3 replies to this topic

#1 auroraB

auroraB
  • Global 100+
  • 161 posts
  • Dx:DOR

Posted 18 August 2014 - 10:49 PM

Hi Everyone!

Last March I did my first IVF at Genesis. It resulted in an unviable pregnancy sad.png My experience at Genesis was good. The staff and Dr. Kashyup were great and had good communication with me as I live in the North.

Someone that I respect and look up to for knowledge recently told me that I would be better off at PCRM because they haven't heard of high sucess rates at Genesis. I feel torn and have doubts now. We are wanting to try again this fall.

Please if anyone has experiences at either place...good or bad.. I really would love to hear them.

IVF

March 2014

BFN

September 2014

BFP

Oct 2016

BFN

January 2017

BFN

#2 JuneLily

JuneLily
  • Global 100+
  • 250 posts
  • Dx:Endometriosis
  • My Clinic:PCRM

Posted 18 August 2014 - 11:59 PM

Hi AuroraB and welcome!

I recently cycled with PCRM and am nearly 12 weeks pregnant with twins, so you could say I'm a fan, lol. I had no issues with PCRM. The nurses are all very friendly and your main doc would be available to you via email (or phone) if you had any questions throughout the process. My RE was generally very prompt in replying to my questions, and actually scolded me when he thought I hadn't been asking enough!! The doctors work as a team, so you would end up seeing all of them as them as they rotate who is doing the monitoring appointments, egg retrievals and egg transfers.

I can't claim to know very much about Genesis. I just compared success rate and on paper Genesis' results are superior to PCRM for women over 35 (under 35 it is the same). I've heard the success rates went up when 4 of their 5 docs left to start Olive Fertility, but I'm not sure why this would be. Genesis did recently get a Early Embryo Viability Assessment Test and they are the only clinic currently in North America to have this technology. 

Will your current RE change your protocol for the next round, or has she discussed what she thinks the issue may be with you? My initial reaction, because your first experience with Genesis was mostly positive, would be to stick with them. They now know how you react to meds and hopefully have a plan on how to make your next cycle successful.

The rule a lot of us on here live by is to take the path of least regret. If you stick with Genesis and the cycle fails, will you regret not going to PCRM (or vice versa)?

Good luck with your decision. If you have any specific questions about PCRM, feel free to ask. 

• auroraB likes this

Me: 30 31 DH: 32 33 Furbabies x 2: 7 8

TTC (or at least not trying to not to) since 2004

Complications

Endometriosis 

IVF, Pregnancy, Preterm Labour & the NICU Rollercoaster

June 2014 - Long lupron protocol. Transferred 2 5-day blasts and I finally saw two beautiful pink lines!

October 20,  2014 - Devastating news. Cervix measuring only 9mm. On bed rest and determined to make it to viability and beyond.

November 7, 2014 - Moved to hospital bed rest as planned as we neared viability.

November 13, 2014 - 24 WEEKS! Happy Viability Day, babies!

November 29, 2014 - Elianna Nicole and Scarlett Anne were born via emergency c-section at 26 weeks 3 days.babygirl.gif babygirl.gif

February 17, 2015 - Elianna becomes our first NICU graduate after 81 days!

March 3, 2015 - Scarlett is discharged after 95 days in the NICU.

#3 smurfette_w

smurfette_w
  • Cyclebase
  • 2457 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor

Posted 19 August 2014 - 01:27 AM

I was at genesis and now at Olive.  I've always had a really good experience with them, though not everybody feels that way.  The doctors go on rotation and it has never bothered me and besides, I like all the doctors there :) There doesn't seem to be a whole lot of action going on at Genesis lately but they have hired some new doctors there.

Good luck on your search!

• auroraB likes this

Me: genetic issues
DH: genetic issues, MFI

TTC since Summer 2009

See my profile for details

#4 auroraB

auroraB
  • Global 100+
  • 161 posts
  • Dx:DOR

Posted 19 August 2014 - 10:10 AM

Thank you Ladies for your replies :) My experience at Genesis was good. my DH and I both found Dr. Kashyup soothing and caring. After reading commets and other forums that are negative I find it hard not to doubt my decision because I have nothing to compare it too. However you are right JuneLily.. They do know my reaction to meds and issues and it would be wise to continue on. It's just so darn nerve racking lol. I am 37 and have a low follicle count, low responder to an aggressive approach to stimms and only retrieved 3 eggs last time, 2 fertilized with ICSI and 1 became unviable.Thank you both for responding and thank you both for your advice :)

IVF

March 2014

BFN

September 2014

BFP

Oct 2016

BFN

January 2017

BFN

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: genesis, pcrm, Vancouver