- - - - -

Change of plans!!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 28 October 2006 - 12:55 PM

So we did another semen analysis and dr. Cheung seems to think we are good candidates for IUI's! Hard to beleive we have been on this road for 4 years and finally someone is willing to try something simple! We started off at that other Vancouver clinic and couldn't wait to get out of there, before we even sat down the Dr. had labeled us ICSI or nothing. But we found comfort at UBC! :)

I could have kissed Dr. Rowe last night, we were all prepared to be starting IVF protocol next week but instead he gave me the green slip and sent us down the hall to the IUI program! Its worth a try and if it doesn't work at least we know our options. He said if nothing else it will give us a few more semen samples for them to look at, and really whats it cost an extra $25 for the IUI on top of the analysis so it can't hurt to try!

So now we just wait for AF and start the clomid next in a week! Hooray!

Best of luck to all

Jenn

#2 zoecat5

zoecat5
  • 51 posts

Posted 04 November 2006 - 07:15 PM

Jenn,

Good luck to you - I had success with Superovulation with IUI on our first try at UBC. Dr Rowe is great!
Karen
Me - 38
DH - 40
m/c Oct 13/04 - blighted ovum at 12 weeks
August '05 - bloodwork and SA a-okay
August '05 - HSG - clear (? - apparantly not!!!!)
November 10/05 - HSG - hydrosalphinx in left tube, almost completely blocked
November 28/05 - laproscopy - left tube scarred to ovary and bowel - scarring removed, bowel and ovary freed, and tube reopened
TTC for 4 months, then back to the RE
Started acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Herbs December 6/05
Started Superovulation + IUI in July/August 06 = BFP - baby Elizabeth born April 12/07

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 07 November 2006 - 07:48 PM

I am only doing the clomid right now but without monitoring, I am so afraid of missing things with the OPK!
I guess the paranoia is kicking in! Its silly I a know...

Today is my last clomid pill. My right ovary is trying to tell me something! I keep getting twinges there every few minutes.

#4 zoecat5

zoecat5
  • 51 posts

Posted 10 November 2006 - 09:59 PM

I am only doing the clomid right now but without monitoring, I am so afraid of missing things with the OPK!
I guess the paranoia is kicking in! Its silly I a know...

Today is my last clomid pill. My right ovary is trying to tell me something! I keep getting twinges there every few minutes.

twinges are good!!!! I'm sending you tons of baby dust! good luck!
Karen
Me - 38
DH - 40
m/c Oct 13/04 - blighted ovum at 12 weeks
August '05 - bloodwork and SA a-okay
August '05 - HSG - clear (? - apparantly not!!!!)
November 10/05 - HSG - hydrosalphinx in left tube, almost completely blocked
November 28/05 - laproscopy - left tube scarred to ovary and bowel - scarring removed, bowel and ovary freed, and tube reopened
TTC for 4 months, then back to the RE
Started acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Herbs December 6/05
Started Superovulation + IUI in July/August 06 = BFP - baby Elizabeth born April 12/07

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 01:30 PM

An update!

We had our IUI this past weekend... Of course being the challenge I am, I had an allergic reaction from being near the Andrology lab but I was able to go through with the IUI, our numbers weren't too good but its still better than any chance we have at home.

Susan was very caring and gentle and we just felt so comfortable there, when it was all over we were sort of shocked and in awe, that's it?? Wy didn't anyone let us try this before!?!?

So now we are doing the 2WW thing. But it is our first real 2ww. DH is so excited and already won't let me have any fun! No hot baths, and he even got after me for putting a heating pad on my knee, I convinced him that was better than my taking the narcotic medication prescribed for it. He's just too cute! He also thought that at 1dpo I could take an HPT and get a result! SO naive and innocent!

Jenn

#6 Blueberry

Blueberry
  • 44 posts
  • Dx:Immunological
  • My Clinic:VFC

Posted 15 November 2006 - 05:36 AM

Jenn, I answered you on the other thread that I started, but just want to say CONGRATS, I hope you have success with your IUI!!!

-Minnie