• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Blueberry

Blueberry
  • 44 posts
  • Dx:Immunological
  • My Clinic:VFC

Posted 10 November 2006 - 03:12 AM

Hi, just wondering if there's anyone else out there going to UBC. We had a cancelled cycle at Genesis so I've booked a consult at UBC. My spidey sense is telling me that I should be getting this second opinion and so off I went. I've already got my appointment booked with Dr. Cheung (or is it Chung?) but I'm still waiting for Genesis to send me my records. I asked for the records to come to me as I am bringing them to my family doc and they will see what blood tests I need to complement the physical that I had last month. (Don't want to duplicate any blood work.)

That's it, just wanted to say "hi". I don't know if there will be much more cycling between now and Christmas, or maybe most of the cycling will be done in the new year?

Minnie

#2 zoecat5

zoecat5
  • 51 posts

Posted 10 November 2006 - 10:01 PM

Hi, just wondering if there's anyone else out there going to UBC. We had a cancelled cycle at Genesis so I've booked a consult at UBC. My spidey sense is telling me that I should be getting this second opinion and so off I went. I've already got my appointment booked with Dr. Cheung (or is it Chung?) but I'm still waiting for Genesis to send me my records. I asked for the records to come to me as I am bringing them to my family doc and they will see what blood tests I need to complement the physical that I had last month. (Don't want to duplicate any blood work.)

That's it, just wanted to say "hi". I don't know if there will be much more cycling between now and Christmas, or maybe most of the cycling will be done in the new year?

Minnie

Minnie - good luck to you! I was at UBC and had success there doing superovulation + IUI...let me know how it goes!
Karen
Me - 38
DH - 40
m/c Oct 13/04 - blighted ovum at 12 weeks
August '05 - bloodwork and SA a-okay
August '05 - HSG - clear (? - apparantly not!!!!)
November 10/05 - HSG - hydrosalphinx in left tube, almost completely blocked
November 28/05 - laproscopy - left tube scarred to ovary and bowel - scarring removed, bowel and ovary freed, and tube reopened
TTC for 4 months, then back to the RE
Started acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Herbs December 6/05
Started Superovulation + IUI in July/August 06 = BFP - baby Elizabeth born April 12/07

#3 Blueberry

Blueberry
  • 44 posts

Posted 11 November 2006 - 04:52 PM

Thank you!

I got my records yesterday (from Genesis) and there's a couple of things that I'm suspicious of, so it will be a relief to get a second opinion!

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 12 November 2006 - 05:46 PM

Minnie

I am a patient of UBC and have been for over two years now if you include IUI’s. Under introductions here is my story, you can read some of what I went through, if you can find it. Communication is not always what it should be but if you are persistent, you can get answers. I do know through experience that I found out everyone responds differently and as I said before, the most important thing is communication. I kept looking for answers as I was bleeding every two weeks for a while now and finally got to see my RE on Oct 30. As soon as she saw the mess my cycles are in, she ordered a new hysteroscopy for me which she is doing herself on Nov 28 and whenever AF arrives, I have to do more bloodtests on day 3, an anticardiolipin antibody test, TSH, prolactin, fsh, estradiol,and LH tests so I feel that she is covering everything.

I feel so grateful to have 8 frozen embies especially at my age. I want to give them the best possible chance so my DH and I decided to put everything on hold until we know what is happening with me as my body is obviously telling me something. I am pleased that UBC are doing everything possible to find out what is going on.

I hope that you get the answers you are looking for and wish you lots of luck. Maybe we will be cycle buddies together in the New Year.
Cheers
Carolyn

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 01:25 PM

Minnie

Just thought I would let you know that you aren't alone! We too tranferred from Genesis after "bad feelings" And learned a lot once we got into UBC.

We just had our first IUI this weekend (we were told by genesis it was ICSI or nothing).

THey are a great team at UBC, you will feel very cared for!

Wish you all the best.

Jenn

#6 Blueberry

Blueberry
  • 44 posts

Posted 15 November 2006 - 05:30 AM

Thank you Jenn and Carolyn!

It sure makes me feel like we are doing the right thing, although at this point we are opting for a second opinion only. My DH has a bad feeling about Genesis and wants to switch. I will say that when I got my records from Genesis, it certainly created some questions and I hope the RE at UBC will be able to answer, or give his opinion on!

Thank you both!

Jenn - good luck with your IUI!!!

Carolyn - good luck with your cycle in the new year!!! We might be cycle buddies, depending on what the doc at UBC says next month. I am so anxious to start again!

Take care,
Minnie

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 16 November 2006 - 03:45 PM

I am a strong believe in gut instincts! My DH couldn't wait to get out of Genesis. And he jokes that at least at UBC they have movies for the guys to watch instead of just sticky magazines!

UBC is moving in less than a month so things might be a little hectic. Sure the place isn't as "pretty" but the care is way better, I can't wait to see what the new location looks like!

Thanks about the IUI, I can't wait to see what happens, I am not a patient person so this 2ww thing isn't very much fun!

Best wishes

Jenn