramelly cookie. So yummy.

That cookie sounds intriguing!  Though so do all cookies wink.png.  Congrats on the spin class....I don't know if I could handle that just yet.  Enjoy your WW meeting today!

Lost 2 pounds of water weight. Have to keep it up. Not sure if it's a pms symptom since I have no clue when af might be coming. Did dog walk and elliptical last night, but will just do a walk tonight.

Ugh, PMS symptoms.  Blech.  I'm walking my dog tonight while my husband jogs.   I'm thinking of a nice quiet long walk with just me and her.

I'm in! I'd like to lose 10lbs. :-). Pretty sure I put on 20lbs since March (I refused to step on the scale to confirm.). I've taken off 10 and while not pleased with current weight I went on the scale last week to confirm I was exactly where I thought I'd be. I want to wear cute undies again.

Went for a 5km run this AM...hadn't run in months...felt good. I'll be doing a combo of activity...hockey on Fri, Step Aeorbics on Saturdays, Hot Yoga on Sun, TRX on Thursdays and hope to get in one run a week or at least a brisk walk. I get bored if I don't change activity frequently. Lost 45lbs about 5 yrs ago and am so mad at myself for letting some of it creep back on.

First, welcome.  Second, and I say this with nothing but kindness in my heart, you're a crazy fitness lady.  Third, I understand not wanting to weight oneself.  And lastly, never let your size stop you from wearing cute undies!  NEVER! (I belong to an underwear of the month club, I refuse to wear any that aren't adorable ever again!)

Tonight Immagonna walk the dog.  I had a ladies night last night, which fell on my run night, but I barely ate all day so eff that. smile.png

• CdnHockeyGal likes this

#43 JacMac

JacMac
  • Cyclebase
  • 1937 posts
  • Dx:PCOS
  • My Clinic:RFP/Adoption By Choice

Posted 03 October 2014 - 09:13 AM

Things got derailed as my mom is visiting, we got the baby dedicated on the weekend and did a quick trip to Edmonton to sign some adoption paperwork and visit friends. All I ate on the trip was pretty much junk except the meals my friend made, but one was waffles lol.
I did manage to sneak away to some hot yoga yesterday. I'm hoping to get in one more session before my mom leaves on Tuesday and then the hubby is on his six days off so we can spell each other out to go to the gym. It's hard when he's on his days on because he works such long shifts. I suppose I could get out and walk the dogs more but we hard a turn in the weather the other day and are now in single digit or minus temperatures. Brrrr....
  • Meary likes this
Me - now 36 Him - 37
Trying to conceive since our wedding day May 25, 2008.
Started Clomid Jan-April 2012.
Referred to RFP June 2012.
First consult at RFP November 2012.
First IVF cycle on antagonist protocol (GonalF, Luveris) January 2013.
Transferred two day-3 embryos, had severe OHSS, lost one twin between 7-13 weeks but was expecting one little one October 2013.
Found out at 6 mos that our little one had died weeks earlier and had to induce and deliver stillborn, July 25, 2013.
Something found on adrenal gland at follow up ultrasound, MRI showed what seems to be a benign tumor. Meeting with specialist Jan 8, 2014 - all fertility treatments on hold. :/
Tumour is definitely producing Aldosterone (causes high blood pressure) and Cortisol. Lucky me, only 34 similar cases recorded in the world! Tumour removed May 2014.
Approached about a possible adoption March 2014. Rush through all the paperwork and process.
Charlotte Evangeline born June 27, 2014. We brought her home on July 7 and held our breath for 10 days until she officially became ours.
Surprise BFP October 2014. Due to wonky cycles, ultrasounds convince Doctors I have a blighted ovum but detailed ultrasound reveals heartbeat at 6w3d. On progesterone support and waiting to see if pregnancy is still viable. Holding our breath again.
Adalyn Marie born on June 9, 2014 after a roller coaster pregnancy.

#44 Crazy

Crazy
  • 1000+
  • 2146 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 10:40 AM

It's always such a shock to the system when the weather changes in the fall. I was going to head out for a walk yesterday, but the wind was a bit extreme. I worry about branches damaged in the snow storm getting blown down. Instead I got caught up on The Voice. I am so much better at controlling my food than exercising
  • Meary likes this

#45 Crazy

Crazy
  • 1000+
  • 2146 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 03:24 PM

Down a total of 12.8lbs. Yay me!

I figured I would post another recipe and because it's Friday I figured I would do fish. If you have never cooked fish before this is a great recipe to try. The ingredient list is a bit long because of the spice blend. We eat this often enough that I mix up a jar of the spices to have on hand and then it doesn't take much time to make. If you don't have a food processor or blender to make the sauce in just chop everything up very fine. I'm not sure of the calories for this one, but it is 9 weight watchers points plus. There are approximately 50 calories per point so 450 calories is a good estimate. This will vary depending on the tortillas you use.

Blackened Tilapia Tacos (9 points plus for two tacos)

1/4 cup light sour cream
2 tbsp chopped cilantro
2 tbsp fresh lime juice
1 jalapeño, seeded and chopped
1 cup thinly sliced white onion
1 1/2 tsp paprika
1 1/2 tsp brown sugar
1 tsp oregano
3/4 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
4 170g (6oz) tilapia fillets
1 tbsp oil
8 small tortillas
1/2 ripe avocado

In a food processor or blender mix sour cream, cilantro, lime juice, and jalapeño until smooth. Pour over onion and set aside.

Combine all spices in a small bowl and rub on to both sides of tilapia fillets.

Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium high heat. When oil is hot fry fish approximately 3 minutes per side.

Serve 1/2 fish fillet per tortilla wrapper and divide sauce and onion mixture, and avocado between tacos.

Serve with extra cilantro and lime wedges.
  • CdnHockeyGal and Meary like this

#46 Meary

Meary
  • 1000+
  • 1156 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 03:28 PM

That looks delicious!

#47 Crazy

Crazy
  • 1000+
  • 2146 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 03:45 PM

It really is. So much flavour. If you like things spicy you can increase the cayenne or keep the seeds in the jalapeño. It's cheap to make to. Tilapia isn't an expensive fish. I buy packages of frozen fillets.
  • Meary likes this

#48 CdnHockeyGal

CdnHockeyGal
  • Super Moderator
  • 7094 posts

Posted 04 October 2014 - 02:03 AM

10 lbs is a dress size.
I am impressed you can run 5k when you haven't run in that long. I think I would probably throw up if I tried.

Honestly - it was miserable. Couldn't believe I could get it through it either...but...my times are slow just getting back into. Mad at myself for not keeping it up. It will be awhile before I run sub 10 again. :-( so...I guess it was a good jog? I'd say a dress size is accurate...I don't fit any of my pants or cute skirts...I finally capitulated and moved them out of the closet because they were taking up space.

Okay, fitness goals.... well seeing as my FET is going to be around the end of Oct I'm not going to go too crazy. They say a 1-2 lb loss weekly is a healthy amount to lose so I'm going to go for a 5 lbs loss and anything else I'll be happy with. I've gotten back to eating tons of veggies and minimizing carbs (we have a love/hate relationship lol).... oh and trying to get my water in which I've found in the past is key for me. Evening snacking is the toughest for me.... I can stay on track for the morning and lunch but the evenings kill my diet... sigh. I also plan on working out in some fashion 4-6 times a week. Lately it's been super nice out so my DH and I are going for fast paced night walks for 40 mins and on the days that aren't so nice I will have to motivate myself enough to do my excersise videos.

I hear you about carbs and bad weather!  Love the carbs...and love a warm blanket on the couch while watching a movie when the weather has gone sour.  Not wanting to go crazy on the weight loss attempts make perfect sense when your transfer is coming up soon.

Meary - a Florentine is a very thin crispy, caramelly cookie. So yummy.

That cookie sounds intriguing!  Though so do all cookies ;).  Congrats on the spin class....I don't know if I could handle that just yet.  Enjoy your WW meeting today!

Lost 2 pounds of water weight. Have to keep it up. Not sure if it's a pms symptom since I have no clue when af might be coming. Did dog walk and elliptical last night, but will just do a walk tonight.

Ugh, PMS symptoms.  Blech.  I'm walking my dog tonight while my husband jogs.   I'm thinking of a nice quiet long walk with just me and her.

First, welcome.  Second, and I say this with nothing but kindness in my heart, you're a crazy fitness lady.  Third, I understand not wanting to weight oneself.  And lastly, never let your size stop you from wearing cute undies!  NEVER! (I belong to an underwear of the month club, I refuse to wear any that aren't adorable ever again!)

Tonight Immagonna walk the dog.  I had a ladies night last night, which fell on my run night, but I barely ate all day so eff that. :)

I go stir crazy without activity. :-). I love hockey...so that one is easy...step aerobics reminds me of dancing at the bar when I was young...so yay fun...can't make it through a sports season without the yoga...and TRX because it's so important for women's health to have some muscle mass/tone.

Down a total of 12.8lbs. Yay me!
I figured I would post another recipe and because it's Friday I figured I would do fish. If you have never cooked fish before this is a great recipe to try. The ingredient list is a bit long because of the spice blend. We eat this often enough that I mix up a jar of the spices to have on hand and then it doesn't take much time to make. If you don't have a food processor or blender to make the sauce in just chop everything up very fine. I'm not sure of the calories for this one, but it is 9 weight watchers points plus. There are approximately 50 calories per point so 450 calories is a good estimate. This will vary depending on the tortillas you use.
Blackened Tilapia Tacos (9 points plus for two tacos)
1/4 cup light sour cream
2 tbsp chopped cilantro
2 tbsp fresh lime juice
1 jalapeño, seeded and chopped
1 cup thinly sliced white onion
1 1/2 tsp paprika
1 1/2 tsp brown sugar
1 tsp oregano
3/4 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
4 170g (6oz) tilapia fillets
1 tbsp oil
8 small tortillas
1/2 ripe avocado
In a food processor or blender mix sour cream, cilantro, lime juice, and jalapeño until smooth. Pour over onion and set aside.
Combine all spices in a small bowl and rub on to both sides of tilapia fillets.
Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium high heat. When oil is hot fry fish approximately 3 minutes per side.
Serve 1/2 fish fillet per tortilla wrapper and divide sauce and onion mixture, and avocado between tacos.
Serve with extra cilantro and lime wedges.

Awesome - totally awesome! Can't wait to make this!!! Fish Tacos are my faves!

We really like Rocco DiSpirito's cookbook when we're trying to lose weight. Has anyone ever tried it?

#49 ilovemydogs

ilovemydogs
  • Cyclebase
  • 4806 posts

Posted 04 October 2014 - 10:45 AM

Today will be a day of indulgence - going to a wedding. The bride has commanded me to eat cake, but also let me know there is a late night poutine station. In addition to a chicken/beef duo for dinner. And DH doesn't dance so won't be too much in the way of activity. Must be good the rest of the week because Thanksgiving is also coming up.

#50 Crazy

Crazy
  • 1000+
  • 2146 posts

Posted 04 October 2014 - 12:55 PM

I like to eat a small really healthy meal before going to something like a wedding reception. That way I can have a small amount of the food they are serving but I don't go over board.