#1 Mira79

Mira79
  • Just Hatched
  • 4 posts
  • Dx:N/A
  • My Clinic:Repromed

Posted 19 September 2014 - 08:05 PM

Hello everyone,

I decided to share my experience with Repromed for all I went through for almost one year.

I was been transferred from Montreal hospital to Repromed (I know it is + 411 miles but we did not have choice).

We transferred our file to the clinic, I had a fibroid 6cm (back at this time on October 2013),everything was going well, even if there is lack of information, you can't know detailed steps about what you suppose to do.

We started the transfer on December 2013, at this time my fibroid become bigger it was 8cm, my husband asked if we should wait, have surgery first as we paid alot of money and we have only 4 embryos, Dr. D said no it is fine, some women will get pregnant with this. After 12 days from the transfer I got the worst pain in the word, and bleeding .. went to the hospital the pregnant was negative but my fibroid increased to 10cm..

I had surgery after 3 months .. and after 4 months from the surgery called the clinic to start the ivf second cycle, told Dr. D that as per my doctor we should wait until I have surgery as my fibroid was big! all he said that some decision has made!

as there is huge lack of information, after I  traveled 411 miles I discover that there are over $2000 that I should pay, no one informed me about this, no emails no calls, the girl at the counter said I sent an email, but she cannot prove, she never sent .. when I protest specially I dont have the amount with me as no one told me about (I usually don't hang out with $2300 and travel with all these miles), Dr. D was so angry and said a lot of things he should not say to a patient (like were I am thinking at? a restaurant)?, not professional way at all. I paid +$12000 and I deserve as a patient to be aware about everything, and I request more professionalism!

He refused to do anything unless I pay, at the end we had agreement to pay $300 now and $700 when I go back. I insisted to have a copy of the email that the receptionist pretend to send, until now almost one month no emails, just a lie!

#2 Mira79

Mira79
  • Just Hatched
  • 4 posts
  • My Clinic:Repromed

Posted 19 September 2014 - 08:06 PM

#3 amazing grace

amazing grace
  • Global 100+
  • 743 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained

Posted 20 September 2014 - 02:37 PM

I can understand how you feel and I know first hand what it is like not to get accurate information. My advice to you is, if you feel that you do not owe any money then make an appointment to speak to the doctor and get all the facts from him. Secondly, I learned the hard way that some clinics may not fit our criteria for what we are looking for in care. I waited two and a half years before realizing that the clinic I was with was not the right one for me. If you feel that you are not getting the care you deserve, maybe try to find a clinic that works with you not against you. I know it is hard to make the move, but at the end, I believe it is all worth it. This process is stressful enough and having to work with a clinic who adds more stress is not a good thing. Good luck with your decision.

#4 ReproMed

ReproMed
  • 3 posts
  • My Clinic:ReproMed

Posted 23 September 2014 - 11:46 AM

It is unfortunate that there may have been some miss understandings in your communication with the clinic.  You are always welcome to contact us and review any aspects realted to your case.  It was a pleasure working with you and we wish you all the best with your new family!