#1 JuneLily

JuneLily
  • Global 100+
  • 250 posts
  • Dx:Endometriosis
  • My Clinic:PCRM

Posted 22 August 2014 - 12:37 AM

Hi all,

I figured it was time to get this party started! I am 12 weeks today with dichorionic/diamniotic twins through IVF who are due March 5, 2015. 

So far I've been following the other twin due date groups trying to soak up as much as I can! 

I'd love to hear from all those who are due around the same time.

Me: 30 31 DH: 32 33 Furbabies x 2: 7 8

TTC (or at least not trying to not to) since 2004

Complications

Endometriosis 

IVF, Pregnancy, Preterm Labour & the NICU Rollercoaster

June 2014 - Long lupron protocol. Transferred 2 5-day blasts and I finally saw two beautiful pink lines!

October 20,  2014 - Devastating news. Cervix measuring only 9mm. On bed rest and determined to make it to viability and beyond.

November 7, 2014 - Moved to hospital bed rest as planned as we neared viability.

November 13, 2014 - 24 WEEKS! Happy Viability Day, babies!

November 29, 2014 - Elianna Nicole and Scarlett Anne were born via emergency c-section at 26 weeks 3 days.babygirl.gif babygirl.gif

February 17, 2015 - Elianna becomes our first NICU graduate after 81 days!

March 3, 2015 - Scarlett is discharged after 95 days in the NICU.

#2 juice

juice
  • Global 100+
  • 542 posts
  • Interests:Getting pregnant!! Used to have others, can't remember lol.
  • Dx:DOR

Posted 22 August 2014 - 01:20 PM

I'm due March 22, 2015, but will probably be early. Mine have their their own placentas so fraternal, I'm assuming. 

me - 45.5, husband - 43.5

1 natural pregnancy but m/c in June 2011

7 failed IUIs, 3 medicated and 4 non-medicated, all BFN

I was a poor responder to the meds, only produced 1 viable egg so I'm not a candidate for IVF

Suffering  deeply, watching all my friends get pregnant and raise kids.

No one in my immediate circle of friends and family who has gone through this so forums are amazingly helpful.

Dec 2013 - have chosen a donor with San Diego Fertility Center and have begun the process. If all goes well we'll get me preggo in April 2014. IF all goes well... 

It DIDN'T go well - our donor failed her genetic testing. It took MORE exhausting searches 24/7 to find another we liked, and finally she's passed and good to go. IF all goes well we'll go down to SDFC mid-June 2014 for the egg transfer and get me pregnant..if all goes well...if... if... if... so many letdowns cannot allow me to be hopeful, just wait and see...

June 2014 Went to SDFC, everything went smoothly. Well, kind of...family stuff... but transfer went well

July 16 2014 did blood test...BFP th_abfp.gif Wow. First time, feeling a lot emotions and crying uncontrollably for last 48 hours.

Hoping it sticks. That's all for now.

Aug 11 first u/s - TWINS. omg....good size, good heartbeat. I'm terrified.

#3 TJ33

TJ33
  • Global 100+
  • 252 posts
  • Interests:Camping / Fishing / Anything Outdoors!
  • My Clinic:Mt Sinai

Posted 22 August 2014 - 03:17 PM

Hi June Lily - you are more than welcomed to join our December / January Group (I am not actually due until Feb)

Would be nice to add more ladies to our existing group! :)

Me - 34 (DOR - AMH 0.59) / DH - 37 (Some male factors)
TTC for 4 years, Diagnosed with DOR (Summer 2013)

Doctor recommended IVF with ICSI - giving us a 5% success rate

IVF #1 - MAY 2014

ER May 16 - 5 AMAZING mature eggs! All 5 fertilized!

ET May 21 - Transferred great looking day 5 blasts (1BB & 1CC) and we have one on ice! (1CC)

Beta #1 (9dp5dt) 196

Beta #2 (12dp5dt) 799

th_abfp.gif  YAY!!! So happy and feeling so blessed!

US June 23 (7 weeks, 4 days) TWO AMAZING HEARTBEATS!!! (Baby A 150 BPM and Baby B 156 BPM)

US July 28 (12 weeks, 4 days) Both babies measured on track and were moving around like crazy! (Baby A 150 BPM and Baby B 157 BPM)

US September 15 (19 weeks, 4 days) Everything looked great! Literally two bouncing baby boys!!! (Baby A 141 BPM and Baby B 144 BPM)

US #2 October 1 - Tech was able to get missing measurements. So nice to see my boys bouncing around!

Check up with OB October 17 - 6 MONTH MARK YAY!!! Everything looked great from last two US's. OB sending me for blood work and glucose test. Go back in 2 weeks for follow up.

Feeling so blessed! Praying my peanuts continue to grow nice and strong! babyboy.gif babyboy.gif 

#4 JuneLily

JuneLily
  • Global 100+
  • 250 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 12:00 AM

Juice, I'm assuming mine are fraternal as well since they don't share anything. We're pretty much planning on them arriving sometime in February... I really hope to be able to keep them in until 36 weeks.

TJ33, thanks! I think I'll likely end up in both groups... that way I'll know what I'm in for since all of you will have already gone through it!

Complications

Endometriosis 

June 2014 - Long lupron protocol. Transferred 2 5-day blasts and I finally saw two beautiful pink lines!

October 20,  2014 - Devastating news. Cervix measuring only 9mm. On bed rest and determined to make it to viability and beyond.

November 7, 2014 - Moved to hospital bed rest as planned as we neared viability.

November 29, 2014 - Elianna Nicole and Scarlett Anne were born via emergency c-section at 26 weeks 3 days.babygirl.gif babygirl.gif

#5 TJ33

TJ33
  • Global 100+
  • 252 posts
  • Interests:Camping / Fishing / Anything Outdoors!
  • My Clinic:Mt Sinai

Posted 25 August 2014 - 12:49 PM

Very welcomed June Lily :)

Me - 34 (DOR - AMH 0.59) / DH - 37 (Some male factors)
TTC for 4 years, Diagnosed with DOR (Summer 2013)

Doctor recommended IVF with ICSI - giving us a 5% success rate

IVF #1 - MAY 2014

ER May 16 - 5 AMAZING mature eggs! All 5 fertilized!

ET May 21 - Transferred great looking day 5 blasts (1BB & 1CC) and we have one on ice! (1CC)

Beta #1 (9dp5dt) 196

Beta #2 (12dp5dt) 799

th_abfp.gif  YAY!!! So happy and feeling so blessed!

US June 23 (7 weeks, 4 days) TWO AMAZING HEARTBEATS!!! (Baby A 150 BPM and Baby B 156 BPM)

US July 28 (12 weeks, 4 days) Both babies measured on track and were moving around like crazy! (Baby A 150 BPM and Baby B 157 BPM)

US September 15 (19 weeks, 4 days) Everything looked great! Literally two bouncing baby boys!!! (Baby A 141 BPM and Baby B 144 BPM)

US #2 October 1 - Tech was able to get missing measurements. So nice to see my boys bouncing around!

Check up with OB October 17 - 6 MONTH MARK YAY!!! Everything looked great from last two US's. OB sending me for blood work and glucose test. Go back in 2 weeks for follow up.

Feeling so blessed! Praying my peanuts continue to grow nice and strong! babyboy.gif babyboy.gif 

#6 juice

juice
  • Global 100+
  • 542 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 02:38 PM

I am 11.5 weeks now, and I'm still exhausted, low appetite and nauseous. I feel like I should start to get energy back now. I'm a BC teacher on strike and keep wondering, how the heck would I go back to work in this condition?? 

I was a poor responder to the meds, only produced 1 viable egg so I'm not a candidate for IVF

No one in my immediate circle of friends and family who has gone through this so forums are amazingly helpful.

Dec 2013 - have chosen a donor with San Diego Fertility Center and have begun the process. If all goes well we'll get me preggo in April 2014. IF all goes well... 

It DIDN'T go well - our donor failed her genetic testing. It took MORE exhausting searches 24/7 to find another we liked, and finally she's passed and good to go. IF all goes well we'll go down to SDFC mid-June 2014 for the egg transfer and get me pregnant..if all goes well...if... if... if... so many letdowns cannot allow me to be hopeful, just wait and see...

June 2014 Went to SDFC, everything went smoothly. Well, kind of...family stuff... but transfer went well

July 16 2014 did blood test...BFP th_abfp.gif Wow. First time, feeling a lot emotions and crying uncontrollably for last 48 hours.

#7 JuneLily

JuneLily
  • Global 100+
  • 250 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 01:48 PM

I hear ya, Juice! I keep reading that the exhaustion should be letting up (I'll be 14 weeks tomorrow), but so far it hasn't happened. This making twins business is tough.

Are you on any meds for the nausea? I feel nauseas when I'm hungry... so I pretty much eat all the time. It was harder a few weeks ago when I didn't feel like eating, but that part is getting better. 

I can't imagine having to teach all day feeling this way. I have a desk job and don't have to move or interact too much if I don't feel like it. 

Hopefully by the time you go back to work you'll be into the second trimester and feeling a lot better.

• juice likes this

Complications

Endometriosis 

#8 vball_gal

vball_gal
  • Cyclebase
  • 1204 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:RFP (Calgary)

Posted 03 September 2014 - 03:00 PM

If it's any consolation the tiredness does go away for 2nd trimester so you will get a reprieve :-)  I won't even discuss 3rd trimester yet with you guys sorry :-)

• Crazy likes this
See my about page for more information...

#9 juice

juice
  • Global 100+
  • 542 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 03:52 PM

I hear ya, Juice! I keep reading that the exhaustion should be letting up (I'll be 14 weeks tomorrow), but so far it hasn't happened. This making twins business is tough.

Are you on any meds for the nausea? I feel nauseas when I'm hungry... so I pretty much eat all the time. It was harder a few weeks ago when I didn't feel like eating, but that part is getting better. 

I can't imagine having to teach all day feeling this way. I have a desk job and don't have to move or interact too much if I don't feel like it. 

Hopefully by the time you go back to work you'll be into the second trimester and feeling a lot better.

Thaks JL. I was not in great shape before I got pregnant so that doesn't help. It's hard to get active when I feel so exhausted and lethargic all day. I could sleep forever. I am pretty sure I'm dealing with depression too so I got prescribed an AD today, see how that goes. 

I started taking diclectin a couple of nights ago. Maybe that's what's making me sleep so much??

Yeah, teaching is not a desk job, have to be 'on' all the time. Taking care of a 100 teens a day is something that's hard on a good day, let alone with with 1st trimester blues!! 

#10 Esperanzababy

Esperanzababy
  • Global 100+
  • 303 posts
  • Dx:Other
  • My Clinic:Irega

Posted 04 September 2014 - 11:57 AM

Hi all, I'm due March 15 (though likely end of Feb) with fraternal twins. Good to see all here.

Me: 45, DH: 46

Two natural both ending in early M/C

DE/IVF Nov. 12, waiting until Nov. 27: BFN

Return for FET, lining not thick, ugh!

Returning in late spring/summer for FET

Fresh transfer with new donor on June 27

HPT negative, devastated

Beta, no hopes, 2751 BFP, wooohooo, twins!!!!!!

http://infertilitytr...o.blogspot.com/

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

#11 CCBaby

CCBaby
  • 38 posts
  • Dx:Cancer
  • My Clinic:FTC

Posted 12 September 2014 - 05:51 PM

Hello, ladies and congrats on your babies! I am pregnant 7w5d with triplets, from IVF. I don't have a due date yet because I haven't "graduated" to obgyn yet but my due date is somewhere in March. I also feel super tired all the time and nauseous in the morning, although I haven't threw up at all. My belly is already visible and my jeans only fit unbuttoned. I need to get maternity clothes but I said I will wait until 12 weeks to be more certain. I found it comfortable wearing maxi skirts and flats to work.
Me: 30, DH: 45 - had cancer at 22
IVF#1 ER Dec '13, eggs: 8 retr,
Sperm: frozen for 23 years => 6 fert, 5 to 4d freezing
FET#1 Feb 21st, 2014, 2 embryos BFP 8dp4dt
Beta #1 Day 11 - 19
Beta #2 Day 14 - Lower, stopped meds M/C March 9th
FET#2 Aug 8th, 3 embryos BFP 4dp4dt
Beta#1 Aug 19th 11dp4dt - 1,078
Beta#2 Aug 21st 13dp4dt- 2,722
Beta#3 Aug 27th 19dp4dt- 13,000
U/S#1 Sept 5th - 6w4d - it's triplets!! all with heartbeats 120 bpm
U/S#2 Sept 15th - 8w0d - babies measure 8w2d, all have heartbeats ~170 bpm

#12 juice

juice
  • Global 100+
  • 542 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 10:24 PM

I finally bought a couple of maternity jeans today, and a top, and I'm SO glad I did - they are ridiculously comfortable, just heavenly, and they look like normal skinny jeans. I'm only 13 weeks but I'm showing. I'm only 4'11" so finding xs petite jeans that don't require hemming is a miracle. And they were on sale! I'm glad I'm starting to look pregnant and not just fat lol. 

• CCBaby likes this

#13 CCBaby

CCBaby
  • 38 posts
  • Dx:Cancer
  • My Clinic:FTC

Posted 16 September 2014 - 11:16 PM

I bought this weekend a pair of black skinny jeggings and they are super comfortable! I like how it goes over my belly and not my belly over the pants :) also I got 2 of those bandeau type of material that goes over unbuttoned regular pants. I haven't tried those yet but I will with the jeans. I haven't bought any jeans yet because the ones I like are a couple hundred dollars so I said I will wait till 12 weeks to make sure :)
I also got my first OB appointment set up for Sept 29th when I'll be 10 weeks, it's with a popular high-risk clinic that also has a pregnancy SPA :)
  • juice likes this
Me: 30, DH: 45 - had cancer at 22
IVF#1 ER Dec '13, eggs: 8 retr,
Sperm: frozen for 23 years => 6 fert, 5 to 4d freezing
FET#1 Feb 21st, 2014, 2 embryos BFP 8dp4dt
Beta #1 Day 11 - 19
Beta #2 Day 14 - Lower, stopped meds M/C March 9th
FET#2 Aug 8th, 3 embryos BFP 4dp4dt
Beta#1 Aug 19th 11dp4dt - 1,078
Beta#2 Aug 21st 13dp4dt- 2,722
Beta#3 Aug 27th 19dp4dt- 13,000
U/S#1 Sept 5th - 6w4d - it's triplets!! all with heartbeats 120 bpm
U/S#2 Sept 15th - 8w0d - babies measure 8w2d, all have heartbeats ~170 bpm

#14 juice

juice
  • Global 100+
  • 542 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 09:43 AM

I'm 15 weeks this weekend and I'm STILL throwing up!! This morning was terrible. Always starts with a migraine-like headache, then violent puking. I forgot to take the diclectin last night. 

Anyone else still have morning sickness??

#15 Crazy

Crazy
  • 1000+
  • 2146 posts
  • Interests:Cooking (and eating!), hiking, camping, exercise, reading, gardening.
  • Dx:Male Factor
  • My Clinic:RFP - Calgary

Posted 26 September 2014 - 11:14 AM

Juice - do you wake up during the night? If you do have a snack, it helped me a lot. I ate a banana, but you could have pretty much anything.

#16 Emily81

Emily81
  • 1000+
  • 1533 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor
  • My Clinic:AART- Halifax

Posted 26 September 2014 - 09:34 PM

I felt much better around 17 weeks if that helps Juice(was also on Diclectin). Hope you feel better soon. Do you get lots of protein? I always felt worse if I skimped on protein.

#17 juice

juice
  • Global 100+
  • 542 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 11:10 PM

Juice - do you wake up during the night? If you do have a snack, it helped me a lot. I ate a banana, but you could have pretty much anything.

I don't get up during the night at all. My headaches usually start around 5am and get worse. My alarm goes off at 6:30 am anyway so after a while I get up and take a tylenol - and 10 min later vomit. I hate it. I will try your suggestion of a small snack, but I feel like I'll puke it up anyway.

#18 juice

juice
  • Global 100+
  • 542 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 11:12 PM

I felt much better around 17 weeks if that helps Juice(was also on Diclectin). Hope you feel better soon. Do you get lots of protein? I always felt worse if I skimped on protein.

I hope I do too!! I actually don't get enough protein, I don't think. Thanks for the reminder!! I will also not forget to take diclectin. I have been surprisingly ok during this first week back at work, but I crash when I get home. And I'm so busy at work I sometimes have to delay my eating. Not doing that anymore!!

#19 tjluvbug

tjluvbug
  • Cyclebase
  • 1574 posts
  • My Clinic:Olive

Posted 26 September 2014 - 11:23 PM

Hi ladies, I'll join in. I'm expecting fraternal twins on April 2nd (adjusted due date for twins). I have had no morning sickness really to speak of except that I feel a little gaggy in the mornings but once I eat I'm fine. This evening was the first time I've actually felt really sick but then again, supper was late by over an hour so i was ravenously hungry and lightheaded. Nearly threw up in the garbage can in costco waiting for my chicken strips! Once I ate, I felt normal again. For the past two nights I've had a fair bit of lower back pain and AF like cramps that go away once i lay around for a while. It was gone this morning and stayed away all day until tonight again. I'm hoping that its just uterine stretching given that theres two in there and things are probably stretching more than with a singleton. 

Any of you ladies notice these types of cramps. I am 10 weeks today. My NT scan is in two weeks and I have an OB appointment on Tuesday next week so I'm hoping that she'll do a doppler. I have a small subchorionic hematoma around Baby A and had one incidence of pink spotting, no red bleeding. After the spotting thats when the hematoma was diagnosed.

<p>Me 38 (28 when we did first IVF) DH 52 3 IVF's, 2 FET's, & 2 IUI's.  Boy/Girl twins born March 12th, 2015 at 33w6d. Our family is complete

#20 vball_gal

vball_gal
  • Cyclebase
  • 1204 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:RFP (Calgary)

Posted 27 September 2014 - 12:48 AM

juice - I had morning sickness til around the 19th week ;-(  Hang in there and definitely keep on the diclectin and protein.  I felt awful eating but it really was one of the only ways to make me feel better.   I used to eat cheese sticks and protein bars.

• juice likes this
See my about page for more information...

#21 JuneLily

JuneLily
  • Global 100+
  • 250 posts

Posted 28 September 2014 - 03:42 PM

Juice, sorry to hear you're still not feeling well. I'm 17 weeks now and my nausea/morning sickness let up about 2 weeks ago - such a relief. I hope it happens for you soon! I definitely felt worse when I wasn't eating enough protein too - but I never wanted any kind of meat, so it was tough. I ate (and still do) a lot of cheese and yogurt, oh, and chocolate milk! Love me some chocolate milk!

Welcome, tjluvebug & congrats! I felt worst when I was hungry as well... so then I ate and ate and ate! The gag reflux in the beginning was hard to deal with - mine is still not back to normal, but it's better than it was. I haven't had any AF like cramps yet, just a few shooting pains in my abdomen that are likely just round ligament pain. Have you mentioned the cramps to your Dr. yet?

What sort of schedule are you all on with your Drs/ultrasounds? My appointments with the Drs are every 2 weeks and I switch between my OB and my GP and I'll be having ultrasounds every 4 weeks until I reach 36 weeks and then the stress tests begin. I'm also seeing a naturopath and I've started seeing a chiropractor to make sure everything is all aligned when it's time for the babies to come!

Complications

Endometriosis 

#22 tjluvbug

tjluvbug
  • Cyclebase
  • 1574 posts

Posted 28 September 2014 - 05:35 PM

Junelily- I see my ob this week for the first time. My NT scan is booked for the 16th of October when I'll be 12 weeks 6 days. My cramps have gone away again, I think they might be dehydration related, as soon as I upped my water intake they disappeared. I remember asking my nurse at the fertility clinic about it after my first ultrasound and she explained it as uterine stretching. I'm also uncomfortably constipated so that also adds another dimension of pain to the mix. I see an acupuncturist every two weeks and she has said that As long as my fatigue and hunger stick around then she's not concerned about my lack of other typical pregnancy symptoms.

<p>Me 38 (28 when we did first IVF) DH 52 3 IVF's, 2 FET's, & 2 IUI's.  Boy/Girl twins born March 12th, 2015 at 33w6d. Our family is complete

#23 PrairiePaddleChick

PrairiePaddleChick
  • 32 posts
  • My Clinic:Calgary

Posted 01 October 2014 - 08:51 AM

I am due March 5 with fraternal twins thanks to IVF! I am 17 weeks 5 days now. Nausea has been gone for a couple of weeks and food aversions are disappearing. Yay!

• TJ33 likes this

#24 tjluvbug

tjluvbug
  • Cyclebase
  • 1574 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 09:04 AM

Welcome PrairiePaddlechick!

• PrairiePaddleChick likes this

#25 JuneLily

JuneLily
  • Global 100+
  • 250 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 09:56 AM

Welcome, PrairiePaddleChick! We have the same due date :)
  • PrairiePaddleChick likes this

Complications

Endometriosis 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: twins, multiples, due date